• 131 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for sesaw
#1 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins this.

Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#2 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"who wins this."


Superman curbstomp.
Avatar image for supertrooper117
#3 Posted by supertrooper117 (1865 posts) - - Show Bio

if the hulk suposedly cant beat supes how the hell is abomination going to do it

Avatar image for vrakmul
#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet monkey Jesus, abomination has less than a thousandth of superman's strength. 

Overkill!

Avatar image for zee_crusher
#5 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes wins here.

Dreadnaught said:

"Sweet monkey Jesus, abomination has less than a thousandth of superman's strength. 

Overkill!
"
Thats not true if Abomination is twice as strong as hulk well the old one was and hulk can lift and excess of 100 tons that means abomination is some where probably stronger or just a little weaker then superman. I say a little weaker cause Thor layed him out with one punch one time

Avatar image for the_creator
#6 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily.

Between the massively strength, speed, durability, flight and heat vision, it's very one sided.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#7 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42312 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"who wins this."

SUPERMAN
Avatar image for sesaw
#8 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes could maybe win this but this is a match for Supes hed have to pull out all stops though cuz I belive Abomination is stronger than current Supes

Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#9 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Supes could maybe win this but this is a match for Supes hed have to pull out all stops though cuz I belive Abomination is stronger than current Supes"

No he isnot. Current superman is stronger than current abomination.
Avatar image for sesaw
#10 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess he would be cuz Abomination is dead. OOPs did you even know that.

Avatar image for supertrooper117
#11 Posted by supertrooper117 (1865 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt aultrra use to beat on supes i think abomination was stronger than him

Avatar image for vance_astro
#12 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.Curbstomp.

Moderator
Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#13 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Well I guess he would be cuz Abomination is dead. OOPs did you even know that."

Not because of that current abomination would not stand a chance a aganist any of superman enemies.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#14 Posted by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman would blow Abomination's ass off the map  !
Avatar image for desilation
#15 Posted by Desilation (14325 posts) - - Show Bio

if superman can kick Baines ass he can kick Abomination's

Avatar image for vance_astro
#16 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"

if superman can kick Baines ass he can kick Abomination's

"

I don't know who Baine is so i'm going to assume you meant Bane.Anyway,Bane is a push-over compared to Abomination.
Moderator
Avatar image for sesaw
#17 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry but if you look at feats current Supes( not PC) and Hulk are about even Hulk might even have a slight edge, so you have to at least compare an arch rival of Hulks who is actually stronger than base level Hulk as a challenge to Superman its just Logic. You can't just say he will quickly annihilate the guy just because hes Supes when Supes has had problems with lesser characters I admit Supes would probably win but its gonna be close.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#18 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Im sorry but if you look at feats current Supes( not PC) and Hulk are about even Hulk might even have a slight edge, so you have to at least compare an arch rival of Hulks who is actually stronger than base level Hulk as a challenge to Superman its just Logic. You can't just say he will quickly annihilate the guy just because hes Supes when Supes has had problems with lesser characters I admit Supes would probably win but its gonna be close."
Stop making up stuff up.Hulk's feats are nowhere near Superman's...this is the fanboyism i'm talking about.The Hulk has 0 edge what so ever.The Hulk couldn't even touch Superman.
Moderator
Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#19 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Im sorry but if you look at feats current Supes( not PC) and Hulk are about even Hulk might even have a slight edge, so you have to at least compare an arch rival of Hulks who is actually stronger than base level Hulk as a challenge to Superman its just Logic. You can't just say he will quickly annihilate the guy just because hes Supes when Supes has had problems with lesser characters I admit Supes would probably win but its gonna be close."
caption
caption




















Avatar image for forever
#20 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Im sorry but if you look at feats current Supes( not PC) and Hulk are about even Hulk might even have a slight edge, so you have to at least compare an arch rival of Hulks who is actually stronger than base level Hulk as a challenge to Superman its just Logic. You can't just say he will quickly annihilate the guy just because hes Supes when Supes has had problems with lesser characters I admit Supes would probably win but its gonna be close."

Youre oversimplifying the fight.  Even if their strength was on the same level, which it is not, or Abomination was actually stronger than Superman, would that mean that Abomination would put up a good fight?  Have you taken all of Superman's powers into account?  Have you read those comics where he actually fights at superhuman speeds?
Avatar image for sesaw
#21 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry.

Avatar image for hedatary
#22 Posted by Hedatary (3820 posts) - - Show Bio

i need coffee for this site. I have a feeling today is gonna be fun filled activity....

Avatar image for venom_hybrid
#23 Posted by venom hybrid (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure DD has superspeed

Avatar image for vance_astro
#24 Edited by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
venom hybrid said:
"I'm pretty sure DD has superspeed"

Daredevil?
Moderator
Avatar image for sparda
#25 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please put an end to this? It isn't going anywhere.

Avatar image for venom_hybrid
#26 Edited by venom hybrid (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I just remember someone saying he had the speed to keep up with supes so i assumed that meant he had superspeed

Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#27 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"i need coffee for this site. I have a feeling today is gonna be fun filled activity....
"

You cant even imagine fanboys are over pollulating today!
Avatar image for korg
#28 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

As has been pointed out, in this thread, and a few others, Superman would have little to no trouble taking Abomination out. The guy moves planets. He moves at speeds close to the speed of light. One punch at that speed would rend Abomination. He would probably explode into pieces.

Avatar image for forever
#29 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry."

Dont say youre sorry.  There's no animosity.  If I show you another way to think about the fight or you show me another way to think about it, its nothing personal.

Take into account that every fight you are talking about is in a comic book that has the express purpose of being entertaining so that more comic books can be sold.  Given that knowledge, Superman would not fight in any style or manner that would allow him to easily defeat his opponents.

Superman has been shown to lift pyramids, aircraft carriers, and to assisst in moving a moon.  None of these others have strength feats like that, yet they stand toe to toe with Superman.  Is that because they have the strength and durability that matches his or is it because he is downplayed by the writers for the sake of the fight?  What do you make of the fact that whenever Grundy shows up in Batman's comic that the two of them fight to a standstill and Grundy's strength isnt anywhere near as pronounced as when Superman fights him?  What do you make of the fact that when Superman thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that he has harmed Lois, that Superman goes all out, pummeling Batman with blows that he thinks will hurt Darkseid, yet somehow Batman survives?  Anyone who could lift even one ton over his head could turn Batman into a bloody smear with one punch, so how is it that Batman survives that fight?   Because its all for entertainment.

You have to be able to look at what happens in the comics with a discerning eye and figure out from that whether this fight would logically go that way or not.  Superman has the superspeed to not allow Abomination to even get one punch in.  So fighting logically, he would end the fight before it even starts.
Avatar image for sesaw
#30 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

No he wont you tellin me one punch from Supes can explode Abomination. Well gues what he never did that before NEVER so why would he just be able to do it to a super tough character as Abomination. And current Supes can't pull planets by himself he needed 4 other Justice league members to struggle pulling the moon. 

Avatar image for king_saturn
#31 Posted by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"SeSAW said:
"Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry."

Dont say youre sorry.  There's no animosity.  If I show you another way to think about the fight or you show me another way to think about it, its nothing personal.

Take into account that every fight you are talking about is in a comic book that has the express purpose of being entertaining so that more comic books can be sold.  Given that knowledge, Superman would not fight in any style or manner that would allow him to easily defeat his opponents.

Superman has been shown to lift pyramids, aircraft carriers, and to assisst in moving a moon.  None of these others have strength feats like that, yet they stand toe to toe with Superman.  Is that because they have the strength and durability that matches his or is it because he is downplayed by the writers for the sake of the fight?  What do you make of the fact that whenever Grundy shows up in Batman's comic that the two of them fight to a standstill and Grundy's strength isnt anywhere near as pronounced as when Superman fights him?  What do you make of the fact that when Superman thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that he has harmed Lois, that Superman goes all out, pummeling Batman with blows that he thinks will hurt Darkseid, yet somehow Batman survives?  Anyone who could lift even one ton over his head could turn Batman into a bloody smear with one punch, so how is it that Batman survives that fight?   Because its all for entertainment.

You have to be able to look at what happens in the comics with a discerning eye and figure out from that whether this fight would logically go that way or not.  Superman has the superspeed to not allow Abomination to even get one punch in.  So fighting logically, he would end the fight before it even starts."
Wow.  Thats the most Beautiful piece of information I have read all day

lol
Avatar image for korg
#32 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't fight like that because it wouldn't sell comics. There are no writers in this fight. There is no plot. There is no reason for Superman to hold back. He could, and would, dismantle Abomination in under a second.

Avatar image for hedatary
#33 Posted by Hedatary (3820 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Forever said:
"SeSAW said:
"Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry."

Dont say youre sorry.  There's no animosity.  If I show you another way to think about the fight or you show me another way to think about it, its nothing personal.

Take into account that every fight you are talking about is in a comic book that has the express purpose of being entertaining so that more comic books can be sold.  Given that knowledge, Superman would not fight in any style or manner that would allow him to easily defeat his opponents.

Superman has been shown to lift pyramids, aircraft carriers, and to assisst in moving a moon.  None of these others have strength feats like that, yet they stand toe to toe with Superman.  Is that because they have the strength and durability that matches his or is it because he is downplayed by the writers for the sake of the fight?  What do you make of the fact that whenever Grundy shows up in Batman's comic that the two of them fight to a standstill and Grundy's strength isnt anywhere near as pronounced as when Superman fights him?  What do you make of the fact that when Superman thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that he has harmed Lois, that Superman goes all out, pummeling Batman with blows that he thinks will hurt Darkseid, yet somehow Batman survives?  Anyone who could lift even one ton over his head could turn Batman into a bloody smear with one punch, so how is it that Batman survives that fight?   Because its all for entertainment.

You have to be able to look at what happens in the comics with a discerning eye and figure out from that whether this fight would logically go that way or not.  Superman has the superspeed to not allow Abomination to even get one punch in.  So fighting logically, he would end the fight before it even starts."
Wow.  Thats the most Beautiful piece of information I have read all day

lol
"


....Thats common sense.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#34 Posted by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Forever said:
"SeSAW said:
"Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry."

Dont say youre sorry.  There's no animosity.  If I show you another way to think about the fight or you show me another way to think about it, its nothing personal.

Take into account that every fight you are talking about is in a comic book that has the express purpose of being entertaining so that more comic books can be sold.  Given that knowledge, Superman would not fight in any style or manner that would allow him to easily defeat his opponents.

Superman has been shown to lift pyramids, aircraft carriers, and to assisst in moving a moon.  None of these others have strength feats like that, yet they stand toe to toe with Superman.  Is that because they have the strength and durability that matches his or is it because he is downplayed by the writers for the sake of the fight?  What do you make of the fact that whenever Grundy shows up in Batman's comic that the two of them fight to a standstill and Grundy's strength isnt anywhere near as pronounced as when Superman fights him?  What do you make of the fact that when Superman thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that he has harmed Lois, that Superman goes all out, pummeling Batman with blows that he thinks will hurt Darkseid, yet somehow Batman survives?  Anyone who could lift even one ton over his head could turn Batman into a bloody smear with one punch, so how is it that Batman survives that fight?   Because its all for entertainment.

You have to be able to look at what happens in the comics with a discerning eye and figure out from that whether this fight would logically go that way or not.  Superman has the superspeed to not allow Abomination to even get one punch in.  So fighting logically, he would end the fight before it even starts."
Wow.  Thats the most Beautiful piece of information I have read all day

lol
"


....Thats common sense.
"
True.  But everyone does not use Common Sense

lol
Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#35 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
















































Avatar image for korg
#36 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

See that? Savage Hulk totally mangled Superman in those 4 panels. Wait, no... that's not what happened at all, is it?

Avatar image for sesaw
#37 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Your constant use of cross overs brainiac 1.0 said:

"
caption
caption
















































"
Your constant use of the same cross over makes me think you are slow or something.You know that is one half of the fight and cross over are CANNON.
Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#38 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Your constant use of cross overs brainiac 1.0 said:
"
caption
caption
















































"
Your constant use of the same cross over makes me think you are slow or something.You know that is one half of the fight and cross over are CANNON.
"
What the hell am I suppose to use one is in dc another is in marvel.
Avatar image for sparda
#39 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 1.0 said:
"SeSAW said:
"Your constant use of cross overs brainiac 1.0 said:
"
caption
caption
















































"
Your constant use of the same cross over makes me think you are slow or something.You know that is one half of the fight and cross over are CANNON.
"
What the hell am I suppose to use one is in dc another is in marvel.
"
Just....leave it alone. It's not worth arguing with him. The win has already been recorded in the Re-Cap thread as a win for Superman....just let it be.
Avatar image for zee_crusher
#40 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"SeSAW said:
"Yes I have and Supes fights brawlers like he is a brawler himself, he always fight Mongul, Grundy, and Doomsday this way so that is the way he would fight Abomination. And Doomsday don't have no superspeed but he killed Supes sorry."

Dont say youre sorry.  There's no animosity.  If I show you another way to think about the fight or you show me another way to think about it, its nothing personal.

Take into account that every fight you are talking about is in a comic book that has the express purpose of being entertaining so that more comic books can be sold.  Given that knowledge, Superman would not fight in any style or manner that would allow him to easily defeat his opponents.

Superman has been shown to lift pyramids, aircraft carriers, and to assisst in moving a moon.  None of these others have strength feats like that, yet they stand toe to toe with Superman.  Is that because they have the strength and durability that matches his or is it because he is downplayed by the writers for the sake of the fight?  What do you make of the fact that whenever Grundy shows up in Batman's comic that the two of them fight to a standstill and Grundy's strength isnt anywhere near as pronounced as when Superman fights him?  What do you make of the fact that when Superman thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that he has harmed Lois, that Superman goes all out, pummeling Batman with blows that he thinks will hurt Darkseid, yet somehow Batman survives?  Anyone who could lift even one ton over his head could turn Batman into a bloody smear with one punch, so how is it that Batman survives that fight?   Because its all for entertainment.

You have to be able to look at what happens in the comics with a discerning eye and figure out from that whether this fight would logically go that way or not.  Superman has the superspeed to not allow Abomination to even get one punch in.  So fighting logically, he would end the fight before it even starts."

Not going against you but bad guys don't usually lift pyraminds and push planets. Its kind of dumb to them since they are to busy fighting a hero. Surtur destroyed a galaxy but still its surtur he can do that. DC has already stated doomsday was stronger then superman. One time mongoul was to till krypto almost killed him lol.

Also superman does try to fight in a style or manner that would help him defeat his opponents. Which is why he tried to take down doomsday the second time and lost again.

As for this fight superman would win cause abomination sucks when it comes to taking hits. However his hits them selves can be devastating as well even to superman.
Avatar image for forever
#41 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Not going against you but bad guys don't usually lift pyraminds and push planets. Its kind of dumb to them since they are to busy fighting a hero. Surtur destroyed a galaxy but still its surtur he can do that. DC has already stated doomsday was stronger then superman. One time mongoul was to till krypto almost killed him lol.

Also superman does try to fight in a style or manner that would help him defeat his opponents. Which is why he tried to take down doomsday the second time and lost again.

As for this fight superman would win cause abomination sucks when it comes to taking hits. However his hits them selves can be devastating as well even to superman."

That first point is an excellent one Zee.  In fact I've made that point myself.  There is often very little evidence of a villain's strength levels and very often there is little reason for them to display high end strength feats.  However, if you wanted to showcase the strength of the character (which is usually the reason that strength feats are done for heroes) you could very easily do so, and for good reason in the story.

Why wouldn't this super strong villain pick up a super tanker and throw it at a city?  Clearly it would explode or at least catch fire upon landing and spread death and chaos throughout the city.  Or, at least you get Superman or whoever the hero of the day is, to catch it, buying you time to get away.

Why not lift a mountain?  Actually why would anyone ever need to lift a mountain?  A lot of the feats are rather pointless in and of themselves.  But let's take Hulk in Secret Wars having a mountain range dropped on top of him and his team, and having to hold up only that amount of rock and soil that was directly above their heads.  That could be 150 million tons, but anyone arguing that the 150 millions tons was the entire mountain range and Hulk was balancing it over their heads is clearly making a huge error in logic.  But I digress.  Hulk had a mountain range dropped on top of him by the Molecule Man.  Could a few X-Men telekinetics ban together and try to slow down the Juggernaut by doing something similar?  Maybe only a mountain?  Could a villain fight another villain on some deserted planet and we get to see their true strength levels with just as ridiculous feats as this Hulk feat?  I think that the writers can clearly display strength feats for villains as well as for heroes without sacrificing plot or stealing the limelight from the hero.  You can even make the battle look more dangerous if the hero has to fight someone who has the strength to do one of the things I have listed above.

Your second point is not truly counter to mine.  My point was that the writers constrain Superman's (and other heroes') actions for sake of plot.  Clearly they fight in a style or manner that would allow them to win the fight, but that style and manner lies squarely within the constraints imposed on them by the writers.  Otherwise, as has been often stated, you would see a Superman or Flash comic end in one page or less.  Superman is displayed using his super speed often enough.  Why is it that he so seldom uses it in a fight?  Because that would make winning that fight far too easy for him and that would make a boring comic, which would hurt sales.

I dont necessarily disagree with your last point.  Superman would win this fight, even if we ignored his superspeed and heat vision.  He is more than strong enough to pummel Abomination into submission and you are right that Abomination's durability would not be enough to protect him from Superman's attacks for long.  I also believe that Abomination is strong enough to hurt Superman, though I dont think he can hurt him enough to ever pose a serious threat in this battle.
Avatar image for sesaw
#42 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said Supes wins a close match

Avatar image for supertrooper117
#43 Edited by supertrooper117 (1865 posts) - - Show Bio

from: forever
our second point is not truly counter to mine.  My point was that the writers constrain Superman's (and other heroes') actions for sake of plot.  Clearly they fight in a style or manner that would allow them to win the fight, but that style and manner lies squarely within the constraints imposed on them by the writers.  Otherwise, as has been often stated, you would see a Superman or Flash comic end in one page or less.  Superman is displayed using his super speed often enough.  Why is it that he so seldom uses it in a fight?  Because that would make winning that fight far too easy for him and that would make a boring comic, which would hurt sales.

now see if we use this premise for every fight then anyone with the power of cosmic or something like that should win every fight bec. they can turn the most dangerous foe into a puppy but when it comes to that level of non conformation battles would tend to be boring so we cant always take all restraint away from a character simply bec. we took the characters out of the comic book context

Avatar image for brainiac_1_0
#44 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Like I said Supes wins a close match"

Superman curbstomp.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#45 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 1.0 said:
"SeSAW said:
"Like I said Supes wins a close match"

Superman curbstomp."

Moderator
Avatar image for forever
#46 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"now see if we use this premise for every fight then anyone with the power of cosmic or something like that should win every fight bec. they can turn the most dangerous foe into a puppy but when it comes to that level of non conformation battles would tend to be boring so we cant always take all restraint away from a character simply bec. we took the characters out of the comic book context"
Why not?  This is the point of the discussion.  To determine who would truly win the fight.  If you limit Superman to not using his super speed, then youre not getting an accurate depiction of whether he would win the fight or not.  Removing the extremely high end showings is fine, but any power that's use is fairly routine (if not day to day) should be allowed for the character to get a true understanding of how they would fair in the battle presented.  So if we have only seen Silver Surfer transmute molecules once, it can be argued against, but if he has done it multiple times then it should be allowed as a viable attack of his.
Avatar image for strange_doctor
#47 Posted by Strange Doctor (173 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Like I said Supes wins a close match"
I don't think it would be close at all.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#48 Posted by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman wins here real easy. I dont know what Abomination could possibly do to him
Avatar image for zee_crusher
#49 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"zee crusher said:
"Not going against you but bad guys don't usually lift pyraminds and push planets. Its kind of dumb to them since they are to busy fighting a hero. Surtur destroyed a galaxy but still its surtur he can do that. DC has already stated doomsday was stronger then superman. One time mongoul was to till krypto almost killed him lol.

Also superman does try to fight in a style or manner that would help him defeat his opponents. Which is why he tried to take down doomsday the second time and lost again.

As for this fight superman would win cause abomination sucks when it comes to taking hits. However his hits them selves can be devastating as well even to superman."

That first point is an excellent one Zee.  In fact I've made that point myself.  There is often very little evidence of a villain's strength levels and very often there is little reason for them to display high end strength feats.  However, if you wanted to showcase the strength of the character (which is usually the reason that strength feats are done for heroes) you could very easily do so, and for good reason in the story.

Why wouldn't this super strong villain pick up a super tanker and throw it at a city?  Clearly it would explode or at least catch fire upon landing and spread death and chaos throughout the city.  Or, at least you get Superman or whoever the hero of the day is, to catch it, buying you time to get away.

Why not lift a mountain?  Actually why would anyone ever need to lift a mountain?  A lot of the feats are rather pointless in and of themselves.  But let's take Hulk in Secret Wars having a mountain range dropped on top of him and his team, and having to hold up only that amount of rock and soil that was directly above their heads.  That could be 150 million tons, but anyone arguing that the 150 millions tons was the entire mountain range and Hulk was balancing it over their heads is clearly making a huge error in logic.  But I digress.  Hulk had a mountain range dropped on top of him by the Molecule Man.  Could a few X-Men telekinetics ban together and try to slow down the Juggernaut by doing something similar?  Maybe only a mountain?  Could a villain fight another villain on some deserted planet and we get to see their true strength levels with just as ridiculous feats as this Hulk feat?  I think that the writers can clearly display strength feats for villains as well as for heroes without sacrificing plot or stealing the limelight from the hero.  You can even make the battle look more dangerous if the hero has to fight someone who has the strength to do one of the things I have listed above.

Your second point is not truly counter to mine.  My point was that the writers constrain Superman's (and other heroes') actions for sake of plot.  Clearly they fight in a style or manner that would allow them to win the fight, but that style and manner lies squarely within the constraints imposed on them by the writers.  Otherwise, as has been often stated, you would see a Superman or Flash comic end in one page or less.  Superman is displayed using his super speed often enough.  Why is it that he so seldom uses it in a fight?  Because that would make winning that fight far too easy for him and that would make a boring comic, which would hurt sales.

I dont necessarily disagree with your last point.  Superman would win this fight, even if we ignored his superspeed and heat vision.  He is more than strong enough to pummel Abomination into submission and you are right that Abomination's durability would not be enough to protect him from Superman's attacks for long.  I also believe that Abomination is strong enough to hurt Superman, though I dont think he can hurt him enough to ever pose a serious threat in this battle."

Well I forgot Surtur did throw a pyramind at Thor once lol. but yeah I get what you meaing. For a villain to Throw something into a city and just desrtoy it would be so much easier. But some times a villain them self would do just as much damage.  The Thermal man for example. I think Thor as my favorite hero but good god he was gettting his a$$ handed to him by Thermal . Notice in there fight Thermal man was throwing Thor around and at the same time destroying the city as well. But he was dumb. He couldnt think. Most villains can't think either so for them to hink of grabbing a thank and throwing it would take to much thought.

As for the fight yeah supes wins. Abomination would take a long time to tire but seeing as how enough hits from hulk layed him out and Thor koed him with and uppercut once he won't be lasting that long in this fight.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#50 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 1.0 said:
"SeSAW said:
"Like I said Supes wins a close match"

Superman curbstomp."

Moderator