#51 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho: I'm not sure if I want to waste my time with you. In a previous post you "lol'ed" about street levellers tagging Superman---indicating that you do not have the critical thinking skills to realize PIS when you see it. Just because a character is shown doing something in a comic doesn't mean it is a feasible thing for the character to do. Let's put it this way: among many, MANY dubious "feats", Batman-a formidable, but HUMAN being-during his long comic book career has been depicted as punching Wonder Woman with enough force to make her SCREAM in pain (ridiculous, since she has tanked blows from Superman and Captain Marvel when they were bloodlusted) punched and kicked the Hulk with enough impact to make Hulk not only yell, but WHINE in pain (OUTRAGEOUS) strike Superman with enough power to turn Superman's head in the "Hush" storyline (IMPOSSIBLE---Wayne would have broken every bone in his hand) and kicked the Spectre with with enough strength to make him MOAN in pain (WHAA---??) Now, any ONE of those incidents would be called complete and utter BULL %&^* by reasonable people, since Batman doesn't have the origin or power set to justify those things. But if we use your "logic" since those things have been "consistently shown" in comics, then they are "legit".

By the same token, even though, as I mentioned earlier, writers from different eras have rightly depicted Thor as having no extraordinary combat speed-because his origin and power set doesn't justify it-you grasp onto the PIS depictions because-just like Batman fans-you "like" Thor (or are too invested in your point of view to acknowledge differently), so you ignore that reality.

The fact that you think Thor has the combat speed to match Kal is a red flag that you are a FAN, not FACT driven person.

#52 Posted by newecho (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: I lol'd because everyone was using thor's lowest showings but never use supes low end feats or use the fact that he gets hit by anyone he fights... I am not even a fan of thor... and instead of actually addressing anything you go on this rant about what fans do??? The fact is,, thor has higher striking power,, has magical based attacks and has a way to end the fight quickly... He can bfr supes... He also has the god blast which supes can't block or withstand...

#53 Edited by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho said:

@ghostravage: How does he react to hyperion and the likes of the sentry if he is slower than wolverine.... That comic was really poorly written and right after he said that he caught his foot and threw him across the field...He won the fight too.... Is thor faster than supes? no,, but can he react to supes? yes... We know he can see him as he can see hermes...

it's bc Wolvy has FTL

LOL

#54 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho: Yep, just as I suspected---you answer my "apple" statements with "orange" replies. The points I made went WAAY over your head. Sorry, I just don't have time for you today.

#55 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Rpgesus (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#57 Posted by newecho (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: I know exactly what you were correlating an argument around... Trying to give me a lesson on what pis is,,, I get it... You still didn't answer anything that pertains to the battle...You just repeated what you already said....

#58 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho:I see that you tagged me, but I whatever you wrote I didn't read because, due to you thinking Thor has combat speed to match Superman, any opinion you express is moot.

#59 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: Origin don't have anything to do with their power set. Thor has been able to react, fight and defeat beings that are FTL. Thor being speed blisted by someone whom he didn't wanted to fight is comprehencible Thor relies more in his strength than in his speed. But Batman has make Superman bleed, what that mean? Does that mean WW, MM, Thor, Hercules, Hulk would knock out Superman?

Superman when he fight being stronger as him he give punches strong enough to obliterate mountains, but only when he is angry, Thor fights that kind of strength and even more powerful all time, Gladiator has destroyed planets with his punches, and Thor has proven to be stronger than Gladiator. Is true that Superman is faster, way faster but he only uses it when in desperated measures. Same goes for Thor, only that Thor can react to FTL Mjolnirg casually.

So when Superman get's angry (new 52) can destroy mountains easily, or (post crisis) can brake a moon in half. Thor when angry can call to the storm of thousand of worlds and hurt a being that had absorbed a good amount of the universe.

1. Angry which one would win?
  2. Calmed which one is more powerful?
  3. In desperate moments but calmed when he had to save a life which one is better?

Answer is 1 - Thor, 2 - Thor and 3 - Superman.

#60 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil:Um---I honestly can't make out what you are trying to say.

#61 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil:The JLA/Avengers mini-series depicted what would happen in a Superman/Thor battle. And before you claim "it wasn't canon 'cause it was a cross-over"---until Warner Brothers buys out Disney (or vice versa) the only way these characters can ever meet to battle each other---IS IN A CROSSOVER!

As long as the characters act as they normally would, and no PIS is involved, it's legit. SUPERMAN WINS.

#63 Posted by ElderSkaar (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, if Thor is going to throw Mjolnir Superman will see his movements and just move away Before he tossed it then he Blitz Thor with a hundred punches and he is down for good.

#64 Posted by newecho (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@elderskaar: What?? ok lets say that scenario is plausible,, that is one way for supes to win.. How does he not get bfr'd? How does sups handle a god blast?? Both of those trump your if he throws mjlonir... I am guessing you mean that he can't react to supes without mjolnir?

#65 Posted by Chazz85 (5201 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman with his pre 52 feats of strength he's stronger than thor physically. Supermans a bit faster and bloodlusted he might just out speed blitz thor in a great fight. It will result in superman eventually bating away thors hammer cos he's worthy and just doing what he did to shazam in injustice.

#67 Edited by rickythanos (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor better not let go of Mjolnir for even a split second. Even if Superman isn't worthy (he's wielded it mjolnir twice and tanked it too), the split second that Mjolnir is out of Thors hand, supes just blitzes him to the source wall (like he did to Darkseid) with Mjolnir struggling to follow, and leaves him there. If supes is bloodlusted, this is absolutely in-character.

Aaaand, since Thor lets go of Mjolnir in the VAST majority of his fights, I'd say this is a pretty likely scenario.

@mrdevil said:

@huthimamwa said:

Finally. I've been waiting years for someone to think to post this fight. Thank you.

Thor btw.

Whom would win between Thor vs Superman? - Battles - Comic Vine

CaV N52 Superman(GhostRavage) vs Thor(Thor_Parker82)GR won! - Battles - Comic Vine

And those are just two of the most recently ones.

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic

#68 Posted by Batmanfan1997 (33 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Batmanfan1997 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor = slower than mangoose who can't even tag spiderman . Gladiator knocked him out using sheer speed . Superman = Pisco and Femto second second reaction speedster

#70 Posted by KingOfKings1 (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Superman

#71 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickythanos: Mjolnir can move far faster than Superman can, and it can just open up a portal in front of him, no force in the universe can keep Thor from Mjolnir. Besides, Thor can definitely react to such a blitz.

@batmanfan1997: You're a fool, he's nanosecond at best, and so is Thor, using low-end feats doesn't change that.

#72 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil:The JLA/Avengers mini-series depicted what would happen in a Superman/Thor battle. And before you claim "it wasn't canon 'cause it was a cross-over"---until Warner Brothers buys out Disney (or vice versa) the only way these characters can ever meet to battle each other---IS IN A CROSSOVER!

As long as the characters act as they normally would, and no PIS is involved, it's legit. SUPERMAN WINS.

I never say it wasn't cannon. I actually like the fight even if it was kind of short yet,

No Caption Provided

Thor knock Superman in their first encounter. And more important yet

No Caption Provided

Also Kurt Busiek explained that both Superman and Captain America acted out of character, because being in different universes than their own was messing with their minds.

Dream Comic-Book Crossover: SUPERMAN AND THOR‏ | iBLOGalot

Also what do you mean with WB buying Disney in all case it would the on the contrary since Disney has become way more popular than WB. Also is kinda of cool that two rival companies of kid entertainment as Disney and WB are now the owners of two rival comic universes (DC and Marvel).

#73 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor better not let go of Mjolnir for even a split second. Even if Superman isn't worthy (he's wielded it mjolnir twice and tanked it too), the split second that Mjolnir is out of Thors hand, supes just blitzes him to the source wall (like he did to Darkseid) with Mjolnir struggling to follow, and leaves him there. If supes is bloodlusted, this is absolutely in-character.

Aaaand, since Thor lets go of Mjolnir in the VAST majority of his fights, I'd say this is a pretty likely scenario.

@mrdevil said:

@huthimamwa said:

Finally. I've been waiting years for someone to think to post this fight. Thank you.

Thor btw.

Whom would win between Thor vs Superman? - Battles - Comic Vine

CaV N52 Superman(GhostRavage) vs Thor(Thor_Parker82)GR won! - Battles - Comic Vine

And those are just two of the most recently ones.

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic

just in case LOL

#74 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#75 Edited by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: In fact, i'll pass, i don't know why i forgot what i had to deal with a few days ago. The amount of out context and vaguely nitpicked scans you selected is not to be approached. I would have lasted like 8 hours addressing every single scan of yours considering they're not only are out of context, but the amount of fallacies and incongruences is obnoxious. Regardless, thats Thor's fans typical. Hell... The Green Lantern scan and its approach absurd given the quantity of feats he has showcasing his speed.

#76 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol... Tom Brevoort has stated twice Thor doesn't have super speed. This is beyond reason.

#77 Edited by KingOfKings1 (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol... Tom Brevoort has stated twice Thor doesn't have super speed. This is beyond reason.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#78 Edited by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.

#79 Edited by rickythanos (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf said:

@rickythanos: 1.) Mjolnir can move far faster than Superman can, and 2.) it can just open up a portal in front of him, no force in the universe can keep Thor from Mjolnir. Besides, 3.) Thor can definitely react to such a blitz.

1.) I'd need to see scans to beleive that mjolnir (without a wielder) has space travel feats anywhere near Superman's without using the bifrost or something. Superman blitzed Darkseid to the source wall during a heated conversation.

2.) It can do this of it's own free will? Scans please.

3.) Not without Mjolnir, he can't.

The biggest difference between Superman and Thor (besides the absurd difference in speed) is that thor frequently throws the source of his power away from his body. Superman does not do that.

#80 Edited by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is slow sometimed and fast other times. He has low showings like everyone else, even Flash.

And Tom Brevoort is just one writer. Every writer has different interpretations of a character

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
#81 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (4316 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Clark possessing the speed advantage will be the deciding factor here. Statistically, they are comparable but the absence of speed in Thor's side will be his downfall. Supes has the necessary striking capabilities to harm Thor and with the stipulation given, he has the aggressiveness needed to go for an early blitz on Thor.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#82 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Superman wins. If Morals were on then it would be a stalemate.

#83 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Brevoort is not a writer. He's the Senior Vice President of Publishing. His word should be highly respected regarding anything that will appear in the comics and his word is relevant enough to completely debunk and retcon feats. If he says Thor doesn't have super speed, Wolverine has better reactions and Thor can't even run 300mph means Thor can't do it, and considering the amount of proof under 6 different writers means there's a lot more to suffice the notion of Thor being slow than the other way around.

#84 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf said:

@rickythanos: 1.) Mjolnir can move far faster than Superman can, and 2.) it can just open up a portal in front of him, no force in the universe can keep Thor from Mjolnir. Besides, 3.) Thor can definitely react to such a blitz.

1.) I'd need to see scans to beleive that mjolnir (without a wielder) has space travel feats anywhere near Superman's without using the bifrost or something. Superman blitzed Darkseid to the source wall during a heated conversation.

The biggest difference between Superman and Thor (besides the absurd difference in speed) is that thor frequently throws the source of his power away from his body. Superman does not do that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#85 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It doesn't matter what he says. The fact that he's not a writer makes his word less powerful. Stan Lee created Thor to make him the most powerful hero above hulk, but writers have changed that. Same thing here, one guys word, who doesn't even write Thor, doesn't change anything and isnt a fact

#86 Posted by rickythanos (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil said:
@rickythanos said:
@conner_wolf said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yep. Thor was able to do a LOT of talking before Mjolnir was back in his hand. No way it's catching up to Superman speed blitzing him across the galaxy.

#87 Posted by bouncyhippo (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Crisis Superman tanked 15 supernovas. Punched someone so hard that he went into orbit at Mach 7. He can adjust his Laser EYes to cut out a piece of someone's brain or even all of it invisible to the naked eye. And he's psychic. Thor has come no where to those feats. Don't forget Pre-Crisis Superman sneezed away an entire solar system.

Loading Video...

#88 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Yeah yeah... "Ignore facts + Discredit writers - Congruency = Most of Thor fans...

I'm out.

Avatar image for supermanwins465
#89 Posted by SupermanWins465 (409 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Thors a city buster now.

#90 Edited by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Discredit a writer? You just told me he wasn't one.

You didn't counter my Stan Lee example and I was actually wondering if you had something that could. Statements by officials in marvel aren't the end all be all, what actually happens in the comics matter. Unless something is directly retconned, as in a specific case mentioned, but that isn't what happened here.

He says that "he would imagine" wolverine is faster because he knows that its up to the writers, not him, in this case.

#91 Edited by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickythanos: Speed of Mjolnirg to the end of the galaxy and back in less than 60 sec. and in the second they multiple years light speed in moments.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Thor speed blitzing Silver Surfer and knocking out Galactus.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

New 52 Superman vs Batman

And Post Crisis Superman vs Batman

No Caption Provided

Superman has Raw Speed but against a warrior like Wonder Woman or Thor he needs to think before giving a punch while Thor and Diana move by reflexes.

#92 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickythanos: Here Mjolnir travels across a galaxy in about three seconds

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir is capable of opening a portal anywhere, even if it's not of it's own free well, Thor can just command Mjolnir to do it.

No Caption Provided

And yes without Mjolnir he can, he swings Mjolnir with his arm, correct? Ergo, he's moving his arm at the speed he is swinging Mjolnir, and if he swings Mjolnir FTL-which is confirmed-the his arm is swinging FTL as well, and if Superman's grabbing Thor, I think that's a good time for Thor to just give Superman a bear hug, crush him, then summon a magic lightning bolt to slam right into the Man of Steel. Thor is not just relying on physicals here.

And Thor can also summon solar winds that carry him across galaxies so fast that they pass by in a blur.

#93 Edited by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@bouncyhippo said:

Post Crisis Superman tanked 15 supernovas. Punched someone so hard that he went into orbit at Mach 7. He can adjust his Laser EYes to cut out a piece of someone's brain or even all of it invisible to the naked eye. And he's psychic. Thor has come no where to those feats. Don't forget Pre-Crisis Superman sneezed away an entire solar system.

Loading Video...

you do realize that is a animated movie and that he didn't receive 15 supernovas that was electricity not Nuclear or Supernova energy and that's a fanboy video right? or u are just trying to troll the people.

No Caption Provided

#94 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Tom Breevort doesn't know what he's talking about.

And again, you say all of my scans are simply 'out of context' but if he's as fast as you claim then it's PIS, if it's not PIS, then he's not blitzing Thor. One or the other kid, don't make excuses.

And you know what I find typical of Superman fans? Bias and low-end feats for every character. That is all Superman fans have to defend their character half the time, using the worst, weakest feats of another character.

#95 Edited by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I don't need to counter it because Stan Lee stopped writing Thor for nearly 40 years now. The fact that you keep spouting this nonsense Thor is as fast as when Stan wrote him is beyond me. He's been consistently slow in more modern and current power levels under the pencil of several writers, yet you name the very first and oldest writer? I would tolerate your analogy if it was for someone like Thanos, who has kept his power level almost untouched, but people like Hulk, Thor and Beast, to mention a few, has been affected through the years to the point they operate completely different from their past representations. Hulk is stronger, Thor is a lot slower with fewer abilities and Beast is by far one of the weakest X-Men one could find nowadays whereas he was capable of fighting the Earth-616 Hyperion who fought Thor back in the day.

Look, i'll stop replying considering i know what to expect from now, it's always the same scans that have been debunked time and time again coupled with the futile intent of Thor's fans to overrate his feats and undersell consistency by neglecting facts while making petty accusations of apparent bias or lowball. Have a nice day, i think we're don here.

#96 Posted by Redatom1234 (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has a plethora of abilities in that hammer of his but no time to use them, we know he can fly pretty fast and can react to the hammer moving at questionable speeds but is he on the scale of superman as in carrying out that BFR In time? And last time I checked, god blast has to be charged up, besides, at some point he's gonna throw that hammer at someone with nanosecond reaction time and almost similar (or slightly stronger) durability. I'm gonna say superman wins until I see a way thor could actually put him down first before the reverse happens

#97 Posted by TifaLockhart (21107 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

What's so unique about this thread that it isn't locked?

#99 Edited by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Stan Lee hasnt written Thor in 40 years, Brevoort hasn't written Thor ever. It doesn't matter if you are tired of it or not, unless something is directly retconned statements like Brevoorts don't change what happened in comics.

Your point about people changing over time is good and just goes to show that things change, and what one guy said about Thor doesn't hold up to everything he has done over the years.

#100 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: When you said that, I pictured the tune of "I am the Walrus" but saying "I am the Mongoose" instead. And what speed feats does Lobo have?

@cgoodness:Sometimes you just need to refresh and start over in a thread that isn't a thousand pages deep.