#301 Posted by Rajjar (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@costy21:

No chance in hell.

Regular doomsday doesn't have a sentient brain for MMH to fetishizingly mindraped to begin with. MMH wasn't a decently skilled brawler type anyway.

Sentient doomsday is TP super resistant (at the very least, but at the very most, he might be immune to it) FIRE breathing, physically stronger than Superman, and could survive a Kryptonian morals-off-to-the-death beating and Imperiex Prime level blasts, given he was already killed by those things already.

#302 Posted by ThanosPimphand (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of em can solo

Avatar image for jointhedarkseid
#303 Posted by JoinTheDarkseid (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean superman definitely loses 10/10 but saying WW, Barry, or GL solo is crazy

#304 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4504 posts) - - Show Bio
#305 Posted by Costy21 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperion_x: Why mind rape superman? He might be killed. Why phase him? Phasing means killing. Why would MMH want to kill superman

#306 Posted by Hyperion_X (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@costy21: If MM is vulnerable to fire Superman could kill him with heat vision. But if J'onn can't even harm enemies that Superman defeated then your claims are invalid. Preus, a Kryptonian escapee from Kandor whupped J'onn's ass too and with using his heat vision if i remember correctly. The only League member with the potential to beat Superman is Green Lantern. Not sure if he was ever in the main JL team but i think Captain Atom would whup Superman too

#307 Posted by Costy21 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperion_x: lmao, fanboy supreme. Tag every mod and you will see that I'm right

#308 Posted by Hyperion_X (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@costy21: Lol. Not being a "fanboy" at all...but i just don't see how J'onn can beat Superman when he's lost to other Kryptonians. And Kryptonians that Superman has beat

#309 Posted by Costy21 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
#310 Posted by Hyperion_X (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@costy21: Maybe the comic writers are just confused then cause i've heard a few people claim J'onn has beaten Superman but J'onn has proved useless against several of Superman's foes so it seems we're both right cause i don't think that your lying. I've seen comics where Deathstroke beat Green Lantern and Spiderman beat Firelord so obviously writers make goofs sometimes

#311 Posted by AbelHsu (3540 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies .

#312 Posted by sooperfly (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Vs

Wonderwoman

Martian manhunter

Batman

Flash(barry allen)

Green lantern

Hawkgirl

No prep time,Superman just disagrees with the league and it insures into a tussle.

Location:Desert,plenty of sunlight to give superman a quick boost.

Takes place after the story line search for kryptonite,Meaning batman doesn't have a source of Kryptonite on him personally.

hmm this seems like fun. I don't agree with it, but I'm going to play devil's advocate and say Superman wins

...let's play kids ;)

btw S.A Superman would solo but let's do pre-crisis

#313 Posted by GIBBSINATOR (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngthriller: ugh everyone who says league has brain deficiency, superman made the justice league and can break it just as easily. Nothing beats him and everyone who disagrees is purely stupid

#314 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

@gibbsinator: Mostly everyone here can beat him 1 on 1.

All together they stomp.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#315 Posted by christianrapper (5514 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't like every power house member including superman soloed the other members of the justice league at one time or another?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#316 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhh MMH solos Barry solos GL I'm assuming Hal if it's Kyle then he stomps and WW almost solo. A case could be made for Hal soloing but J say supes gets the majority. Altogether this is a legit mismatch.

#317 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: The JLA could DEFINITELY win---but this battle is NOT a mismatch. A serious Superman has solo'd the JLA before (and has solo'd numerous other teams of similar power-The Titans, The Fearsome Five, the Maximums (an alternate reality super team with Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Vision equivalents-Batman assisted a bit, but Supes did all the real work), Darkseid's Hordes (that included Kalibak, Mantis, Kanto, and loads of others) The Anti Kryptonian Squad (whose membership included Superman level foes Nuklon, Bizarro, and Mongul) and more.

Superman has resisted TP multiple times (against Braniac, Eclipso, Union, and J'onn THREE times-once while also fighting the JLA) and his heat vision could be harmful to the Martian; burst Lantern's constructs, pummeled Diana, grabbed Wally while he was blitzing Kal, etc.

And against a horde of Imperiex Probes that proved impervious to near Superman level multiple Daxamites (who couldn't even DENT them) and even for a good long while Darksied's Omega Beams, a not holding back Superman was tearing them apart SWIFTLY with his bare hands.

I repeat again---the JLA is ABSOLUTELY capable of beating Superman---but it won't be easy.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#318 Posted by TheMultiversity (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

League stomps.

#319 Posted by AbelHsu (3540 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman gets superstomped. This is unfair, should be locked.

Avatar image for natsudragneel41
#320 Posted by NatsuDragneel41 (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#321 Posted by AbelHsu (3540 posts) - - Show Bio
#322 Posted by AbelHsu (3540 posts) - - Show Bio
#323 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@natsudragneel41: Despite Superman already having solo'd the JLA, plus several other super teams I mentioned in post 317, that user claims Superman would just get run over anyway.

SMH.

#324 Posted by Amendment50 (12667 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Superman can't put up a fight but realistically MMH can probably just drop him with TP. In a fair fight Clark gets stomped.

#325 Edited by Sadman (14 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

Avatar image for christianrapper
#326 Edited by christianrapper (5514 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Superman can't put up a fight but realistically MMH can probably just drop him with TP. In a fair fight Clark gets stomped.

that can only happen when mm is trying to solo the league. when superman is doing it, he will somehow remember that he can resist telepaths.

#327 Posted by Amendment50 (12667 posts) - - Show Bio
#328 Posted by P00TY (4805 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Superman can defeat the JLA is if he's blood lusted and they are SEVERELY holding back.

Just because it happened in comics doesn't mean it happens that way here. Ignore pis, plot and showings that go against the norm.

If everyone has the same morals....WW,MM, GL, Flash COMBINED make short work of Supes.

#329 Edited by nervmeister (468 posts) - - Show Bio

With jobbing and writer favoritism turned off?

The League most likely. 2 of them have enchanted weaponry. One is way faster than Supes (tempted to call him the MVP in this match). One keeps Kryptonite on his person for just such an occasion. And one has some of the best telepathy feats in DC. Combined, all those options used at once would overwhelm him.

#330 Posted by Delta16807 (481 posts) - - Show Bio

If you add MM, the guy who can be DEBATED to take this solo, even if you are one of the minority who disagree - the league should now easily take this. At best he is so distracted dealing with MM, that the others easily overpower superman.

This is fairly lopsided against superman. Quite so.

#331 Posted by katrurius17 (871 posts) - - Show Bio

Legue wins. Superman is holding back against 6 other people 3 of which are on or close to his level (Wonder Woman,Martian Manhunter and Green lantern i'd say Batman but no Krptonite means no point in Batman being there.)

#332 Posted by Kal-ElKavetsky (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, He wins

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
#333 Posted by midnightdragon18 (9593 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone except Batman can Honestly solo

Barry solos 10/10

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#334 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

The League

#335 Posted by BladeOfFury (2720 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#336 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH solos, Barry could give him a good fight, GL solos if it's Kyle, Winder Woman gives him a good fight, this is a mismatch

#337 Posted by JasonBourne_ (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is my guy but even I know he gets defeated here. MMH is no joke when not jobbing.

Bloodlusted no morals crazy Superman is a completely different story though.

#338 Edited by Kal-ElKavetsky (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: MM has the weakness of fire, superman would destroy WW, the Flash would be overpowered, Batman, let's face it with no prep/kryptonite is useless, GL would not be able to stand against Superman, Cyborg would do nothing, Aquaman ain't much of a threat. Pre-52/rebirth Superman is partly resistant to telepathy, if new-52 he would still win.

#339 Posted by speedforceking (51 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn can take Superman himself, Barry and GL can give him a good fight an even potentially beat him solo as well. All of them together and Superman has no chance here at all.

#340 Posted by Kal-ElKavetsky (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#341 Posted by speedforceking (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal-elkavetsky: Are you asking how J'onn takes Clark on his own?

I feel like the whole team taking Superman dow should be pretty obvious/ self explanatory...

#342 Posted by Kal-ElKavetsky (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedforceking: yes, and Superman would defeat the JL, my reasoning is above

#343 Posted by Spambot (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal-elkavetsky: I think nearly everyone else on cv would disagree with your reasoning. Even if you think he can beat all of those characters one on one he wouldn't come close to taking them all at the same time and most everyone would also say that he wouldn't be able to resist tp from mmh.

#344 Posted by willpayton (20133 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH will just put him down quickly with TP to avoid too much trouble. The rest arent even needed and can go out for sandwiches.

#345 Edited by Kal-ElKavetsky (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: in pre 52 mm taught him to resist telepathy

#346 Posted by speedforceking (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal-elkavetsky: I mean their are a lot of pages of this thread so I'm not going to go back and dig for your argument, however I'd be more than happy to lay down my argument/ reasonings for J'onn soloing Superman.

For starters The Martian Manhunter has taken on the entire Justice League (including Superman) on multiple occasions, Pre and Post New-52.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

In the Pre Flashpoint Justice League of America and Post Flashpoint Justice League #8 Martian Manhunter handles Superman and other JLA heavy hitters such as Orion, Wonder Woman, etc. all at once. (With only his physical strength and shapeshifting mind you).

Martian Manhunter also regularly dispatches near equals to Superman.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

1) Martian Manhunter takes out one of the most powerful versions of Black Adam we have ever seen during WW3. Black Adam is generally seen as a near equal to Superman physically. 2) Martian Manhunter blitzes and one-shots numerous White Martians.

Just for reference lone White Martians have show numerous times to be able to give the entire league trouble.

No Caption Provided

Should be pretty clear J'onn is at the very least on par with Superman in just sheer physical power. However this isn't even taking into account the Martian's more lethal powers of passing and telepathy.

Phasing.

Martian Manhunter's phasing has been used to easily take out Ultra-Man... The alternate version of Superman...

No Caption Provided

And probably most relevant, Telepathy.

I see no reason why J'onn can't just use his telepathy to instantly incapacitate Superman. And before you pull the, Superman has telepathic resistance card, J'onn has already casually mind wiped Superman (and the entire JLA) in Justice League of America #58.

No Caption Provided

So ya, overall Martian Manhunter has just as much raw power and has two perfectly feasible automatic wins in Telepathy and Phasing... And of course if need be Flash and GL can jump in and make this battle a complete stomp.

#347 Posted by Spambot (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal-elkavetsky: If Michael Jordan taught me how to play defense it doesn't mean I would beat him one on one.

#348 Edited by AbstractRaze (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the time-skip, in this matchup, it's mentioned that Batman doesn't possess knowledge about Kryptonite, this probably means that we're at the beginnings of the Justice League and at this time point, Superman was the strongest at the hand of Wonder Woman in the second place, at this point the Justice League was inexperienced, The Flash had no idea about the Speedforce, he was greatly physically weaker but fast like Superman, we have Batman and Wonder Woman's tactician potential combined, the speed of the Flash and additionally the Green Lantern whit a great utility power.

Superman loses with mid difficulties considering Superman's stamina, but he won't be able to even do something, it's just, it would take some time till he is unconscious or dead.

#349 Posted by Thedailybagel (11430 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in a comic Clark could but up some degree of a fight, realistically he gets stomped and multiple members of the league could solo.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#350 Posted by termiteone4ever (11976 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is powerful but not that powerful