-Post Crisis Superman

-Standard 616 Heralds of Galactus

-Superman is fully healed before each fight

Setting

No Caption Provided

Can Superman defeat them all?

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
#2 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He doesn't clear any IMO but I'm biased.

No way he'd ever get past the surfer tho

#3 Edited by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would most likely lose round 6 and 8, i see him clearing the rest.

#4 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#5 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7656 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done to death. Loses 6,7,8 maybe 3 too.

#8 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by DeathSamurai (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Firelord beats him

Terrax beats him

Morg stomps him

Fallen one stomps him

Silver Surfer stomps him

IDK enough about the rest but they more than likely win too

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
#12 Posted by homicidalmaniac (10895 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: Superman is my favorite DC character,but he is not beating Silver Surfer or some of the others Heralds.

#13 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes:

...what?

I don't think anyone but you thinks supes could beat the surfer.

#15 Posted by gav (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

Okay, I've been wondering for a while, what is the point of these posts (just ellipses)? Is this a place holder to come back to? A bump? Something else? I'm curious, not trying to bust your balls.

#16 Posted by dondave (41753 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would most likely lose round 6 and 8, i see him clearing the rest.

#17 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

its so I can double post. The dots dont register as a post.

#18 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Calrissian89 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

He defeats everyone up to round 5, round 6 is a maybe, definitely loses rounds 7 & 8. For the guy who thinks Superman will win versus Silver Surfer, I'm a Superman fan and i must say if you think Superman will win then you need to pick up a SS comic-book once in a while... like seriously..

#20 Posted by BWANASIMBA (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly agree that Supes could take everyone but Morg and SS, however, I only believe this for New 52 Supes. Pre-new 52 Supes is a whole different ballgame.

Morg's questionable. He's gone from stomping SS to getting bested by Terrax the Tamer. Admittedly this was argued in the comics because Terrax was the only herald with actual h2h combat training while the rest of the Heralds relied solely on their powers. Yeah, he took on all the Heralds at once, but that was when he was amped by magical water. His power levels are hard to pin down because of it. Supposedly he's mightier than SS but again, Terrax has bested him.

SS, I honestly think pre-new 52 Supes would take. Not because he's more powerful but because he's vastly better in combat than Surfer. SS has no skill whatsoever in combat. He's a pacifist. He relies on his powers. That's why Thor has gone from everywhere from stomping Surfer to stalemating him but has never lost a match to him. Plus whose got better travel speed is debatable, but Supes has better combat speed. Sure, if Surfer hit him with every power he has simultaneously he could eventually take Supes down, but I can't recall him ever doing that, even against Thanos.

#21 Posted by Hyperlight (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

in writing he shouldnt really be able to beat any of these guys.. except for nova. but he definitely doesnt beat SS or the fallen one

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7656 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: have you ever read a book with ANY of the Heralds in it?

#23 Posted by gav (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly agree that Supes could take everyone but Morg and SS, however, I only believe this for New 52 Supes. Pre-new 52 Supes is a whole different ballgame.

Morg's questionable. He's gone from stomping SS to getting bested by Terrax the Tamer. Admittedly this was argued in the comics because Terrax was the only herald with actual h2h combat training while the rest of the Heralds relied solely on their powers. Yeah, he took on all the Heralds at once, but that was when he was amped by magical water. His power levels are hard to pin down because of it. Supposedly he's mightier than SS but again, Terrax has bested him.

SS, I honestly think pre-new 52 Supes would take. Not because he's more powerful but because he's vastly better in combat than Surfer. SS has no skill whatsoever in combat. He's a pacifist. He relies on his powers. That's why Thor has gone from everywhere from stomping Surfer to stalemating him but has never lost a match to him. Plus whose got better travel speed is debatable, but Supes has better combat speed. Sure, if Surfer hit him with every power he has simultaneously he could eventually take Supes down, but I can't recall him ever doing that, even against Thanos.

Surfer can handle himself in combat when needed.

No Caption Provided

#24 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: have you ever read a book with ANY of the Heralds in it?

Coming from the guy who thinks Superman would lose to flipping Air-Walker?

#25 Posted by RebornAkuma (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 5.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Who's Morg? I've never heard of him as a Herald of Galactus.

#27 Edited by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

Loses to SS, Morg, and I think Fallen one

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
#28 Posted by homicidalmaniac (10895 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: And Silver Surfer was depower in that scan

#29 Edited by CharlieJade (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Stardust can open blackholes, go intangible and survive without a body.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@lvenger said:

@killemall: Who's Morg? I've never heard of him as a Herald of Galactus.

http://www.comicvine.com/morg/4005-7122/

Nova didn’t think anything of leading Galactus to inhabited planets until the Silver Surfer taught her that all life is precious. Slowly turning away from her master’s influence, Nova was dismissed, and Galactus took on a new herald. Finding a completely loyal and murderous individual in the being called Morg,

Galactus was satisfied his new herald would outshine all that came before. The Silver Surfer was determined to stop Morg from dealing death throughout the cosmos and recruited all other former heralds to stop him. An epic battle followed, leaving both Nova and Morg dead, and Firelord and Air-Walker to act as heralds to Galactus.

No Caption Provided

#30 Edited by toptom (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

that it all depends if they can exploit his many weaknesses. if they do not do that he can possibly win every single match since this is a moral off superman, but if they uses some red sun's radiations or some k-nite radiations or if they simply take his energy right out of him they can win.

#31 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic awareness allows them to understand weaknesses from their own universe, but would it from another?

Well, assuming it does, I feel like every herald should win, although I only really know about Silver Surfer.

#33 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7656 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: pretty much. I said maybe and all my other picks were dead right what's your point?

#34 Edited by Carter_esque (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathsamurai said:

Firelord beats himSupes one-shots Firelord simply bc this happened:

No Caption Provided

Terrax beats him

Morg stomps him

Fallen one stomps him

Silver Surfer stomps him Supes might lose here..

IDK enough about the rest but they more than likely win too

#35 Posted by Carter_esque (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes said:

@wavemotioncannon said:

Been done to death. Loses 6,7,8 maybe 3 too.

ROFL.

If any of you honestly thin the heralds can harm Clark, then you need to read more about Supes. He rapes pretty much everyone up there.

*facepalm*

Agreed

#36 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: pretty much. I said maybe and all my other picks were dead right what's your point?

Did my point really need to be spelled out? I'd like you to justify that "maybe" for a character that was literally murdered by one hit from Thor. One hit.

Your other picks weren't all dead right either. Fallen One has never done anything to suggest he could actually beat Superman. His entire history consists of losing every fight he's been in.

#37 Posted by robertloucksjr (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman would beat Firelord (Spider-Man, as well as a handfull of Spider-Men, would have no chance). He should also win rounds 2-4.

5-7 is a coin toss. If Morg has Well of Souls, he stomps.

Current SS beats him easily.

#38 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7656 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: that was the Air Walker robot version and didn't he get the best of Thor first?

#39 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: that was the Air Walker robot version and didn't he get the best of Thor first?

The robot version is the standard version. He didn't do much as Galactus' worldship. He was restored to a physical form again after that and was killed --- again --- by Annihilus' soldiers. He got the best of Thor by circumventing the Mjolnir rule by being a lifeless android, surprising Thor, snatching the hammer out of his hands and whacking him on the head with it. Thor recovered seconds later, took back the hammer, and killed him with one blow.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
#40 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps firelord.......

Come on, spidy has done it......

#42 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by bflynn316 (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 6 probably. No way he's getting past Silver Surfer.

#44 Edited by Jeronimo (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at round 5 with a bloodlusted Stardust.

Air Walker should be round one.

Tarrax will but up a good battle, worth watching. Redshift too.

RIP Superman.

No Caption Provided

Heralds FTW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
#45 Posted by deactivated-5ab47f6017f34 (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Morg

#46 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman clears.

Nuh -Uh!! Even if he got to Silver Surfer, Radd obliterates!!!

No, he doesn't. Superman has resisted-on multiple occasions-everything Norin could try on him.

DEFENSE:

KRYPTONITE- A) Since STRICTLY, ONLY Kryptonite from Superman's Earth One universe affects him, and/or a person STRICTLY, ONLY from Superman's Earth One universe can obtain/create the proper type, Surfer won't be able to utilize Kryptonite (this is true of all Supermen, Kryptonite has to be from their particular universe to harm them

No Caption Provided

(B) Even in the "combined" universe that is Comic Vine, there is no proof that Zenn-La, where Radd is from, is in the Earth One universe-it could be in Earth 2, the Apokolips Universe, or anywhere so STILL no go (C) Foreshadowing his eventual Kingdom Come Era virtual immunity from it, Kal has resisted Kryptonite more and more in recent years, still going after taking Metallo's Kryptonite Bomb followed by lingering Kryptonite radiation clouds and before that, despite being covered in Metallo's Kryptonite dust, defeating him and the rest of The Anti Kryptonian Squad (whose membership included Nuklon, Mongul, and Bizarro, all Superman level foes) (D) speaking of Metallo, even if Radd managed to miraculously create or obtain the correct kind, The Man Of Steel regularly out maneuvers, withstands, and defeats him and The Kryptonite Man, two opponents who are ALL ABOUT Kryptonite attacks, thus all of these factors show using that tactic against him is NOT a sure thing, and (E) Superman , since he uses combat speed a lot better and more often than Surfer, most likely speed blitzes Radd BEFORE he thinks to use Kryptonite, and KO's him. Superman has nanosecond https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3282457-7363874695-26303.jpg , fraction of a nanosecond http://imgur.com/a/Kizn3 , attosecond, http://www.geeksaresexy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sm_709_dylux_-9-copy-e1300679300858.jpghttp://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/3556932-1976765855-26290.jpg-this catching Barry Allen Flash incident-where Barry was moving so fast he was, quote, "running faster than time" and warping reality-was confirmed as an attosecond feat by the DC sanctioned writer of the story Chris Roberson

faster than teleportation (Superman flew from Pluto , back to Earth in the same amount of time, or faster , than the Outlaws were able to teleport back to earth. That is 4.67 billion miles , in seconds, and Supes did this despite the fact he had to first work around Tamaranian cloaking tech designed to hide them from him)

https://i.stack.imgur.com/hRZQI.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/72524/3126260-2468752429-31002.jpg

https://i.stack.imgur.com/TYrkI.jp and faster than advanced alien thought speed http://imgur.com/a/bDvt6

Since multiple characters-many who are weaker, slower, or BOTH than Kal have used physical force to hurt or even KO Surfer (including The Thing, The Rhino, Namor, The Hulk, Thor, Vranx, a Doombot, Ikon The Space Knight, Beta Ray Bill (with a ONE SHOT), The Runner, and (compared to Superman) slow as molasses Thanos. So there is no logical reason (many of Comic Vine's unblinking, unthinking devotion to the character doesn't count) why Superman couldn't do AT LEAST as well as those characters did; Radd being overwhelmed by Runner's combat speed and striking power https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111219005/5153991-3768145-6178755043-runne.jpg and https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38359/1317626-1237340_runner_1_super.jpg and https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38359/1317627-1237342_runner_2_super.jpg

is a blue print for how a Superman/Surfer could possibly go (nowhere in any dialogue circle, thought bubble, or narration box does it say that Runner was moving at combat speeds (not travel-combat) during his battle with Radd that Supes can't match).

TP-The following scans and links are Superman, in order, resisting:

Dominus http://i.imgur.com/2GnY2dp.jpg;

No Caption Provided

Martian Manhunter on at least three occasions, including the above incident (note how a shocked Jonn' states that Supes, quote, "forced me out" of Kal's mind-there are few beings who could even momentarily STALL the Martian, much less do THAT); Braniac http://imgur.com/a/VCnVG (note how, despite Braniac amping up ever increasing "more power" in his TP assault, he is not able to take over Kal, ultimately destroying HIMSELF in his attempts); Maxwell Lord, even after several months of clandestine work, and finally having Supes under his control is not able to force Kal to kill http://i.imgur.com/Y1oio8F.jpg resists mind domination attacks from Neron;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

above, defies Eradicator (note how, as Superman resists Eradicator, he helpfully remembers several OTHER powerful TP's that he has resisted over the years; I couldn't find the scans where Kal soon uses his devastating heat vision to achieve victory); and resists the simultaneous mental AND spiritual assault of "The Light Of Heaven" from Asmodel the Angel, which when effective results in instant madness http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wonder-woman-vs-magneto-1714954/?page=5 (post 209; click the "spoilers" icon, it's the third scan). There are many, Many, MANY more examples so TP against Superman is NOT a "cinch win" for Norrin (unless someone wants to argue that Radd's TP is somehow more "special" than ALL those people I mentioned).

Moving on to more, starting with---RED SUN-

RED SUN-that is NOT an insta/cinch win over Kal. Someone that can endure this amount of red sun radiation while inside a Sun Eater and endure a supernova fifty times bigger than Keppler's supernova at the same timehttp://imgur.com/a/5fpnT; in the "Krypton Returns" story line, at one point go back in time and stay under a red sun, but not have his powers INSTANTLY evaporate and even after being there for quite awhile still maintain a lot of power (using his heat vision to power engines that stop an exact replica of Krypton from falling into its sun, which at this time, Krypton was said to have approximately 16 times the mass of Earth); in the 'Final Night' story line, Superman effectively used up his entire store of energy (as he had no sun to recharge him) and that period was at least weekslong; or, at the closing of the Infinite Crisis mini series fly through an entire red sun (and onto a planet laced with kryptonite for good measure)and still keep going is not going to-for sure-be instantly dropped by Radd. Long before Kal got to a diminished capacity he would fight back against Radd (he is certainly not going to just stand like a statue and do nothing in the meantime).

DRAINING-there is no reason why Kal couldn't re absorb his own solar energy back from Radd. Since this is one of the ways Radd's powers work: As revealed in the "Annihilation" story arc, The Surfer's skin is designed to absorb various energies from beta particles to light. He is constantly being charged from hundreds of nearby stars and energies from distant galaxies. He can change this absorption into reflection if he chooses ---and this is how Superman's powers work: Superman can also absorb solar energies of other class stars such as white stars and also when he absorbed the solar energies of a blue star that increased his abilities to a higher degree and gave him additional abilities. The light of dwarf stars, pulsars, and quasars also grants Superman different abilities---- in Surfer's case it is highly doubtful Supes can be drained by him, since as he's doing it Kal will be absorbing that energy, and any star energy Surfer is casually absorbing, right back from him. Even the most minute amount or strain of heat/solar energy can be drained by Supes from a person (like Rampage, and this is the WEAKER JOHN BYRNE version of Kal)

No Caption Provided

or Megaddon http://imgur.com/a/aHR4A or thing http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1750252-1311323_electricalcharge_super.jpg or when Superman sun dipped and absorbed enough solar energy to increase his power to near Pre Crisis levels to beat back The Brainiac/Imperiex combo http://i.imgur.com/OUeJvML.jpg

So given the above examples it simply defies logic to claim Superman, who drained-fairly quickly-a half a galaxy destroyingamount of anti sunlight from Megaddon will have much trouble reabsorbing his own solar energy back from Radd, probably in mid transfer.

The facts above, along with Supes surviving draining from Parasite (who can drain any form of energy, and can drain people down to their DNA and become them) make it clear that "draining" Superman is not a sure thing. Superman NATURALLY, CASUALLY absorbs all kinds of solar energy not just from the sun, but from neighboring stars, quasars, dwarf stars, even the secondary solar energy found in the Earth and the photosynthesis solar energy stored in plants---therefore Radd really has no way to prevent Superman re absorbing his own solar energy back-or even casually soaking up the star energy that Radd casually absorbs. Superman can literally absorb solar energy just by standing next to Surfer.

TRANSMUTATION/MOLECULAR MANIPULATION-He has withstood his molecules being transformed by mega powerful opponents such as the husband and wife team of Sodom and Gamorra http://imgur.com/a/eX4ISSkyhook http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/81805/1686017-supestransmutation.jpg who was empowered by Blaze, a Death Goddess powerful enough to challenge Neron for control of The Nether Realms and WIN; Disciple who was powered by several Elder Gods and-though he altered the bodies/molecules of of the JLA-including Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern-Kal tanked his efforts, smiled, said "Is that the best you got?" then snatched his staffhttp://imgur.com/a/JvgnY; and Darkseid during the "Legends" mini series (who's Omega Effect was attuned to Superman's exact molecular structure, yet Kal fought back against this)http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/45351/2350861-1066461_1183yv_super.jpg (and here is the rarely seen next scene where Supes immediately hits Darkseid back (Superman states that Kryptonite is a worse feeling)

No Caption Provided

I have more on stand by, but the above examples are MORE than enough to prove the point. I just don't see Surfer's powers being SOOO much more "special" than those beings that he could-FOR SURE- achieve what they could not.

To continue-RAY BLASTS

RAY BLASTS-since Kal's durability feats include the aforementioned supernova feat, absorbing the half a galaxy destroying ANTI sun energy from Megaddon and SMILING https://imgur.com/a/aHR4A, and, except for saying "UUUHH" tanking the "destroy 10 Star Systems in one go" blasts of the Void Hound, a construct that doesn't have the capacity to show mercy, or to "hold back" it's power http://imgur.com/a/ZvaG2 (just a test run of it's blasts destroyed 10 Star Systems in one go http://i.imgur.com/2gREOpX.jpg , I believe Surfer's blasts won't be a problem.

Not to mention, Supes, if he didn't want to be bothered, could vibrate to intangibility and let them pass harmlessly through him (the way he did in Superman issue 175 which rendered Doomsday's punches, flame breath, and eyeball energy blasts useless,

No Caption Provided

or Mongul's punches

No Caption Provided

and how he did in Superman issue 170 which rendered Mogul's and Mongal's combined energy blasts ineffective).

No Caption Provided

The above vividly illustrates that Superman can resist all of Radd's tactics

On OFFENSE:

SILVER SURFER'S FORCE FIELD-If Surfer erected a force field, Superman has physically smashed force fields, Green Lantern force field constructs, and his heat vision is powerful enough to disrupt and break through force fields with infinite event horizons...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

...The heat vision is even capable of repairing reality itself http://i.imgur.com/qa9CHtW.jpg more evidence Radd's force fields might be bypassed by Kal).

OVERWHELM SURFER WITH COMBAT SPEED AND PHYSICAL POWER-As noted earlier, statistically, Superman uses combat speed waaaay more often, and with better strategy than Radd (a user in another thread awhile back displayed over 80 examples where Kal used his speed and/or blitzed right off). And Supes has the strength and striking power ( can one shot smash a meteor big and dense enough to destroy the Earth http://i.imgur.com/b6ISW3b.jpg which, since Kal can smash something that can destroy a planet makes him a planet smasher) to KO Surfer before he can recover enough to fight back, or at least stun him long enough to do one of the following things:

COUNTER VIBRATION-(A) If Superman can match the natural vibrational frequency of the abstract form of Darkseid, or on another occasion a large, other reality, omniverse threatening, molecularly unstable planet, counter vibrate them, then wipe them out of existence...

No Caption Provided

...it defies logic that he can't do the same to a not nearly as large, 6 foot or so humanoid

BATTLE FIELD REMOVAL-(B) If all else fails, Kal can BFR Surfer into the Phantom Zone, or, while giving him planet smashing punishment on the way there, super speed rush Radd onto the Source Wall.

So clearly, Superman can defeat Silver Surfer.

If one doesn't use the typical Comic Vine tactic to lowball Superman-playing the "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose" game where ALL of his low showings "count" but NONE of his stellar ones do (while of course, doing the reverse for Surfer by stating ONLY his best feats "count" but NONE of his defeats do), willfully ignoring Superman's stellar feats altogether, claiming the above is "too long" and refusing to read it, devolving into juvenile name calling, creating silly memes, etc.---there is no reasonable, factual way to deny the above scenarios could absolutely happen.

Now needless to say, since fights are funny things and hard to nail down PRECISELY how they would go, Surfer can definitely beat Superman in a random encounter. But evidence indicates Superman can beat Surfer too, 50% of the time...

...thus, if Superman can legitimately get past The Silver Surfer, he can get past anyone else on the list that comes before Radd.

Superman clears.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#47 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Morg

#48 Posted by MightyKalEl (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

If he clears the characters I am less familiar with, he stops hard at Surfer.

#49 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman shouldn't be able to beat Stardust.

#50 Posted by TifaLockhart (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally believe Superman could make it to Stardust, but then it's a hard stop at he/she/it.

Firelord is underrated but he did lose to Spidey which lowers his average. Terrax is a jobber as of late and his MO is to brawl. Red Shift might be problematic and I believe should be placed higher. Air-Walker would get trashed.

Stardust is confirmed planetary and regens. Stops at Stardust.