• 69 results
BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlitzSikes

I know people say Rebirth Superman is very weak compared to most other Superman's on here but to get an understanding of where people believe he's at, I made this battle thread.

Can Rebirth Superman at the very least beat Odinson, Luke Cage and She Hulk 3 on 1? (No Mjolnir), standard 616 versions of each character. Thor has his goat and axe

Can he beat them each separately with minimal difficulty? Can he take them all on at once?

Lordflawlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wins

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordflawlez: so at what level would you

Put him at then? Thor with hammer? Hulk? Wwh?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rebirth Superman is a mixture of both Pre and Post Flashpoint Superman who both could individually solo this team with varying degrees of difficulty, It's irrational to threat him as a brand new different version even if his feats are lackluster. A year and a half of mediocre to bad feats don't erase nearly 20 years of cointinuity.

Superman win this.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: it's just people on here even make some threads like "10 Rebirth Superman vs Naruto EOS). Or Three Rebirth Superman vs WWH. I at first thought it was joke threads but people really either lowball him, believe him to be that weak for real, or he just really is that weak and I would really like to believe that people aren't purposely low balling him/ trolling him and it's just a misunderstanding

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedailybagel  Moderator

Specific rebirth superman is weak, that’s what those threads are above.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I don't get what specific rebirth means because aren't Rebirth Superman and pre new52 superman all one person now? Doesn't all their best feats belong to him?

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth Superman is a mixture of both Pre and Post Flashpoint Superman who both could individually solo this team with varying degrees of difficulty, It's irrational to threat him as a brand new different version even if his feats are lackluster. A year and a half of mediocre to bad feats don't erase nearly 20 years of cointinuity.

Superman win this.

While i agree to some extent, you can't just ignore how he has been preforming. It's not like he did poorly once or twice, he has been quite lackluster for more than a year. Until he starts pulling his weight and acts like either of the Superman his suppose to be an amalgam of i don't see how we can just keep ignoring his shortcomings. We can't let him go by on the old fame of the 2 other Supermen.

For instance Maestro is suppose to be a stronger version of the regular Hulk but he keeps undepreforming and disappointing that i can't just keep defending him and stand here and say Maestro > regular Hulk, when that is no longer true and Maestro isn't doing NEARLY as badly as Rebirth Superman.

I mean what are you gonna do? Have Superman be run over by 3 more steamrollers before we finally admit that something is really off with him?

When writers start writing him the way he is meant to be, then i will treat him that way.

Feats trump everything else.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greko: give me an example of a poor feat from superman in the last year?

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: Getting ran over by a steamroller, dying from being inside the Earths core, getting stomped by Deathstroke, barely tanking a 10 megaton nuke, etc...

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage solos

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greko: deathstroke had special armor and he even admitted that he held back but still managed to break through deathstroke's armor anyway. He actually beat deathstroke from what I remember after deathstroke put Lois In danger.

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: Yea but the Ikon suite doesn't enhance your striking abilities at all, he was still hurting Superman while using his own strength, that is insane.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlitzSikes

@greko: I thought it did enhance your strength, I mean the suit puts a gravity forcefield around you right? Doesn't this lend to any strength at all?

Nvm. It doesn't enhance strength - Edit

You're right

Maybe slave was enhanced anyway ??

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: No, the suite is mostly for defense.

The problem is Rebirth Superman is preforming very poorly for some reason, i mean even if we ignore the Ikon suite he has other feats that are lackluster.

It looks like the writers are intentionally doing this and bringing down his power level so they can focus more on stories not on feats.

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes got this, and no he's not weak. That's a comic vine thing because all people care about when reading a comic book are feats instead of having a good story. The team cannot deal with his speed. He could punch them over 4,000 times in seconds.

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punching someone 4000 times a second doesn't matter when all you did to them was chip their tooth. Yes feats matter, this is a battle forum the only thing that matters are feats, we are not here to discuss good or bad stories only how powerful the characters are and Superman is currently weak.

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greko said:

Punching someone 4000 times a second doesn't matter when all you did to them was chip their tooth. Yes feats matter, this is a battle forum the only thing that matters are feats, we are not here to discuss good or bad stories only how powerful the characters are and Superman is currently weak.

well...

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

Why? Did the 4000 punches do something more than i said? Sure didn't stop the steamroller from running him over.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

odinson solos

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greko: I never ignored how he has been performing lately, I ackownledged on my post, that doesn't change the fact that his good feats heavily outweight his bad feats.

Your comparison with Maestro isn't actually valid, either, Maestro is an alternative version of 616 Hulk who's supposed to be more powerful but has yet to prove, Rebirth Superman is Post-Crisis Superman, he's literally the same character on a different universe.

You can threat him the way you want, and if you wanna rate him lower than Pre/Post Flashpoint Superman then feel free to do so, but unless the thread explicitly limits him to Rebirth showings then I can and I argue him for being a superior to the either of his parts.

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: I never ignored how he has been performing lately, I ackownledged on my post, that doesn't change the fact that his good feats heavily outweight his bad feats.

I disagree, he has far too many low feats to outweigh the good and even hos good feats are not even that good. He doesn't seem to be the high tier character on Hulk and Thors level, not even close.

Your comparison with Maestro isn't actually valid, either, Maestro is an alternative version of 616 Hulk who's supposed to be more powerful but has yet to prove, Rebirth Superman is Post-Crisis Superman, he's literally the same character on a different universe.

It's actually perfectly valid, because both of them have yet to prove their worth, Maestro is yet to prove what really puts him above regular Hulk, even though his own creator has said he is above regular Hulk and Rebirth Superman is yet to prove why he is the combination of the 2 other Superman, even if everyone claims that he is. Maestro is literally the same character in a different universe too Hulk, he is literally future Hulk.

You can threat him the way you want, and if you wanna rate him lower than Pre/Post Flashpoint Superman then feel free to do so, but unless the thread explicitly limits him to Rebirth showings then I can and I argue him for being a superior to the either of his parts.

It's not that i want or dont want it, it's that his feats demand it. I am under the presumption that we are specifically using Rebirth Superman and only his showings.

Avatar image for bluelettermedia
BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlueLetterMedia

Team stomps horribly.

BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes got this, and no he's not weak. That's a comic vine thing because all people care about when reading a comic book are feats instead of having a good story. The team cannot deal with his speed. He could punch them over 4,000 times in seconds.

Several seconds. Also, his punches did almost nothing to one of the weakest incarnations of Doomsday ever, besides chip his tooth. Subsonic blitzing at best, and it's honestly sad that it's being used as a feat.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Holy sh*t, the Rebirth Superman lowballing has hit a new low.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a special deluxe comic full of Rebirth Superman stories that I haven't read yet. I'm going to read it now and see if he's really this bad to lose to this team.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#29  Edited By KrleAvenger

@thekinfing: I'm pretty sure that the only reason why the OP made this thread is to see if Clark can beat this team with Rebirth feats only.

On Topic:

Luke Cage does not belong here. Even if Rebirth Superman reaches that level of mediocrity, to the point he can barely be called a high tier, Luke is still just a street leveler, and despite his durability, he was hurt by street levelers. Any solid mid tier would wreck him.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

He's not that weak. Luke is still a street leveler and would lose to most Street level character.

She Hulk has gotten a bit of a buff since becoming the new "Hulk" so I'm not sure where she stands but she shouldn't be able to deal with the Speed.

Thor without his hammer is at an extreme disadvantage but it depends on how much help She Hulk would be. I think he wins

BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing

@greko: I never ignored how he has been performing lately, I ackownledged on my post, that doesn't change the fact that his good feats heavily outweight his bad feats.

That's a comical statement, you yourself admitted his feat portfolio has been poor consistently for almost 2 years, so how does he suddenly have good feats that outweigh the bad?

Ask yourself this: Do any of them even remotely compare to his older incarnations in the first place outside of that one quake outlier? Are the blatant contradictions and retcons supposed to be ignored? Like his heat vision being below 4,400 degrees, him having horrible lifting strength, the fact that he failed to dodge darts on panel and that he's barely a bullet timer? Better yet, the simple fact that Reborn retconned his history to combine both Post Crisis and N52 Clark into one being, which meant things couldn't happen 1:1 and that him retaining all his feats post-Reborn is just pure speculation.

So we'll just ignore what he is right now and focus solely on what he's supposed to be?

BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh*t, the Rebirth Superman lowballing has hit a new low.

Care to elaborate?

BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlueLetterMedia

Unworthy Thor one shots Rebirth Clark on his own, to be honest.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: He reached that level a couple of times already, being perfectly honest, some of his showings look more like comic relief rather that what would you expect of one of the strongest characters in the entire Solar System, and OP doesn't actually limit Clark to his Rebirth showings so I no reason for us to do it, and I'm sure you will agree with me than either Pre/Post Flashpoint Superman could solo this Team Mid-Diff at best.

@greko:

disagree, he has far too many low feats to outweigh the good and even hos good feats are not even that good. He doesn't seem to be the high tier character on Hulk and Thors level, not even close.

Not at all, he has enough good showings if you actually look to him as a whole; analyze his Post-Crisis and New 52 showings, rather than limiting him to Rebirth showings....even though its 100% confirmed that Rebirth Superman is Post-Crisis Superman.

It's actually perfectly valid, because both of them have yet to prove their worth, Maestro is yet to prove what really puts him above regular Hulk, even though his own creator has said he is above regular Hulk and Rebirth Superman is yet to prove why he is the combination of the 2 other Superman, even if everyone claims that he is. Maestro is literally the same character in a different universe too Hulk, he is literally future Hulk.

The thing is, Superman has prove his worth for the entire Post-Crisis Continuity, that over 15+ years of Powerhouse level feats, Maestro is not literally the same character, he's a different version of the same character that comes from an alternative universe, while Rebirth Superman is the same Superman that was introduce back at 1,986, you can't really compare those two and I honestly don't think we are going to come to an agreement on this.

It's not that i want or dont want it, it's that his feats demand it. I am under the presumption that we are specifically using Rebirth Superman and only his showings.

His Rebirth feats are trash, no denying that, and if he's truly limited to his feats under Rebirth then he really doesn't stand a chance, the disagreement I have with you and your argument is that you're completely disregarding all of his other feats while focusing exclusively on his Rebirth feats, when infact you should take all of them and then rate him as a whole.

This thread doesn't limit him to Rebirth showings only, so I will use his past showings to make a case for him, but if we where to limit to his rebirth ''timeline'' then I would agree that he's barely impressive, and don't get me wrong if Clark doesn't start pulling better feats in the next year or so I might have to consider that writers don't view him as highly as they used to.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Luke cage is bullet proof

He solos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke cage is bullet proof

He solos

wait is Rebirth Superman not bulletproof?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman win this.

So because he's a fusion of other characters in a new relaunch that means he gets those feats? Either you've been sipping the DBZ fusion Kool-Aid or this is downright the worst logic I've seen from you yet.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinson solos and stomps.

DFTATM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: no way he stomps, but the team could take the win.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dftatm: No, he absolutely does stomp. Rebirth Superman by actual feats is incredibly weak. He would still easily beat Luke Cage and Shulk, but Odinson would crush him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unworthy Thor destroys rebirth Superman

DFTATM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: been awhile since i read a comic with either in it, but is odinson getting stronger? Can he reliably control lightning now?

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DFTATM: yes, he consistently uses lightning, even amps it with his strikes , lightning charged jsrbjorn to the face is no joke, and his lightning hurt mangog far better than odin and war thor did put together.

although his flight is inconsistent, he should the ability to fly in secret empire but outside of the comic he needs his goat for flight.

DFTATM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: i remember reading that, he was clearly floating.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Thor alone would be a match for this version of Superman.

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Not at all, he has enough good showings if you actually look to him as a whole; analyze his Post-Crisis and New 52 showings, rather than limiting him to Rebirth showings....even though its 100% confirmed that Rebirth Superman is Post-Crisis Superman.

But that's the thing he just isn't up to par with his new-52 and pre-52 showings. I honestly can't understand how you just turn a blind eye to the way he is currently preforming. What writers/editors say doesn't matter as much as the feats on the panel. They can tout all day long that he is the same guy as pre-52 and new-52 but if he doesn't act anywhere close to that, he just isn't.

The thing is, Superman has prove his worth for the entire Post-Crisis Continuity, that over 15+ years of Powerhouse level feats, Maestro is not literally the same character, he's a different version of the same character that comes from an alternative universe, while Rebirth Superman is the same Superman that was introduce back at 1,986, you can't really compare those two and I honestly don't think we are going to come to an agreement on this.

Yea he has proven his worth with the previous versions not with this version. Maestro is the same character, literally, that's why i made the comparison, Maestro is 616 Hulk from the future, Maestro even exists now in the 616 reality. If we can't agree that's fine, i just don't understand how you can just ignore the blatant and obvious difference between how rebirth Superman preforms and how his previous versions preform.

His Rebirth feats are trash, no denying that, and if he's truly limited to his feats under Rebirth then he really doesn't stand a chance, the disagreement I have with you and your argument is that you're completely disregarding all of his other feats while focusing exclusively on his Rebirth feats, when infact you should take all of them and then rate him as a whole.

I would if he actually preformed anywhere close to his pre-52 and new-52 days. There is something obviously wrong if the character genuinely preforms on the level of a high end midtier, for more than a year now.

This thread doesn't limit him to Rebirth showings only, so I will use his past showings to make a case for him, but if we where to limit to his rebirth ''timeline'' then I would agree that he's barely impressive, and don't get me wrong if Clark doesn't start pulling better feats in the next year or so I might have to consider that writers don't view him as highly as they used to.

This thread mentions Rebirth Superman, so it might limit him to just those feats, we would need to ask the OP for clarification. Well it's been over a year, if it takes another year of him sucking i don't think there would be any denying it.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nwname  Moderator
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@thekinfing:

He reached that level a couple of times already, being perfectly honest, some of his showings look more like comic relief rather that what would you expect of one of the strongest characters in the entire Solar System,

Technically, every single member of the JLA is nerfed as hell.

and OP doesn't actually limit Clark to his Rebirth showings so I no reason for us to do it, and I'm sure you will agree with me than either Pre/Post Flashpoint Superman could solo this Team Mid-Diff at best.

I do agree, but if we just allow his Post-Crisis and/or New 52 feats, this thread would be kinda pointless. Post-Crisis and/or New 52 Superman would blitz and one shot Luke and Jen and then beat Unworthy Thor in a one sided fight, and I'm pretty sure the OP is aware of it. Why would he even use the term "Rebirth Superman" if everything from 1987 still counts? You can read the OP yourself again. He points out that he wants to see how powerful Rebirth Superman is since most people claim he is weaker than other Supermen.