• 118 results
Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) 1 year, 1 day ago

Poll: Superman vs Mangog (74 votes)

Superman wins any Difficulty 31%
Mangog wins any Difficulty 69%

So in my other thread, New 52 superman was the winner by a vast margin over War Thor.

So now, to go from there, can New 52/ Rebirth Supes using only feats from new 52 and up contest with the great Mangog ?

I'll make this into a poll. If Superman wins again, he'll move on to another more powerful opponent

Battle takes place in Tournament of Power Arena ( Assume yellow sun is the light being provided just like on earth)

Distance - 10 meters

Both are aiming to royally beat down the other / kill but both are in character

Superman is fighting Mangog thinking that Mangog is a threat like Doomsday

Mangog thinks Superman is a god and is going to kill him

There is no prep and no knowledge from either side.

Who wins?

#1 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'm way off course here, but didn't mangog give Odin trouble? If that's the case he should Stomp Superman

#2 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Jane gave Odin trouble too

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan3
#3 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Supes is just a tier below Elder God tier in Marvel terms. He takes this for me.

#4 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Supes is just a tier below Elder God tier in Marvel terms. He takes this for me.

You gotta be kidding me......

#5 Edited by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Mangog eats Superman.

#11 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

In almost all DC vs Marvel fights, the Marvel character is handicapped massively in one area: SPEED. The likes of Kal-EL and Diana are so much faster that they can speed blitz opponents easily. And no, I don't think Superman beats Galactus, but considering that Thor has, I don't think Superman gets murdered either. The trouble with comparing 2 different worlds such as these is that there will invariably be bias and pseudo intellectual trolls like @xzone will resort to ad hominem attacks and strawmen which makes any semblance of discussion impossible, impractical and tedious.

By scaling, Rebirth Supes definitely compares to Odin and by extension, Mangog.

#12 Edited by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: or you can just look at their feats and realize that mangog is consistently far above new 52 superman to the point that his speed can only keep him alive for so long.

Rebirth Superman would get blink stomped by odin lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#13 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: Yes he does. And given that the poll is 50-50 and that the thread hasn't been locked for spite, it seems quite a lot of people share this reasonable view apart from a few Marvel fanboys who construe everything pro-Superman as an attack against their favorites.

#16 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Superman vs Odin has been a close fight on comic vine a number of times...you can see for yourself. I would actually favor Odin in the destroyer armor to take a slight majority vs Superman, but it wouldn't be a stomp.

#17 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: I don't think Thor is that slow.

Remember he travelled light years to get to Gorr when old Thor blasted him. That may not be combat speed but it's still quite fast

I do agree however, that he has lowball feats

#18 Edited by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: Thank you. At least you have put forward an opposing opinion without feeling the need to denigrate and resort to personal attacks like xzone.

When I imply Thor is slow, I mean in relative terms of course. Thor is still quite "fast" in absolute terms. But relative to Superman and many other DC characters, he is a statue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#19 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Good God what am I reading....

#20 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: what is your opinion on this matter?

#21 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has never been anything but a flea to Galactus barring times when he is extremely weakened from hunger. Its like saying Batman is Superman level because he hurt him with Kryptonite.

Not going to bother with the speed argument. Its been explained and debunked far too many times.

#23 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: Personal attacks? Good lord lmao. You are clearly trolling. Superman is no where near Odin in power

#24 Edited by miekskywalker (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: You do realise odin can manipulate time and he has trouble with mangog

Speed is no help unless superman decides to fly away

edit: Just saw your odin post wtf

#25 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: You need not apologise, but anyone who claims Superman/Thor/Hulk etc are skyfather levels are trolling. Just keep that in mind.

#26 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3:

I think Thor definetly has the physical advantage though especially in terms of hitting power. He was making planets crumble with his swings during his fight with Gorr and he once punched a man through the planet on to the other side and I think that was before he got his hammer right?

Either way, I believe he has the clear strength hitting advantage but superman clearly has the speed advantage.

Idk who is more durable though

#27 Edited by KrleAvenger (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Superman is just one tier below the Elder Gods and he can give Odin a run for his money (those two statements actually contradict one another). Give me a break. I thought Youtube level comments were a thing of the past on this site. Mangog eats him and the rest of the Superman family.

#28 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: what is an elder god Level?

Also, I don't think he is "trolling" purposely but he could be misinformed. If you look, he didn't disagree to me reasonably pointing out that thor isn't that slow. I don't agree that superman is skyfather Level but I don't believe he actually purposely meant to troll with that.

For now, I'll give Him the benefit of the doubt and see why he believes so.

#29 Edited by Eeef (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

Mangog curbs.

#30 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: Elder god is a vague term but I suppose it means on the level of Dormammu/Odin/Mephisto etc.

And given that user's responses, I highly doubt he/she is only "misinformed". Either way, one should refrain from debating characters they know practically nada about.

#31 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers It's amazing how 14000 posts on online forums can give people a sense of entitlement...it's as if they wrote the comic themselves!

@xzonewhy isn't this locked then? Or have you decided not to go running to the mods as you usually do because this involves Superman?

@blitzsikes I agree Thor has better hitting ability in general (Superman's most powerful iterations like Prime 1 million etc. have better hitting power than Thor's stronger versions IMO).

#32 Posted by miekskywalker (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: I think cython is elder god level

Herald<Skyfather<Elder< CC <Celestial <Abstract etc

Most people agree that heralds like ss would beat supes

But saying supes would beat a high skyfather is clearly trolling

#33 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha, someone feeling cocky with 14k posts on an online forum just called Odin an Elder God. LOL!

#34 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: SA Superman vs Odin thread is still up, as it should be. Regular Superman vs Odin is a ridiculous match up and you know that

#35 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker:

To be honest, when I first came here I thought Naruto could beat world War Hulk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I was simply misinformed of the hulk's potential and it probably looked like I was trolling.

But now I know that Naruto is no where near capable of killing hulk.

Maybe he's got the same type of problem? Misinformation at a high level?

#36 Edited by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: no one who has had an impartial opinion on an Odin vs superman debate has ever said that Superman comes anywhere near even harming Odin, let alone beating him.

Unless we’re talking about silver age Superman, But were not.

#37 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Deflection as usual - that was fast, faster than a lot of Marvel characters I daresay. I asked if Odin vs Superman is such a mismatch, why isn't this thread locked since clearly Mangog >= Odin. I won't wait with bated breath for a straight answer.

#38 Posted by BlitzSikes (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: maybe it was superman vs current Odin who couldn't beat Jane and couldn't beat Mangog?

Idk. Classic

Odin Stomps supes though

#39 Edited by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: Entitlement? Do you even know what that word means? And I dunno what 'comic' you are referring to but it certainly cannot be the one you read, which judging from your replies seems to be...all of them.

And as for your other reply which you didnt even tag me for, I didnt say Odin is an elder god. I was referring to that in terms of a power tier. Trying reading next time yeah?

#40 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers looks like I touched a nerve. Now go ahead making 14k posts more about how Odin is an Elder God.

#41 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by miekskywalker (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: Likely

I have no problem with the guy he probably has read tons of DC comics and saw supermans feats without doing research on the other half nothing wrong with that.

#43 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Look if you are going to spend all your time on online forums making tons and tons of posts, then at the very least I'd hope you'd know enough not to call Odin an Elder God lol. I can understand the feeling...get some fresh air and meet some blokes in real life instead of obsessing over comic book characters. Might broaden your horizons.

#44 Edited by KrleAvenger (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

Elder god is a vague term but I suppose it means on the level of Dormammu/Odin/Mephisto etc.

Elder God is a term used to describe people who are well above Skyfathers but below Cosmic Cubes. In short, anything from Nigh-Universal/Universal level to Multi Universal level. Also I don't want to sound like a geeky nerd, but all three of these characters you mentioned (Dormammu, Odin and Mephisto) are all in a completely different tier respectively. Dormammu is well above Odin who himself is well above Mephisto (discounting that one fight with Galactus that destroyed galaxies).

#45 Edited by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3 said:

Are you joking and are you sane?

#46 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu is by no means "well above" Odin. He himself has admitted to being the equal of Zeus and Odin.

#47 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: And if you really want to roast someone, make sure you actually know what you are roasting them on. But dont let me ruin this for you- go back to hi fiving yourself at a reply well done.

But thank you for the words of wisdom O great one. Its not everyday where you see someone give sagely advice about the dangers of debating comic charactere online..while debating comic characters online. And I am using that term loosely here.

#48 Posted by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers dear sister, I am not trying to roast you. I am just giving you a few pointers on how you can go beyond WW, Hela and Black Widow.

#49 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Yeah but I dont think that user meant it in those terms, given how he thinks Superman is comparable to Odin.

#50 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: Because mangog is not Odin level lmfao. He's given Odin trouble, but he is not as powerful as Odin. I'm not deflecting, stop