User Lists: 0

Could go either Way, Leaning towards Bill

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

New-52 superman loses. You need post-crisis superman.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedblitz

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill curbs.

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ Bill curbing.

Superman still wins. Now if it was rebirth only . . .

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ye, cos superman totally doesnt get twoshotted by bill. He totally has planet level durability and planetary+ damage output to put him down. My god do we lowball every character so superman can win?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if this has been done before?

Bill wins, not a stomp tho

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: How is Bill winning at all? Superman is superior in almost ever way.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TheKinfing

@kevd4wg: Care to make an argument for Bill winning?

@kalkent said:

New-52 superman loses. You need post-crisis superman.

Post-Flashpoint can also do it, honestly. He simply doesn't do it as decisively.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, it's pretty close.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdgeLord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill kills him.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill probably takes this version of Superman.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill.

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman oneshoot

Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill got this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Horse Face

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes 9/10

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so Superman wrecks Thor, but Bill, who is at best equal to Thor and at worst inferior, stomps him? What?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Superman oneshoot

Holding the weight of a planet doesn't relate to fighting as it's why the world strongest men would lose in MMA against any heavyweight fighter as it's two different skill sets, I will say it could do either way but i do favour Bill since he has greater striking feats.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lil_remains said:

@kevd4wg: How is Bill winning at all? Superman is superior in almost ever way.

The main problem with Thor vs Superman is Thor's sucky speed, which Bill actually doesn't have. Especially post-flashpoint, I honestly don't see how Superman has a speed advantage, particularly based off his showing against Silver Surfer in hyperspace in Beta Ray Bill: Gohunter #2. Bill also has superior striking and bullrushes(which he uses in combat), like how he destroyed the planetoid/planet against Stardust in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #3. His durability is pretty insane, tanking a planetary bullrush and the resulting explosion in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #4, means Superman will have quite a time putting him down. Post-Flash point Superman's best striking feat afaik is shaking the Earth and the watch tower. For reference when the Tsar Bomba was set off a good bit in the air it sent 5.0 earthquakes across the world, the watchtower feat makes it more impressive, but how much so? Idrk, I doubt it comes close to continent lvl tbh, much less moon or planetoid level. Overall I think Bill has the speed to keep up, the durability to tank hits, and the striking to put him down. Superman has a solid edge in lifting strength, but we've seen Bill use Stormbreaker to knock opponents out of a grappling match in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #3. Other then lifting strength, I don't see any major advantages for Superman, especially post-flashpoint.

@kevd4wg: Care to make an argument for Bill winning?

See above

@mega6382 said:

@thekinfing: @kevd4wg: how about a CaV between you two? For Bill vs Clark?

There's already a Bill vs Post-Crisis Clark going on right now so I wouldn't want to duplicate that, tho in the future I would be open to debating Kinfing for sure.

@toratorn said:

Wait, so Superman wrecks Thor, but Bill, who is at best equal to Thor and at worst inferior, stomps him? What?

Thor is slow as hell, Bill isn't

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d back Superman. Rebirth Superman is unimpressive in many areas, but speed isn’t one of them. He can use this speed and vastly superior strength to defeat Bill.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: yeah, and that's why Bill regularly blitzes Thor and characters who Thor can't blitz. Oh wait. That's not what happens at all.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Cause Bill isn’t Superman he doesn’t abuse his speed to blitz people(beyond bullrushes), but not blitzing doesn’t make a character not fast or Silver Surfer is not fast.

He’s not going to blitz Superman but he’ll keep up with him fine whereas Thor can’t do that at all

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@toratorn: Cause Bill isn’t Superman he doesn’t abuse his speed to blitz people(beyond bullrushes), but not blitzing doesn’t make a character not fast or Silver Surfer is not fast.

He’s not going to blitz Superman but he’ll keep up with him fine whereas Thor can’t do that at all

Exactly the same thing could be said about Thor. And besides, the "doesn't blitz" argument is a cop-out. Perfomances against same opponents (and each other) show them as peers. So either Bill is as slow as Thor, or Thor is as fast as Bill. Pick your poison.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might go either way, probably Bill has slight edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill for the majority--Nobody stomps

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post-crisis and New 52 Superman>>> Bill. Rebirth Superman <<<< Bill

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: That hyperspace instance has almost no relevance. That’s travel speed.

I honestly haven’t seen anything to suggest Bill is faster than Thor in combat speed. Neither of them ever had any trouble tagging each other, and Bill doesn’t use planet level bullrushes in combat.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Superman, only reason why is due to his speed advantage, its the key to him winning.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheKinfing

@kevd4wg:

I honestly don't see how Superman has a speed advantage, particularly based off his showing against Silver Surfer in hyperspace in Beta Ray Bill: Gohunter #2.

This is the only good combat speed showing for Bill that I have seen and it seems rather inconsistent, and the fact that it could be argue that it's travel speed rather than combat speed doesn't really help. For a character with as many appearances as Beta Ray Bill I haven't seen anything as simple as something like this or this. Let alone something such blitzing Wraith through the Moon on matter of seconds or fighting from the Moon back to the Himalayas in the span of two pages. His reactions and perceptions seem phenomenal, but his combat speed is subpar.

Bill also has superior striking and bullrushes(which he uses in combat), like how he destroyed the planetoid/planet against Stardust in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #3.

Aside from that battle, has Bill ever destroyed a Celestial Object with a bullrush? Not to mention that Bill was bloodlusted during that fight.

His durability is pretty insane, tanking a planetary bullrush and the resulting explosion in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #4, means Superman will have quite a time putting him down.

I mean, that isn't false, but Bill has been hurted by much less on more than one occassion, I don't wanna scan spam but I'm sure that it doesn't take planet level attacks to hurt him.

Post-Flash point Superman's best striking feat afaik is shaking the Earth and the watch tower. For reference when the Tsar Bomba was set off a good bit in the air it sent 5.0 earthquakes across the world, the watchtower feat makes it more impressive, but how much so? Idrk, I doubt it comes close to continent lvl tbh, much less moon or planetoid level.

I have seen this argument been pushed around alot as of recently, I still don't get why. Dr. Shay stated that Superman was producing more energy while fighting H'el that he did while Bench-Pressing the weight of the Earth during 5 days. It's factually wrong to claim it ''doesn't even come close'' to Continental. So unless where are going to start arguing that lifting the Earth takes a considerable less amount of energy than a 50 Megaton nuke then I would suggest to drop this argument.

Overall I think Bill has the speed to keep up, the durability to tank hits, and the striking to put him down. Superman has a solid edge in lifting strength, but we've seen Bill use Stormbreaker to knock opponents out of a grappling match in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #3.

We have also see him been overpowered on a contest of strength by character who are well below Superman, such as Thor.

Other then lifting strength, I don't see any major advantages for Superman, especially post-flashpoint.

Lifting plays a huge part in a battle, especially when the difference between both sides is as noticeable as it's here. Just look at Unworthy Thor vs Bill most recent battle during Unworthy Thor #3. Odinson managed to choke Bill with just one hand and the latter look rather helpless to escape, now imagine what someone who's well above Thor can do if he gets Bill on a chokehold?

No Caption Provided

And while I'm aware Bill wasn't there with the intentions to fight that doesn't mean that he couldn't have defended himself.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mega6382 said:

@thekinfing: @kevd4wg: how about a CaV between you two? For Bill vs Clark?

I would be down from this on a couple of months. With purely Post-Flashpoint feats it should be a good fight.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything revolving around supes involves the opponents feats being less impressive just because its superman. Had the shoe been on the other foot knifing would be screaming about the planet level durability he needs to take hits from clark, now its like they don't matter.

Not that Im intruding here.....im just saying the 'debating' here isnt good.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how well Superman uses his speed tbh.

Post Crisis and New 52 would have a far easier time than the weak rebirth Superman.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor223: You do know lifting & striking strength are two different things right?

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

Exactly the same thing could be said about Thor. And besides, the "doesn't blitz" argument is a cop-out. Perfomances against same opponents (and each other) show them as peers. So either Bill is as slow as Thor, or Thor is as fast as Bill. Pick your poison.

Um, no. That's not how things work, Thor tagged Silver Surfer, that doesn't make him as fast as Norrin or Norrin as slow as him. Another example, the Thing has kicked a rock at Norrin out of a bullrush, doesn't make Thing as fast as Norrin or Norrin as slow as Ben. Bill is not Superman, he doesn't dodge blows or anything, he simply can use his speed to keep up with faster opponents.

Plus, being on similar levels of power doesn't mean you can't have advantages and disadvantages. For example, imo, Bill is faster and has better striking, but Thor has better storm/lightning manip. Furthermore, unlike Thor, Bill doesn't get humiliated by street levelers who comment on how slow he is.

@kevd4wg: That hyperspace instance has almost no relevance. That’s travel speed.

I honestly haven’t seen anything to suggest Bill is faster than Thor in combat speed. Neither of them ever had any trouble tagging each other, and Bill doesn’t use planet level bullrushes in combat.

Firstly, what do you mean it has almost no relevance. Other then the fact he swatted Norrin out of his FTL bullrush and then proceeded to hit him again before his stopped momentum could pull him out of Bill's reach, Bill also reacted twice to Surfer's solidly FTL(in this instance) bullrush. At the very least it's FTL reaction, but it's also a great combat speed feat as well.

Other then that Bill has feats like doing hours of work along with Quasar and Surfer within a millisecond in cosmic powers unlimited #4, that's way faster then Thor will ever be, same with feats like getting Azeroth in a grapple before Stardust hit them with a likely FTL bullrush or him weaving through lazers coming out of FTL speeds(albeit clipped by one of them), Thor simply can't replicate those.

And Bill does use bullrushes in combat, like against Stardust in combat. I mean tbf it's kinda hard to judge exactly what is in character for Bill in combat since he doesn't have a lot of "in combat" showings, especially against opponents near his level(Where a bullrush would be useful) and with stormbreaker, but he has used speed and his travel speed in combat multiple other times

1. Uses a bullrush on Galactus(Stormbreaker 1)
  2. Uses his travel speed in combination with a strike against galactus(Stormbreaker 1)
  3. Bullrushes through a ship(Godhunter 1)
  4. -5. Uses a combination of combat speed and travel speed to drop on top of stardust to gain the upper hand(Godhunter 1)

Literally by skimming 2 issues I found 4 examples of him using travel speed to attack, that's pretty consistent. I can think of at least one other as well and I'm sure there's more out there.

@thekinfing

This is the only good combat speed showing for Bill that I have seen and it seems rather inconsistent, and the fact that it could be argue that it's travel speed rather than combat speed doesn't really help. For a character with as many appearances as Beta Ray Bill I haven't seen anything as simple as something like this or this. Let alone something such blitzing Wraith through the Moon on matter of seconds or fighting from the Moon back to the Himalayas in the span of two pages. His reactions and perceptions seem phenomenal, but his combat speed is subpar.

He actually does have a showing like that against Stardust which I showed above, but really he doesn't need to blitz in character, that's not what makes a character fast. Silver Surfer doesn't fight like that at all, Spider-man has more showings of fighting like that, but in combat speed, Surfer is unequivocally faster. I'm not really sure why the showing is inconsistent, Bill is consistently much faster then Thor based on his standalone feats, like the one I referenced above in Cosmic Powers Unlimited 4 where he did hours of work alongside Surfer and Quasar within a millisecond

Aside from that battle, has Bill ever destroyed a Celestial Object with a bullrush? Not to mention that Bill was bloodlusted during that fight.

Um what? That's such a specific thing to ask. Bill legitimately has about 1/4, closer to 1/5 or less the appearances that Post-Flashpoint Superman does and in most of those he doesn't do much of anything so I bet if we compare celestial object destroying to appearance ratio, Bill would have more. I mean, if you want to say this is inconsistent, that means you have to show 10 feats for Superman to prove he is consistent as well. Plus this striking is backed up by feats like cracking Galactus's armor in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill #1 or Two-Shotting Pre-Annihilation Silver Surfer with an ambush in Warlock Chronicles #7.

As for the bloodlust, Bill isn't exactly a super Morals based character, he's not the type to hold back so "bloodlust" doesn't actually mean a whole lot. It's not like Bill was too overly "bloodlusted" either as he worked with Stardust in the next issue without problems. He was far more bloodlusted against Omega Ray for example

I mean, that isn't false, but Bill has been hurted by much less on more than one occassion, I don't wanna scan spam but I'm sure that it doesn't take planet level attacks to hurt him.

I'll be happy to see Bill getting hurt by much less. I'm interested as to what you'll mention. I mean, considering that Bill has also gone through a beating from Blood and Thunder Thor

Thor 461

And I mean, the next time we see Bill he's roughed up, but he also goes on to fight Tyrant. This is a Thor who was massively amped in strength(and speed before you say Bill got blitzed) to the point he could even beat up Power Gem Classic Drax. Then there's feats like in Godhunter #1, where he basically no-sold a planet blowing up under him

No Caption Provided

So I'll be very interested to see how this is inconsistent. I can think of a few instances you might bring up, but I'm interested to see overall.

I have seen this argument been pushed around alot as of recently, I still don't get why. Dr. Shay stated that Superman was producing more energy while fighting H'el that he did while Bench-Pressing the weight of the Earth during 5 days. It's factually wrong to claim it ''doesn't even come close'' to Continental. So unless where are going to start arguing that lifting the Earth takes a considerable less amount of energy than a 50 Megaton nuke then I would suggest to drop this argument.

And quite frankly, that's PIS. I mean, bench pressing the weight of the earth for 5 days is an insane amount of force. If Superman was actually hitting with more force then that, he should've popped the planet into dust easily. It's quite obvious that he didn't, I'll stick with what he actually did >> a statement about his force.

Lifting plays a huge part in a battle, especially when the difference between both sides is as noticeable as it's here. Just look at Unworthy Thor vs Bill most recent battle during Unworthy Thor #3. Odinson managed to choke Bill with just one hand and the latter look rather helpless to escape, now imagine what someone who's well above Thor can do if he gets Bill on a chokehold?

I know it's a bit of a cop out, but it's worth noting this issue was written by Jason Aaron, a writer whose inconsistency is only rivaled by Donny Cates. I mean we've seen pre-Stormbreaker Bill match Thor equally in strength before this in Thor #337

No Caption Provided

Secondly, Thor was basically mad and using all his strength against Bill, while in a very favorable position to do so, while Bill, holding back and in an unfavorable position couldn't get it undone. You found 1 fight of Bill being taken off guard by an ally and overpowered, yet we have another example of how Bill deals with physically superior enemies against Stardust in Stormbreaker #3

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Bill, Thor are really inconsistent. Some authors nerfs them and some overpowers them.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: Maybe im missinterpretating you, but do you think Rebirth would beat Bill in a tough fight?

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lordflawlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way in hell Bill is beating Superman

Full powered all out thor > bill

so where's this bill argument coming from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordflawlez:

Full powered all out thor > bill

try and back that up, also Blood & Thunder Thor was a different beast than Normal Thor and Bill wasn't even fighting back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

He actually does have a showing like that against Stardust which I showed above, but really he doesn't need to blitz in character, that's not what makes a character fast. Silver Surfer doesn't fight like that at all, Spider-man has more showings of fighting like that, but in combat speed, Surfer is unequivocally faster. I

Spiderman is agile and has super agile reflexes. I know Surfer and Bill both are fast they are overall much faster than a lot of characters. But they don't do speedster evasion, speedster type blitzing, because they are not intelligent speed users rely on bullrsuhes etc. Even post-crisis Superman was not a good speedblitzed he has developed that slowly. Over the years.

Think about it this way, all humans have good reactions but If I train you for combat your speed and your agility, reflexes will go up a notch. Supermans is not a normal person so his increase is substantial. Bill does not perform fights where he uses his speed to dodge his opponents hits and then blitz him using reflexes and end the fight quickly. Though he has other things like bullrushing and tagging with stormbreaker.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kevd4wg

@empressofdread:I've talked to you about this multiple times. Bill and Surfer don't use their speed exactly the same as Superman, why should they? And sure, Superman might be better at using speed(He's one of the best at actually using it), but it doesn't mean Bill and Surfer are bad or "not intelligent" speed users because they do it in different ways. There's different ways to use speed other then the Superman style blitz, for example Bill uses his combat speed to fight at high speeds(mid bullrush for example) or to land a few consecutive hits on opponents. He doesn't dodge attacks like Superman, he's far more likely to block it with his hammer or tank it and keep hitting people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Everyone is different, I just think Supermans uses is better. But I am talking about post-crisis Superman this Superman doesn't use his speed half as good as in post-crisis. I give Bill the majority but a good fight nonetheless.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: I do agree that Superman uses his speed better, I just don't think it's fair to say they don't use it the same so they're "not intelligent"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Thor was in Warriors Madness as per the exact scan and you could argue an uru arm around your neck is a lot harder to budge than Thor's normal arm especially when you're trying not to fight back.