Superman and Orion

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner

No Caption Provided

Rules-

• Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint Feats

• Unamped Versions for all characters.

• Win by any means (Includes BFR, Submission, KO with 10-second count and Death).

• Characters are 100% serious to win.

#2 Posted by King-Ragnar (5182 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way. Kyle vs Orion is a toss up, so is Clark vs Hal.

#3 Posted by reaverlation (25964 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle or Hal takes out Superman with kryptonite. Orion dies after

#4 Posted by Bolerathon (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Id like to say lanterns FTW , but even i have to admit , that even a non amped superman could very likely win the fight on his own.

#5 Edited by Bolerathon (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion distracts Hal , as Superman takes out Rayner , crushing his ring , meanwhile Hal whips Orion , only to be left with Superman , who , using his speed , evades Hal long enough to drain his ring , then goes for the jugular. Meanwhile , a weepy hopeless Rayner tries to reforge the dust his ring was reduced to into a ring again , succeeding , only to have Supes grab both his hands , preventing said ring to join with Rayner , and then proceeds to violently head-butt Rayner into kingdom come.

#6 Posted by TheKinfing (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle & Hal.

#7 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

since time to time have states superman is more powerul than hal,and kyle artificially kryptonite only use at all justice league barely holding superman let kyle have time to use it,then added orion,i must say team 1 win

the brave and bold 22

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lanterns r versatile but it always feels like for all that they struggle most against physical powerhouses

#9 Posted by somayareece (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_: Their power work based on will. It takes more will power to fight against physical powerhouses or their constructs would just get broken easily.

#10 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece: I know that I mean in general brawlers like Supes give them more problems than most. For example I’d say Hal would do better against Silver Surfer than an angry Superman.

#11 Edited by gunchar16 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns, Superman is a weak link.

#12 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17537 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns, Superman is a weak link.

#13 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle & Hal.

Hal stomps Clark and then helps Kyle right?

#14 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12210 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is a hard decision.

#15 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle’s shields are too durable for them.

Here it takes a solar system busting blast.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103530/3612252-9834575673-29301.jpg

#16 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle has also made a blast which Flash claimed would take Wonder woman’s head off. He genuinely thought her life was in danger.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-2bbdb74c787bb836bb73f2b4a02cdd7c

He has also oneshotted her in virtue and vice.

#17 Posted by Kirkseven (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1, barley.

#18 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle and Hal take this. Hal has defeated Zod amped by two yellow suns and became will itself to defeat Parallax Sinestro. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111366683/6663557-c8a27e80-79fb-483c-b57e-bd06d60723ea.jpeg

#19 Posted by Alsimmons77 (2048 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, Kyle and Hal takes this. Kyle shields are more durable and Hal has the firepower.

Kyle also was 24 hours using his ring to stop Orion from dying so I don’t know if they would fight.

#21 Posted by Stefano (2618 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn’t Hal just beats zod in a planet with two yellow suns? He beats Clark and both him and Kyle take down Orion

#22 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for breaking_brads_void
#23 Posted by Breaking_Brads_Void (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark and Orion beat the overrated Lantern duo

#24 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@breaking_brads_void: Superman’s overrated. Lanterns are not. Kyles shields and Hal’s power gets them the solid w.

#25 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@breaking_brads_void: Superman’s overrated. Lanterns are not. Kyles shields and Hal’s power gets them the solid w.

While I don't argue on my own threads. I will add some extra information. Kyles shields have been broken by Superman level opponents and Superman has the speed edge. Kyle is slow as f. Hal Jordan while OP lacks resistance to blunt force trauma which Superman can easily produce with speedblitzing opponents. Orion is here to balance the shields of Kyle. He is as durable as Kyles best constructs and is having more clear-cut feats that are better.

#26 Posted by reaverlation (25964 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartaforever said:

While I don't argue on my own threads. I will add some extra information. Kyles shields have been broken by Superman level opponents and Superman has the speed edge. Kyle is slow as f. Hal Jordan while OP lacks resistance to blunt force trauma which Superman can easily produce with speedblitzing opponents. Orion is here to balance the shields of Kyle. He is as durable as Kyles best constructs and is having more clear-cut feats that are better.

Hal's shields as well as other Lanterns shields have been broken by Superman level characters. Difference in this thread is that they are 100% serious and aware of the opponents they're facing. Superman has to put everything he had to just punch a small hole in John's construct and Kyle's constructs are better. And I don't recall Orion having better durability feats than Kyle unless there's some post-flashpoint feats I'm unaware of.

#27 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation said:
@empressofdread said:
@spartaforever said:

Hal's shields as well as other Lanterns shields have been broken by Superman level characters. Difference in this thread is that they are 100% serious and aware of the opponents they're facing. Superman has to put everything he had to just punch a small hole in John's construct and Kyle's constructs are better. And I don't recall Orion having better durability feats than Kyle unless there's some post-flashpoint feats I'm unaware of.

A 100% Serious Superman would likely go for blitzing, like I said Kyle is slow as f and he can be blitzed he has been blitzed and dispatched. His shields best shields (talking about Kyle) take powering up from the "ring" which take some time. Auto shields are there but they still get inflicted with blunt force trauma. I am not sure, Superman has also shattered Jons construct casually, which case you were talking about? Post-flashpoint Orion tanked star level attacks and in Pre-52 is at least as durable as Superman by scaling from Darkseid and Superman. Kyle "constructs" are durable as Orion he is not.

#28 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartaforever: first,superman already have smiliar feats,like one-shot mageddon in jla 41(even more impressive,because mageddon essentially is a universal level threat).second,in virture and vice,kyle is surprising WW by stabbed her in the back with energy blast,and ww won't be knoch out,in next few panels,you can clearly see ww still have juice to fight.third,post-flashpoint superman also easily break hal construst in n52 justice league,and superman could stalement zod+his two aide in superman new krypton,also,you just say hal defeat amped zod,but why you don't mention zod family easily take down lanterns in former issues?fourth,paranoid(effect by dominus)superman already one punch break kyle's construct.fifth,i don't know how superman is overrated?dc website say he is most powerful being on earth,comics described he is most powerful being on earth,jla issues say he is justice league big gun,etc.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and Pax Dei(the literal army of God) were so certain that Mageddon was going to destroy the universe that they completely abandoned it, and had actually began engineering an entirely new universe to replace it:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

paranoid(effect by dominus)superman already one punch break kyle's construct

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#29 Edited by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

and time to time,proved superman have nanosecond level's battle speed

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

even more impressive is his speed always consider only lower than flashes(barry or wally and reverse-flash )

No Caption Provided

time masters:vanishing point,reverse-flash even states that superman battle speed is rival to his own

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

and what the hell,you call this a small hole(half of construct been destroyed,and side effect knoch out hawkman and john)?in next panel,you can clearly see john and hawkman have been unconcious by superman one punch side effect

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#31 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

and i admit hal and kyle is also very possibly win(like green lantern rebirth john defeat superman),but in my opnion is tema 1 more possibly win,because they both have great feats,but comics always states superman is like a one of the most powerful being in normally superhero.anyway,this is a close fight,but i think team 1 have more or less 55 percent to win

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#32 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8064 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 should win.

#33 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

still,put some more evidences that superman have power to against hal or kyle

rebirth superman use his x-ray against multi-planets' energy(superman at weakened state BTW),in justice league 7

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 Orion mvp

#35 Edited by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@qwertyuiop1998: After Eobard said that Clark's speed rivals his own, in the next issue, he was blitzing Superman, along with Hal Jordan, Booster Gold and Rip Hunter, multiple times, and none of them could react. And when they tried to catch him afterwards, none of them succeeded. So, clearly Superman's speed does not rival Eobard's.

#36 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: blitzing superman because reverse-flash get intially attack,and when RF use his speed to create hurricane,superman mananged use speed to negative RF hurricane,and he said to hal"zoom is yours,lantern"mean he didn't want to catch RF,he let hal to catch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#37 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: and i really purpose is not say superman speed equal to reverse flash,i just say superman speed is faster than lanterns(or only slower than flash in justice league),which have many evidence,like in jla-heaven's ladder,said superman could race a speeding photon,and only he clearly heared what flash says

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#38 Edited by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@qwertyuiop1998: Hurricanes by themselves are not impressive since any speedster can create them, and that just means Clark had enough speed to counter it. It is not like they use their full speed to create them. It does not change the fact that Eobard blitzed Clark without him being able to react, even when Clark was aware of his presence.

I mean, the scan you yourself originally posted has Eobard saying how at the end of the day, nobody is as fast as he is. So he outright contradicts himself the second later, making your entite point moot. The only speedster who's speed is rivaled by Clark is Jay Garrick, evident by the fact that they stalemated in a race under Geoff Johns.

#39 Edited by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@qwertyuiop1998: Alright then. Understood. Even tho I disagree with a way you presented it, I can see Clark being faster than the Lanterns.

#40 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: thanks,i apologize the way i presented my opnion,because i'm not very good at conversations.....always just say what pop into my head.............

#41 Posted by NiteLite (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle or Hal takes out Superman with kryptonite. Orion dies after

#42 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle's shields are consistently stronger than their opponents. He's blocked a blast from extant taken an improved probe and contained the power of rhe big bang from imperial. Kyle is not getting beat.

#43 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartaforever: ...........you really want to debut that?i mean superman also consistently is states stronger than green lanterns(at least,physically level,green lanterns also could use them versatile beat supes,like kryptonite,or inner constructs altering,but supes also have same instances,like i said in superman sacrifice,superman one punch side effect one-shot green lantern,or in green lantern volumn 4,same level power cyborg superman could stalement hal and arisa combined attack).and your evidences superman also have,just in same story arc,like zero hour,superman taken a blast from parallax(more powerful than extant),and then he with another heroes charging damage,to create a big bang.and in our worlds at war,kyle though indeed contained rhe big bang energy leakage from imperiex,but this extremely straining for him,and in next issues,superman then sundipped,pushing brainiac's war world(powered by imperiex)without breaking a sweat,and in same story arc,in JLA-OUR WORLDs AT WAR,entire justice league is hardly hand a imperiex probe,and in same sotryarc,superman could solo one probe,and then with doomsday add,could easily destroyed a bunch a imperiex probes.

#44 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartaforever: so like i said,superman and green lantern both could hurt each other pretty bad if they have the chance(superman physical,green lanterns versatile).so this fight could go either way,but since superman always in comics said he is best green lanterns or the planet's most powerful being,so i think team 1 have better opportunities to win

#45 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Kyle's shield takes a solar system busting blast.

Kyle absorbed the power of the Big Bang. That's better than anything.

No Caption Provided

Kyle's subconcious created a construct and was fighting superman. The construct disfigured Superman's face. Kyle even looks shocked saying, "your face, what did i do to your face?! Even Superman says it'll heal (it wasnt just a bruise it was major injury).And that wasn't even kyle that was a construct of kyle that did that damage.

Flash claims Kyle would blast wonder woman's head off.

No Caption Provided

He can take a beating, You know Alan Scott? Kyle took a beating from him.

No Caption Provided

Green Lanterns are often fodderized to face Superman but im not letting anyone do that here.

#46 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartaforever: I think you need to tag your opponent, I can see that you are new to the site. But if you want to reply to @qwertyuiop1998 you need to tag him. You can click on the reply button or quote him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15c5c049c51
#47 Posted by deactivated-5c15c5c049c51 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one, Superman wrecks Hal and goes on to help Orion.

#48 Edited by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Lvenger (36350 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one, Superman wrecks Hal and goes on to help Orion.

Beating Hal is one thing but wrecking him? That's a very strong opinion mate, interesting that you think Clark wrecks Hal.

#50 Posted by SpartaForever (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: On the other hand, I see Hal winning but I don't see Hal wrecking Superman either.

But im actually switching it around i put kyle vs superman and hal vs orion. Kyle vs Superman is a better fight, considering Kyle is probably stronger. He's beaten John Stewart before-https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/34r3j5/respect_green_lantern_kyle_rayner_postcrisis/