#201 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: By the way, Superman bends time when he uses his speed, as well, as this incident with The Cannibal Planet illustrates:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

---so, even if what you claim about Runner was true, you don't even have that excuse.

So, once again-stop side stepping the question:

please explain what a NON AMPED, NO PREP, NO ARTIFACTS having Thanos is going to do to-for sure-keep from being ragdolled like he was by The Runner.

Explain what Thanos could do to prevent Superman from doing THIS

No Caption Provided

at will, indefinitely to Thanos, who is far too slow to prevent this from happening.

Remember, "Der, because *swooooonn* it's Thaaaanooossss" doesn't count as a legitimate reason.

#202 Edited by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio
#203 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: That's not true. but even if it was-

we saw that Thanos, boost or not, was able to be knocked off his feet by people who Superman is at least as strong as, and waaaay faster than.

please explain what a NON AMPED, NO PREP, NO ARTIFACTS having Thanos is going to do to-for sure-keep from being ragdolled like he was by The Runner.

No Caption Provided

at will, indefinitely to Thanos, who is far too slow to prevent this from happening.

Remember, "Der, because *swooooonn* it's Thaaaanooossss" doesn't count as a legitimate reason.

#204 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: I get it now, you think you can get out of answering the question.

Please explain what a NON AMPED, NO PREP, NO ARTIFACTS having Thanos is going to do to-for sure-keep from being ragdolled like he was by The Runner.

No Caption Provided

#205 Edited by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows:

It is true. Read the book series. Anyone on here who's actually read it knows I'm right.

Space Gem. Not time Gem. Get it straight.

#206 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: First you mentioned it was time that Runner was allegedly using through the gem. Now space. Even if it was-

we saw that Thanos, boost or not, was able to be knocked off his feet by people who Superman is at least as strong as, and waaaay faster than.

No Caption Provided

#207 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: you know thanos has aoes so you're the one guilty of ignoring evidence now, unless you think supes will knock out thanos before he has a chance to think about covering his body with energy that matched a star buster, 3 upgrades ago

#208 Posted by Vertigo- (17735 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt:

The Runner was bending space around him using the Space Gem. Not superspeed

Since you keep referencing it, here is the panel where Thanos tells the Runner as such, complete with issue citation:

Thanos Quest issue 2
Thanos Quest issue 2

#209 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseidthanos: Don't be impatient, or get enraged enough to start name calling again or anything, friend. I'll get to your inane comments presently. Be patient.

#210 Edited by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows:

Superman's been knocked off his feet before. Big whoopty do. Thanos would react just like he did to the Surfer who is confirmed Nano second reaction time. And before you start saying 'oh but the Runner blitzed Surfer so he's not really that fast'. The Surfer is confirmed Nano second reaction time. So that means the Runner would also Blitz Superman.

#211 Posted by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93:

I appreciate that. I don't actually have access to a computer yet.

#212 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: In this case, Thanos wouldn't be just "knocked off his feet; the first blow would be followed up by others delivered faster than "nanoseconds", indefinitely, not giving Thanos a chance to reciprocate.

And what Runner could or could not do to Superman is irrelevant to this matter.

Your switching subjects and side stepping to desperately get away from conceding something to that "mean old TheOneWhoKnows" is most amusing.

Stop side stepping the question:

No Caption Provided

#213 Edited by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows:

I never said time Gem. I challenge you to prove I said that. Quote me if I said that. Besides. You claimed to have read it. You should've already known everything I was saying.

I originally said Reality Gem on accident. The mod corrected me.

#214 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: That's a side issue that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. You're not going to get away with any evasions.

Stop side stepping the question:

No Caption Provided

#216 Posted by juiceboks (24800 posts) - - Show Bio
#217 Posted by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@cdiddyman911:

Your right. I'm out. I hear Skyrim a call-in my name.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#218 Edited by MajinBlackheart (9422 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt said:

@majinblackheart:

What say you? Am I correct that Thanos froze all of the heroes before deciding how he wanted to fight them in Infinity Gauntlet.

@theonewhoknows:

Thanos "MOST CERTAINLY" did freeze"all" of the heroes while deciding how to he wanted to deal with them in Infinity Gauntlet.

It's been a while, but I want to say he stopped time because he wasn't impressing Death because it wasn't a challenge. And I think he turned off all the gems powers except the power gem and resumed the fight.

Why are you guys arguing Thanos anyway? He's not in this battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
#219 Posted by deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5 (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

Superman

No Caption Provided

Heralds of Galactus

Round 1: Firelord -

Firelord has no reaction feats I can think of. So the obvious edge for reaction speed should go to Clark. On the other hand, does Clark have enough to put Firelord down before Firelord turns loose some power cosmic whamma zamma? Not sure.

Round 2:

Red Shift Red Shift has fought at the heart of a black hole with the Silver Surfer, his reaction speed should be greater than Clarks. However, I haven't seen anything from Red Shift that suggests he has esoteric abilities that can decimate Superman, so the outcome of this battle is uncertain.

Round 3: Air-Walker

Same as with Firelord.

Round 4: Terrax The Tamer

Same as Firelord and Airwalker.

Round 5: Stardust

Same as Firelord, Terrax, etc...

Round 6: Morg the Executioner

Same as...yep the previously mentioned ones.

Round 7: Fallen One

The Fallen One was able to cause some psychic back lash that even affected Thanos (although, he later mind controlled the Fallen One and made him his herald). Could he do the same to Clark? Hard to say.

Round 8: Silver Surfer

The Silver Surfer is faster, has an array of esoterics and blast power to deal with Clark. Surfer wins.

#220 Edited by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart:

If you go back a few pages it originally started because I was originally arguing for Stardust defeating Superman. Someone brought Thanos into it in an insulting way (insinuating him as a low benchmark for comparison). So I came to the rescue.

#221 Posted by CosmoGod (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman(No Morals) Vs FireLord =Supes

Red Shift=Supes

Air-Walker=Supes

Terrax =Supes

Stardust= can go either way But stardust can litellary absorb all supes solar

energy

Morg=Supes

Fallen One= Battle of the century, I will give this to Falleon one. Big fan of
his Temper.

Silver Surfer=Silver Surfer

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
#222 Posted by deactivated-5ab47f6017f34 (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this thread was locked.

#223 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: "Someone" jumped into an "A-B" conversation (that didn't concern them in any way whatsoever) about where Superman stood in the pantheon of power with Odin, Thanos, etc. as benchmarks. They didn't "rescue" anything; they imposed their opinion in a discussion that didn't concern them.

As evidenced by their inability to defend a certain claim, leading to their refusal to answer a direct question concerning the outcome of a certain battle, if they had stayed out of things (no one asked for their opinion) nothing untoward would have occurred,

#224 Posted by BruceRogers (17320 posts) - - Show Bio

He still gets his head handed to him by Surfer. Could even stop earlier.

#225 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cam_cash said:

Absorbing his solar energy - Whatever solar energy Surfer drains from him gets absorbed right back so that's one 'weakness' thrown out the window.

Red sun radiation - he's tanked a red sun eaters detonation that was 50x more powerful than Keplar's Supernova. So that's another 'weakness' thrown out the window.

Kryptonite - Supes has fought and survived with Kryptonite in his brain. He has also tanked attacks from Kryptonite Man so that's pretty much another 'weakness' thrown out the window.

Matter Manipulation - Supes tanked a cosmic storm that mutates matter and energy. He also withstood Sodam and Gamorrah's matter manipulation point blank attacks. There's a fourth 'weakness' thrown out the window.

Surfers planet busting energy attacks - Supes survived attacks from Void hound, who destroyed 10 star systems in one test run. Not to mention the 50x more powerful than Keplar's Supernova feat.

Aside from that, Supes has more raw power and faster combat and reaction speed than Norrin. Supes wins.

Yep.

#227 Posted by CosmoGod (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

@shade555 said:

I thought this thread was locked.

Right? I also dont know how Thanos came into this fight.

Diverting topic has become a new fashion recently. Losers need to suck it up

#228 Posted by CaptainGanon (290 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for masterskywalker
#229 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Surfer.

#230 Edited by totu (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows said:

Aside from that, Supes has more raw power and faster combat and reaction speed than Norrin. Supes wins.

Indeed, combat and reaction speed is the most important. You can put Usain Bolt in his prime vs Bruce Lee in a sprint match in straight line at 100 or 200 meters, and Bolt will win rather easily I imagine. However when you put them in a ring Lee will also beat him rather easily, with superior combat speed, skills, reflexes and striking power.

So even if somehow accepting that Silver Surfer is faster as moving speed, Superman is faster as combat speed and stronger as raw power so he should win.

To beat Superman someone needs to be extremely fast and powerful (better than him) or use very powerful mystical or magical powers, or very powerful psionic powers (like telepathy for example), or be very good at prep and have knowledge of his weaknesses and abilities beforehand

#232 Posted by BruceRogers (17320 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian: Still at it eh?. Wanking your character and lowballing the other one by cherry picking low end feats and out of context high end ones, I see.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#233 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9422 posts) - - Show Bio
#234 Posted by Motifian (1688 posts) - - Show Bio
#235 Posted by Motifian (1688 posts) - - Show Bio
#236 Posted by jagernutt (16346 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Stardust

#237 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman clears

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#238 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Without reaction feats for the other heralds that are more definitive, the only herald I can really sign off on here is the Surfer who is head and shoulder above Clark.

#239 Posted by Warlockmage (9223 posts) - - Show Bio
#240 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman clears

Okay, I'll bite. How does he get past the Silver Surfer?

#241 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows said:

Superman clears

That user was one of the main ones who posted most on this thread, so he shares his opinion on a lot of pages as to how, just read through em.

#242 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackstaroblivion said:
@theonewhoknows said:

Superman clears

That user was one of the main ones who posted most on this thread, so he shares his opinion on a lot of pages as to how, just read through em.

Oh, we've chatted before.

@theonewhoknows, best out of 10, how many times does Clark win this? Your best ballpark.

#243 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#244 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: again silver surfer is a better manipulator. Superman will try to drain silver surfer, cool at the same time superman tries to drain surfer, surfer is draining soupman back supes will end up with 25% of his initial energy.

#245 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: cool he survived with kryptonite in his brain, but he wasn't survived kryptonite cutting his brain in half.

#246 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: again his intestines are just like normal intestines of normal human being, his heart gets melted and he dies, SS will transform supes stomach into acid. Just because his skin is tough does not automatically mean his intestines are also tough, and silver surfer having control over the four fundamental forces would weaken the links between atoms making superman's punches as strong as of a toddler and his physical resistance of a regular human, from there he could simply ignore soupman cause he ain't even worth fighting from that point on.

#247 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: kek the fallacy in the same comment, in that scan superman was only able to hit him because of the heat, but when mongul and whoever else released a beam which purely to the nature of being a beam is hot,he just "phased" through it.

#248 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: so superman can get his molecules frozen got it, another weakness to add on superman's list

#249 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: superman is running away from the black hole in the first 2 scans superman is even shown to be having his face disfigured by the black hole in the 3rd scan.

#250 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhoknows: that frost breath affecting the intangible guy is literally the dumbest thing I have ever read, lol the point of going intangible is that other molecules can't possibly affect you in any way so how could the freeze breath, freeze an intangible person if the freeze breath molecules don't affect something that can't act on, pure pis.