#1 Posted by Jhin (78 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

In character, random encounter, any win condition. Start a mile apart.

Current or most recent versions.

#3 Posted by BruceRogers (17164 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Hulk is dead though. That said, he would trounce Supes if we are only using Rebirth feats.

#4 Edited by MOWJACK (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

even cho hulk would smite rebirth clark

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#5 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're counting Marvel Now and ANAD versions for Hulk he would beat Rebirth Superman into the ground. He's less impressive consistently than almost all other canon versions and to be honest I wouldn't put him above low high or even in the high mid range. It would play out in a similar capacity of Hulk knocking down Thing recently in two blows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#6 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner is dead. That being said, he'll demolish Clark.

#7 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

What feats does Rebirth Clark have?

#8 Edited by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: No selling a 10 megaton explosion, blitzing Doomsday with over 4,000 punches in a couple of seconds, surviving a mountain collapsing on him whilst weakened and surviving the Earth's inner core albeit with great strain. Basically he's nowhere near New 52 or Post Crisis power levels right now so Hulk trounces Clark based on Rebirth feats alone.

#9 Edited by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterskywalker: I'd say no selling a 10 megaton explosion puts him in the high mid range. Bryne era Superman barely survived a 40 megaton nuke and was KOed for 30 minutes afterwards.

#10 Edited by Morpheus_ (34315 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebirth Superman is nowhere near as weak as people make him out to be, but he lacks compared to his N52 or post-Crisis self despite being a merging of both. I do believe that will change, though.

Hulk does take it, of course.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#11 Posted by termiteone4ever (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman got this. Too many ways to win.

#12 Posted by SanoHibiki (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebirth-only feats, huh... Hulk wins, I guess.

#13 Posted by Battle123axe (8884 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Battle123axe (8884 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack said:

even cho hulk would smite rebirth clark

most likely

#15 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16783 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke beats em... I mean Hulk

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#16 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10397 posts) - - Show Bio

People should know that Rebirth Superman is basically New 52 and Pre 52 Superman put together. Rebirth Superman isn't really that wank, he just doesn't have that much of great feats compared to his previous versions, he also jobs a lot.

#17 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: So the writer's basically made him powerful enough to make good stories?

#18 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#19 Posted by Pokeysteve (12016 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark should still be able to Bfr here even with the Rebirth nerf.

#20 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I though rebirth Superman and new 52 Superman and post crisis are one and the same if thats the case then Superman should stomp.

#21 Edited by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

INB4 "rebirth = new 52 + post crisis = effortless galaxy buster superman with Universal durability."

And if naruto and sasuke can take on the whole flipping league according to CV, the hulk effortlessly backhands him.

#22 Posted by Batvibe12 (5563 posts) - - Show Bio

Feat wise, the Hulk.

#23 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#24 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I dont take Rebirth Superman seriously and Rebirth Slade is a walking PIS machine

#25 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: Deathstroke had the ikon suit which is why Superman was not doing shit. He was actually hitting himself. This is not PIS in my opinion but is a plot thing, not stupidity. Since the writers have implied context many times for this in Deathstroke and Supermans comics. PIS would be Batman taking hits from Bloodlusted Superman and walking it off.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also Superman was trying very hard not to kill him.

No Caption Provided

#26 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#27 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I dont take Rebirth Superman seriously and Rebirth Slade is a walking PIS machine

That isn't PIS. The Ikon suit shields are as strong as the enemy is hitting them with, they're based of Kinetic energy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
#28 Posted by deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I wrong in my thinking that rebirth Superman should have all the pre-52 feats under his belt since they're...ya know, the same person?

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#29 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@masterskywalker: I'd say no selling a 10 megaton explosion puts him in the high mid range. Bryne era Superman barely survived a 40 megaton nuke and was KOed for 30 minutes afterwards.

I guess but wasn't Byrne Supes generally weaker before his upgrade after his death and Imperiex invasion? I mean off the top of my head he was also faster than the speed of sound at max among other things.

#30 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@worldofthunder: No selling a 10 megaton explosion, blitzing Doomsday with over 4,000 punches in a couple of seconds, surviving a mountain collapsing on him whilst weakened and surviving the Earth's inner core albeit with great strain. Basically he's nowhere near New 52 or Post Crisis power levels right now so Hulk trounces Clark based on Rebirth feats alone.

I found that part weird when I read Hitch's JLA, Superman should be able to be on the Earth's inner core without much trouble...........shouldn't he ??

#33 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

I guess but wasn't Byrne Supes generally weaker before his upgrade after his death and Imperiex invasion? I mean off the top of my head he was also faster than the speed of sound at max among other things.

Yeah he was much weaker before his death and the Imperiex Invasion. You're right that Superman was only just above the speed of sound at max during the Bryne era. So it's probably not a good benchmark to be considered better than Bryne era Superman.

@lvenger said:

I found that part weird when I read Hitch's JLA, Superman should be able to be on the Earth's inner core without much trouble...........shouldn't he ??

Post Crisis Superman survived the Earth's core as well as survived more than a planet's worth of gravity far better than Rebirth Superman took being in the outer core. Even the outer core affected Clark badly. Technically he did survive vibrations from the Extinction Machine which shook the whole planet off the Richter scale at point blank range but that's an inconsistency.

#34 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#35 Posted by KanyeCosby (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps. Current Superman is barely even high tier.

#36 Posted by Grekko (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny enough Hulk actually stomps this one.

#37 Posted by Jirou (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wipes him out lol.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#38 Posted by blackpantherisb (6940 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks wins for sure, but I do think that Superman gets lowballed a little, he has some pretty great speed feats, solid durability, and owned Hal in one instance, I don’t think that Hulk will stomp him at all.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#39 Posted by Supermanforever (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk solely based on feats. Rebirth Superman will be superior overtime.

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
#40 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'm sorry, but what? How does no selling a significantly weaker explosion, and I mean significantly, make him superior durability wise? Getting KO'd by something 4x superior to a 10 megaton explosion which isn't even nuke tier by today's standards is better than no selling that 10 megaton explosion.

Also, if you seriously think that 10 megaton showing allows him to contend in the high mid tier range I don't really know what to tell you. Mind clearing this up? Because I really don't see how.

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
#41 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk one-shots.

Hulk solely based on feats. Rebirth Superman will be superior overtime.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.