Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

hey, welcome to the site Johnny

Superman is the 'bar' that all other heroes try to approach...

he is pretty much the original, so noone can say that DC created him as a copout...

marvel didn't start publishing in their latest incarnation until the mid 60's, by which time DC had been publishing Superman for 20 or 30 years...

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NiteFly

So is this a battle discussion, or what?

Mr. Poo Poo, I think you may want to keep an eye on this one.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Superman vs. The world eh? I vote the World. He's been stopped. Being that he's fighting everybody who exists in his respective Universe there're a few being that can defeat him. Martian, Doomsday, along with a few others

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

NiteFly says:

"So is this a battle discussion, or what?Mr. Poo Poo, I think you may want to keep an eye on this one."

Perhaps so.

Are there just heaps of threads on Superman vs some other dude or is it just me? All this Superman hype started some time ago, so yeah. Superman is an icon in the comics world, as much as some people hate that.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ms. Invisible says:

"NiteFly says:
"So is this a battle discussion, or what? Mr. Poo Poo, I think you may want to keep an eye on this one."
Perhaps so. Are there just heaps of threads on Superman vs some other dude or is it just me? All this Superman hype started some time ago, so yeah. Superman is an icon in the comics world, as much as *some* people hate that. "

I'm not being bias, just being honest. I won't deny I dislike Superman, however think about it, if he's fighting everybody on earth, he can't win. Batman beat him with a Kryptonite ring, but there's also Flash, Lantern, Wonder Woman...

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I'm not saying Superman would win against he would win, too, but what I thought was that johnny die was asking what he thought about not the powers of Superman against everyone else but in terms of history and what significance he exerts from himself.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Oh I thought Johnny just wanted to know if Superman can beat the world. I apologize. But yeah, I won't deny that he was the original hero and still stands as icon for justice.

ArchVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ArchVenom

I never was fond of superman I apoligize johnny I as a child wasn't able to even believe in something as far fetched as his indestructiblity. I was more fond of the heroes who were more human than Power . I remember when I was little I used to watch the justice league and whenever they shoiwed superman hurt it was only because of kryptonite...Now dont hate me for this but... HOW LAME a GREEN ROCK is the ONLY SUBSTANCE IN THE UNIVERSE THAT CAN HURT SUPERMAN ? thats just not cool sorry buddy I say World.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

ArchVenom says:

"I never was fond of superman I apoligize johnny I as a child wasn't able to even believe in something as far fetched as his indestructiblity. I was more fond of the heroes who were more human than Power . I remember when I was little I used to watch the justice league and whenever they shoiwed superman hurt it was only because of kryptonite...Now dont hate me for this but... HOW LAME a GREEN ROCK is the ONLY SUBSTANCE IN THE UNIVERSE THAT CAN HURT SUPERMAN ? thats just not cool sorry buddy I say World."

LMAO

ArchVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchVenom

XD what Im serious bro its messed up

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

But its so damn funny. I agree. I'm not a big Superman fan, but he does deserve some credit. Supes did start the industry of comics to an extent. So even though it pains me to admit this, he still deserves some form of respect.

ArchVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchVenom

He was one of the first though I actually think batman is older isnt he? He was around in the like 40s i think now I could be wrong. And yea some credit for him but I dont like him like at all lol

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Lol. Ditto. Superman is what opened up society to comics and without mr. red blue and yellow, there wouldn't be Spidey, X-Men or anything. Comics would be dead. I still hate him, but he deserves alot of credit.

ArchVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArchVenom

Not him himself but the premise and idea of something to look up to for justice during times of war in the world. THAT is what deserves credit not one entity but many. ^^

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Yeah but look at it this way, he was an idea that was redone and modified to fit the times over and over. (hense his powers and all our heroes). He opened the industry making room for our favorites.

ArchVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchVenom

XD I guess.

Avatar image for abdullahawadhie
abdullahawadhie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By abdullahawadhie

@ArchVenom said:

I never was fond of superman I apoligize johnny I as a child wasn't able to even believe in something as far fetched as his indestructiblity. I was more fond of the heroes who were more human than Power . I remember when I was little I used to watch the justice league and whenever they shoiwed superman hurt it was only because of kryptonite...Now dont hate me for this but... HOW LAME a GREEN ROCK is the ONLY SUBSTANCE IN THE UNIVERSE THAT CAN HURT SUPERMAN ? thats just not cool sorry buddy I say World.

I agree and get this that green rock is a shard from his home planet, also there is a variation that makes him homosexual for 24hrs