Superman (DCEU) vs Thanos (MCU)- Read OP

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batman242:

Thanos is the very first AFAIK that did something other than come with kinetic energy. So we can't say for sure that no other super strong character can't. As far as I see it, It's not a good enough feat to put him on top of any one else.

I appreciate the logic of that, but I think it leaves us assuming too much about Vibranium without much hard proof. I'd feel comfortable accepting it if Vibranium had failed under similar circumstances, though to my knowledge, it hasn't. As far as I can tell, it's only failed against very sharp attacks, like Corvus Glaive's spear, Black Panther's claws, and Wanda's telekinesis.

But if we do for arguments sake accept that, then we're stuck looking for specific crushing feats for the relevant characters, which are also lacking in quantity, and quantifiability. That's why I'm riding the, "Vibranium is too inconsistent to say its durability is only attributed to its absorbing properties," train. Because then Vibranium more or less has a blanket "blunt force" durability which becomes relevant for this fight.

Well, like I said, this is because of it's property. On Earth those outside of Wakanda use Vibranium primarily for weapons. Just look at the first thing they did with it; create a shield. Stark (whichever you're referring to) has mostly used them for combat scenarios and in combat, there's lots of kinetic energy being tossed around, so in terms of that, it is pretty durable.

If you can show me more feats of Vibranium's durability outside of absorbing energy, I'd concede.

Again, the logic is totally there, but Vibranium is sooo inconsistent with that alleged property, that I find it hard to believe it to be the governing property that's been dictating its durability.

Heck, in the first Cpt. America movie, bullets shot at the shield drop dead cold at his feat, yet in the second film, he's able to redirect incoming streams of bullets to his enemies, and they retain enough velocity even to be lethal. It seems to deflect kinetic energy as often as it ever absorbs it.

Specifically crushing durability, The first I found was the shield propping open Hydra automatic doors, but I don't have any way of knowing how strong those doors are.

No Caption Provided

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much ignorance in this battle..so apparently we have Superman and Thanos fighting on a ship, and no one gets knocked out the ship..without flight, this battle is pointless..They're both gonna be swinging in the vastness of space?Lol..Still superman hits way harder than Thanos..So the Madman will be the 1st one floating in space..Thanos struggled while trying to body slam Hulk..a body slam from Superman would send Hulk through the ship.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@motm: This is a separate thread. I asked you first. Quantify the punch. Saying, "he hits harder than Thanos" doesn't quantify the punch and it's nothing more than baseless speculation and wishful thinking. No facts. Superman's punch to Nam-Ek which sent him flying into a train which derailed a couple train cars is a good feat, but simply punching a character a couple hundred feet away while simultaneously breaking the sound barrier is incomparable. It's not even quantifiable. Prove me wrong.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anybody here actually prove that Superman hits harder than Thanos?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4 said:

@batman242:

Thanos is the very first AFAIK that did something other than come with kinetic energy. So we can't say for sure that no other super strong character can't. As far as I see it, It's not a good enough feat to put him on top of any one else.

I appreciate the logic of that, but I think it leaves us assuming too much about Vibranium without much hard proof. I'd feel comfortable accepting it if Vibranium had failed under similar circumstances, though to my knowledge, it hasn't. As far as I can tell, it's only failed against very sharp attacks, like Corvus Glaive's spear, Black Panther's claws, and Wanda's telekinesis.

But if we do for arguments sake accept that, then we're stuck looking for specific crushing feats for the relevant characters, which are also lacking in quantity, and quantifiability. That's why I'm riding the, "Vibranium is too inconsistent to say its durability is only attributed to its absorbing properties," train. Because then Vibranium more or less has a blanket "blunt force" durability which becomes relevant for this fight.

Well, like I said, this is because of it's property. On Earth those outside of Wakanda use Vibranium primarily for weapons. Just look at the first thing they did with it; create a shield. Stark (whichever you're referring to) has mostly used them for combat scenarios and in combat, there's lots of kinetic energy being tossed around, so in terms of that, it is pretty durable.

If you can show me more feats of Vibranium's durability outside of absorbing energy, I'd concede.

Again, the logic is totally there, but Vibranium is sooo inconsistent with that alleged property, that I find it hard to believe it to be the governing property that's been dictating its durability.

Heck, in the first Cpt. America movie, bullets shot at the shield drop dead cold at his feat, yet in the second film, he's able to redirect incoming streams of bullets to his enemies, and they retain enough velocity even to be lethal. It seems to deflect kinetic energy as often as it ever absorbs it.

Specifically crushing durability, The first I found was the shield propping open Hydra automatic doors, but I don't have any way of knowing how strong those doors are.

No Caption Provided

I don't think this discussion warrants a tit for tat kind of response, so I'll just be brief.

We agree that Vibranium is inconsistent with it's absorption properties.

While you've shown the other pressure feat concerning Vibranium, it pales in comparison to Thanos'. There's also the fact that Vision is laced with Vibranium rather than being one big chunk of it like Cap's shield. Vision is composed of artificial tissue and Vibranium.

I simply don't see substantial evidence to think the feat of crushing Vibranium puts one character than much above anyone else.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: This is a separate thread. I asked you first. Quantify the punch. Saying, "he hits harder than Thanos" doesn't quantify the punch and it's nothing more than baseless speculation and wishful thinking. No facts. Superman's punch to Nam-Ek which sent him flying into a train which derailed a couple train cars is a good feat, but simply punching a character a couple hundred feet away while simultaneously breaking the sound barrier is incomparable. It's not even quantifiable. Prove me wrong.

You don't even know what you're talking about. I already have "quantified the punch", Superman consistently creates sonic booms, you have to punch at the speed of sound to do that, that's more force than Thanos has ever displayed. Go ahead and quantify Thanos strongest punch against Superman one shotting a world engine and we'll see. Hint hint, it's not close.

Supermans striking feats shit on Thanos. Even if you scale him to Hulk he still hits harder because Hulk has two times been shown to create sonic booms on a punch while Superman does it every time he throws, and his world engine feat is better than Hulks leviathan by force. To say nothing of having strength feats that dwarf Hulk and Thanos, and Thanos can't put him down because he's taken hits from Zod and Doomsday who also hit a lot harder than Thanos.

Superman snaps his purple neck.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: The speed of sound is over 720 mph. Everybody knows that, but what kind of kinetic force comes from hitting somebody with a punch like that? That is what you have always failed to answer. Speed is not striking power.

Superman hit the top or head of the world engine which is way smaller than the space whale that Hulk one-shotted. Failing to have shockwaves from your punches doesn't mean you don't hit as hard. 616 Hulk and New-52 Superman don't always create shockwaves when he punches either, maybe he hits less hard than DCEU Superman?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos wins, although it's much harder than against Hulk

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos under these conditions

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the punches that superman always displays are not at the speed of sound.To even say that those punches create sonic booms is just wrong. They are shockwaves produced by the impact of his punches. if i should clap,a small shockwave is produced,and though i cant see it,I can feel the air displacement. Characters of superior strength who put more focus on their impacts will create a shockwave,not sonic booms.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996 said:

@motm: The speed of sound is over 720 mph. Everybody knows that, but what kind of kinetic force comes from hitting somebody with a punch like that? That is what you have always failed to answer. Speed is not striking power.

Superman hit the top or head of the world engine which is way smaller than the space whale that Hulk one-shotted. Failing to have shockwaves from your punches doesn't mean you don't hit as hard. 616 Hulk and New-52 Superman don't always create shockwaves when he punches either, maybe he hits less hard than DCEU Superman?

Again, I already have quantified the strikes. The expression of the power of the punches are demonstrated in the shockwaves they consistently create, that is quantifying. I've already shown the Kyrptonians, really all of them, hit consistently harder than Thanos or Hulk. Even Supermans high end feats are better.

No Caption Provided

Superman one shotted the world engine that was was lifting multiple cars and leveling skyscrapers, more impressive than the leviathan which couldn't level a parking garage.

No Caption Provided

Yeah and his Nam Ek punch too which sent far away and derailed several multi ton train cars.

No Caption Provided

The same Superman that could do all that only got stronger in BvS, and Doomsday was ragdolling him and hitting him with blows that would KO Thanos since he was bloodied by Iron Man.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So Superman still has better blunt durability feats and striking feats than Thanos confirmed.

Not to mention Superman is still vastly physically stronger as far as lifting feats than Thanos or Hulk as well.

So basically Superman knocks Thanos out, picks him up over his head and body slams him.

the punches that superman always displays are not at the speed of sound.To even say that those punches create sonic booms is just wrong. They are shockwaves produced by the impact of his punches. if i should clap,a small shockwave is produced,and though i cant see it,I can feel the air displacement. Characters of superior strength who put more focus on their impacts will create a shockwave,not sonic booms.

son·ic boomˈsänik bo͞om/nounplural noun: sonic booms

1. a loud explosive noise caused by the shock wave from an aircraft traveling faster than the speed of sound.

That's how you create sonic booms, by punching at the speed of sound. The shockwaves are indicative of the force he's producing from the power of those punches.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 X_insignia1  Online

Lol@folks arguing against the sonic boom punches. Didn't the director confirm the shock waves resulted from their supersonic punches + power in an interview?

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Supes via BFR. Without the IG Thanos is a solid underdog here.

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: The only reason why the world engine was able to destroy multiple objects was because it was manipulating gravity in order to crush the objects. The world engine worked to change the gravity that was produced by the planet,thus cars would be crushed if the gravity was greater.

Then again, lifting feats don't matter in a fight, especially in a fight this intense. Superman may have raw power, but Thanks just has combat experience. He might be able to outsmart him here.

You also said Thanos got bloodied. That was a miserable cut he had on his head. Thanos himself asked Iron Man, all of that for a drop of blood. Not to mention that with his new suit, Iron Man might be the second strongest character in the Avengers right now, apart from Thor.

You might say Drax used his knives to cut him, but his knifes are not from earth, we have no idea what they were made of, plus Drax was possessing a high level of superhuman strength.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tronmest35: Well yes that just goes to show the destructive force that was at play, not to mention Superman was explicitly stated to be weakened by it's energy because it was making the world like Kyrpton. Yet he was able to overcome that energy and one shot it.

Superman could get him in a headlock and choke him or snap his neck, or just peel Thanos hands off him like he did to Hulk. Lifting could come into to play if they grapple, in which case Superman would have a big advantage. He's also plenty skilled himself as he had to beat three militant Kyrptonians with equalized stats in MoS.

But Superman hits a lot harder than Iron Man. If Iron Man could do that with a punch that wasn't even as impressive as Supermans average punches, Superman's hardest punch would send him flying with a lot more damage. Eh, I still think Hulk is stronger, Iron Man just showed good skill to be able to get to Thanos.

I wouldn't use that against his blunt durability anyways, but his other durability feats still aren't enough not to get KOed by Superman.

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Tronmest35

@motm: Zod was the only one who could possess equalized stats with superman. Plus Zod had much of the advantage during their fight. Superman is the most powerful Kryptonian under yellow sunlight,but his skills only come under street boxing and grappling. Faora even told him when they were fighting that he was unsure of himself, and in character superman tends to hold back. It was after a while that he finally got the upper hand, not because of just his skill but he was finally releasing more of his power as evidenced when he hit Nam-Ek

A sonic boom produces a thunderclap sound when active. However in all their fights superman had, superman has never produced a sonic boom. It is just the sound of his punched connecting that we hear. Even bullets produce a crack or pop sound when they go supersonic. Superman only produces sonic booms when he flies at supersonic speed

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By macleen

Superman wrecks

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tronmest35: No they all did, Zod was just the only one to get fully adapted and hone his senses. They were all equally as strong and fast as Clark and even manhandled him a number of times, they just didn't have their sense honed or other abilities like heat vision.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He literally had to adapt to their fighting style and skills to win. They were all militant soldiers trained from birth and Superman had to get enough skill to overcome them, those are his skill feats. Their stats were equalized.

Yeah your last paragraph is just simply incorrect.

No Caption Provided

Literally every single punch Superman and Zod threw was at FTS and made sonic booms. I can upload the video with audio, but I really shouldn't have to because we can clearly see the shockwaves.

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Tronmest35

@motm: yeah try getting the audio,u won't hear anything concerning a sonic boom.Sonic booms display a thunder clap sound if the object is moving intensely fast. That isn't what is happening here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has more and better feats.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tronmest35: I still think you're unclear on what a sonic boom is exactly.

A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object traveling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate significant amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead or the crack of a bullwhip are examples of a sonic boom in miniature.

Loading Video...

Every single punch they throw is moving FTS and creating shockwaves that produce sonic booms. I'm not sure how else to tell you lol?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@noone1996 said:

Again, I already have quantified the strikes. The expression of the power of the punches are demonstrated in the shockwaves they consistently create, that is quantifying.

Lmfao so the shockwaves in the video itself speaks volumes about the quantification of the feat. No calculations or explanation needed. Basically, shockwaves from hits are impressive because look there's shockwaves in the gif. Seems legit. When I get enough time one day I'll respond to your ridiculous claims in more depth.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still pinches his skull.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Superman has more and better feats.

Nothing he did is better than Thanos stomping Hulk. And without super speed Superman gets the same treatment.
MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By MoTM

@noone1996 said:

Lmfao so the shockwaves in the video itself speaks volumes about the quantification of the feat. No calculations or explanation needed. Basically, shockwaves from hits are impressive because look there's shockwaves in the gif. Seems legit. When I get enough time one day I'll respond to your ridiculous claims in more depth.

Yeah you're just not comprehending things well. The second thread now you've try to pull something like this. I literally already quantified the punch, you have yet to quantify a damn thing while I showed GIFs of them blasting massive craters in the ground with their shockwaves alone. Show Thanos hitting that hard.

I'm sure you won't because last time you tried you got brutally stomped in an argument thinking Iron Man could beat Wonder Woman lmao, as if.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: Talk about irony and hypocrisy... Except this isn't just the second thread where you repeated your debunked and baseless arguments over and over again without explanation while everybody laughed at you. Again, shockwaves and sonic booms by themselves do not prove shit. Repeating that you already "quantified" it by posting a gif that doesn't actually explain anything or calculate the kinetic force from shockwaves or breaking the sound barrier, also doesn't prove shit. The only thing that was stomped in that thread was the notion that you don't have enough time on your hands. Just wait.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MoTM

@noone1996: Lmao right cause I was the one being laughed at, sure thing.

Wait for what? I destroyed your arguments already and you ranted hysterically then as you're doing now. You haven't proven a single thing again while I've multiple times presented evidence of why Superman consistently hits harder than Thanos due to the shockwaves and force he produces, pretty obvious.

Thanos doesn't have a single punch harder than Supermans casual punches and you know it, and even if you scale him to Hulk his best striking and durability feats are still better. So you're getting butthurt by facts again lol.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos loses, he's good but not Superman-good.

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: @motm: seems like the thread is getting too hot for u guys,why is comicvine the only site where fanboyism beats logic?

GreedoSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is wanked way too hard. Stomping hulk is not that impressive

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tronmest35: I'm completely fine, I just don't know why you tried to deny there shockwaves were creating sonic booms when Snyder made a clear effort to visual their punches that way the whole time.

Superman hits consistently harder than Thanos even in MoS.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Noone1996

@motm: Tell me what busting level punching and creating shockwaves/sound barrier is at. Multi building level? City block busting level? Does it take 300 tons of force to do that? Does it take less? More? Quantify it. And no, pointing out the speed is not quantifying it. And no, saying "I already did REEEEEEEEE" is also not quantifying it or an argument.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: You're asking for fan calcs, I already have quantified the punch, the power is expressed in the shockwaves Superman consistently creates in his strikes, just because you don't want to accept that Superman hits harder is not my problem. He hits consistently harder as I've already shown and has better high end feats than Hulk or Thanos.

Let's make it simple, show Thanos creating a shockwave with a punch one time. Give me the feat that's better than Superman one shotting the world engine, punching DD miles in space, or even punching Nam Ek and derailing several train cars. You can't do it because Superman striking shits on Thanos and Hulk and he also has a lot better strength feats.

You're setting up straw mans again because you don't actually have any feats to back up your claims. Feat for feat Superman hits a lot harder, is a lot stronger and more skilled.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: are you suggesting that dceu supes hits harder than people like comic thor and comic supes because their punches arent drawn with shockwaves?

Look at what the punches actually do, thats the best way to analyze the feats

And based on the damage done by those punches, they are below thanos

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By MoTM

@killers10333: You're making a straw man. I never once suggested that I'm saying DCEU Superman hits consistently harder than Thanos and he does.

Not by feats. What feat puts Thanos above Superman striking? His Hulk feat? Not even close, Supermans average punches are harder than any single punch from that exchange. His Iron Man feat? Superman one shotted a world engine. What feats are you talking about?

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: "i never once suggested that im saying dceu supes hits consistently harder than thanos"

*Proceeds to suggest that dceu supes consistently hits harder than thanos

Not a great start

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of powers thanos has not shown during the movie, and he held back most of the time, he defeated hulk in less than a minute, superman does not have the striking feats to suggest he can hang with hulk and beat him in less than a minute

Thanos stomps

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killers10333: He cant hit harder than hulk, its been debunked time and time again

So he most certainly is not hitting harder than thanos

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos everytime...

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By mikesterman

Guys, iron man and captain America were throwing his head back with their punches. Hell, iron man made him bleed. If they had Superman’s strength, they would’ve beat him.

Superman has that strength and he’s no slouch, he showed he was capable of taking on skilled fighters like faora and Zod.

Superman wrecks him.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996:

He punched namek much farther than a couple hundred feet. Not just that but he punched him through those trains. He hit him so hard he traveled that distance with enough velocity to puncture through several train cars.

Superman also ragdolls everyone he hits no matter how large they are. He knocked Steppanwolf around like a pinball and was even knocking back Doomsday with a jab.

When Thanos was punching people he wasn't hitting with near the force at best they would just fall down. He even struggled to lift the hulk over his head. Superman destroys him.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-Cavill wins here.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman still beats Thanos by being much stronger and more durable. He's already beat "skilled" military before.

@noone1996:You do know that making a sonic boom by moving and throwing punches literally means you're breaking the sound barrier by moving and throwing punches? Superman does that

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

Thanos. He beat the Hulk down, in a few seconds, so bad that he was afraid to even come out again. In this battle Superman does not have his speed. The only way Superman wins here is BFR.

Hulk was not afraid to come out, that's a misconception.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Hulk was definitely afraid to come out

Saucesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By phillip33

Thanos is more skilled, strikes far harder, and is more durable. Speeds the only thing that keeps Superman in this fight, and it’s gone here.

People saying that thanos not knocking hulk flying with his punches makes his punches weak are absolutely laughable. The hulk has been sent flying plenty of times while taking less damage than each of thanos’ punjes. Thanos did far, far more damage to hulk than thor has ever accomplished with his strikes, and he ALREADY had superior striking power to Superman in before ragnarok. Superman gets pummeled here as bad as hulk did.