User Lists: 0

Superman stomps.

Loki777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@destinyman75: bruh stop deluding yourself, Thor loses almost every thread against Superman

Superman stomps Thor, get over it

Avatar image for deactivated-607f169761d18
deactivated-607f169761d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki777: Nope only Fanboys..and many threads are still going so......

Thor vs Clark will always be a toss up period

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-606c23b8237e2: Clark vs Thor will always be a toss up stomps never that's silly....either Clark via via speed or Thor to raw power and had there are no other options

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor unless it is a dance off or a hotdog eating contest.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ab5c9a8387
deactivated-629ab5c9a8387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is not even remotely a toss up. Superman and Thor (at the time) are very similar in terms of measurables down the line. Until it comes to super speed. If each character is going all out like the rules say, this version of Superman will always beat that version of Thor because Superman is leagues faster than Thor is. Even if we count Thor's best stuff up to and including microsecond reaction speed (around bullet timing) then that is orders of magnitude slower than Superman he is near the speed of light in combat/reaction speed. This is no contest. Thor gets beaten by a guy with similar strength and durability because the other guy is literally that much faster than he is.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4908  Edited By rajjarsalt

@fcvs111: They aren't very similar. Mjolnir is what gives Thor a huge edge in energy projection, striking, etc. Magic ain't gonna help Supes and microsecond reaction speed isn't Thor's best nor is it bullet-timing level (bullets won't cross a single meter in a microsecond unless they are near Mach 3000).

And if Thor can't tag Supes like he's done numerous times before, he'll just use energy projection on him, which will definitely tag him.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4909  Edited By king_majestros

Thor definitely has the upperhand when it comes to energy projection, and is surely to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111: They aren't very similar. Mjolnir is what gives Thor a huge edge in energy projection, striking, etc.

In essence, that is what I mean, since, without Mjolnir, Thor's feats are few and far between for energy projection.

Magic ain't gonna help Supes and microsecond reaction speed isn't Thor's best nor is it bullet-timing level (bullets won't cross a single meter in a microsecond unless they are near Mach 3000).

I agree, magic may well be a problem here since Superman has no more resistance to magic than the average human does. Light travels what? 300 metres in a microsecond? Thor, turned and snagged Mjolnir out of the air just before it struck his head. That was it. At best, that is bullet timing. And different bullet travel different distances given caliber, hangun? rifle? etc...most of any arguments for Thor being a bullet timer are from what appear to be hand guns. Those velocities are hovering (if say we're talking .380 for example) are just under a 1000/ft per second.

And if Thor can't tag Supes like he's done numerous times before, he'll just use energy projection on him, which will definitely tag him.

When did Thor tag Superman? In the JLA/Avengers crossover? Are those allowed on battle forums? Because I have not seen Thor react in faster than a microsecond, I won't say he can react to Superman, anymore than any of Superman's opponents who have next to no super speed, can react legitimately to Superman. I guess I'm saying I won't scale Thor to say Quicksilver (yes, I've seen the so called feat of Thor "reacting" to Quicksilver, uggghhh...), when Thor has done nothing on his own to indicate he can legitimately react to a speedster like Quicksilver. Or, I won't scale Thor to the Silver Surfer, when Thor has never had any legitimate feats on his own that are that fast. At best, Thor is a bullet timer. Not nearly fast enough to beat Superman who is near light.

Thor definitely has the upperhand when it comes to energy projection, and is surely to win.

Thor can't hit what he can't see or otherwise react to.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111 said:

Thank the Universe that he can see Superman and otherwise react to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111 said:

What do you mean? How can Thor see someone who is moving near light speed?

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:

The same way everyone else can, by watching him. Thor has reacted to Quicksilver, whom has been "dodging lightning since he was born;" that's a bit of a stretch, but the idea is that Thor thought of a way to stop him by assuming his next position and, "having vanquished fleeter foes than him." I should also mention, though I'm forgetting the character's name, that Thor has used Mjolnir to trap a super-speedster by the throng of his Hammer. Plus, he has thrown Mjolnir at the speed of light, which can prove harmful to Superman.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111: Yes, I think it's canon to both universes, unlike some of the others.

Avatar image for deactivated-607b62fa8763f
deactivated-607b62fa8763f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:

The same way everyone else can, by watching him.

That's sort of my point. Thor, at his best is at microsecond reaction speed. He can't possibly see someone coming at him when he is that much faster than he is.

Thor has reacted to Quicksilver, whom has been "dodging lightning since he was born;" that's a bit of a stretch, but the idea is that Thor thought of a way to stop him by assuming his next position and, "having vanquished fleeter foes than him."

But doesn't Quicksilver's top stuff put him near light as well? If so, I don't see how Thor manifests speed on the level since he has never demonstrated it before.

I should also mention, though I'm forgetting the character's name, that Thor has used Mjolnir to trap a super-speedster by the throng of his Hammer. Plus, he has thrown Mjolnir at the speed of light, which can prove harmful to Superman.

Mmm, yeah but how fast was the speedster moving? People have tagged the Silver Surfer a bazillion times, but that isn't really proof that they are light speed, just proof of a writer just writing a story. I evaluate Thor's speed in this way: at best he has one measurable feat at a microsecond as I see it. Given what he did in the span of a microsecond, I see him as somewhere in the low end bullet timing range. Since I've seen Thor's best measured reaction speed in this range of time, I am thereafter, hard pressed to reconcile Thor legitimately reacting to someone who can move near, much less over, the speed of light, through scaling, after he has already demonstrated his speed in the microsecond range. I only rely on scaling if a character has no hard numbered feats like Superman, Silver Surfer or Flash. An example for me would Black Adam. Black Adam is a character with super speed listed as one of his powers. Check. Black Adam has no measurable super speed feats. Check. Black Adam has gone toe to toe with a character or two at super speed, who has feats that put him near the speed of light. And again, we are talking orders of magnitude when it comes to thousandths of increments of time. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second. The next order of magnitude is a nano second, or a billionth of a second. An individual who tops out in a microsecond reaction time would have to be a thousand times faster to top out in a nano second. I don't see the logic in ascribing microsecond reaction speed to Thor, then saying he can also move about a thousand times faster than that just on scaling alone and particularly when the feats in question aren't so clear cut.

But are feats from crossovers allowed on battle forums? I thought those were treated basically like "What-Ifs".

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4918  Edited By Vegitoblue
@rajjarsalt said:

@fcvs111: They aren't very similar. Mjolnir is what gives Thor a huge edge in energy projection, striking, etc. Magic ain't gonna help Supes and microsecond reaction speed isn't Thor's best nor is it bullet-timing level (bullets won't cross a single meter in a microsecond unless they are near Mach 3000).

Barring maybe Godblast, mjolnir doesn't gives any other edge on Superman in energy projection or striking power.

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In that crossover, Superman actually caught an all out hammer strike from Thor before koing him. So much for edge in striking power, eh?

Avatar image for deactivated-607eeebca6181
deactivated-607eeebca6181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:

That's sort of my point. Thor, at his best is at microsecond reaction speed. He can't possibly see someone coming at him when he is that much faster than he is.

Thor has reacted to Quicksilver, whom has been "dodging lightning since he was born;" that's a bit of a stretch, but the idea is that Thor thought of a way to stop him by assuming his next position and, "having vanquished fleeter foes than him."

But doesn't Quicksilver's top stuff put him near light as well? If so, I don't see how Thor manifests speed on the level since he has never demonstrated it before.

I should also mention, though I'm forgetting the character's name, that Thor has used Mjolnir to trap a super-speedster by the throng of his Hammer. Plus, he has thrown Mjolnir at the speed of light, which can prove harmful to Superman.

Mmm, yeah but how fast was the speedster moving? People have tagged the Silver Surfer a bazillion times, but that isn't really proof that they are light speed, just proof of a writer just writing a story. I evaluate Thor's speed in this way: at best he has one measurable feat at a microsecond as I see it. Given what he did in the span of a microsecond, I see him as somewhere in the low end bullet timing range. Since I've seen Thor's best measured reaction speed in this range of time, I am thereafter, hard pressed to reconcile Thor legitimately reacting to someone who can move near, much less over, the speed of light, through scaling, after he has already demonstrated his speed in the microsecond range. I only rely on scaling if a character has no hard numbered feats like Superman, Silver Surfer or Flash. An example for me would Black Adam. Black Adam is a character with super speed listed as one of his powers. Check. Black Adam has no measurable super speed feats. Check. Black Adam has gone toe to toe with a character or two at super speed, who has feats that put him near the speed of light. And again, we are talking orders of magnitude when it comes to thousandths of increments of time. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second. The next order of magnitude is a nano second, or a billionth of a second. An individual who tops out in a microsecond reaction time would have to be a thousand times faster to top out in a nano second. I don't see the logic in ascribing microsecond reaction speed to Thor, then saying he can also move about a thousand times faster than that just on scaling alone and particularly when the feats in question aren't so clear cut.

@rajjarsalt said:

But are feats from crossovers allowed on battle forums? I thought those were treated basically like "What-Ifs".

Black Adam has ran almost near speed of light on foot and fought equally to Jay Garrick at superspeed.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, only advantage Superman has is speed, but Thor is more powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-607f16bec0383
deactivated-607f16bec0383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn almost 100 pages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

History in the making

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins with ease.

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999: Aside from being stronger, more durable and more skilled you mean.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4929 takenstew22  Moderator

That major advantage will unfortunately be Thor's undoing.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999 said:

Nah. Thor is more badass so he wins by default.

No Caption Provided

Just look at him.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4931 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:
@morningstar999 said:

Nah. Thor is more badass so he wins by default.

No Caption Provided

Just look at him.

Tru.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegitoblue said:
@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:
@king_majestros said:
@fcvs111 said:

@rajjarsalt said:

Black Adam has ran almost near speed of light on foot and fought equally to Jay Garrick at superspeed.

I mentioned this already.

@vegitoblue do me a favor and stop tagging me for any reason at all. We've talked before, I don't appreciate your style of debate. Rather than achieve a measure of understanding about the battle in question, you seem more intent on misrepresenting the truth and otherwise antagonizing posters when they don't agree with your perspective. Thank you.

@emperorthanos-

@god_spawn

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111: Where did I antagonise you in that post, it's merely about posting facts.

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently thor should stomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcvs111: Where did I antagonise you in that post, it's merely about posting facts.

In previous posts, the Ultron/Thanos vs Prime thread. And yes, when you consistently misrepresent the truth when you debate and get called on it, then you insist other posters, including me, are lying...from my standpoint, that is antagonistic. Thanks for not tagging me again going forward.

Vegitoblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d
deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41ad42f50
deactivated-610a41ad42f50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chungus5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4943  Edited By Karkus

bump

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CLARKKENT10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999: I don't think so considering Thor is slower than Wolverine.

LogicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still superman

Agreed.

Again folks, the difference maker is Superman's superior combat/reaction speed. Thor just doesn't have time to react. The irony of a book like JLA/Avengers crossover is that Superman would win, but not because he is superior physically to Thor. He is just waaayyyy faster than Thor.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent10: That is an old meme, don't you think? He can still bullrush his opponent, and even tagged Quicksilver in the past. He ain't a snail as many want to claim.

CLARKKENT10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999: Well a meme that the writers agree with.

Plus he tagged Quicksilver in the past thpr has more street level speed feats than high tier feats.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent10: He can still tag fast characters though. Via aoe attacks or other means. Superman probably takes the majority cuz of speed, but if he doesn't abuse it and goes for the close combat, he gets overwhelmed by Thor's superior striking with Mjolnir. Thor also has strong energy projections Superman has little to no counters for. But as I said, if Superman uses his speed correctly, he probably wins.