comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By comicace3

The title says it all.

They both get 30 min prep. Any version of Dante Vs. Pre 52 superman. Who wins?

Dante has all his weapons From DMC 1- 5

Fight!

If this has been done before I apologize in advance.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Superman vs a overpowered magic user?

This is..weird.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dante wrecks. If Superman tries to speedblitz, Dante could use Quicksilver, Bangle of Time and Chrono Heart to counter. Also most if not all his weapons are magical in nature which would further his chances of winning. The Dante from the new DmC is not the same one from the original DMC he is a Dante from another reality and its a new take on the DMC universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

considering Wonder Woman's magical sword was able to cut KC Supes, then I believe Dante's sword could kill Superman. Not saying Dante wins though.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By comicace3

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Eh I tried to make it fair.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By comicace3

So no one is gonna fight for superman?

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thor's hammmer

SUperman spends 30 minutes in the heart of a blue sun

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

@NeonGameWave: does Dante has have the reaction time to use Quicksilver before Superman knocks him out

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By comicace3

@Thor's hammmer: That's what it takes to make it fair?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

@dondave: Even if Superman lands a hit, I doubt it would knock out Dante.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

@NeonGameWave:Cool

Avatar image for couldntfindaname
CouldntFindAName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CouldntFindAName

Dantes full of all kinds of Magic that would own Superman with ease.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlueHope

@NeonGameWave said:

Dante wrecks. If Superman tries to speedblitz, Dante could use Quicksilver, Bangle of Time and Chrono Heart to counter. Also most if not all his weapons are magical in nature which would further his chances of winning. The Dante from the new DmC is not the same one from the original DMC he is a Dante from another reality and its a new take on the DMC universe.

Superman couldn't speedblitz Dante before he could activate any of those tricks?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

@BlueHope: Quicksilver is instantaneous and even if he does speedblitz it wouldn`t matter because mere physical force won`t put down Dante.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

@BlueHope: Quicksilver is instantaneous and even if he does speedblitz it wouldn`t matter because mere physical force won`t put down Dante.

Are u serious right now?? Superman would definately speedblitz the HELL out of him. Dante won't even see superman coming. Supes is FTL....not quicksilver or bangle of time is fast enough to dodge superman....
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

And supes definately have the strength to KO dante...
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

@ghost_rider1 said:

@NeonGameWave

Are u serious right now?? Superman would definately speedblitz the HELL out of him. Dante won't even see superman coming. Supes is FTL....not quicksilver or bangle of time is fast enough to dodge superman....

Superman is not FTL.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@ghost_rider1: Dante in the new dmc, could stop time. He could just stop time and stab superman in the stomach 100 times.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@SlimJ87D: superman can go far faster than speed of light

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d

@Epicbeast3000 said:

He can fly at FTL. What good is flying at faster than light speed if you can't control it. It's like Fighting someone and trying to fly a jet into a target over and over again. Iron Man can fly at Mach 10, doesn't mean he fights at Mach 10.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Spydey

So..you really don't think Superman would be able to keep up with Quicksilver? Are we serious right now? Tell me we're not serious. His fight with Flash in the first JL issue showed he's got insane reaction time. The issue where he chased down the Outlaws showed how fast he can move.

Two, Supes DOES have the ability to put down Dante. Even if it's super powered DMC2 Dante.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d

@Spydey said:

So..you really don't think Superman would be able to keep up with Quicksilver? Are we serious right now? Tell me we're not serious. His fight with Flash in the first JL issue showed he's got insane reaction time. The issue where he chased down the Outlaws showed how fast he can move.

Two, Supes DOES have the ability to put down Dante. Even if it's super powered DMC2 Dante.

OP says Pre-New 52 Superman. And if we were talking about New 52, Barry hasn't even used his powers to its full extent. Read his series, he's only using a small portion of the speed force.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spydey

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

OP says Pre-New 52 Superman. And if we were talking about New 52, Barry hasn't even used his powers to its full extent. Read his series, he's only using a small portion of the speed force.

When supes chased down the Outlaws when they teleported back to earth, didn't he do that from the Pluto or something?? So that would mean, Supes flew from Pluto then had to search the planet to find them.

He does have insane reaction time, because his mind has insane processing speeds..like when he became an expert doctor in like...4 minutes after reading all the medical books in a library. Supes has it. :\

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

When supes chased down the Outlaws when they teleported back to earth, didn't he do that from the Pluto or something?? So that would mean, Supes flew from Pluto then had to search the planet to find them.

He does have insane reaction time, because his mind has insane processing speeds..like when he became an expert doctor in like...4 minutes after reading all the medical books in a library. Supes has it. :\

I don't know about New-52 Superman, they have not elaborated on his combat speed but after what I heard about Cheetah giving the JL trouble I'm not really impressed with them right now compared to their old counterparts. . But traditionally Superman is fully capable of flying at FTL no problem, but it does not mean he can think at FTL.

Old Superman is still fast, but he's not FTL.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spydey

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

I don't know about New-52 Superman, they have not elaborated on his combat speed but after what I heard about Cheetah giving the JL trouble I'm not really impressed with them right now compared to their old counterparts. . But traditionally Superman is fully capable of flying at FTL no problem, but it does not mean he can think at FTL.

He has to be able to think close to it though, right? If he was able to read every book in the medical library in five minutes. And is Quicksilver moving Dante at lightspeed? I remember playing and they were still kinda moving a bit. Just incredibly slow.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@Spydey: Well gameplay wise the enemies are moving a little bit. I don't know if that's because they didn't want to make it too easy. but in the cut scene everything almost completely stops. I don't know if this is going to equal to Superman. Event hough Quicksilver is great and all there's no time laps for us to know how fast it really makes him. I'll research the guides and stuff later.

As for Superman in the New-52 I don't know either because we haven't seen his limits of fighting speeds. He could be light speed or FTL. I can only confirm Pre-52 Superman is does not think at FTL. He would not be able to do something like Wally at his peak like scan 100s of peoples faces in a picosecond.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1: Dante is hypersonic+ in reaction time, reflexes, speed and combat, he should do fine considering the fact that he has Chrono Manipulation abilities adding to his already impressive speed. And how will physical force matter for someone like Dante, can you prove why it would knock him out?

00:53 - 1:27 and 7:12 - 7:28

Survives Mundus` powerful energy beams as he was able to resist the injury and he was attacked critically in which he was pierced in the chest. He also was able to survive as well as withstand Mundus`s summoned meteorites without actually sustaining any critical damage although that`s Dante in his Sparda DT transformation, but Dante in base form by DMC 2 is 20x more powerful.

0:09 - 0:20

Survives and is not instantly knocked out from a punch from Beowulf a very powerful demon who is very strong in regards to brute and raw strength as he also possesses light gauntlets that add to his strength. This is Dante at the age of 18 or 19.

0:40 - 1:14

This fight is from the DMC: The Animated Series which is canon to the overall DMC series in which it takes place between DMC 1 and DMC 4 as it serves as a midquel in regards to the two games. Dante is battling a demon named Abigail, an ancient demon who`s power rivaled that of Mundus and Abigail retaliates as well as aggressively slashes Dante across the chest in which it does nothing. Abigail proceeds to sending a barrage of his spikes into Dante`s chest but it also does absolutely nothing as Dante smiles, mocks his efforts and breaks Abigail`s claws without no power up or DT.

7:47 - 7:58

His face remains intact even though a berserk and bloodlusted Nero is continuously punching him, Nero`s Devil Bringer is strong enough to crush the Savior a giant statue imbued with great power and his Devil Bringer can easily crack stone as well as steel. Dante is also in base form when he is being pounded on by Nero and his DT is responding back to the assault as his supernatural senses are kicking in. What is a punch from Superman going to do?

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spydey

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey: Well gameplay wise the enemies are moving a little bit. I don't know if that's because they didn't want to make it too easy. but in the cut scene everything almost completely stops. I don't know if this is going to equal to Superman. Event hough Quicksilver is great and all there's no time laps for us to know how fast it really makes him. I'll research the guides and stuff later.

As for Superman in the New-52 I don't know either because we haven't seen his limits of fighting speeds. He could be light speed or FTL. I can only confirm Pre-52 Superman is does not think at FTL. He would not be able to do something like Wally at his peak like scan 100s of peoples faces in a picosecond.

Yea, I guess Dante would have to get it due to QS and his powerlevel in DMC2.

But in my heart..in my heart...I still want to give it to Supes..even though I do love Dante. And I don' ttihnk anyone can do what Wally can. xD

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Personally, I say Superman just opens his red eyes a little.

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nessy3

@Epicbeast3000: Pretty sure in the new DmC he just slows down time a lot, however in DMC2 he stopped time.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chibio

What's up with the arguement that Dante can use his magic wizardry to defeat Superman? Dante is using demonic powers and weapons to fight. Demonic, not magic. Huge difference there. Just because demons tend to use magic in the DC universe, doesn't mean that that applies for everyone and everything else in other fictional universes. However, Superman wins this fight and rather easily. I'm a huge fan of Dante and Vergil, but let's be honest here: They both wouldn't be able to defeat Superman, who is simply too fast and too strong. Yes, Dante is skilled and he would last quite a while, but in the end of the day Superman could just stand there and there is not much Dante would be able to do. Superman is simply on a higher level and yes, a way higher level than the weird looking statue from DMC4. 

I do want to leave this though: 

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DocFatalis

Step 1: Freezing time.

Step 2: Cutting Superman into thin slices with magic Yamato sword.

I've said it before in an other thread, I don't think it's a good idea to root Dante against classic comics character: if we take is complete power set and equipment, the guy is almost unbeatable by anyone below skyfather level. Maybe a serious telepath could do it?

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By e3zombie

@DocFatalis said:

Step 1: Freezing time.

Step 2: Cutting Superman into thin slices with magic Yamato sword.

I've said it before in an other thread, I don't think it's a good idea to root Dante against classic comics character: if we take is complete power set and equipment, the guy is almost unbeatable by anyone below skyfather level. Maybe a serious telepath could do it?

Pretty much this, saying that, if superman can get a hit in before he sees him, its over.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chibio

Quicksilver is useless against Dante. Did you guys even play the games? Especially the third one, where he was using it for the most part. Lady (A HUMAN) was able to compete with the demons. Obviously Dante and Vergil had an easy game. Quicksilver doesn't stop time, it slows down time. The demons were still moving during Quicksilver. Superman is a lot faster than these demons. For him Quicksilver wouldn't change anything, since he would still be faster than Dante. Superman was speeding up his senses to speak with Flash normally, while everything around him stood still. THAT is potential super speed. 
Also Yamato is not a magical sword. It's a demonic weapon. There is no magic in the DMC universe and Dante does not have access to magic. He uses devil arms, not magical arms. Yes, Dante is a much cooler character than Superman, but that doesn't make him the winner. Seriously guys.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By e3zombie

@Chibio: Show me Superman not being hurt by demonic magic, please.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chibio
@e3zombie said:

@Chibio: Show me Superman not being hurt by demonic magic, please.

For the third time: Dante does not have access to magic. He is using demonic powers which are not magic. God does not use magic and neither does the devil. Angels don't use magic and neither do demons. They have their own special kind of power, basically angelic and demonic and Dante uses demonic powers and weapons.  As I also said it before, Dante is not a DC character, where a lot of the demons use magic. Dante is his own special case, since there basically is no magic in the DMC universe. Dante has NOTHING to harm Superman with.
e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By e3zombie

@Chibio: Show me superman shrugging off demonic powers. If not what your saying is moot.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rpottage

@SlimJ87D said:

@Epicbeast3000 said:

He can fly at FTL. What good is flying at faster than light speed if you can't control it. It's like Fighting someone and trying to fly a jet into a target over and over again. Iron Man can fly at Mach 10, doesn't mean he fights at Mach 10.

If you fly a Jet into someone, that'll do a lot of damage.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Chibio
@e3zombie said:

@Chibio: Show me superman shrugging off demonic powers. If not what your saying is moot.

Superman certainly does not have a vulnerability to demonic powers, as he has to magic powers. Superman is too durable and Dante can't harm him. That's the point. It's like Spider-Man trying to harm the Hulk. Yes, Spider-Man is strong and fast and he can overpower inferior enemies easily, but when facing the Hulk he wouldn't inflict any significant damage, simply because he is outclassed. Superman > Dante. 
A more interesting battle would have been Bayonetta VS Superman and there Bayonetta should easily have the upper hand, because she is not only using magic, but unfolding forces of strenght that are FAR beyond Supermans level.
e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By e3zombie

How can you say Superman cant be harmed by it if he has never been hit by it?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ComicStooge

With 30 minutes prep, Superman can get a magic resistance shield from Zatanna and destroy Dante.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

He has to be able to think close to it though, right? If he was able to read every book in the medical library in five minutes. And is Quicksilver moving Dante at lightspeed? I remember playing and they were still kinda moving a bit. Just incredibly slow.

He can think just fine at FTL, he fought Wonder Woman while going at speeds faster than light and has seen Barry while he was running at his top speed.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chibio
@e3zombie said:

Even if Superman never faced a regular demon before, who doesn't use magic, demonic powers are still not listed as one of his vulnerabilities, so he does not have a vulnerability to it, simply because. 

@ComicStooge said:

With 30 minutes prep, Superman can get a magic resistance shield from Zatana and destroy Dante.

*facepalm*
rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rpottage

With the massive magic argument going on here, I want to point something out: Superman is not weak to magic.

The issue with magic is simply that Superman doesn't have a resistance to it, which means magic effects him normally. However, that's not a weakness. He still has all his normal powers. If your spell shoots water at him, it doesn't hurt him because it's just water.

So the question is if you think something Dante uses is magic, what is it's actual effect. For example, the Yamato: How powerful is the sword actually? For instance: does it one-hit kill all enemies? How much damage does it do compared to other weaponry? Etc.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ComicStooge

@Chibio said:

@e3zombie said:

Even if Superman never faced a regular demon before, who doesn't use magic, demonic powers are still not listed as one of his vulnerabilities, so he does not have a vulnerability to it, simply because.

@ComicStooge said:

With 30 minutes prep, Superman can get a magic resistance shield from Zatana and destroy Dante.

*facepalm*

Huh, why the facepalm? I agree with you that Supes would win, dude.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chibio
@ComicStooge said:

@ComicStooge said:

*facepalm*

Huh, why the facepalm? I agree with you, dude.

He does not have to get a magic resistance shield from Zatanna, because Dante is not using magic. He never did and hopefully he never will (we don't know about Ninja Theory's crazy plans for Dante).
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ComicStooge

@Chibio said:

@ComicStooge said:

@ComicStooge said:

*facepalm*

Huh, why the facepalm? I agree with you, dude.

He does not have to get a magic resistance shield from Zatanna, because Dante is not using magic. He never did and hopefully he never will (we don't know about Ninja Theory's crazy plans for Dante).

Point taken.

Anyway yeah, Superman wins this easily, Dante is not on his level.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ghost_rider1
@SlimJ87D

@ghost_rider1 said:

@NeonGameWave

Superman is not FTL.

Did u seriously mean that??? Superman can move, react, and think at LIGHT speeds. He can fly from the earth to the sun in minutes.....that's definately light speed. Dante can't match that. Quicksilver, Bangle of Time, and his other feats pale in comparison. Superman would wreck dante. And I also the see the argument between demonic and magical powers. I don't think dante has magic at all. Its more demonic and its not the same thing. And if that's the case then not only can Dante NOT keep up. He also have no way to hurt him. Yamato might do some damage but he will never hit superman
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

Lol....nero doesn't punch with not even 1/99 of the strength of superman. Yes dante can take some hits....I know that. But he not taking hits from superman. And superman is FTL...do u have any idea how fast someone can move if he is fighting at FTL speed. Light travels about 186,000 miles per second. Superman can move faster than that. Dante loses
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1: I don`t believe Superman to be FTL in reflexes, combat speed or just speed but more so traveling speed and his attacks won`t actually K.O Dante as Dante has suffered much worse in regards to punishment. During his younger years he has been impaled through the chest (4-5 times) by giant swords, smashed by a demon of great strength, slashed up by Yamato which can cut through anything, hit by meteorites, impaled by demonic lasers and more. Most of that consists of Dante being in human form and Dante with a mere thought can activate Quicksilver as shown in the following DMC 3 cutscene. That`s not true most if not all of Dante`s weapons stem from magic in some kind of shape or form although they are rooted and composed of demonic energies but that doesn`t mean they don`t have a magical or mystical element. Superman is going to have more problems than Dante as his attacks are more so physical and confrontational while Dante has the more range advantage as well as versatility. Superman is going to have to get in real close if he wants to hurt Dante, as Dante alone without including his time abilities is hypersonic+ in speed, combat speed, reflexes and reaction time. Yamato would hurt Superman a lot as it can cut through anything, and the sword itself is imbued with magic as well as magical properties. Dante is going to be the one to wreck Superman not the other way around.