Superman vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@mtl76: So you got nothing. No proof, no official statement or even a single scan. Please feel free to post some when you get it and tag me. Whichever alt you come back on.

There was no mention of an alt timeline. We dont even see the far reaching consequences of his actions. But please do educate me how mildly altering the F4's origin would have any bearing on Surfer's power level?

Like I said, the day you get incontrovertible evidence to validate your claims, feel free to tag me. Till then, assumptions mean nothing.

If it still isnt clear, at no point I said these feats are usable. I was just posting those feats for the lulz.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mrtrey said:

It's not often accepted but over the years Superman has been shown to resist just about all of Surfer's hax abilities, and is physically superior, particularly in his speed. However, unlike Marvel's high tiers like Thor or Thanos whom I generally think would lose to DC's high tiers (mostly due to their great speed), the Silver Surfer can just keep going due to his regeneration and would eventually be able to overcome Superman's resistance and win.

Thanos losing to DC high tiers is a huge joke

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#103  Edited By Supermanthor

@20damon: And thanos being a high tier is a bigger joke

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd2c3e4a67a7
deactivated-5cd2c3e4a67a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Right, and this is you posting it for comedy, huh? I guess Surfer is more powerful than Thanos or Galactus based on a gag comic. Wonderful.

It doesn't need to be spelled out, any meddling in past creates an alternate timeline in marvel universe.

Right, I need to post proof that a gag comic is a gag comic and altering past creates a new alternate timeline. Thank you sherlock.

Uh-huh and all this arguing is for lulz too? Your sense of humour must be non existent.

Anyway, as much fun as this nonsense is, I gotta stop it. Wouldn't want to ruin your lulz, eh?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: hey just a question does silver sufer ever stopped time other than the scan you posted ?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtl76: I am still not seeing that proof.

And lol at feats being non-canon because they are outliers. From you of all people.

Good day.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: No, I dont think so. He fought against some sort of time dilation in a Rune crossover, but I am not sure if thats canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd506f3299da
deactivated-5cd506f3299da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey: LOL, Gree already got banned man and he is currently on another alt arguing with Bruce and if Bruce ever decides you flag him that account is gone too, it's all the same Motifian guy who got actually booted off KMC because he was wanking Superman and DC.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey: Yea i know a lot of trolls too.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey: Yes, Motifian is using his username, it might possibly be that Motifian is the same guy as them on that other forum. In which case i can already see what the state of those forums would be like.

90% of "JL members are multiversal" lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd2c3e4a67a7
deactivated-5cd2c3e4a67a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0: And how many times have you been banned Virtuzoo?

Brittonic_para

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: what proof are you looking for? Perhaps i can help.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think it’s quite a stomp, but Surfer still wins. He has way too much versatility and raw power to lose to Superman

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By brucerogers

@brittonic_para: Well the user I spoke with argued that Surfer's feats from Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History are non canon. I demanded proof for that because that I'm pretty sure they are canon.

Brittonic_para

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it has already come up as an unanswered topic in the thread, here are 2 examples of surfer having planetary strength.

1. Breaks from a planet formed around him by Korvac:

No Caption Provided

2. Destroys the planet he is fighting morg on with a headbut indirectly:

No Caption Provided

Time travel for surfer has also come up, so here is some stuff on that. Here he strands somone in the future:

No Caption Provided

Goes to the future again:

No Caption Provided

Again, taking nova through time:

No Caption Provided

His ability to perceive time to use this ability is also great, here he "peels back the layers of time.":

No Caption Provided

Here is him explain how he can see time, in 2 different occasions:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If any more scans of his other abilities are needed, you need only ask.

Brittonic_para

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Brittonic_para

@brucerogers: i am not sure about the squirl girl comic, but it depends for cosmic ghost rider. For CGR, everything that happened within the comic after odin sent him from Valhalla i beleive is in 616, or whatever the universe is called post secret wars.. Everything before, such as his battles with the annihilation wave, the surfer with mjolnir, etc, was in a different universe. I am not sure about the prevalence of silver surfer after Cosmic riders first comics about baby thanos, but if they took place before, they are alt universe. If after, they are canon (for surfer, obviously. Feats and storylines for cosmic ghost rider are canon for his character in both).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Silver Surfer Mid Diff!

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gree1 said:

@omnipotent94: Superman 19 mxy created an infinite multiverse and asked Superman to reach Jon who was at the center of it. It was designed to drain Superman's energy and memories.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/7XOvjffvJJ9-qWH-FACZBxHcDJcV2SO2z_m4Hj7n83xYY9IhKx-oVdSuEG8RtKShsZIwvDCM1YxpslcltxwoDNLFKV57lGSVM_ECH9kJJLwHi3HxyAlFbpdLu7gVhul7QBOx3Q=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q5qIl7-kkTrwQdIZ7P2jXFsiRekoAcWVhJ1c1Puomoo2LT3vxnqisL3vM1gJYMKZeUWR9Bsfjvr5LsxTFiSYs6bPOj32tfvyW1te1VyPPd62NLBIX-SXmr7-RQO6sDm2PKSXQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/hGaTAw6lg5gcYLZOTa0VwAfeUMk2qguBdS3Xmq3xN_DRNuhIbZcckpD0Cp1BTGC72X5txgBlHJfEvlxRXqIpOe1OEiOGw3lB3dLcEqUE0DWJe5ijDBjIYFTja6AI28LVXXQk3A=s1600

At the end, even Mxy was surprised how Superman remained standing.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/KUDXgcuQoYmATMQWY4e3D1Ju7iz-pzv--lAlMwXrmZ0frmWb-wWap7DcKyrdF_9P4XyjTmYPmDbWi80SOFwwI3oIRutgH-_ekCfZAncRpP7A68BVCJ80CM3oF4LruuH8sQYxGQ=s1600

And it was infinite, every door leading to a different universe.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/TNGuxb8UtOOWcAIoc9mUbc74VfUYgMv5oY_39QDtitOCiol9tuWd8QVJtZqDB54_Yu06fj2fZge7fW0YNH6ibb9ATecLtE577pPxBiZjWteD0WhZCdlqEOX3QEG0Gnn8z6goPQ=s1600

No, it wasn't infinite, it was the size of a tall building (Daily Planet) and it only contained the doors leading to those Universes, not the universes themselves.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TonyStark6999

@xlr87t3 said:
@aqualion0 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Tbf, when you take consistency into account which you should, Superman is faster than Surfer in combat especially with the New 52 and Rebirth feats, Clark's a champion at blitzing people right off the bat. However, the reason as to why Norrin stomps is 'cause of his superior versatility and equal, if not better physicality and keep in mind that powerhouses such as the likes of Thor have managed to physically compete with him before without getting utterly humiliated which means Superman can definitely hold his ground against Surfer in that regard but he will eventually go down due to the aforementioned reason.

Only when Starlin was writing or Surfer was obviously holding back.

Thor has always been above Silver Surfer. The comic doesn't lie, Surfer needs amps to defeat Thor, without it Thor beats him down like always.

Surfer never used his hax against Thor. Everytime they either fight with Energy projection or physically. Surfer can defeat Thor, if he uses his hax wisely.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@aqualion0 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Tbf, when you take consistency into account which you should, Superman is faster than Surfer in combat especially with the New 52 and Rebirth feats, Clark's a champion at blitzing people right off the bat. However, the reason as to why Norrin stomps is 'cause of his superior versatility and equal, if not better physicality and keep in mind that powerhouses such as the likes of Thor have managed to physically compete with him before without getting utterly humiliated which means Superman can definitely hold his ground against Surfer in that regard but he will eventually go down due to the aforementioned reason.

Thor has always been above Silver Surfer. The comic doesn't lie, Surfer needs amps to defeat Thor, without it Thor beats him down like always.

Surfer never used his hax against Thor. Everytime they either fight with Energy projection or physically. Surfer can defeat Thor, if he uses his hax wisely.

Surfer only uses hax when it can actually work. Thor and Thanos has resistances, immunities, or counters to all of SS' hax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer opens a black hole inside Supermans brain.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surfer

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer, and wow wtf with that absurd feat from squirrel girl #29.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@aqualion0 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Surfer only uses hax when it can actually work. Thor and Thanos has resistances, immunities, or counters to all of SS' hax.

No, Does Thor have resistance to Electron Level Matter manipulation? Can Thor survive after getting his brain phased/removed out of his body?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@aqualion0 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

No, Does Thor have resistance to Electron Level Matter manipulation? Can Thor survive after getting his brain phased/removed out of his body?

Show Surfer doing that in combat, and show Surfer doing it to someone as durable as Thor

Subzeroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Surfer can do this so casually to Jack of Hearts

No Caption Provided

He could do it to either Thor or Superman so i really don't see the arguments here. I mention this because Jack of Hearts is someone around Thors level.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@aqualion0 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Show Surfer doing that in combat, and show Surfer doing it to someone as durable as Thor

Surfer can manipulate Atoms, so manipulating electrons (which are inside of an atom) isn't a problem. Also, he can shrink down to Sub Atomic level and still fly and use his energy there. What Thor's organs and resistance to phasing, have to with his overall durability? Malekith was able to transmute Thor's liver, I don't know what's stopping Surfer from doing that, especially when he is a better manipulator. Anyways, Thor's durability has nothing to do with his organs getting phased.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@subzeroo said:

No Caption Provided

He could do it to either Thor or Superman so i really don't see the arguments here. I mention this because Jack of Hearts is someone around Thors level.

I was about to post this feat. Surfer can do so many things to f%#k Superman up it's not even funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 takenstew22  Moderator

And once again, Surfer's energy absorption will be too much for Supes to handle.

He's one of the worst characters to put Superman up against.

SleekSlasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22said:

@subzeroo said:

No Caption Provided

I was about to post this feat. Surfer can do so many things to f%#k Superman up it's not even funny.

And once again, Surfer's energy absorption will be too much for Supes to handle.

He's one of the worst characters to put Superman up against.

Surfer is powerful man. And can beat many people. But, I think it's not sure he matter manipolate (spell?) or absorb Superman energy.

*In Superman issue 66 vol 1 many rays that change matter to molecules instantly was shooting at cities around world. Didn't change Superman who block them. At one point, Superman block six all at same time

*Villain use molecular disrupter to manipolate hole in Superman, Superman slap him afterwards

*Darkseid fine tune his Omega Effect to Superman form to destroy him on molecular level, Superman scream, then punch Darkseid and say Krptonite worse

*Mystic being absorbed power of Elder Gods, change whole world into primitive timess, then transmute Kyle lantern, Wonder Woman and angel Azrael (two magic beings), J'onn, all of JLA, but Superman tank his power and beat him.

If Superman resist matter manipolate both cosmic and magical, he have good chance to resist Surfer. Superman has nanosecond, fraction of a nanosecond, attosecond, and I even see in another thread he have picosecond combat feat. Faster than Surfer, so he strike him before Surfer can attack, most likely. Supes strong enough to KO Surfer

In Final Night story, sun eater so mighty it destroyed thousands of worlds devouring all energy was its main power and it drain so many poerful heroes like Firestorm, Alan Stewart lantern, Cosmic Boy, The Ray, Kyle Rayner lantern and more at same time, but Superman resist enough to still want to fight. Eventually sun eater would have beat Superman because it took cosmic psycho Parallax to beat it. Point is it more powerful drainer than Surfer, and Superman withstand it so he can resist less poerful Surfer.

*Parasite one of best energy drainers in comics. He drain people like Firestorm, Firehawk, Rampage, Starman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and many more immediately. In Action Comics annual 11 he seen draining other Kryponinans right away, killing some in mid flight when their durability and fly power is absorbed by him, but he says it take him two days or so to drain Superman. I guess that why he not ever able to quite defeat Supes.

*Bad guys name Hollow Men drain heroes of their powers so complete they lose imagination and soul and turn black and white like a x-ray. Superman think about his love for Lois and resist them, they blow up and power went back to heroes and restore them. Heroes included Elongated Man, Major Victory, and The Ray.

And while Surfer is excellent absorber hero, he been absorbed as well many times. Include: By Dr. Frankenstein. By Iron Man. By Motherboard. By Dr Doom. By The Stranger. By aliens of Dynamo City. Last two important because they drain starlight from Surfer, and Surfer was instant depowered. Superman can drain starlight (solar energy) it makes him stronger. Many examples like when Hal Jordan lantern's arch enemy Evil Star, who is powered by Starlight only made Supes stronger when he attack him because Superman absorb his power. So when Surfer blast Supes, he make him stronger too. When he try to absorb Supes, it's possible Supes absorb him first because of better combat speed, or absorb it back like Supes absorb it back from Rampage. So I think it subject to debate who absorb who.

Conclusion is, Surfer might legit beat Superman, but Superman legit resist Surfer type powers before, so has legit chance to KO Silver Surfer.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman loses to Surfer like always

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screewattack Superman would one shot him

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is faster? Silver Surfer? How?!

I think Superman wins.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wankerman vs Wanklver Wankfer. Going with Norrin

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So one can argue Superman is faster. But even with that one single arguable advantage, how exactly is he winning?

He's not strong enough to seriously harm Norrin, he's not durable enough to endure casual planet+ busting attacks, and he has no counters to the sheer amount of versatility Surfer has at his disposal.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

So one can argue Superman is faster. But even with that one single arguable advantage, how exactly is he winning?

He's not strong enough to seriously harm Norrin, he's not durable enough to endure casual planet+ busting attacks, and he has no counters to the sheer amount of versatility Surfer has at his disposal.

CV thinks every single battle is about speed. You could have every single advantage except for speed and people would still say the other, inferior character wins. It's sad really.