Superman vs. Captain America...

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

Which one would America vote for president? I mean, which one better embodies America? And don't try throwing the curve ball with, "Supes is an Alien, he wouldn't count." Shush. For the purposes of this battle, that rule has been waived. It's anyone's ball game...So, who gets the keys to the Presidential Lawnmower? Who is cleaning up Bush's mess in '08? What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Mmm... Klondike Bar... NOM NOM NOM!

I think most Americans would probably choose Captain America just because he wears a costume which has American flag print.

But for me I reckon Captain America, only because he would want to make America a better place (and bless him for doing so). Superman would probably have a "Just leave it for someone else" attitude when it comes to this presidency stuff. It doesn't seem like Superman's style to go and be president and make it a better place that way.

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Terminal Velocity

Captain America. Superman would be expected to lead the country and save the world all the time. It wouldn't be a good idea.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gottheit

Hmm...good point, on both records. Superman is more of a world champion, whereas Cap doesn't go overseas all that much...still, I think it would be a close election...I mean, after all they are both American Icons...what if the third candidate was JFK? Then who'd win?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Superman is a great hero, but Cap is a better leader, in my opinion.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lantern Prime

Captain America is the better leader! And he'll beat Supes just like he beat Thor!

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

Wow, allright...so far, Cap is taking this one...but will he take Ohio? C'mon, people, let's rock the Vote like P.Diddy says, because when I think democracy, I think of him and everyone else from MTV...Jesus Christ that was built-in stupidity...I mean, what, do they think that because a bunch of hack excuses for musicians tell us to vote, that we're suddenly going to, like, flourish and become this beautfiul golden Utopia or something?! And, the funny thing is, it doesn't even matter. We go by f-king electorial votes...Bush vs. Kerry, and Kerry won. Like, Bush got the electoral votes AND the popular vote...the first four years he was in office, all we ever heard was, "Ahh, Bush is garbage, a box of tic-tacs would be better as a leader, blah blah blah, impeach Bush, yadda yadda yadda," then comes the perfect oppourtunity to throw his ass out on the street, and what do we do? We vote for him again...it's like I've been taking crazy pills! AAAARRRRGHGHGHGHGGGHHHH!!!

But, anyway...that it?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Cap would be my choice in this hypothetical situation.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Night Thrasher

Cap would win b/c Superman is an ILLEGAL ALIEN

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spidey 15

Cap!

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By LT1085

Not a battle.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

Superman isn't the leading type. He raises morale but doesnt have what it takes to lead a country, thus sticks to calling himself the Earth's guardian, champion, etc.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc
@LT1085:
No?  How about a contest then?   

This is a hypothetical election.  As such it has at least two opponents running for office trying to win the majority of votes and hence defeat their opponent(s).  Elections have one opponent vs another opponent quite often and sometimes even more than that.  It seems reasonable to call it a "battle" IMO.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jojjimbo

cap.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By progenitorigin

Cap, but of course.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FinalStar86

Supes, Cap should stick to being a soldier, Supes is a lot smarter then Cap is.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spiderguylll
@Night Thrasher said:
" Cap would win b/c Superman is an ILLEGAL ALIEN "
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" Supes, Cap should stick to being a soldier, Supes is a lot smarter then Cap is. "
But is Supes as tactically savvy. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Mercy_
@PowerHerc: Sorry, still not a battle.  
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By supermandefender
@Night Thrasher: lol yeah.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FinalStar86
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" Supes, Cap should stick to being a soldier, Supes is a lot smarter then Cap is. "
But is Supes as tactically savvy.  "
No, that is why Cap would be better as a soldier while Supes handled the political BS
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
But is Supes as tactically savvy.  "
No, that is why Cap would be better as a soldier while Supes handled the political BS "
Yeah, but I was thinking. Superman is stronger, faster, etc. So you would want him defending Earth, while Cap does the political stuff. I mean a president should be tactically savvy with war and other stuff in which Cap has the edge.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Freefa11

Cap has a pretty distinguished military career, which tends to count for a lot in presidential elections. I also think people might be concerned about Superman's abilities making him clearly more than human and harder to relate to. A lot of people like the idea of a president who can still see the world from the perspective of the "little guy," which is why candidates coming from humble origins tend to mention it a lot, whereas rich-kid candidates never talk about how well off they were they're whole lives. Superman, despite his country upbringing, is basically a god compared to normal people, and any claims to being just one of the guys are going to sound incredibly pretentious. Cap, despite the SS serum, is still clearly a normal human being, with normal human abilities, vulnerabilities, and concerns. 

One strike against Cap though, is he's single (as far as I'm aware). Americans seem to like family men. Of course, if we're talking Supes and not Clark Kent, then nobody would be able to know about Superman's wife either. But then, that brings up another issue; Superman has a very hidden life that people are going to want to know about. I think most people probably figure his real name isn't "Superman," and they'll probably want to know who he is before they actually give him control of the country. 

Oh, and sad to say, but intelligence doesn't count for beans in American presidential elections.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#24  Edited By Deadcool

The Cap...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for gokuisstrongest
GokuIsStrongest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like people would vote for Supes out of fear

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you kidding these guys are far to honest to be our president lol but cap would likely win because he would have more of the republican vote and just as much of the left as supes because superman denounced his american citizenship actually i think that pretty much gives this to cap anyways and because he was illegal technically

Avatar image for deactivated-628bf954919c4
deactivated-628bf954919c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap all the way.