Avatar image for mr__dead_pool
#1 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxyptlk  and The Grand Master make a bet on wether Superman can beat Thor in a 100 round boxing match. No other powers like heat, micro, or x ray vision or super/freeze breath or super speed are allowed. Both fighters are coached on each other, and have 6 months to train(cue Rocky theme). The event is in a pocket dimension and each of the fighters friends are the audience(to cheer them on). The referee is Wildcat.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#2 Posted by King Saturn (221082 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Superman would beat down Thor in a Boxing Match
Avatar image for finalstar86
#3 Posted by FinalStar86 (8650 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes would beat the hell out of Thor

Avatar image for pirateking69
#4 Posted by PirateKing69 (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

I think superman already has training in boxing...hmm how long thor been alive im sure he does to.. hmm

Avatar image for susanoo
#5 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beats Thor in boxing. Supes ftw.
Avatar image for mr__dead_pool
#6 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (3026 posts) - - Show Bio
@PirateKing69 said:
"I think superman already has training in boxing...hmm how long thor been alive im sure he does to.. hmm "

The Champion challenged earths heroes to a boxing match once and Thor could box
Avatar image for powerherc
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, easily.

Avatar image for sexy_merc
#8 Posted by Sexy Merc (42471 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#9 Posted by termiteone4ever (11316 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes for the KO he would remember Ali tactics that he was beaten by and use ot to Ko Thor :)
Avatar image for hellos
#10 Posted by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
"Mxyptlk  and The Grand Master make a bet on wether Superman can beat Thor in a 100 round boxing match. No other powers are allowed. Both fighters are coached on each other, and have 6 months to train(cue Rocky theme). The event is in a pocket dimension and each of the fighters friends are the audience(to cheer them on). The referee is Wildcat. "


What do you mean by this? Are they reduced to peak human stats and forced to fight just as plain boxers? Because this would be a very different match in that case.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#11 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily. Thor too much depends on his hammer.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#12 Posted by God_Spawn (41057 posts) - - Show Bio

supes

Moderator
Avatar image for son_of_magnus
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Superman is a trained expert in American Boxing I don't know if Thor has ever even watched a fight

Avatar image for sexy_merc
#14 Posted by Sexy Merc (42471 posts) - - Show Bio

This song is playing in the background:
 

  
For 10 seconds.
Avatar image for mercy_
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (94657 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Moderator
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. 
 
It'd be good to watch though.

Avatar image for superdemon
#17 Posted by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" @Mr. Dead Pool said:
"Mxyptlk  and The Grand Master make a bet on wether Superman can beat Thor in a 100 round boxing match. No other powers are allowed. Both fighters are coached on each other, and have 6 months to train(cue Rocky theme). The event is in a pocket dimension and each of the fighters friends are the audience(to cheer them on). The referee is Wildcat. "
What do you mean by this? Are they reduced to peak human stats and forced to fight just as plain boxers? Because this would be a very different match in that case. "
Yea. This needs to be confirmed. Is speed, etc allowed.
Avatar image for nightwing91
#18 Posted by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has the skill, wildcat's already trained him in boxing. And the 6 months to train would allow him to learn even more. Now the only question I have is like everyone els eis if supes has his speed.

Avatar image for sxgt
#19 Posted by sxgt (279 posts) - - Show Bio

NO ONE CAN BEAT SUPERMAN !!!!  AT ANYTHING. EVER !!!!

Avatar image for karrob
#20 Posted by karrob (4304 posts) - - Show Bio
@sxgt said:
" NO ONE CAN BEAT SUPERMAN !!!!  AT ANYTHING. EVER !!!! "
Thats what it seems like....except Batman with Prep
Avatar image for cattlebattle
#21 Posted by cattlebattle (16030 posts) - - Show Bio
@sxgt said:
"NO ONE CAN BEAT SUPERMAN !!!!  AT ANYTHING. EVER !!!! "

LOL this appears to be rule #1 in the battle forums. 
 
Avatar image for mr__dead_pool
#22 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

By no other powers I meant powers like heat, x ray, and micro vision, or freeze/super breath for Supes and  no Mjolnir for Thor.

Avatar image for mrdirector786
#23 Posted by MrDirector786 (44009 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can't use any of their powers and are just in a boxing match, then Superman wins easily. Superman knows boxing and I don't know if Thor does at all. Most of Thor's fighting skill seems to be with his hammer.

Avatar image for boneapart
#24 Posted by Boneapart (854 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" By no other powers I meant powers like heat, x ray, and micro vision, or freeze/super breath for Supes and  no Mjolnir for Thor. "
and i think you should definatly take away speed blitzing
Avatar image for boneapart
#25 Posted by Boneapart (854 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786: 
thor has thousands of years battle experiance. i also think he's something like a billion years old.
 
but, you are right his fighting skill mainly includes his hammer
Avatar image for cosmos10040
#26 Posted by cosmos10040 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

superman would beat thor.

Avatar image for captainrodgers
#27 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Well everyone says Superman and this is boxing so the underdog of course wins, Thor ! in a last round come-back knock out !
Avatar image for crabtree
#28 Posted by crabtree (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

superman has faster handspeed

Avatar image for superdemon
#29 Posted by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" superman has faster handspeed "
Yes he does. But the OP rules are unclear. Is he allowed to use speed in the fight?
Avatar image for blackadam
#30 Posted by blackadam (2270 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
"Superman easily. Thor too much depends on his hammer. "

you should read  thor disassemble
 
on topic.
i don't understand, are superpowers allowed or not? if superpowers are superman wins due to speed. if not, i don't really know.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#31 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

CK

Avatar image for superdemon
#32 Posted by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadam said:
" @czarny_samael said:
"Superman easily. Thor too much depends on his hammer. "
you should read  thor disassemble on topic.i don't understand, are superpowers allowed or not? if superpowers are superman wins due to speed. if not, i don't really know. "
This. 
 
OP needs to chime in.
Avatar image for adamwarner42
#33 Posted by adamwarner42 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes is stronger so he wins by KO
Avatar image for supremebeing
#34 Posted by SupremeBeing (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would beat the living Hell out of Thor in a Boxing Match, Superman learned how to Box from the greatest of all time himself Mohammed Ali, Fly Like a Butter Fly and Sting Like a Bee. To be honest Superman holds Superior fighting skills over Thor. 
 
These are the people who have taught and trained Superman on the Art of Combat.
 
1. Highschool Wrestling, When Superman was in Highschool he learned how to Grapple very well which is why we see him in Grappling matches in fights.
 
2. Mohammed Ali taught Superman how to Box and even Sparred with the Man of Steel, but of course it was under Red Solar Radiation lol.
 
3. Batman Taught Superman Various Martial Arts Techniques.
 
4. Wonder Woman taught Superman the Combat Art of the Amazons.
 
So as far as Fighting Skill Superman is by the far the and more well rounded Fighter.
 
Superman Knocks Thor The F*** Out!

Avatar image for epitomeofcool
#35 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" Superman, easily. "

Avatar image for superdemon
#36 Posted by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamwarner42 said:
" Supes is stronger so he wins by KO "
Have you ever watched a boxing match? The stronger opponent doesn't always win. lol
Avatar image for supremebeing
#37 Posted by SupremeBeing (451 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman Wins Because he is a far better Fighter in the Art of Combat... My Post Above pretty much explains why Superman KO's Thor.
Avatar image for adamwarner42
#38 Posted by adamwarner42 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@superdemon said:
" @adamwarner42 said:
" Supes is stronger so he wins by KO "
Have you ever watched a boxing match? The stronger opponent doesn't always win. lol "

Yeah I watch it alot but what I'm saying is if a person can move a planet I think he could KO a little blondy without his big bad weapon=)
Avatar image for theiconic
#39 Posted by theiconic (922 posts) - - Show Bio

supes

Avatar image for superdemon
#40 Edited by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamwarner42 said:

" @superdemon said:

" @adamwarner42 said:
" Supes is stronger so he wins by KO "
Have you ever watched a boxing match? The stronger opponent doesn't always win. lol "
Yeah I watch it alot but what I'm saying is if a person can move a planet I think he could KO a little blondy without his big bad weapon=) "
The OP specifies they have no powers. To me that means no super strength, no speed, etc.
Avatar image for supremebeing
#41 Edited by SupremeBeing (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@superdemon:  Even if there are no Powers Superman still wins and this is why...
 
 These are the people who have taught and trained Superman on the Art of Combat.
 
1. Highschool Wrestling, When Superman was in Highschool he learned how to Grapple very well which is why we see him in Grappling matches in fights.
 
2. Mohammed Ali taught Superman how to Box and even Sparred with the Man of Steel, but of course it was under Red Solar Radiation lol.
 
3. Batman Taught Superman Various Martial Arts Techniques.
 
4. Wonder Woman taught Superman the Combat Art of the Amazons.
 
So as far as Fighting Skill Superman is by the far the and more well rounded Fighter.
 
Superman Knocks Thor The F*** Out! ... Even without Powers Superman is by far the better Fighter and Superman would also be an Exceptional Mixed Martial Arts Fighter if he was an average man. Supes would probably be in the UFC and work for the Daily Planet part time lol.
Avatar image for adamwarner42
#42 Edited by adamwarner42 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupremeBeing said:

"Superman would beat the living Hell out of Thor in a Boxing Match, Superman learned how to Box from the greatest of all time himself Mohammed Ali, Fly Like a Butter Fly and Sting Like a Bee. To be honest Superman holds Superior fighting skills over Thor.   These are the people who have taught and trained Superman on the Art of Combat.  1. Highschool Wrestling, When Superman was in Highschool he learned how to Grapple very well which is why we see him in Grappling matches in fights.  2. Mohammed Ali taught Superman how to Box and even Sparred with the Man of Steel, but of course it was under Red Solar Radiation lol.  3. Batman Taught Superman Various Martial Arts Techniques.  4. Wonder Woman taught Superman the Combat Art of the Amazons.  So as far as Fighting Skill Superman is by the far the and more well rounded Fighter.  Superman Knocks Thor The F*** Out! "                                                                                                                                                                           @superdemon said:
Oh but the op never said no super strength =) well anyways even if their isn't any powers allowed ^^his post explains evrything^^

Avatar image for vitality
#43 Edited by Vitality (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Back when Superman was first introduced....in the black and white comic strips... 
  
...he actually boxed and became the champion of the world.   
 
It was... Episode 3: The Comeback of Larry Trent     
 
Avatar image for agent9149
#44 Posted by Agent9149 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio
@sxgt said:

" NO ONE CAN BEAT SUPERMAN !!!!  AT ANYTHING. EVER !!!! "


  
 
but anywhoo.....yeah superman  knocks out  thor.....thor's only edge on supes is his magic not his physicality
Avatar image for blackadam
#45 Posted by blackadam (2270 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupremeBeing said:
"Superman would beat the living Hell out of Thor in a Boxing Match, Superman learned how to Box from the greatest of all time himself Mohammed Ali, Fly Like a Butter Fly and Sting Like a Bee. To be honest Superman holds Superior fighting skills over Thor.   These are the people who have taught and trained Superman on the Art of Combat.  1. Highschool Wrestling, When Superman was in Highschool he learned how to Grapple very well which is why we see him in Grappling matches in fights.  2. Mohammed Ali taught Superman how to Box and even Sparred with the Man of Steel, but of course it was under Red Solar Radiation lol.  3. Batman Taught Superman Various Martial Arts Techniques.  4. Wonder Woman taught Superman the Combat Art of the Amazons.  So as far as Fighting Skill Superman is by the far the and more well rounded Fighter.  Superman Knocks Thor The F*** Out! "

althought superman may win. i do not believe he is a better fighter than thor.
Avatar image for supremebeing
#46 Posted by SupremeBeing (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadam:  Superman is a better Fighter then Thor... Except it... and there is tons of proof to back it up.
Avatar image for jasraj
#47 Posted by jasraj (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

 
 

    

 
 

Ali beat the crap out of Superman. seems like supes needs a bit more training, lol, just kidding, i think Superman wins, but then again, Thor is magical
Avatar image for jasraj
#48 Posted by jasraj (4923 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor is by far a better WARRIOR than Superman, but in the sport of Boxing, it's different, i have always been a fan of the sport, so lets go 
 
Superman will probably win this, in Boxing you need to be durable, have speed, and strength, and i believe Superman wins, he is more durable, has faster hand speed and has enough strength, Thor relies on his hammer to much, and Superman is trained in the sport, he could dodge all of his punches and beat down on Thor, just like Foreman beat down on Frazier 
 
Superman Wins, Nuff said, BUT, Thor is a better warrior
   
Avatar image for susanoo
#49 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio
@sxgt said:
"NO ONE CAN BEAT SUPERMAN !!!!  AT ANYTHING. EVER !!!! "

Classic Dr. Strange says hi.
Avatar image for hellos
#50 Edited by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupremeBeing said:

" @blackadam:  Superman is a better Fighter then Thor... Except it... and there is tons of proof to back it up. "



 
 
 
Depowered Thor GO!  
 
 

   
 
 


 
 

   
 
 
 
Watch out Thor they are armed! 
  
 
 

   
   

 
 


 
 
 
Yo sif what up?

 
 


 
 


 
 
 
They have swords man!

 
 
 
Thor hit your Captain America button!


 
 
 
Now pressure points look cool, but meh on actually skill.  
I wouldn't call either Thor or Superman all that much better than the other in actually fighting ability, which doesn't factor into boxing.