• 97 results
Edited 3 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Superman vs Martianmanhunter(who do you like more?) (64 votes)

superman 48%
martian manhunter 52%

the hero, or the hero who wins who loses you decide

BEGIN

Avatar image for breakingthrones
#51 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones:

"Martian Manhunter has bled from a punch from Batman, Superman punched him if FTL speeds, it would be devastating."

I have the impression That You Were not kidding.

In addition, Superman punched Batman's chin. It was to have broken. And I like to see where it is said that he was with armor, please bring me scans. Could I bring more scans where Superman spends shame.

However this is not necessary. Anyway, have a nice day, sir.

If you look at my post after that it shows that I was kidding. Especially seeing as MM has taken hits from Superboy prime before.

You posted half of the scan, this is the full extract:

No Caption Provided

The scan shows superman hitting him with his heat vision and then it is implied that he punches him, we then don't see what happens to Batman but he looks beaten and bloodied. I'm sorry but are you being serious? Of course the Bat suit is armoured it's part of the design to protect him from bullets and other damage. If that was Bruce Wayne without the armour he would be dead.

Do you actually know anything about Batman?

Bat-Suit

The Bat-Suit is an experimental military body armor that is too expensive for the military to produce. Various bat-suit designs have appeared over the years, but all maintain the fact that Bruce's suit is tear resistant, bulletproof, and immune to temperature extremes(it will not melt if in contact with fire, etc.). The suit is shock absorbent and acid resistant. It is made to rebound punches and kicks. When he is unable to defend himself, his mask emits knock out gas and electrical shocks to attackers who are attempting to remove any part of his gear. The Bat-Suit has shown that it has an outer layer that can be shed when trapped, and it also masks any DNA on his suit. However, despite all this protection, the suit has shown vulnerabilities to sharp objects, like knives, and Batman has sometimes decreased the amount of armor in the suit to increase mobility. In the past, Batman wore a bright yellow chest plate with a bat-symbol on it, to distract enemies from targeting his face and instead focusing on the plate which is reinforced with kevlar, giving Batman extra protection.

He nearly killed Batman effortlessly - explain how that has shamed superman at all?

Please indulge me and show me scans of him getting injured that are actually legit and not simply him beating up Batman and then you trying to mock it which is just silly. And then I can reply showing you scans of MM bleeding from things like a mere punch from Batman so that you can make some completely hilariously ill founded comparison ironically criticising my logic.

No it's not necessary for me to humiliate your argument further, I'll leave you to continue to do that all by yourself.

But yeah no hard feelings, have a good day.

#52 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones: HAHAHA, I know about Batman. I thought You Were Referring to that he was with a different costume than usual.

So, the chin of Batman Also is protected by uniform? I did not know this. I swore it was the skin of Bruce. I did not know that it can withstand blows of an angry Superman. But can be torn by sharp objects. Or even stand the heat vision at most that is hotter than the sun's core.

HAHA, thank you sir.

#53 Posted by TheGrayGhost (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

^ noobs

Also , in before someone posts scans of Catwoman licking Batmans bullet proof chin that one time

#54 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: HAHAHA, I know about Batman. I thought You Were Referring to that he was with a different costume than usual.

So, the chin of Batman Also is protected by uniform? I did not know this. I swore it was the skin of Bruce. I did not know that it can withstand blows of an angry Superman. But can be torn by sharp objects. Or even stand the heat vision at most that is hotter than the sun's core.

HAHA, thank you sir.

No, clearly not. I was referring to the fact that his usual Batsuit is armoured - which you seemed to have forgotten.

First of all he used heat vision which was a direct blast to his armour - which protected Batman. Secondly it's quite likely that when superman punched him it covered a wider surface area than just his chin and so the armour absorbed some of the force. Thirdly Batman looks very seriously injured and you yourself stated that his chin was broken.

It is designed to protect him against bullets and blunt force trauma - if you actually read what I posted last time it states that it has a vulnerability to sharp objects such as knives but it would have protected him greatly against superman. Yes the armour would have protected him a lot from the heat vision. It's believable that a blast of heat vision lasting only a second or so wouldn't kill batman inside his Batsuit.

Writing "HAHA" doesn't really help your argument at all.

#55 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

^ noobs

Also , in before someone posts scans of Catwoman licking Batmans bullet proof chin that one time

It's the quality of the posts that counts not the quantity.

Close enough:

No Caption Provided

#56 Posted by the_stegman (40310 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all of the Leaguers more than MMH.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#57 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9226 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter phased through Superboy Prime's heat vision without any trouble.

;

#58 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones: Not broke Batman's chin.

Anyway I've had enough of that, I respect his analysis. But I disagree.

#59 Edited by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter phased through Superboy Prime's heat vision without any trouble.

;

I know, I think I mentioned that earlier.

#60 Edited by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: Not broke Batman's chin.

Anyway I've had enough of that, I respect his analysis. But I disagree.

Either way Batman was out of it.

Fair enough.

#61 Edited by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones: Returning here. I was looking at my magazines. When Batman bled MMH? Could present the scan? Please.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#62 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, considering how Superman is one of my least favorite DC heroes...

#63 Edited by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not Batman. And this is not canon. I Knew You Were laymen. But not to that extent. All this was a waste of time.

Anyway ... havê a nice day

No Caption Provided
#65 Posted by bobthened (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarpowered said:

I like Superman more, but Martian Manhunter would take a majority in a fight. (Depending on the morals, actually)

Also...

@tifalockhart said:

Not a battle.

Not necessarily, if MM phases, superman's heat vision works on a molecular level and could fry him when he phases - combine that with his weakness to fire and you have a toasted MM.

Also how does MM's speed compare to FTL combat speeds.

Heat vision is NOT fire

#66 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

This is not Batman. And this is not canon. I Knew You Were laymen. But not to that extent. All this was a waste of time.

Anyway ... havê a nice day

No Caption Provided

Are you an idiot? I have said several times that I was joking, comparing this to squirrel girl and Thanos. You seriously need to learn to read people's posts.

#67 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@solarpowered said:

I like Superman more, but Martian Manhunter would take a majority in a fight. (Depending on the morals, actually)

Also...

@tifalockhart said:

Not a battle.

Not necessarily, if MM phases, superman's heat vision works on a molecular level and could fry him when he phases - combine that with his weakness to fire and you have a toasted MM.

Heat vision is NOT fire

I never said it was fire, it is much, much hotter.

It can produce fire if it comes into contact with something though.

In the injustice comics superman uses heat vision to burn MM out of wonder woman. Yes it is an alternate reality but you get my point.

#68 Posted by bobthened (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobthened said:
@breakingthrones said:
@solarpowered said:

Also...

@tifalockhart said:

Not a battle.

Heat vision is NOT fire

In the injustice comics superman uses heat vision to burn MM out of wonder woman. Yes it is an alternate reality but you get my point.

My point is that MM is weak to specifically fire, not just heat.

He has never set anyone on fire using it.

Injustice is not canon, as you said, and that didn't even kill him anyway.

#69 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: Warning language. Layperson.

Oh wow good comeback, I bet you had to look that up in the dictionary.

When you resort to insults you can expect retaliation, especially when you have no idea what you are on about.

#71 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones: You're funny. Their level is still very low. Keep reading comic books (I have the impression that reads very little).

#72 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: You're funny. Their level is still very low. Keep reading comic books (I have the impression that reads very little).

Nothing that you are writing makes any sense.

#74 Edited by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones: Do not be so hard. Nothing that you wrote all the time make sense.

#75 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@bobthened said:
@breakingthrones said:
@solarpowered said:

Also...

@tifalockhart said:

Not a battle.

Heat vision is NOT fire

My point is that MM is weak to specifically fire, not just heat.

He has never set anyone on fire using it.

Injustice is not canon, as you said, and that didn't even kill him anyway.

His heat vision acts like fire, incinerating things, it can also cause fires.

These are a few instances where his heat vision has caused fires:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Generally it won't set people on fire because it is simply too destructive, it also works on a molecular level. Most of the time it would completely incinerate or vaporise people, such as:

No Caption Provided

It also has a massive area of effect when he isn't holding back:

No Caption Provided

This is why MM needs to become completely intangible to avoid it. The fire thing is a psychological weakness, so if superman is causing mass amounts of damage with his heat vision over a large area and causing lots of fires, MM will have to turn off his telepathy to remove his fear.

Of course it could be argued that if he telepathically controls superman then he won't need to turn it off because superman won't be able to use his heat vision etc.. Which is why in my opinion this fight is going to be a case of who can strike first and hardest, so to speak.

This battle below:

No Caption Provided

technically isn't cannon as it is an alternate timeline. Whilst I would argue that is is representative of what could happen, we'll exclude it from the argument, it was simply a means of demonstrating my point.

I believe that if superman shot martian manhunter with his heat vision it would act like fire and it would cause damage beyond simple fire. I'm sure MM could regenerate from it but it would be the psychological aspect rather than a physical one.

However as we have pointed out previously, MM would likely phase through it, even though superman's heat vision has hit phasers, it liekly wouldn't work on Martian manhunter. But it might still effect him psychologically from the surrounding destructive fires.

#76 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: Do not be so hard. Nothing that you wrote all the time make sense.

The truth hurts. Of course it doesn't make sense, to you.

#77 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:

THIS IS NOT A BATTLE, martian manhunter would win, this is about who you like more, and no batman didn't physically shame him, he mentally shames superman, the beginning of infinite crisis, case and point

#78 Edited by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

THIS IS NOT A BATTLE, martian manhunter would win, this is about who you like more, and no batman didn't physically shame him, he mentally shames superman, the beginning of infinite crisis, case and point

Sorry friend.

#80 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Tell that to everyone else who is treating it like a battle, I voted based on who I like more anyway.

Read the previous posts, it was a joke.

If you don't want it to be a battle don't turn it into one by luring me into replying to points like superman being mentally shamed.

Do I really have to start spouting actual instances where martian manhunter gets humiliated.

As it is, you don't want it to be a battle, I won't post anything more on that matter so long as no one else does.

The batman point was a joke, which I made clear several times.

#81 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Edited by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbroskywalker said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Tell that to everyone else who is treating it like a battle, I voted based on who I like more anyway.

If you don't want it to be a battle don't turn it into one by luring me into replying to points like superman being mentally shamed.

Do I really have to start spouting actual instances where martian manhunter gets humiliated.

As it is, you don't want it to be a battle, I won't post anything more on that matter so long as no one else does.

i never said batman can't shame or humiliate mmh, batman simply is good at making superman ashamed of what he's done

#84 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

i never said batman can't shame or humiliate mmh, batman simply is good at making superman ashamed of what he's done

Agreed

#85 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

@breakingthrones: For me? only crazy to agree with your points.

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

Of course you do, you're not capable of generating your own arguments.

Stop trolling. You're so weak. You don't even know the difference between Batman and Midnighter.

Their arguments are shameful. You is literally a waste of time.

Please, do not re-mark me. Or I will contact the mods.

#87 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

Stop trolling. You're so weak. You don't even know the difference between Batman and Midnighter.

Report me to the mods so that they can see all the off topic insults you have been throwing around.

It's clear I've hit a nerve, the fact that you are resorting to just insulting me is hilarious. All it means is that you aren't capable of generating your own argument. Every single point you have made has been categorically flawed and a waste of time.

Please enlighten me how making a joke about batman making MM bleed and comparing it to squirrel girl and Thanos is in anyway weak?

The fact it wasn't Batman would matter if I was being serious.

I have every right to tag you in a comment when you throw random insults at me and tag me in that comment.

If you think you have accomplished anything other than make yourself look like a fool who is incapable of generating your own argument and thus has to resort to insults, then you are completely mistaken. All you have done is prove me right

#88 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

Report me to the mods so that they can see all the off topic insults you have been throwing around.

It's clear I've hit a nerve, the fact that you are resorting to just insulting me is hilarious. All it means is that you aren't capable of generating your own argument. Every single point you have made has been categorically flawed and a waste of time.

Please enlighten me how making a joke about batman making MM bleed and comparing it to squirrel girl and Thanos is in anyway weak?

I have every right to tag you in a comment when you throw random insults at me and tag me in that comment.

If you think you have accomplished anything other than make yourself look like a fool who is incapable of generating your own argument and thus has to resort to insults, then you are completely mistaken. All you have done is prove me right

bla bla bla.
Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

#89 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

bla bla bla.

Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

You are hilarious.

Every single time you post something, it just makes you look even worse. You have to copy what I say because you don't have any clue what you are on about.

#90 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

bla bla bla.

Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

You are hilarious.

Every single time you post something, it just makes you look even worse. You have to copy what I say because you don't have any clue what you are on about.

Okay. Now, stop crying.

#91 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

bla bla bla.

Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

You are hilarious.

Okay. Now, stop crying.

Every time you post it makes even less sense than the last one. I hope anyone reading them gets a much of a laugh out of them as I do!

#92 Posted by CalvinRod (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

bla bla bla.

Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

You are hilarious.

Okay. Now, stop crying.

Every time you post it makes even less sense than the last one. I hope anyone reading them gets a much of a laugh out of them as I do!

Okay.

#93 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:
@breakingthrones said:
@calvinr said:

Keep dreaming mate.

I say the same.

bla bla bla.

Ok.

Keep dreaming mate.

You are hilarious.

Okay. Now, stop crying.

Okay.

Haha, Ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-59953d77c6a44
#94 Edited by deactivated-59953d77c6a44 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

plot induced stupidity and writers will always prevail

which is why i stopped doing battles

I like Superman as a character more but Martian has cooler powers.

#95 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

damn it I voted for superman thinking about personality but if it is power-set I have to choose MM. I find them both boring to be honest. New 52 MM seems to have more teeth though so we will see

iys not a battle, i put it in the wrong forum

#97 Edited by Brad_Dad (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman by a nose.

Martian Manhunter is an absolute abomination of desperate 1950s comic book crisis cross-marketing: a science-fiction-alien-police-detective-superhero with every super-power under the Sun and none of the recognition of Superman. The character's a product of the fecund era that spawned the Silver Age, not really a progenitor of it but a historical landmark for it. I can't describe how interesting that character is to me, a bit of embarrassing ephemera that survived, and even thrived in its own way.

Superman, on the other hand, has those wonderful Golden Age stories before he ever met what later became known as a "super-villain", where he's just going around kicking people's asses for being crooked, and the equivalents in the early Martian Manhunter stories are, without a doubt, a pale and knowing attempt to replicate these stories, and they're quite bad. Those old Superman stories invented the entire sub-genre of superheroes, if anything can be said to have done it, and eventually "he's a superhero" is where Martian Manhunter ended up permanently. So, it's got to be Superman. Good question, though.

#98 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@brad_dad said:

Superman by a nose.

Martian Manhunter is an absolute abomination of desperate 1950s comic book crisis cross-marketing: a science-fiction-alien-police-detective-superhero with every super-power under the Sun and none of the recognition of Superman. The character's a product of the fecund era that spawned the Silver Age, not really a progenitor of it but a historical landmark for it. I can't describe how interesting that character is to me, a bit of embarrassing ephemera that survived, and even thrived in its own way.

Superman, on the other hand, has those wonderful Golden Age stories before he ever met what later became known as a "super-villain", where he's just going around kicking people's asses for being crooked, and the equivalents in the early Martian Manhunter stories are, without a doubt, a pale and knowing attempt to replicate these stories, and they're quite bad. Those old Superman stories invented the entire sub-genre of superheroes, if anything can be said to have done it, and eventually "he's a superhero" is where Martian Manhunter ended up permanently. So, it's got to be Superman. Good question, though.

i'm not sure if i got all of it but you're saying that you like superman better as his golden age stories were better than martian manhunter's, out of curiousity if you had to choose the post crisis and pre 52 versions of them, who would you go with

#99 Posted by Brad_Dad (59 posts) - - Show Bio

out of curiousity if you had to choose the post crisis and pre 52 versions of them, who would you go with

That would be tough. I feel like by the end of that era, they were often at a loss what to do with either of those characters and kept trying to reinvent their abilities and private lives with mixed success. As counterpoint, there's the late-'80s Giffen/DeMatteis JLI comics for Martian Manhunter, not my cup of tea but good comics, and a lot of solid limited series with Superman, but my dipstick for those years for DC characters is the 2000s-era Porter/Morrison JLA. Superman is used well there, despite the constant changes thrown at Morrison and Porter by events in Superman's own separate book, and sometimes in spite of those changes, such as Electric Superman's magnetic super-science solution to a demonic curse cast on the Moon.

But that book also introduced the idea that Martian Manhunter, although stuck with a number of harsh weaknesses both obvious and subtle, might be the most powerful member of the Justice League, and the most tragic, as he was an adult and fully aware when he was severed from his kin. I'd never read DC comics before I started reading them in the 2000s, I was a Marvel brand geek when I was younger, and when I started reading in the last years of the post-Crisis, Martian Manhunter just seemed more interesting to me. He was kitschy, and odd, and could be anyone, and do anything, and he seemed to come from a realm of pop culture that was so much wider and weirder than superheroes: 1950s atomic scare movies, pre-superhero pulp like John Carter, and more sources besides. I don't know if I ever read a better Martian Manhunter story than All-Star Superman was a Superman story, but I just plain liked the Martian Manhunter more back then. He seemed like he had potential that had yet to be revealed.

#100 Posted by shadowkiller78 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter.

He is Superman with better brain(smarter), can shape-shifting, invisible, go through objects, read other people minds