Superman VS Thor

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

@conner_wolf: As expected, Vice President of Publishing's word is simply discarded because it doesn't fit your blatant bias towards Thor. The fact Thor can tag fast opponents is because they let themselves get tagged by not using their speed, which coincidentally most of the time are Silver Surfer who is by far the worst speedster you can find given how often he forgets he can move at insane speed; Sentry, which suffers from the same fact and Gladiator, which then again is affected by his character and lack of speed usage... It is not because Thor is fast, which is contradicted by Marvel's Editorial Group, several instances and the vision of several writers, that of course not taking into account Silver Surfer, Sentry and Gladiator have actually blitzed Thor, even more so Gladiator who has blitzed him so fast he was helpless . I'll drop the debate with you as well, it's so unpractical i don't find it any rewarding anymore...

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rickythanos: Here Mjolnir travels across a galaxy in about three seconds

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir is capable of opening a portal anywhere, even if it's not of it's own free well, Thor can just command Mjolnir to do it.

No Caption Provided

And yes without Mjolnir he can, he swings Mjolnir with his arm, correct? Ergo, he's moving his arm at the speed he is swinging Mjolnir, and if he swings Mjolnir FTL-which is confirmed-the his arm is swinging FTL as well, and if Superman's grabbing Thor, I think that's a good time for Thor to just give Superman a bear hug, crush him, then summon a magic lightning bolt to slam right into the Man of Steel. Thor is not just relying on physicals here.

And Thor can also summon solar winds that carry him across galaxies so fast that they pass by in a blur.

Yeah, that first pic is moving toward a stationary thor, not a FTL travelling superman.

That second scan shows the portal being opened with thor *wielding* it. It doesn't really account for when Mjonir is not in Thors hand. All I've ever seen Mjolnir do while NOT in thors hand is move toward thor.

How powerful is Thor without mjolnir?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@conner_wolf: He's blitzed Superman, Green Lantern, dodged oncoming missiles at near light speed, dismantled a roomful of alien robots in less than a panel, and reacted faster than Deadman could think.

Also, nice out of context scan.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Oh god... Dude, Brevoort's words have been the only and SOLE thing that has kept things like Primary Adamantium indestructible and he's been behind most of Marvel's retcons in modern days. The actual opinion whose relevancy is almost nonexistent is the one of a grumpy Thor fan who can't accept and see facts even if they explode in front of his forehead. As i said, i'm done here.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like almost every version of this fight (except for spite match-ups), Superman wins.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: It's no use. You NEED to be ignorant to debate for Thor, or at least that's what current Thor debaters believe.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: And were these in post-crisis continuity, or pre-crisis continuity?

@rickythanos: Except it crossed the Galaxy in a couple seconds, to do that, it had to be going trillions of times the speed of light.

Thor commands Mjolnir from anywhere he is, it need not be in his hand for him to command it.

Now, are you asking when he is unworthy, or when it's just not in his hand? The answer to both of those are, his physical state and abilities do not change, only his extra abilities and ability to fly, although he could still fly with the help of the winds like Storm does.

@ghostravage:He's also said Odin>Phoenix Force.

No it's not, its because Thor is fast, on panel evidence trumps anything someone who didn't even write the comic says. Hell, Gladiator was trying to blitz Thor, so was Sentry, Silver Surfer sent his blast at max speeds, don't you try to say they let themselves get hit, that's just plain stupid.

You're right, it's impractical to argue with someone who won't except evidence staring him in the fact. It's honestly sad to see every Superman fan like you is just going to shout to the heavens until the end of time that Thor is slow no matter how much happens otherwise

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Post. Pre-Crisis Lobo was an entirely different species and much weaker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Adamantium has nothing to do with Thor. His words don't change what happen in comics life I said. You just don't like some Thor fans but that doesn't change what has happened in comics. Brevoorts said something he imagined. These are fictional characters and whatever the writer says is true, unless it is specifically retconned. The word of someone who isn't a writer, that doesn't discredit what Thor has done, cannot be used to say he is slow.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: Then look at any of the other scans I listed up there, giant robots, random insects, and other enemies who clearly aren't moving FTL tag Superman ALL THE TIME. So if Thor not tagging enemies who aren't FTL should be considered, then so should Superman getting hit by non-FTL enemies. That is even, fair, and entirely reasonable the only way you'd reject this notion is if you are bias against Thor and don't want to apply the same rules as you do to Marvel, to DC

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: There's a difference between being tagged and being blitzed. I can only assume this non-sequitur post is desperation. If Lobo is slow, Thor is a snail. Yeah I said it.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: And Thor has reacted to blitzes form FTL characters and nanosecond fighters, so he shouldn't be blitzed at all by Superman.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By conner_wolf
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: SEE! This is f*cking hilarious! Trolling aside, i'm actually starting to believe you MUST have double standards to argue for Thor, i mean, it's like you people don't even notice how you keep changing your points just to fit something that has no way to be supported properly.

No it's not, its because Thor is fast, on panel evidence trumps anything someone who didn't even write the comic says. Hell, Gladiator was trying to blitz Thor, so was Sentry, Silver Surfer sent his blast at max speeds, don't you try to say they let themselves get hit, that's just plain stupid.

You're right, it's impractical to argue with someone who won't except evidence staring him in the fact. It's honestly sad to see every Superman fan like you is just going to shout to the heavens until the end of time that Thor is slow no matter how much happens otherwise

So you're saying on-panel evidence trumps anything yet you f*cking neglect the fact Thor has stated twice a street leveler is faster than him, street levelers have stated Thor is slow, and he's been flat out blitzed by one who couldn't even tag Spider-Man? I can't fathom what's your thought process but i had to deal with the same kind of approach a few days ago. I cannot address points like this and i would suggest you to simply stop debating each other. Let's just walk away.

The fact Thor's slowness has on-panel evidence, statements by both him and street levelers, consistency and Marvel's Editorial Group words on the subject means there's a LOT more proof to suggest he's slow than the other way around. Considering the ONLY argument you Thor fans have to support his speed is the fact he has tagged people that in OTHER instances have gone incredibly fast while failing to prove they were actually using their speed during the instance, while at the same time claiming Superman doesn't use his speed as if he was the ONLY and SOLE speeding powerhouse who doesn't use his speed (of course this is wrong because he actually uses his speed most of the time). There are several instance to prove Gladiator, Sentry, Silver Surfer, f*cking throw Spider-Man there too for all i care, to suffice their super human speed whereas Thor has the same quantity of feats to support his under average combat speed. Look, i won't write any more text walls unless i'm 100% sure i won't be arguing against density and considering i've seen a fair share of your posts, let alone your approach to the subject being inexplicably similar to the nuisance i had to deal before actually makes me think is better to let this one pass. Seriously, i'm done, feel free to continue, just not with me.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHHAAHHAHAHA, conner being conner.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: So you suggest we just take all his lowest end feats and that's all we should use? Sure, why the hell not, go for it man, believe whatever you want, I've shown you Thor being fast, and all you can respond with is "THOR IS THOR, THOR IS SLOW, THOR IS SLOW, HE'S SO SLOW, SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW" Then how about Thor just opens a portal and BFRs him like he did Wasp, GG.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TifaLockhart
conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: Yeah no scans and total denial of what happens on-panel sure proves a lot.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My cancer now has AIDs

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MrDevil

@rickythanos said:
@conner_wolf said:

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir is capable of opening a portal anywhere, even if it's not of it's own free well, Thor can just command Mjolnir to do it.

No Caption Provided

And yes without Mjolnir he can, he swings Mjolnir with his arm, correct? Ergo, he's moving his arm at the speed he is swinging Mjolnir, and if he swings Mjolnir FTL-which is confirmed-the his arm is swinging FTL as well, and if Superman's grabbing Thor, I think that's a good time for Thor to just give Superman a bear hug, crush him, then summon a magic lightning bolt to slam right into the Man of Steel. Thor is not just relying on physicals here.

And Thor can also summon solar winds that carry him across galaxies so fast that they pass by in a blur.

Yeah, that first pic is moving toward a stationary thor, not a FTL travelling superman.

That second scan shows the portal being opened with thor *wielding* it. It doesn't really account for when Mjonir is not in Thors hand. All I've ever seen Mjolnir do while NOT in thors hand is move toward thor.

How powerful is Thor without mjolnir?

Thor didn't throw Mjolnirg to himself he throw it to the end of the galaxy and it come back in less than 60 sec. FTL it took minutes to superman to travel from earth to the sun.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: out of context scan is out of context.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Are you doubting the credibility of what i'm stating because i wouldn't take the bother to address an enormous amount of misused scans when you can see a recent CaV where i actually debated properly? It's not like i'm lying and my take on the subject has been sufficiently logical for you to have the decency to at least call it a wrap instead of doubting what i'm stating. Anyone who has debated me here could confirm you that if i engage you, i'll hit with everything i have without the sligthest of out of context evidence but given you're a scan dumper and seemingly impervious to other's points of view without showing anything new nor innovating already debunked and overused arguments , already seals the deal to me. I do not consider these types of debates rewarding but exhausting. Anyways...

@ghostravage: So you suggest we just take all his lowest end feats and that's all we should use? Sure, why the hell not, go for it man, believe whatever you want, I've shown you Thor being fast, and all you can respond with is "THOR IS THOR, THOR IS SLOW, THOR IS SLOW, HE'S SO SLOW, SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW" Then how about Thor just opens a portal and BFRs him like he did Wasp, GG.

No... I suggest you take your scans and address them properly instead of overblowing Thor's capabilities while discarding a serious amount of evidence which proves his slowness in combat. What about showing the characters Thor has consistently kept up with using their speed against Thor, let alone in intelligent ways like Superman has done several times, like against Doomsday Rex, Mongul Jr, Tokai, Imperiex to mention a few, there's like 15-16 more by my count and they would suffice for a focused and properly used Superman, you know, like the vine's rules state.

Bye.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: SEE! This is f*cking hilarious! Trolling aside, i'm actually starting to believe you MUST have double standards to argue for Thor, i mean, it's like you people don't even notice how you keep changing your points just to fit something that has no way to be supported properly.

So you're saying on-panel evidence trumps anything yet you f*cking neglect the fact Thor has stated twice a street leveler is faster than him, street levelers have stated Thor is slow, and he's been flat out blitzed by one who couldn't even tag Spider-Man? I can't fathom what's your thought process but i had to deal with the same kind of approach a few days ago. I cannot address points like this and i would suggest you to simply stop debating each other. Let's just walk away.

The fact Thor's slowness has on-panel evidence, statements by both him and street levelers, consistency and Marvel's Editorial Group words on the subject means there's a LOT more proof to suggest he's slow than the other way around. Considering the ONLY argument you Thor fans have to support his speed is the fact he has tagged people that in OTHER instances have gone incredibly fast while failing to prove they were actually using their speed during the instance, while at the same time claiming Superman doesn't use his speed as if he was the ONLY and SOLE speeding powerhouse who doesn't use his speed (of course this is wrong because he actually uses his speed most of the time). There are several instance to prove Gladiator, Sentry, Silver Surfer, f*cking throw Spider-Man there too for all i care, to suffice their super human speed whereas Thor has the same quantity of feats to support his under average combat speed. Look, i won't write any more text walls unless i'm 100% sure i won't be arguing against density and considering i've seen a fair share of your posts, let alone your approach to the subject being inexplicably similar to the nuisance i had to deal before actually makes me think is better to let this one pass. Seriously, i'm done, feel free to continue, just not with me.

Sorry but Superman has been defeated times to times by street lever like batman. Even if he holds back Thor always end up winning against those kind of fights and most of the time he is trying to hold them not kill them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even with the likes of Hulk or Iron Man he has always hold back or he would kill them.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf said:

No Caption Provided

Odin sent Mjolnir back. It didn't cross the galaxy.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: The one in which Thor allegedly throws his hammer to the other side of the Galaxy.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Every. Character. In. Fiction. Is. Inconsistent. That is a fact of fiction and it always has been.

And why should we just ignore the fact he tangles with incredibly fast beings on a daily basis? The dude has punked Hermes on multiple occasions, beaten Quicksilver-faster than anyone that people say blitzed Thor. He's teleported a entire group of people before they could even process what was going on, he's blitzed Sentinels, Bullrushed Galactus twice, reacted to Warlock's speed, reacted at microsecond speeds, reacted to Zefra easily, he reacts to Rulk falling into a black hole, reacted to a telepathic blast from Phoenix Force Rachel, he blitzed Sentry, reacted to a crowbar inches from his head, and Bor's axe, etc.... HIS VERY ABILITY TO SWING MJOLNIR AT FTL SPEEDS IS AN ORIGINAL PART OF WHAT THE CHARACTER DOES, but no, here on ComicVine, the only time it ever matters is when Thor does something that goes against all of this,

Arguing for consistency is stupid because then it just becomes a sh*t-throwing contest of who can come up with a worse and more terrible feats for their opponent. It's ridiculous and it's what I came on ComicVine to get away from on YouTube, but no, everyone here does the same thing. Hell, even in his fight with Wolverine he got cut off before he finished his sentence, he could've said anything before he got interrupted, thought, remember, realized, etc....

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I'm doubting your credibility because you don't acknowledge anything Thor can do, that's just showing intense amounts of bias. I saw your CAV, you showed low-end Thor feats, your opponent showed low-end Superman feats and you got all uppity, just like any other time someone actually tries to give Superman fans a taste of their own medicine.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man this debate will go on and on for decades. The bottom line is Superman's only advantage is speed, Thor has the edge in every other category.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: The one in which Thor allegedly throws his hammer to the other side of the Galaxy.

what do you mean, he says he throws Mjolnirg to the other side of the galaxy, and he says i need be separated to the hammer only sixty seconds. If he was 60 secs separed from Mjolnirg he would have changed back and in the times he end thinking all that, the hammer was coming back to his hand, what do you mean with "the scan is out of context"?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: You do know what happens on the very next page, right?

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MrDevil

@tifalockhart said:

@mrdevil: You do know what happens on the very next page, right?

please en-light me, Also or even better allow me

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: If you've truly read the comic, I shouldn't have to enlighten you. Do you or do you not know what happens next?

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: If you've truly read the comic, I shouldn't have to enlighten you. Do you or do you not know what happens next?

is sacarms and also i was looking for the next page.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Thanks for the scans that debunk the feat.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Thanks for the scans that debunk the feat.

it didn't debunked anything since the hammer still went 1 min and what 2, or 3 sec? How much does Superman travels from earth to the sun and back?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: That he reverted is not the point. The context is that Thor wanted to commit suicide and Odin wouldn't let him.

And Superman has been clocked at 20c for what it's worth. Earth to Saturn in four minutes.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: That he reverted is not the point. The context is that Thor wanted to commit suicide and Odin wouldn't let him.

And Superman has been clocked at 20c for what it's worth. Earth to Saturn in four minutes.

True in that but the hammer still go to the end of the galaxy and back.

also what is 20c? Celsius?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Odin sent the hammer back before it crossed the galaxy.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: According to Thor. He also said it would take some time to come back. Just because a character states something does not make it true.

20c is 20 times light speed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Sy8000

Superman blitzes

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Odin sent the hammer back before it crossed the galaxy.

it doesn't say that in there

@mrdevil: According to Thor. He also said it would take some time to come back. Just because a character states something does not make it true.

20c is 20 times light speed.

That could be the same for what Thor says in the fight with Wolvie

Scan?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By TifaLockhart

@mrdevil: At the very least, and this is ignoring the context of the story, Thor did not throw his hammer to the end of the galaxy and back in less than sixty seconds.

EDIT: The 20c instance is when Superman heard Luthor was elected President.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: New 52 has flown at least 700 times faster than light, Post-Crisis even 2,629,804 times.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Posting only when Thor got in a virtual sucker punch like blow doesn't change the fact that at the conclusion of their final battle, Superman was standing over the strewn, prone, utterly defeated carcass of Thor. And Thor CLAIMING that he has the Man Of Steel's measure does not mean a thing to the ACTUAL FACT that Kal DECISIVELY defeated the thunder god.

NOTHING can change the fact that in a battle with Thor---SUPERMAN WINS.