Hulk.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rickythanos

If we're talking about CURRENT n52 supes (depowered), then Thor is QUITE a bit more durable than he.

If we're talking about normal N52 supes, probably close to equal.

Post-crisis Supes wins a durability contest decidedly, though (IMO)

Avatar image for kindofcomicdaniel
kindofcomicdaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If we're talking about CURRENT n52 supes (depowered), then Thor is QUITE a bit more durable than he.

If we're talking about normal N52 supes, probably close to equal.

Post-crisis Supes wins a durability contest decidedly, though (IMO)

obviously I'm not talking about the current version, that is on luke cage level. New 52 at his best.

Avatar image for deactivated-625127ebf2404
deactivated-625127ebf2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Post-Crisis had better hard durability but Thor has better damage soak.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's more durable than New-52 Superman, I think.

PC Clark and Thor are roughly the same.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: Thor's more durable than New-52 Superman, I think.

PC Clark and Thor are roughly the same.

Really??? I haven't seen Thor tank 2 planets explode on him with him at the center of it all

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By echostarlord117

@dablackswrd: He's inside the Sun.

No Caption Provided

Here's him tanking an attack from a Celestial.

No Caption Provided

GhostVortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daBlackswrd

@echostarlord117: supes can do the same I'm not sure if could withstand an attack from a celestial thou ummm.... Anymore scans and I'll stand corrected or at least a stalemate

Edit I just read pc and assumed sa pre crisis superman not post crisis

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Thor is more durable than both.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Thor is more durable than both.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman got this .

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZeroSuitUser

I'm pretty sure Clark is more durable (both post crisis & New 52). Being inside the sun isn't impressive seeing how pretty much every power house in comics has performed said feat (not that it takes away from the fact that it's good showing, just not anything notable really). Superman himself has withstood the forces produced by a sun. And before anyone says, "Superman is powered by the sun." Clark has also went through a red sun (meaning he would have actually been depowered in that instance). The Celestial feat isn't quantifiable. It's like saying Captain America took a hit from the Hulk and was still conscious. That doesn't mean Spider-Man wouldn't one-shot him. We simply can't quantify that feat. Plus there's also plenty of instances where Clark withstands attack from universal entities, but we can't quantify those either so.... Clark has various showings where he withstands planetary attacks and even one where he survives a super nova (and if I'm not mistaken wasn't Thor killed by a super nova)?

If we take the Superman black hole feat from Superman Doomed (New 52) then Clark is definitely more durable than Thor. I know someone's going to try and say that feat isn't quantifiable, but we at least know that a black hole the size of a baseball would destroy the Earth (and maybe the solar system, but not like a energy blast or anything). Clark went through multiple black holes many times bigger than that (and did so while weakened). I know this is an extremely high end showing, but that's all anyone else seems to be doing (I guess two wrongs don't really make a right though). Anyway...

If we look at the consistent showings for both characters then I'd put both Clarks above Thor in durability. However the Superman low-ball is inedible. I already know someones going to post some out of context scan of Superman being harmed by a nuclear explosion, or him getting punched Batman and bleeding.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Odinson.

Omaeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can tank supernovas though, but I'm not overly interested in the OP characters in comics so I'm not sure how impressive that is or isn't.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can thor tank a supernova?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Clark consistently gets knocked out by planetary level attacks.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spambot

Supernova seems like a poor way to measure since again Supes usually actually gains strength from that energy. Truth is they both have plot durability. Thor endured the Godbomb which was capable of killing every god in existence through past, present and history with help from Mjolnir. Granted, he died afterward but he withstood and absorbed its blast. Both have been beaten up. Their durability is really w/e the writer wants it to be at any given time. Sometimes this results in lowballing and other times it results in things like Thor taking blasts from Celestials and still getting up and throwing a sword that is insanely heavy through a Celestial.

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea really O.o

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homifred: LOL that is the truest answer yet, including mine.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's more durable but Thor can soak more damage IMO

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Lvenger

Both Supermen are more durable than Thor in the physical and energy resistance departments. Thor might have the edge in piercing resistance at best but that's debatable. Everything else durability wise is on Superman's table.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post f Supes> Post c Supes durability

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tanks a world destroying bomb while unconscious
Tanks a world destroying bomb while unconscious
Fights in a sun
Fights in a sun
Tanks hits that destroy the planet he is on and other planets in the solar system
Tanks hits that destroy the planet he is on and other planets in the solar system

kindofcomicdaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Supernova seems like a poor way to measure since again Supes usually actually gains strength from that energy. Truth is they both have plot durability. Thor endured the Godbomb which was capable of killing every god in existence through past, present and history with help from Mjolnir. Granted, he died afterward but he withstood and absorbed its blast. Both have been beaten up. Their durability is really w/e the writer wants it to be at any given time. Sometimes this results in lowballing and other times it results in things like Thor taking blasts from Celestials and still getting up and throwing a sword that is insanely heavy through a Celestial.

it is not a feat that he did alone, he had prayers of various hundreds of gods, including skyfather level (like odin). it is not a good feat to put on the table, because he didn`t alone but with help.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Both Supermen are more durable than Thor in the physical and energy resistance departments. Thor might have the edge in piercing resistance at best but that's debatable. Everything else durability wise is on Superman's table.

What?? Thor absorbs energy so how is this accurate?? New 52 supes is below thor, pre 52 is about the same with both being among the most durable comic book characters there is in the big two..

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm curious, L. What has Clark tanked that beats a celestial? I'm thinking on it and coming up empty.

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coool

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Thor

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spambot

@kindofcomicdaniel: I don't think the prayers were really meant to play a large part in that feat. They were simply aware of what was about to happen to some degree and some knew Thor was the only chance they had of surviving. The fact that he had gods saying prayers to him fits into a narrator comment made after he saved them about Thor being the god of gods.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

it is not a feat that he did alone, he had prayers of various hundreds of gods, including skyfather level (like odin). it is not a good feat to put on the table, because he didn`t alone but with help.

what did the prayers do?? they didn't give him extra power or anything...

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have great durability feats.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@risingbean: Oh not much Bean, just tanking a blast from a cosmic being who was a living embodiment of the Big Bang and who'd just killed Doomsday in one shot. Comparing highballed feats isn't a valid means of measuring durability anyway, it's taken far less than a Celestial on far many more occasions to harm Thor. Moreover, The Thing has also survived a blast from the Celestials, would you say he's more durable than Thor or Superman?

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sy8000  Online

@lvenger:

a living embodiment of the Big Bang and who'd just killed Doomsday in one shot.

I'm planning on reading Our Worlds at War to gauge Imperiex and learn the context behind some of his feats, but I'm fairly certain Imperiex didn't have big bang level power himself given he needed to destroy Earth for the purpose of a complex universe busting mechanism. If he had big bang level power he could've just opened his chest and be done with it.

Although Superman pushing through everything a bloodlusted Kyle had to offer is a better durability feat than I've seen from Thor.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@risingbean: Oh not much Bean, just tanking a blast from a cosmic being who was a living embodiment of the Big Bang and who'd just killed Doomsday in one shot. Comparing highballed feats isn't a valid means of measuring durability anyway, it's taken far less than a Celestial on far many more occasions to harm Thor. Moreover, The Thing has also survived a blast from the Celestials, would you say he's more durable than Thor or Superman?

That's an interesting take on an event which is otherwise outright shown to be "Darkseid saved his ass by transporting him"

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

a living embodiment of the Big Bang and who'd just killed Doomsday in one shot.

I'm planning on reading Our Worlds at War to gauge Imperiex and learn the context behind some of his feats, but I'm fairly certain Imperiex didn't have big bang level power himself given he needed to destroy Earth for the purpose of a complex universe busting mechanism. If he had big bang level power he could've just opened his chest and be done with it.

Although Superman pushing through everything a bloodlusted Kyle had to offer is a better durability feat than I've seen from Thor.

Aside from not being the actual Kyle but one of his constructs instead, Superman has been incapacitated by lesser Lanterns than Kyle. Setting aside that , Superman lacking feats to suggest he can tank someone who briefly bottles a supernova on his lonesome (and how Supes has fared against those) and holds together a solar system worth of planets among other things makes the showing unusable given how it ignores just how much Kyle can dish out when ....not facing the company's flagship character in his own title, and just how much Superman can take when not facing other heroes who forget their powers

By that logic Thor has faced/tanked at least the same if not more like say among other things Eric Masterson Thor physically overpowering a power gem wielding Thanos etc

Or indeed the blast from the celestial shown above. List goes on (for both characters)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sy8000  Online

Aside from not being the actual Kyle but one of his constructs instead, Superman has been incapacitated by lesser Lanterns than Kyle. Setting aside that , Superman lacking feats to suggest he can tank someone who briefly bottles a supernova on his lonesome (and how Supes has fared against those) and holds together a solar system worth of planets among other things makes the showing unusable given how it ignores just how much Kyle can dish out when ....not facing the company's flagship character in his own title, and just how much Superman can take when not facing other heroes who forget their powers

By that logic Thor has faced/tanked at least the same if not more like say among other things Eric Masterson Thor physically overpowering a power gem wielding Thanos etc

Or indeed the blast from the celestial shown above. List goes on (for both characters)

How would it being a construct reduce the power of the attack? And the only lesser lantern than Kyle I remember dropping Superman is John who shot him in the eyes (vulnerable spot). Kyle's feats of construct size and durability have nothing to do with the output of his energy attacks which are still planetary level. Kyle typically holds back as all heroes do and wasn't in that instance.

Eric Masterson never overpowered Thanos he just floored him with a few hits that didn't seem to cause all that much damage and this showing is pretty contradictory when you consider he needed help to take down Gladiator who Thanos completely outperformed against Annihilus.

I'm not saying this is Superman's average durability level, but as far as best feats go I find this to be the best one.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@highaccuser:

How would it being a construct reduce the power of the attack?

Because er...the blast is not coming directly from the ring itself?

Aside from that.....GLs be it Kyle,or Hal or even Alan whenever they use the "construct as a person/army" thing usually have them shattered (been done on multiple occasions , be it Hal bringing back the corps or Alan bringing back the Marvel family) as opposed to the person himself

And the only lesser lantern than Kyle I remember dropping Superman is John who shot him in the eyes (vulnerable spot).

Kyle's blast meanwhile was all over him, including his eyes and was explicitly focussed on him . How does it not drop him then ?

Kyle's feats of construct size and durability

It isn't so much the size of the constructs as just how powerful they are. the nova containing thing wasn't particularly large. But it bottled a ....supernova that would have wiped out the star system. A freakin solar system level explosion contained/concentrated within a building size cage. Likewise holding together multiple planets in orbit as they are about to collide with each other ,is frankly well beyond anything Superman has ever tanked

So...

Superman gets KOd by a supernova from the same source that powers him when it is nothing like focussed on him. Kyle holds together a solar system wide explosion , concentrated within a building size cage

Superman gets KOd by two planets colliding. Kyle stops multiple planets from collding with his constructs

have nothing to do with the output of his energy attacks which are still planetary level.

I would like an actual scan from an actual comic saying the strength of their constructs is not equal to their energy blasts

The ring is the ring, be it an energy blast or a construct or a shield. All of them are roughly equally powerful because all of them come from the ring itself

Beyond that a rookie Kyle reduced Oa to dust with an energy blast if we are getting specific. When has Superman shown the ability to just ....walk through something that reduces planets to dust outside of facing Kyle? When has he ever no sold/walked through an attack that reduced a planet to dust to make him doing so vs Kyle...not PIS?

Superman is a character whose total number of appearances are matched only by the likes of Batman and Spiderman. So....in all his appearances, when has he tanked a planet "reduced to dust" blast?

Kyle typically holds back as all heroes do and wasn't in that instance.

Eric Masterson never overpowered Thanos he just floored him with a few hits

That is overpowering honestly to the point where Thanos has to resort to the gauntlet to get the job done

that didn't seem to cause all that much damage and this showing is pretty contradictory when you consider he needed help to take down Gladiator who Thanos completely outperformed against Annihilus.

And....Superman has been knocked out by a supernova. Kyle contains one. Superman's been KOd by two planets colliding. Kyle holds apart half a dozen planets from colliding.

Kyle reduces planets to dust as a rookie even as a rookie and when older does things like trap Ultraman and the Syndicate for hours as they hammer away failing to break his constructs

Really by any measuring stick you care to use, Kyle's feats are so far above Superman's it makes no sense for Superman NOT to be KOd by a proper blast, let alone walk through one

I'm not saying this is Superman's average durability level, but as far as best feats go I find this to be the best one.

Meanwhile kyle's "best one" involves containing the freakin big bang despite no evidence for him being capable of pulling off the same before or after and plenty of contradictory stuff

Going by "best ones" Superman has universal durability now

Actually Kyle's feat is more legit given he contained the actual big bang and not "blast of a dude who once did a big bang blast" or whatever (which Superman incidentally has done, on more than one occasion too)

So is Kyle a universe buster now?

Beyond that, as I said, Thor's taken blasts from the likes of Celestials, and even Byrne era Superman has taken hits from universal beings

It goes on , and on for both if we look at what they did when other characters forgot how powerful they were when facing two of the most powerful characters in fiction

In terms of actual, consistent feats, NOT related to jobbing out more powerful people, or indeed, fights, Superman has flown through red stars and Thor has conversations inside stars, without having to invoke them taking hits/blasts from solar system level-ish people (Kyle, Gladiator , bloodlusted even , Surfer etc )

:I mean if we are going by "performances against powerful characters regardless of their own, independent feats", it makes no sense to talk about Superman no selling green lantern or a dying Thor running even with Surfer, or even tanking hits from celestials when we can talk about Superman's or Thor's multiversal durability

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's not tanking.

kindofcomicdaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@kindofcomicdaniel: I don't think the prayers were really meant to play a large part in that feat. They were simply aware of what was about to happen to some degree and some knew Thor was the only chance they had of surviving. The fact that he had gods saying prayers to him fits into a narrator comment made after he saved them about Thor being the god of gods.

thor was dying when he was starded to absorved the godbomb into himself.

No Caption Provided

"what is he doning? dying like a god"

No Caption Provided

"every god in all the universe closed their eyes and prayed to thor"

No Caption Provided

even odin - "do not fall my son"

No Caption Provided

thor absorved the necrosword

No Caption Provided

thor blasts gorr with the power of necrosowrd and the 2 hammers

after that Thor falls to the ground - apparently dead - until old king thor removed the necrosowrd from him. the prayers kept thor lives enough to absorbed the necrosword and attacked Gorr. Of course not this written in narrative nor in the scans, but in the context of history gives to deduce that's how what happened , if not why Jason Aaron gave so much importance to prayer, writing for this, two full pages (second and third scans)? Of course it was not for nothing.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By theONEtaichou

Forgive me but how is using mjolnir a durability feat for Thor? We are asking for physical durability feats, not feats of equipment.

good day