r9 nerco king thor

r10 rune king thor

#5 Posted by TakenStew22 (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

6 if he isn't speed blitzing.

#6 Posted by Soratoumiga (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

6 or 7.

#7 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Rockette (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

Likely stops at 6, definitely stops at 7.

#9 Posted by Reactor (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually say he stops at 8

#10 Posted by Yamiyodare (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 6.

#11 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by TheKinfing (11784 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#13 Posted by Supermanforever (8493 posts) - - Show Bio

king thor.

#14 Posted by baph (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1.

#15 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Supermanthor (19872 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprise to see the amount of people who said 6

#17 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprise to see the amount of people who said 6

That's the truth man.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#18 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at 7.

#19 Edited by TheHercules (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Warrior Madness just a Morals off worthy thor?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#20 Posted by blackpantherisb (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7, clears 6 in a very close fight.

#21 Posted by thor321 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Reactor (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehercules: His strength is augmented as well, I believe. However, he fights more like an animal than a warrior (by that, I mean he essentially becomes a stupid combatant). But the main problem is he doesn't get any faster (and that New 52 Superman frequently blitzes and fights at superhuman speed, like in his fights with Orion, Doomsday and H'El)

#23 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at 6. Most likely stop at 7.

#24 Posted by Brittonic_para (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 6.

#25 Posted by johnsmjs36 (481 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could stop at 6 but he definitely stops at 7

#26 Posted by Cognitive (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

7 or 8.

#27 Posted by KanyeCosby (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

7 or 8.

#28 Posted by MrTrey (428 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by Kirkseven (2860 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by KanyeCosby (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason I think Superman could clear Warrior Madness Thor, is that this version of Thor fights much more recklessly than regular Thor, something which Superman could easily exploit. Also, Warrior Madness Thor’s doesn’t really have that many actual feats. While his physical attributes increase, it’s hard to say by how much. While I’ve heard that his strength increased by ten times, I haven’t see much concrete evidence to support this. Plus, even if Thor’s strength were to increase by ten times, it still might not be enough to match the strength feats of New 52 Superman or overcome the massive speed gap.

#31 Edited by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Superman is definitely not >10x stronger than Thor though. Sure, he has better lifting feats to his name but they are hardly the deciding factor. This isn't an arm wrestling contest. Normal Thor has cracked a moon and nearly destroyed a planet (or planetoid) by the mere shockwave of his hits. I have never seen this Superman do anything close to that, without scaling. Does that mean Thor is far stronger than him? Not necessarily, because the lack of feats does not always infer the actual inability to perform them.

Warrior Madness Thor doesn't really have any notable feats, but when he did go insane during Blood and Thunder (it was pretty much identical to WM, barring the long term side effects), he stomped Beta Ray Bill and Silver Surfer at the same time.

#32 Posted by KanyeCosby (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Yeah, but Thor did that with Mjolnir. Of course, Thor hits harder with his magically enchanted hammer, but his normal punching feats aren’t nearly as impressive. That’s not really a good example of showing Thor’s strength. The best feats I’ve seen for Thor are at best planetary level. Superman has the Earth benching feat and the Brainiac ship feat to show that his strength is well beyond the regular planetary level.

Also in the Blood and Thunder storyline, wasn’t Thor amped by Valkyries or am I thinking of a different storyline?

#33 Edited by destinyman75 (14649 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: No Thor went Insane, and talked to a figment of his own Imagination that was In the form of a valkrie. The only Amp he received was hydrolic strength, which means his strength was at it's max nonstop. During this madness he shrugged off blows that would have floored him otherwise, that's pretty much it. The arch was meant to showcase what he could do not holding back..Also Thor with his own strength broke free from the weight of like 20 planets, one arm at that. Which matches up well against Clark's bench pressing feat I'd say. Maybe it's an outlier it just that it was classic Thor but it's there to go by

#34 Posted by destinyman75 (14649 posts) - - Show Bio

6 has always been a toss up to me. So there or 7 dead stop. An actual WM Thor would be to much.

#35 Edited by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Yeah, but Thor did that with Mjolnir. Of course, Thor hits harder with his magically enchanted hammer, but his normal punching feats aren’t nearly as impressive. That’s not really a good example of showing Thor’s strength.

Why not? The Mjolnir doesn't amp him any more than a hammer or brass knuckles would amp you or me. Sure it's harder than his fist, but he still needs his owns strength to make those strikes count, by being the driving force behind them.

The best feats I’ve seen for Thor are at best planetary level. Superman has the Earth benching feat and the Brainiac ship feat to show that his strength is well beyond the regular planetary level.

Superman performed the feat with the assistance of J'onn and to be honest, the size of the ship was pretty inconsistent. Still, we are talking about striking strength here, not lifting. Thor may not have lifted or moved a planet or a moon, but he has hit hard enough to crack and nearly shatter them indirectly.

Also in the Blood and Thunder storyline, wasn’t Thor amped by Valkyries or am I thinking of a different storyline?

Yes he was. It was mistaken for WM by several characters -- only difference was that WM was incurable. According to that story anyway.

#36 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Thor, holding back or not, has never been strong enough to beat Bill and Surfer at the same time. He was clearly not at his normal levels of powers.

The 20 planets thing is definitely a hyperbole though. For starters, how does Thor even know how heavy a score of planets is? Secondly, in the same issue, he was KOed by a falling mast. Now, that is definitely PIS/WIS, but it speaks volumes of the writer's intent.

#37 Posted by jay_z94 (8319 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 616 Thor.

#38 Posted by Maalik (860 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: @brucerogers: Thor did crack a planet/moon via shockwaves but I would argue that level of striking strength is way above his normal. It was described he was damaging his arm internally and that it was the hardest he'd ever hit before. Not a level of force he would normally bring in a fight and way over most of his other striking strength showing imo.

Nevertheless Thor's striking strength is definitely above new 52 supermans.

#39 Posted by Maalik (860 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic he stops at king thor. Clark beats the shit out of regular and warriors madness thor in my opinion.

#40 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@maalik: It was above normal because he was hitting Gorr with all his might. I am not saying he can dish out that kind of force casually, but merely pointing out that he can and has performed planetary feats when needed to.

#41 Edited by KanyeCosby (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: It’s kind of unfair to use Thor’s striking feats with Mjolnir as strength feats. It’s like comparing the power of a punch from a person versus someone using a sledgehammer. Obviously the person with the sledgehammer is going to hit with way more force than the person just using their fists, even if that person happens to be much stronger. The whole purpose of using a hammer as a weapon is to increase the damage of your strikes, of which you wouldn’t normally be able to do with your fists.

Your point would be stronger if Thor’s feats without Mjolnir were anywhere near his feats with it. But Thor’s striking feats with Mjolnir are better by a magnitude of literally thousands of times over. I think Thor hits harder than Superman with Mjolnir but that isn’t the case when he doesn’t have a weapon that is used specifically to amp his striking power.

I think it’s fair to say despite its changing size in the comic that the writer likely intended it to be much larger than the Earth although by how much is a bit inconsistent. Part of what makes it so impressive isn’t necessarily just the size of what he was pushing, but that he and Martian Manhunter were able to push it back while it was pushing against them at 30,000 mph, which is insanely impressive. It’s like the difference between pushing a car with help from a friend, versus doing it while it’s driving against you at thousands of miles per hour.

But just because it was mistaken for WM Thor doesn’t mean the feats he had in those comics necessarily completely scale over to WM. I think WM Thor would need more feats on his own to back that up. If WM Thor actually has feats comparable to beating Bill and Surfer at the same time, then I’ll concede that WM Thor would stomp New 52 Superman.

#42 Posted by destinyman75 (14649 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Well that's a Valid argument to be sure. For the record though it was Norrin and Adam warlock he defeated at the same time, Norrin arrived In time to save Bill, and Adam to save Norrin...and yes his hydrolic strength was active and he was no longer in his words "holding back" so he showcases basically what he can do, no morals etc.

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#43 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2408 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Thor lmao stops at 7

#44 Posted by Supermanthor (19872 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#45 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2408 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by ZillaG (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way at 6.

Stops at 7, if WM Thor actually refers to B/T Thor, cause WM Thor is pretty featless.

#47 Posted by Supermanthor (19872 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#48 Posted by ValBr111 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard stops at 6. This is new 52.

#49 Posted by TheKinfing (11784 posts) - - Show Bio

Changed my mind, he stops at King Thor.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#50 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7678 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7.