Superman (DCEU) vs Thanos (MCU)- Read OP

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@miekskywalker: no he wasn’t, Russo bros confirmed this. Thanos takes this regardless though

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@phillip33: When has Thanos actually punched harder than Superman and what durability feat does Thanos have over Supes?

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dceu clarks strength level is too high for any hero or villain in mcu

Clark literally squeeze thanos like a früit

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashugan: ...that just means he punches fast... I know how fast he is. It still doesn't explain how powerful those punches are though. For example, could a sound barrier breaking punch bust a building?

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By jashugan

@noone1996: Superman's ridiculous physical strength combined with his speed means his punches carry a lot of force. Yes he could destroy a building in a few punches. Him and Zod were tossing and breaking buildings by fighting. Thanos himself has never broken any buildings by punching them

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Noone1996

@icec0ld: Derailing those train cars is admittedly impressive, but just because you send someone flying far away that doesn't mean shit. It's especially ridiculous to debunk a feat simply because they weren't sent flying far away. 616 Thanos didn't send Beta Ray Bill flying when he beat the shit out of him, yet he still knocked him out. Would those hits, which barely moved him more than a foot away, also be below Superman's punches? In the same scene that Thanos "struggled" to lift the Hulk, he also casually overpowered both of his arms. Overpowering someone as strong as the Hulk takes a lot more than 1 ton of strength (which is how much Hulk weighs).

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Noone1996

@jashugan: Prove that he can bust a building. Punching someone through a building, which didn't end up falling over, isn't proof. Post calcs or a science article that quantifies breaking the sound barrier with kinetic force. Also, raw strength doesn't quantify to punching power. A guy that can lift 800 pounds doesn't punch with that same force.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: beating hulk with a few strikes nearly to death is better than anything superman has accomplished. completely no selling multiple of hulks strikes, who strikes harder than anyone in the dceu, no selling everything in the film minus stormbreaker, tanking Thor’s lightning are better than anything supes has besides the nuke, which rendered him catatonic basically.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: hulk was just fed up with banner only using him for fighting. You can look up the interview yourself if you want.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By jashugan

@phillip33: Hulk definitely didn't punch Thanos as hard as he punched in the past. Hulk does not strike harder than Superman. Superman would'e beat Hulk faster than Thanos did, if anything it showed Hulk's limits. Thanos did not "no sell" Iron Man punching him and making him bleed , Thanos could not stop Dr. Strange from holding him down without the power of a stone. Supes nuke feat puts him at a much greater durability than Thanos. Thanos himself admitted that Nebula nearly killed him something she could never do to Supes.

@noone1996 said:

@jashugan: Prove that he can bust a building. Punching someone through a building, which didn't end up falling over, isn't proof. Post calcs or a science article that quantifies breaking the sound barrier with kinetic force. Also, raw strength doesn't quantify to punching power. A guy that can lift 800 pounds doesn't punch with that same force.

Why do I need to prove that supes can "bust" a building when I never made the claim that supes can "bust" a building? By this logic, what "proof" or calc or "science" is there that even Thanos can destroy a building by punching it?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: You literally said he could bust a building in a couple punches. Unless you edit your comment, it's there. Well Hulk was literally pushed through over 40 stories of an incomplete skyscraper which then landed right on top of him as it was knocked over. He was still conscious. At best, confused. Thanos bypassed that tremendous durability with a couple hits.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Destroy a building is what I typed, this isn't DBZ. So by your comment, you don't believe Thanos could "bust" a building in a punch either. That's good. Superman has been punched through a building too. Unlike hulk however, he didn't get knocked out twice by punches. So this means that Superman's durability is much higher than Thanos by feats, but everyone with a brain knows that. Superman's punches are much harder than Thanos' by feats too since he killed Zodd and by your logic "bypassed that tremendous durability with a couple hits" and a neck snap.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

Thanos. He beat the Hulk down, in a few seconds, so bad that he was afraid to even come out again. In this battle Superman does not have his speed. The only way Superman wins here is BFR.

Hulk was not afraid to come out, that's a misconception.

Yeah, he was most definitely afraid to come out.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: You literally said he could bust a building in a couple punches. Unless you edit your comment, it's there. Well Hulk was literally pushed through over 40 stories of an incomplete skyscraper which then landed right on top of him as it was knocked over. He was still conscious. At best, confused. Thanos bypassed that tremendous durability with a couple hits.

Quantify that.

Lmao, and that's about 1/6th as impressive as getting tossed through six buildings.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention the numerous other striking feats Thanos can not withstand because he was bloodied by Iron Man who Superman massively outclasses in that category.

Still waiting on those Thanos feats that put Superman down.

Still waiting on those Thanos feats that prevent Superman from putting him down.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: "i never once suggested that im saying dceu supes hits consistently harder than thanos"

*Proceeds to suggest that dceu supes consistently hits harder than thanos

Not a great start

DCEU Superman hits consistently harder than *MCU Thanos. Did you think about was talking about comic Thanos for some reason? He couldn't be irrelevant to this thread, just as comic Supes couldn't be more irrelevant.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: what are you talking about? In my first post to you, i mentioned that fact that you were incorrectly analyzing the feats. Then you responded by claiming you never said dceu superman hits harder than mcu thanos. In that same post, you started talking about how dceu supes hits harder than mcu thanos

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By MoTM

@killers10333: What are you talking about?

I made the point Superman hits consistently harder than Thanos because he consistently creates shockwaves with his punches unlike Thanos, you then brought up a straw man about how just because they don't create shockwaves in the comics they aren't as powerful as the movies, which I refuted for ridiculousness.

DCEU Superman hits harder than MCU Thanos and has better striking and blunt durability feats and easily wins as per this thread. I can't be more clear, I've been making that point for awhile now, not sure how you missed it.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is a joke trying to give Thanos credit for stomping him as if it’s good enough to compete with Superman is nuts, hulk gets his ass kick or KO basically evry movie, Superman is far more impressive and has far greater showing than either Thanos or hulk combined

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By TheArchon

@noone1996: Confused? He was koed by a single punch from Iron Man following that. Good try.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon: Thanks. Yeah the guy with equal striking power as the Hulk who cheap-shotted him with that punch.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Noone1996

@motm: I actually can quantify it unlike you. Go ahead and look up how much a skyscraper weighs. Withstanding that amount of force is actually impressive. Pushing through windows of a skyscraper is like 10,000% less kinetic force lmao. Acts like he got me with a zinger but everyone's just laughing at him. Keep pretending like Superman can hit with a force even close to that. Also, throwing is not the same as punching. Next you're going to say something equally as absurd like piercing isn't the same as blunt force durability.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: So you say you can quantify that and then proceed not to quantify that lmao. Nice.

No but getting thrown through six buildings would classify as a blunt durability feat no? Unless there is a different noone term for that.

Still waiting for those Thanos feats that can put Superman down.

Still waiting for those Thanos feats that prevent Superman from putting him down.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: So Hulk got KO'd before so that means he's not as durable as Superman? That's ridiculous logic. Also, Superman couldn't KO Zod. He didn't "bypass" his durability at all. Hulk was bloody, bruised, barely conscious, and could not even move after Thanos was through with him.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By jashugan

@noone1996: hulk got ko'd twice by lesser attacks than what superman can handle. Hulk certainly has Lower durability than superman and so does Thanos.

You're right, superman killed Zod no need for ko.

So now, instead of typing more filler posts. Why not post how thanos will actually beat up superman. Show this strength that is above superman's. Show this durability that is above superman's. Show this skill that is so above what superman faced after defeating 4 warriors Zod, Faora, Diana and Nam-Ek while he had no martial training of his own

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: Yes lets pretend like your situation is the same as mine. Failing to quantify the kinetic force of the sound barrier breaking is the same as telling you to look up how much a skyscraper weighs. We'll pretend that makes sense. Average skyscrapers weigh 225,000 tons. An incomplete one would weigh, at the very least, over 100,000 tons. But yeah, having that crushing force land on top of you after being pushed through every floor is somehow comparable to being thrown through 12 panes of glass. Nobody takes you seriously. Just stop trolling. Go back to arguing that Doomsday can adapt to reality warping because that is starting to sound reasonable by your standards.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By MoTM

@noone1996: Lmao!

Still waiting for those Thanos feats that prevent Superman from putting him down.

Still waiting for those Thanos skill feats better than Superman beating three militant Kyrptonians.

Yeah I've stomped you utterly once again and you're butthurt lol.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: So I've provided a feat that proves Hulk tanked that many tons of force/pressure/kinetic energy (which is FAR more than Superman can punch) and you know Thanos stomps him with a handful of punches and jabs, yet YOU think you have the moral high ground and the right to virtue signal about how I'm the one failing to provide evidence or being hypocritical, yet the best you could ever come up with to quantify the sound barrier breaking is a gif without any explanation, calculations, or scientific articles. Keep posting dude. Laughter makes you live longer.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Well you're posts are getting more and more hysterical so keep em coming.

Superman is a lot stronger and faster than Hulk, there is no denying this as the feats prove that. He has better lifting and striking feats than Hulk. What stops Superman from just peeling Thanos hands off like he did Hulk since he has massively better strength feats than Hulk or Thanos? What stops Superman from KOing him in one punch since he was bloodied by one punch from Iron Man?

Yeah sorry even with scaling Superman KOs him in two hits.

Still waiting for those Thanos skill feats better than Superman beating three militant Kyrptonians.

Still waiting for those Thanos strength feats better than Superman's.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By phillip33

@jashugan: how do you know hulk was holding back? Thanos had just killed half of the asgardians on board the ship, hulk wasn’t holding back. Hulk has better striking feats than Superman flat, two of them being in the multi hundred to thousand ton range striking feats. I do not think Superman would have beaten hulk that fast at all, Superman has higher morals and hulk has taken strikes more powerful than Superman can dish out from the likes of Thor. Getting a insignificant scratch from a full powered swing from Ironman, amped with 12 repulses that are infividually powerful enough to rag doll cars and laughing about it is definitely no selling, and a solid feat. Supes nearly died to that nuke, that feat isn’t that great since supes didn’t even really take it at most he took 15% of the nukes energy due to him being in space at the time and location of the impact. And I’m sure that nebula with prep would be able to utilize Superman’s kryptonite weakness against him.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By jashugan

@phillip33: if you can find where I typed hulk was holding back, that would help immensely.

Hulk does not have better "striking feats" than superman. We've seen these "striking feats" against Thor and Thanos and it is not impressive or beyond what superman can do.

Here's where you're wrong. Superman would've beat hulk even faster. Superman fights enemies more durable than hulk that don't get knocked out after being beat through a building or after a few punches.

Here is where you show hulk taking strikes from Thor that are more powerful than what superman can dish out. I'll be waiting.

Citation that superman "took 15% of the nuke energy"?

Yes, nebula is somehow going to magically create kryptonite to kill superman. She's such a genius /s

Iron man wouldn't dent superman's skin by punching him in the manner that he did to thanos. If anything, superman would've killed iron man.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Superman doesn't have better striking feats

Hulk has koed and stopped the leviathan (Ranging from 200-300 tons) whats superman done? Hit 1 tonners?

And show a feat that suggests superman would beat hulk quicker than thanos. He has never knocked out an opponent in 10 seconds flat

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By jashugan

@miekskywalker: Superman is stronger than Thanos. Superman is faster than Thanos. Hulk did not hit Thanos as hard as he stopped the Leviathan. Superman would use his superior strength and speed to beat hulk in "10 seconds flat".

That leviathan punch would've helped against him against Thanos, Thor and Hulkbuster.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Where the feats to suggest that?

And thor and thanos are much more durable than a leviathan.

Hulk buster was specifically designed to tank and constantly had to get repairs from veronica

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: Hulkbuster KO's hulk. Looks like it busted him.

And that is supposed to mean that Hulk punched Thanos as hard as he punched the leviathan?

What are Thanos "striking feat"?

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killers10333 said:

@motm: are you suggesting that dceu supes hits harder than people like comic thor and comic supes because their punches arent drawn with shockwaves?

Look at what the punches actually do, thats the best way to analyze the feats

And based on the damage done by those punches, they are below thanos

@motm said:

@killers10333: You're making a straw man. I never once suggested that I'm saying DCEU Superman hits consistently harder than Thanos and he does.

Not by feats. What feat puts Thanos above Superman striking? His Hulk feat? Not even close, Supermans average punches are harder than any single punch from that exchange. His Iron Man feat? Superman one shotted a world engine. What feats are you talking about?

@motm: "i never once suggested that im saying dceu supes hits consistently harder than thanos"

Not a great start

@motm said:
@killers10333 said:

Not a great start

DCEU Superman hits consistently harder than *MCU Thanos. Did you think about was talking about comic Thanos for some reason? He couldn't be irrelevant to this thread, just as comic Supes couldn't be more irrelevant.

@motm: what are you talking about? In my first post to you, i mentioned that fact that you were incorrectly analyzing the feats. Then you responded by claiming you never said dceu superman hits harder than mcu thanos. In that same post, you started talking about how dceu supes hits harder than mcu thanos

@motm said:

@killers10333: What are you talking about?

I made the point Superman hits consistently harder than Thanos because he consistently creates shockwaves with his punches unlike Thanos, you then brought up a straw man about how just because they don't create shockwaves in the comics they aren't as powerful as the movies, which I refuted for ridiculousness.

DCEU Superman hits harder than MCU Thanos and has better striking and blunt durability feats and easily wins as per this thread. I can't be more clear, I've been making that point for awhile now, not sure how you missed it.

Look at our thread of responses. I brought up comic superman and thor because they dont use shockwaves yet CLEARLY hit harder because of the damage done. Its the exact same in the movies. The choice of visual effects doesnt directly correlate to the damage done. For example,

Here you see shockwaves, look at how high superman flies. Compare that to this:

Here you ALSO see shockwaves. So because they had the same shockwaves they were just as powerful? No, the first gif OBVIOUSLY shows a much stronger punch. How do you know? By actually analyzing what happened because of the punch. Thats what I am saying to you. Just because the punches have shockwaves (which, by the way, are NOT the same as sonic booms. Lets get that straight.), does not mean they were powerful.

Second, what I brought up was not a straw man. I didnt deter from your response because what I said was easier to beat, I made an apt comparison so you understood what I meant. Adding shockwaves to look cool does not indicate power. In fact, those punches clearly arent hypersonic or supersonic because you see the cars falling in the background as regular speed. Zod gets off 5 punches in around the time it takes the nose of the car to reach the ground in frame.

Now, if you want to know how powerful thanos's punches are:

Hulk takes this

And this

And yet in 12 hits and a slam, thanos knocks out hulk

Loading Video...

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: thanos’ striking feat knocking hulk out in 10 seconds with ease. (Superman even with his speed couldn’t even knock steppenwolf out in 10 seconds )

Breaking bleeding edge faster than it can repair (Only one in the film to cause actual damage to the armour)

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By miekskywalker

@killers10333: people don’t understand directors direct things differently. Some prefer to not use shockwaves some do.

Like fox qs would have caused a huge shockwave but he doesn’t due to the directors choice

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jashugan

@miekskywalker: that's a feat for steppenwolf because supes cared more about having innocents than fighting him.

so thanos doesn't have any physical feats putting him above superman.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: That makes no sense he literally fought him and didn't knock him out.

And you didn't even give a feat of superman's that's better than thanos'

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: Superman punched steppenwolf, left to help cyborg. Punched steppenwolf again and left to help civilians. Wonder Woman was the one that defeated Steppenwolf.

Better feats than Thanos: Supes vs Zod, Supes vs Doomsday, Supes vs Steppenwolf.

You literally didn't post anything Thanos did that supes couldn't do. it's impressive to knock out the hulk. Hulk's durability however has nothing that supes couldn't replicate. Knocked through buildings? Supes has been knocked through multiple and got back up no scratch.

Knocked out by Hulkbuster, never happened to supes, only a nuke did that. Knocked out by Thanos, never happened to supes and supes fought 3 kryptonians comparable to him with military training.

Trying to show what Hulk did and claiming thanos could do the same is not a feat for Thanos.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: I used hulks striking feats to show how thanos tanked his punches and his strength feats to show how thanos overpowers him when hulk has his hands around his neck.

Thanos has been stabbed never died unlike supes.

In the zod fight zod was getting the advantage on supes when a normal sized car dropped on him...

How you comparing a team buster with a guy who struggles with 1v1s?

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By jashugan

@miekskywalker: The one specific strength feat everyone always uses is the leviathan one. How does this mean when hulk punched Thanos in side that ship, Hulk punched with the same strength? Superman punches harder than Hulk consistently and has far greater durability & speed than Hulk & Thanos.

Superman got killed by Kryptonite. Thanos has no kryptonite. You fail pretty hard.

Superman has a small mass, so a car can shift him. Just like Thanos head was being knocked around by spiderman.

What the hell is a "team buster"? Superman killed Zod. Superman beat Faor & Namek. What a struggle.

Superman beat steppenwolf, what a struggle.

Are you going to properly provide evidence for any strength or durability feats for thanos or keep piggy backing on Hulk?

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Team beat steppenwolf.

Spidermans kicks gave no advantage to his team (Unlike cars falling on superman)

Superman killed zod in a long prolonged fight (Thanos wipes the floor with hulk)

Doesn't matter if superman was killed by kryptonite stormbreaker is everyone's kryptonite

Provide a feat of superman punching harder than hulk (GL finding a better one than the surtur one)

Some feats for thanos since you want them so much

Tanks vibranium spiked shield to the chin

Tanks spacecraft which only pisses him off (Before you say he uses the power gem he doesn't he tries using the space gem doesn't use it in time and gets hit)

Tanks strormbreaker impalement and is seen sitting down enjoying the view next scene

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By jashugan

@miekskywalker: the advantage that zod had over clark ... was to die? I'm not sure where you're going with this car thing or how moving someone that is the size of a human but doing no damage means anything.

Yes, Thanos is going to get Stormbreaker to fight Clark.

Why don't you provide a feat of Thanos punching harder than Clark? I have already provided Clark's feats in a previous post that you replied to.

I didn't know being impaled and nearly dying is "tanking". Looks like Superman tanked a nuke.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By miekskywalker

@jashugan: You proved no feat of superman hitting harder

And thanos striking feats are knocking out an experienced hulk (Gladiator pits) In 10 seconds. Hulk has tanked hits from mjolnir.

Also destroying ironmans armour quicker than it could repair (No one else in the film could cause decent damage to it)

When did i say thanos is getting stormbreaker? It was a tank feat for thanos lol. Its like you saying cyborg tanked supermans heatvision so lets give cyborg heat vision.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: I provided the feats that superman has that Thanos doesn't.

Mjolnir doesn't hit that hard nor will you prove every instance it hit hulk were it's best feats.

Iron Man has nanotech armor with nanomachines. Because it was forced to regenerate so much, it started regenerating very slowly. It's not as impressive as you believe because Thanos already wore down the armor with damage. Superman would do the same.

Getting stabbed through your chest and you bending down and dying is not tanking. Bringing up stormbreaker is just showing Thanos limits.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By miekskywalker

@jashugan: Mjolnir doesn't hit hard? What you smoking? thor straight up uppercuts him with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLD9xzJ4oeU 2:20 how isn't that a hard hit? Hulk definitely felt it

You proved nothing the feats you showed are no match

Ironmans armour is impressive it was doing great against maw and cull but thanos damage output was to much for ironman

Getting stabbed by the 2nd most OP weapon in dceu/mcu and then being completely fine a minute later isnt a good feat? (Anyone else excluding dormammu would be dead)

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: Mjolnir does not hit with the same force everytime Thor fights.

No match for what? Punching Hulk that has been KO'd before?

Iron Man's armor is impressive. Iron Man's armor is not superman.

Thanos wasn't "fine" after being stabbed, he had to teleport away and made a comment saying "should've aimed for the head".

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Yeah that comment proves the chest hit wasnt fatal to him so how is that a good response from you?

Check the video I linked in comment 248 and explain how it isn't a hard hit