Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
#1 Posted by DarkPrimeSovereign (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't an overall match. This isn't a laser match. This isn't an arm wrestling match. This isn't who's more powerful match. This is a brawl. Pure H2H.

I would like to find out who has the upper hand in strength. Some people say Darkseid is stronger than Superman. Others say the opposite. Who is it then?

Doesn't matter if it's New 52 or Pre 52. It makes no difference. Both are the same in either 52. But one eventually comes out on top overall. Who will it be?

All feats will be accepted to prove who's stronger. If you can show Superman's or Darkseid's max strength limits, that will be good.

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by TheKinfing (11640 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should be comfortably stronger than Superman, but on some instances he has been written as being his inferior.

#3 Edited by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#4 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar of Darkseid is weaker but normal Darkseid is far above Superman.

#5 Edited by 20damon (6013 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid ought to stomp, really. He ragdolls Superman unless plot calls for Supes to suddenly win.

#6 Edited by Flickerblink (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman gets manhandled by Darkseid quite a bit. That tells me Darkseid is stronger. If written the opposite it is just bad writing.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#7 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say Uxas for strength and durability. Superman for speed.

#8 Edited by Claymore1998 (16541 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre New 52 Superman would most likely win given his record.

New 52 Darkseid by far.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
#9 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

acrokat said:

Avatar of Darkseid is weaker but normal Darkseid is far above Superman.

#10 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6945 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Darkseid by far.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
#11 Posted by deactivated-57c3cf21b495e (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done, I'm sure.

New 52 Darkseid by far.

#12 Edited by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid definitely has more muscle tendons because he's a god, and has a higher center of gravity and gravity "pull". He's also more durable. Superman can match Darkseid's punches with velocity + acceleration + speed + super strength, but it would be extremely out of Pre-New-52 Superman to accomplish this. He'd have to be pissed to the max and would probably have to be more sundipped.

#13 Posted by Sly_141 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Supes could overpower Darksied is through terrible writing. Seriously the guy has one-shotted and outright stomped his sons Orion and Kalibak who are each in the Superman department at least physically. Its only because of the writers lack of creativity and Superman popularity that he wins sometimes. Then because of those PIS moments people have to go and retcon them through avatars because the stories made no sense whatsoever.

#14 Posted by APEX_pretador (19110 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Gamingod (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

At base darkseid is stronger, but sundipped? Superman becomes stronger.

This is how i see it.

Sundipped superman > darkseid = pissed off superman > in character superman.

This is why darkseid manhandles him in the beginning of every fight then superman starts matching him when he gets pissed. And wins due to superior speed/reflexes.

Its no pis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba89dccd4593
#16 Edited by deactivated-5ba89dccd4593 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid for sure, regardless of era.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba89dccd4593
#17 Posted by deactivated-5ba89dccd4593 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamingod said:

Superman's speed and battle prowess are the reason he could beat darkseid sometimes, its no pis

It really is, Darkseid (not an avatar) is far above Superman, he's a team buster.

#18 Posted by Gamingod (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how i see it.

Sundipped superman > darkseid = pissed off superman > in character superman.

This is why darkseid manhandles him in the beginning of every fight then superman starts matching him when he gets pissed. And wins due to superior speed/reflexes.

Its no pis.

#19 Posted by TheKinfing (11640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamingod: Not really, morals off only goes so far, Darkseid is a Team Buster, he has no business losing to Superman or Superman level being unless there is context behind or its bad writting.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
#20 Posted by youmessinwithme (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the writer depends on the story.

in post crisis Superman's first encounter with Darkseid Superman gets literally b!*ch slapped, and admits he's have to be crazy to try to take Darkseid on head on.

In another story when Darkseid has captured Steel, Superman literally beats him so badly Darkseid's eyes swell shut without any kind of amp. He also drops the hilariously bad PIS line of "Today I'm stronger!" but I would consider that bad writing.

Superman has also beaten Darkseid when sun amped and pissed cause he thinks Darkseid has killed Supergirl.

I personally would consider Darkseid to be stronger, and to be written that way more often than Superman but like I said, it depends on the writer, it's fiction they are as comparably strong to each other as the writer sees fit to the story.

#21 Posted by Gamingod (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realise superman goes to 99% of his fights holding back right? So maybe his supposed upper limits are unknown to us.

Even in the justice league finale. He made us believe that he had not been fighting at full strenght all through the series.

Remember the world of cardboard speech? And when he said to darkseid '' what we have here is a rare opportunity for me to show you how powerful i truely am''

this means even previous encounters with darkseid wasnt superman fighting at this full potential.

I think that what the writers wants us to know , full powered no fucking around supes can match darkseid. But gets manhandled when he holds back

#22 Edited by DottiestMoon (1423 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should be comfortably stronger than Superman, but on some instances he has been written as being his inferior.

#23 Posted by Gamingod (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see if this makes sense.

Lets assume the upper limit of strenght is a 100

darkseid is 100 right off the bat

superman starts at 60% , superman gets manhandled , and then takes things seriously and then max out at 90% darkseid is still stronger but supes got superior speed and reflexes. This makes up for the shortcomings in 10% less strenght

this is why darkseid easily beats superman at the initial stages and then superman gets back into the battle as it continues.

sundipped superman on the other hand is a 150% making him vastly superior

#24 Posted by StormShadow_X (16210 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid. When not an Avatar he'd eat that famous kansas pie....that came out wrong