Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mysticmedivh
No Caption Provided

The Scenario

Superman and Hulk are standing side by side. They cannot attack, move, or do anything. It's Thor's job to whack them with Mjolnir. Whoever dies or is knocked out first loses. Whoever survives the longest wins.

In this scenario, between Superman and Hulk, who wins?

The Rules

• Last man standing wins.
  • Post-Crisis Superman.
  • Earth-616 Thor and Hulk.

Note: This is a strict durability contest. No healing factors. Superman's magic vulnerability will not apply in this scenario.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was about to say this wasn't fair before I saw the magic invulnerability.

Supes wins.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I still think Hulk's durability is slightly higher even without his HF.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

hulk has better durability towards strikes

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. His durability should be higher then Clarks even without his healing factor, just think of the time Zeus screwed Hulks healing and beat him so badly he shattered his ribs and collapsed his lungs making him projectile vomit blood and Hulk survived, i honestly can't imagine Clark going through the same thing and surviving it.

Fun fact, in the half of century of their rivalry, Thor has never knocked out Hulk with Mljonir, but Hulk has knocked out Thor with Mljonir... twice... Funny and ironic.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By GreenScar1990

@atheistknowledge said:

Hulk. His durability should be higher then Clarks even without his healing factor, just think of the time Zeus screwed Hulks healing and beat him so badly he shattered his ribs and collapsed his lungs making him projectile vomit blood and Hulk survived, i honestly can't imagine Clark going through the same thing and surviving it.

Fun fact, in the half of century of their rivalry, Thor has never knocked out Hulk with Mljonir, but Hulk has knocked out Thor with Mljonir... twice... Funny and ironic.

This. Not to mention withstanding planetary annihilating level impacts unharmed and unfazed at numerous points in his existence among other things.

So, yeah...

HULK

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Hulk is more durable.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hulk wins and then when the contest is over he pimp slaps Thor and kills him.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RisingBean

I think I'd go with Superman. It's Hulk's healing in conjunction with his durability that puts him over the top.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator

Hulk has more raw durability regardless of his healing factor.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

Depends on which Hulk and which superman IMO.

Also pretty sure superman isnt weak to magic. Rather he just has the same vulnerability to it as every normal man.

Edit: Nevermind, skimmed over the versions we are using.

I'd say Hulk then.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk should win

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

Doesn't this count?

No Caption Provided

He doesn't look conscious here in the first panel

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

@longman: Depends on how you interpret it. Some would argue that Hulk was not knocked out and was instead trying to speak in space. I and several others view it that way.

Since you wouldnt give someone who got knocked out a speech bubble anyways.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longman: Depends on how you interpret it. Some would argue that Hulk was not knocked out and was instead trying to speak in space. I and several others view it that way.

That's how I saw it.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longman: Doesn't really seem knocked out to me as others explained, especially considering you see him speaking in the very next panel and a knocked out person usually doesn't hold on to a hammer as they are sent through the outer space, a knocked out person tends to let go of things when they get knocked out.

TurtleXNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chichen_nuggeg said:

That's how I saw it.

Same for me. Hulk is more durable than Superman.

@leo-343 said:
@atheistknowledge said:

@longman: Doesn't really seem knocked out to me as others explained, especially considering you see him speaking in the very next panel and a knocked out person usually doesn't hold on to a hammer as they are sent through the outer space, a knocked out person tends to let go of things when they get knocked out.

@asgardianbrony What's your opinion on this?

-________________-

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
@atheistknowledge said:

@asgardianbrony What's your opinion on this?

Let me help you, his opinion is that Hulk got knocked out. But as with all AsgardianBrony opinions, it doesn't really change mine, or most anyone elses for that matter.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longman: I dont think it should, imo that Hulk was amped by the Hammer so it doesn't count

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longman: I dont think it should, imo that Hulk was amped by the Hammer so it doesn't count

Amped? Frankly Savage Hulk has better feats.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: It makes sense that he was amped, since everyone else that had the hammer's were more powerful than there base versions, like Thing beating Rulk. If he was amped why not the Hulk?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: It makes sense that he was amped, since everyone else that had the hammer's were more powerful than there base versions, like Thing beating Rulk. If he was amped why not the Hulk?

I'm not saying he wasn't suppose to be amped, but the feats didn't live up to it. Just like Symboite should amp wearers, however hasn't always.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion2 said:

Yea i don't buy into statements, it's not the first time a Hulk was supposed to be amped but he really wasn't, not through feats. Same thing happened before with Doc Green(Original Sin) and Kluh(Axis), both of which where stated to be amped/more powerful then before but never actually showed it with feats. Same thing with Nul who was actually more bloody in this fight then almost any other fight he had with Thor including when Thor went Warrior Madness on Hulk.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:
@incursion2 said:

Yea i don't buy into statements, it's not the first time a Hulk was supposed to be amped but he really wasn't, not through feats. Same thing happened before with Doc Green(Original Sin) and Kluh(Axis), both of which where stated to be amped/more powerful then before but never actually showed it with feats. Same thing with Nul who was actually more bloody in this fight then almost any other fight he had with Thor including when Thor went Warrior Madness on Hulk.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen of either character, this.

@atheistknowledge said:

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Doesn't Thor tend to hold back against the Hulk though? As not to kill him, that would make sense.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Doesn't Thor tend to hold back against the Hulk though? As not to kill him, that would make sense.

Actually Thor has not held back, on panel, a couple times vs Hulk, and never could keep Hulk down. The same can be said for Hulk too, he's really only gone "all out" twice, once against Onslaught, once in the Dark Dimension.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@incursion2 said:

Despite the fact that in at least 4 fights either Thor himself or the narration have stated he doesn't hold back and in at least 2-3 of those 4 fights he literally tried to kill Hulk. Yea, i dunno if you ever saw a Hulk vs Thor fight but you are deadly wrong if you think either holds back against one another all the time.

1st scan Warrior Madness Thor yells at Hulk "KILL YOU!" but neither one gets killed or even beaten there.

2nd scan Thor yells at Hulk "And now you DIE!" but Hulk doesn't die, in fact Thor realizes he can't put him down so he BFR's him.

3rd scan Thor yells at Hulk: "Have at thee Hulk --- TO THE DEATH!" Narration: "Without holding back Thor strikes" which sends Hulk flying into an adamantium statue but otherwise leaves him completely unharmed and again the fight never concludes as Strange BFR's Hulk.

4th scan Thor: "This is no mere battle, no mere contest! Your mindless rampage must be halted for ALL TIME! No longer will Odins son sit idle as you wreck havoc at every turn! Yes i shall use every weapon, every power at my disposal to best thee! Again the fight ends with both of them knocking each other at one point.

I am honestly tired of reiterating this same point to people that obviously never saw a Hulk vs Thor fight, or are just ignoring the obvious context to them. Yes neither Hulk nor Thor are always trying to kill one another, there are times when they obviously hold back but there have also been times when they clearly have not, mostly because they can not afford to seeing as both Hulk and Thor are capable of killing one another.

I honestly can't understand how some people can twist a blatantly obvious and straightforward statement like "Kill YOU!" or "Now you DIE!" and say Thor holds back against Hulk...

GLCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GLCorps

I don't get where people are coming from, especialy with given scans. Both can survive planet busting attacks but due to his imo clearly superior durability ( with constant recharge ) Superman can unphased and most likely tanks system busting attacks. He is just vulnerable to intense gamma radiation emitted by stars. But if we talk about mere blunt force / kinetic force Superman can take all sorts of beating. However if we remove "healing factor" aka exposition to solar radiation he is in a clear disadvantige since every blow will be tougher to withstand than the previous as he is losing energy. Ultimately without sun exposure, Hulk would obviously be the last man standing.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: First of all I have seen many Hulk vs Thor fights.

1st scan their both are simply brawling, Thor not using his other powers good fight

2nd scan Thor was already weary from before, and it was obviously sarcasm when he said "You know I could never beat you"...besides its pretty clear Hulk was buffed, despite the lack of feats.

3rd and 4th scans are the only ones that look like they are actually fighting harder.

The reason I state Thor has never gone all out is because if he had the planet they were fighting on would have been destroyed(Gorr vs Thor anyone, he didnt destroy the a planet but he was cracking nearby ones) , or Thor could have tried draining the Hulk, or absorbing his soul into Mjolnir, or simply BFR'ing him. Seriously if Thor were not to hold back at all and go all out and use all of those abilities the writers seem to forget he has...he would win, unless its like WWH or something, then that's alot harder. In the end, in a fight between these two powerhouses I would take Thor for a bit of a majority, 6-7/10

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes easy

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hulk

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: First of all I have seen many Hulk vs Thor fights.

1st scan their both are simply brawling, Thor not using his other powers good fight

2nd scan Thor was already weary from before, and it was obviously sarcasm when he said "You know I could never beat you"...besides its pretty clear Hulk was buffed, despite the lack of feats.

3rd and 4th scans are the only ones that look like they are actually fighting harder.

The reason I state Thor has never gone all out is because if he had the planet they were fighting on would have been destroyed(Gorr vs Thor anyone, he didnt destroy the a planet but he was cracking nearby ones) , or Thor could have tried draining the Hulk, or absorbing his soul into Mjolnir, or simply BFR'ing him. Seriously if Thor were not to hold back at all and go all out and use all of those abilities the writers seem to forget he has...he would win, unless its like WWH or something, then that's alot harder. In the end, in a fight between these two powerhouses I would take Thor for a bit of a majority, 6-7/10

Then you have no excuse really.

1st scan is Thor fighting Hulk while under the influence of the Warrior Madness, it's not simply brawling it was a fight to the death and Thor has used lightning as well in that fight.

2nd scan whether Thor was weary or not you have no evidence to prove he was in any way weaker and the point is he was aiming to kill Hulk there but he couldn't. So you know when Thor is speaking sarcastically and when he is not? Besides my point was not what Thor was saying there but the fact that he landed a killing blow on the Thing who he mentioned he liked but couldn't do the same with Hulk, whether you like it or not Thor tried to put Hulk down there and couldn't so the only thing left was to BFR him. How is it pretty clear that Hulk was buffed if he doesn't have feats for it? That makes no sense.

In all 4 scans they where fighting hard, how are the first 2 any different from the rest? In their first fight they literally fought for over an hour...

That's a ridiculous measure of a fight, cosmic beings have fought on planet Earth, beings that can destroy galaxies with ease and have literally gone all out without the planet being destroyed, or even shaking in many cases. Thor himself has fought the Serpet a skyfather he went all out even died in that fight and they didn't destroy the planet, the logic you are using is ridiculous. When Thor fought Gorr they where in the middle of nowhere and he barely cracked a nearby Moon completely exerting himself cracking fingers and tearing muscles, how many times has he done something similar? Thor has never shown the ability to drain Hulk, nor would he be able to, a guy who resisted draining on multiple occasions from guys that are better drainers then Thor. Hulk has resisted soul affecting abilities and Thor has almost never used that ability. BFR is the only option Thor really has. You seem to be living in this delusional world where Thor uses every single ability he has accumulated over half a century which includes over 50 different abilites, which isn't the case, Thor doesn't fight the way you want him to fight but the way he wants to fight and some of the abilities you mentioned he barely used once or twice over several decades ago. Yea well unfortunately recent history has dictated that Hulk would probably take the majority over Thor who hasn't used much of anything else except lighting and swinging Miljonir since 2007.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: You forgot to mention how Gorr was stabbing him, while he was fighting....and it makes perfect sense for Hulk to have been amped IF the others were, that's why he could not kill him and BFR'd him. And I was talking about IF(out of character, hence IF) Thor used those abilities, duh. And I believe that Thor god of thunder by Aaron puts Thor a bit above Hulk...just my two cents

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: You forgot to mention how Gorr was stabbing him, while he was fighting....and it makes perfect sense for Hulk to have been amped IF the others were, that's why he could not kill him and BFR'd him. And I was talking about IF(out of character, hence IF) Thor used those abilities, duh. And I believe that Thor god of thunder by Aaron puts Thor a bit above Hulk...just my two cents

I didn't forget to mention it i just don't see how it has any significance to the things i stated. Yea except i like to work off feats not statements and not by other characters. Nothing Hulk did shows he was actually amped, not that it matters since Hulk himself can amp himself just by getting more angry. Well what if Hulk actually used his superior speed and blitzed Thor, there are millions of IF's, but we don't work on what if's, we work on what is. Different writers have different opinions on the matter i mean Greg Pak, Peter David, Jeph Loeb, etc.. put Hulk above Thor that doesn't really sway my opinion. I base my opinion of the individual feats the characters have.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glcorps said:

I don't get where people are coming from, especialy with given scans. Both can survive planet busting attacks but due to his imo clearly superior durability ( with constant recharge ) Superman can unphased and most likely tanks system busting attacks. He is just vulnerable to intense gamma radiation emitted by stars. But if we talk about mere blunt force / kinetic force Superman can take all sorts of beating. However if we remove "healing factor" aka exposition to solar radiation he is in a clear disadvantige since every blow will be tougher to withstand than the previous as he is losing energy. Ultimately without sun exposure, Hulk would obviously be the last man standing.

I would imagine the no healing factor rule would affect Hulk more than it would Superman.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

With healing factor Hulk should take it handily, without it he still takes it but not as easy.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Ok then, I can understand wanting to go off feats, I still stand by my opinion, but I wont argue with you.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kingant27

Hulk IMO.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Hmm . . . Superman, but he'll be hanging by a thread.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By visemoon

Lol at Hulk supposedly KOed in that scan. KOed people do NOT, and never had a speech bubble.

TrueKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this place has a lot of hulk fans.

Superman did withstand a constant stream energy attack from Kyle rayner, who has shown to be at-least in the planetary level realm with his energy projection. But was also K.O'ed while being in the middle of Apokolips and Genesis fusing.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truekingarthur: People don't have to be Hulk fans to realise he is more durable by feats, if only slightly.