#3502 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still takes a majority with Mjolnir. Greater striking power, substantially greater energy manipulation, and offensive versatility.

#3503 Posted by Kevd4wg (12702 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

Thor still takes a majority with Mjolnir. Greater striking power, substantially greater energy manipulation, and offensive versatility.

Does Superman have energy manipulation? I mean, that's like saying Superman has substantially greater frost breath, I guess it's true, but...

#3504 Edited by Supermanthor (18786 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: can you tell me a list of high and herald tier hero's from marvel who will have majority against superman in a fight ?

#3505 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@rajjar said:

Does Superman have energy manipulation? I mean, that's like saying Superman has substantially greater frost breath, I guess it's true, but...

Well IIRC his heat vision was doing some complex energy feats that would constitute different sorts of energy manipulation. Those instances might be PIS, to be fair.

EDIT: What I was thinking of earlier was energy projection. My b.

#3506 Posted by Kevd4wg (12702 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: can you tell me a list of high and herald tier hero's from marvel who will have majority against superman in a fight ?

• Rulk
  • Thing
  • Colossus
  • Wonder Woman
  • and MCU Thor(not 616, he's too slow)
#3507 Posted by Supermanthor (18786 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: I think spider Man

Lois lane

the one who post letters in Dr stranges house

Tony's father's son

Mary Jane

Mcu cap

These guys can also beat him

#3508 Posted by InsaneBrainiac (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, one of Superman’s weaknesses is magic. Thor has a MAGICAL hammer that can summon bolts of MAGICAL lightning.

#3509 Posted by Sovngarde (536 posts) - - Show Bio

@insanebrainiac: Black Adam has magic and even so Supes is more powerful than him.

#3510 Posted by Supermanthor (18786 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh damnit

#3511 Posted by Lord_Doom159 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#3512 Posted by TheKinfing (11734 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps.

He's a hard counter in every sense of the word.

#3513 Posted by Unrequited1 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this battle as split pretty evenly 5/5 out of 10, maybe 6/4 out of 10 in Thor's favor. Classic Superman has the speed advantage. Classic Thor has the striking advantage with Mjolnir and the Belt Of Strength... Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the head with an Uru hammer.

I think a God Blast from Thor would bring Clark to his knees, though. On the other hand, I don't know if Clark's heat vision would affect Thor... and even if it did, Mjolnir could just absorb it anyway.

Also, they are pretty even in the red cape department too lol

#3514 Edited by InsaneBrainiac (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovngarde: Black Adam’s power level is pretty close to Superman’s, their fights usually end in stalemate.

#3515 Posted by Sovngarde (536 posts) - - Show Bio
#3516 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@insanebrainiac: Black Adam has magic and even so Supes is more powerful than him.

Adam never used magic in his fight with Superman , and it portrayed them to be near equals as well.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#3517 Posted by blackpantherisb (7110 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins solidly.

#3518 Posted by Supermanthor (18786 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie

#3519 Posted by thezoneexpo (170 posts) - - Show Bio

We are talking about a bloodlusted Superman. Thor gets murdered. Supes has taken lighting strikes from magical beings such as BLACK Adam and Shazam. It did not put him down. Thor would lose against Darkseide or Doomsday which Superman has defeated both. He's just a notch above Thor.

#3520 Posted by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

49/51 Thor/Superbman

#3521 Posted by Supermanthor (18786 posts) - - Show Bio
#3522 Posted by FaradaySloth (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku beats both with a burp easy money

#3523 Edited by iamacomicbook (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make the argument Thor would win for reasons:

1) He has magic on his side and sure Superman has been blasted by Shazams magic and wasn't effected but Thor is way more magical in nature and weapons

2) Supeman's heat vision and freeze breath won't affect Thor at much as he has easily survived being in the sun and has fought the Frost Giants for nine months straight, so that would of meant he would be in the freezing cold for nine months. If Superman realises this he will have to resort to just his punches.

3) There both roughly on par in speed with Superman being slightly faster but Thor isn't slow either, he has been able to easily keep up with the Silver Surfer on multiple occasions and even go into hyperspace before and has reacted from attacks from the Silver Surfer, a being who is far superior in speed than Superman.

4) Thor has dealt with beings like Superman (Hyperion and Sentry aka Marvel's Supermen) and has won heck he's killed the Sentry on more than one occasion and granted these guys are weaker than Superman (well Sentry has better striking force) but still Thor has dealt with beings like them so if he realises that Superman is like Hyperion and Sentry he'll probably try and use his tactics to defeat them with Superman (granted this might fail for Thor but he will try)

5) Mjölnir will definitely help since Superman has not dealt with a weapon like it, Thor will definitely catch Superman off guard when the hammer comes back to his hand when he first throws it, giving Thor a way to land multiple hits on Superman who probably had probably been damaged a lot by the hammer since he was caught off guard

6) Thor has a much bigger arsenal in powers (and technically weapons since well he DOES have a weapon) Thor is capable of many things (mainly with the hammer) whereas Superman doesn't have that many, one power that could potentially come to play is the God Blast (capable of damaging Galactus and if generated enough force kill him) this blast would kill Superman easily but Superman could dodge it so if Thor perhaps damaged Superman enough to say paralyse or just get him unconscious for a few seconds (or as long as it takes to generate the blast) it's over for Superman he'd barely have time to react to such a blast.

And Finally 7) While I would say Superman has a better lifting strength I'd argue Thor has a better striking force as we have seen Thor destroy planets with a single blow, he has been able to send Colossus flying with a single hit, once hit a tank so hard the vibration of it caused the molecules of steel to disassemble and fall apart, we've even seen him strike Gorr the God Butcher so powerful he CREATED a BLACK HOLE, In the same fight with Gorr a nearby moon started to crumple with the shockwaves of his punches and he has even creaked Celestial Armour which has been able to tank planet busting attacks. Superman may have punched time and space but Thor definitely has a good striking force behind him, he just needs to unleash it and besides we've seen Thor go toe to toe with Hulk in strength, we saw him match strength with the Hulk for an entire hour, granted both were standing still but Hulk was at his ''Savage'' stage and Savage Hulk is crazy powerful and strong as he has punched a time storm before so impressive here are more feats of Savage Hulk https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/superhero-feats-the-hulk-savage-hulk-incarnation-edition-a70954 . That is all I have for now, I will always stand by my point as most of you will by yours, I hope you understand so please don't try and change my opinion. Thx for reading if you made it ;)

#3524 Edited by iamacomicbook (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Why people will bring up that Thor has been tagged by slower opponents is understandable if they can do it so can Superman but here is a problem, Thor always holds back as when he fights opponents on Earth he pretty much always holds back (besides when fighting the Hulk) he could easily blitz pretty much everyone on Earth if he wanted as they are all under him in pretty much every way (except intellect) Thor has easily been able to tag Quicksilver and even stated he's fought faster opponents and Quicksilver has been able to go at light speeds and Thor easily tagged him. Thor has also been able to keep up with the Silver Surfer with ease even react to his attacks and I think it's no competition for who is faster between Superman and Silver Surfer as Surfer has easily travelled around the universe, granted Surfer may hold back on his speed but Thor has been able to keep up with him easily on so many occasions that you think the guy would know not to hold back on his travelling speed with Thor but he may not hold back in fact when he hasn't been holding back with Thor in a fight Thor has still been able to react to his attacks. I don't think it's too bad to say Thor and Superman are roughly equals in speed (with Superman being a bit faster) but Thor can react to his attacks and easily dodge and block them. Thor may not look like it but the guy is extremely fast. Also just a side note please don't call him Slowdinson and I do also want to bring up the fact that Thor will take his opponents attacks since he is Asgardian, he's a Warrior and he always seems to hold back on pretty much everything (especially his strength and speed) if Thor were going all out with his speed he would blitz his opponents

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca855f398e86
#3525 Posted by deactivated-5ca855f398e86 (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps again Thor is no better than hulk

#3526 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (221 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#3527 Posted by TakenStew22 (627 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it, but since Superman is bloodlusted he's gonna speed blitz Thor. It sucks because both of them seem even in terms of strength and durability, but Superman is just too fast when he's serious. Of course, Thor has a few good reaction time feats and that's cool and all, but I don't think it would make much of a difference.

If speed is equalized then I think Thor has a way better chance of winning.

#3528 Posted by TakenStew22 (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can also use AOE attacks if Supes is blitzing him, but for how long?

#3529 Edited by Thought_Robot (896 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor kills on bloodlusted mode.

Has far better power kinds..