Superman vs. WWHulk

Wonder Woman vs. Doc Samson

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Barry Allen Flash vs. Northstar

Martian Manhunter vs. Moondragon

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

Hal Jordan Green Lantern vs. Wonder Man

2nd ROUND BRACKET

Whichever team you thinks wins their round 1 bout first/easiest, rests while the other two winning teams of round 1 square off; winner of that contest rests for a week, then final two teams face each other in a winner takes all showdown. Fights are to KO or incapacitate the opponent so badly they will be out of action for a week. Because of the result of the "Rebirth" story arcs, N52 and Post Crisis feats are allowed for DC characters.

Ready? BEGIN!

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Nice battle

The League get pass the Defenders pretty easy.

The rest are some good match ups

Have to come back an look at the other two match ups Later.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*Whistles* WHOAAA... Hmm. Good match ups here though. This is going to take awhile lol

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: @tedirey: @tensor: Thanks for responding.

Here is some possible individual match-ups:

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan

Starfire vs. Quasar

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill

Wally West Flash vs. Nova

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES VS. X-MEN

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Ice Man

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA VS. THE DEFENDERS

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

To be fairer, the team that wins first/easiest and gets a "bye", has to have a match of their own while the other two remaining, winning teams battle. That "tune up" match will be against The Outsiders (Geo-Force, Black Lightning, Halo, Metamorpho, Captain Marvel Jr., Grace Choi, Looker). If you think the Outsiders would win the "tune up" match---then THEY go on to the final two team, winner take all round!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@theonewhoknows: a very interesting thread, however, a tad bit too crowded, there are soooo many things to factor in that it can get pretty ridiculous..

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice thread

Justice League vs Defender - League in a good fight , Defenders may win if they have Ghost Rider.

Titans vs Annihilators - Annihilators annihilate to be honest.

Legion vs X-men - The X-men.

And when the three winners square it out , Annihilators can pull of a win.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@chimeroid: I was afraid of this-even though I know I put together cool, intriguing match-ups, it's a lot to take in and ponder. Often times, people don't want to burden themselves with thinking too much about stuff like this...

I understand, for those that feel this way. But I wish you would reconsider. You, and the people I've tagged,I've always enjoyed your thoughtful, detailed, snark free, mostly fact based, not unnecessarily rude analysis (even when I disagree with you).

I'll understand if you find the thread too taxing to deal with.

But I hope you'll reconsider...

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Educated

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan not sure

Starfire vs. Quasar

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer from what I know

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES VS. X-MEN not 100% but from what I know I'll give an edge to the legion

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Ice Man

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA VS. THE DEFENDERS----- Toss up Classic Strange is stupid powerful like, and Supes is weak to magic

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Martian Manhunter vs. Moondragon I don't see this getting past a battle of minds, and moondragon has better telepathic feats

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

JLA VS Anni. could go either way depending how you do the match-ups but this is how I would do it.. also theres a chance that classic strange god-stomps all

Superman vs Silver Surfer

Wonder-Women vs Beta Ray Bill

Aquaman vs Ronan none factors in the long run of things anyway

Barry Allen vs Nova

Martian Manhunter vs Gladiator

Zatanna vs Ikon

Hal Jordan vs Quasar

--------------------------------------------------

I'd back Annihilators in a majority assuming Dr.Strange does'nt have anything to say about it

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chimeroid: I was afraid of this-even though I know I put together cool, intriguing match-ups, it's a lot to take in and ponder. Often times, people don't want to burden themselves with thinking too much about stuff like this...

I understand, for those that feel this way. But I wish you would reconsider. You, and the people I've tagged,I've always enjoyed your thoughtful, detailed, snark free, mostly fact based, not unnecessarily rude analysis (even when I disagree with you).

I'll understand if you find the thread too taxing to deal with.

But I hope you'll reconsider...

Oh, i am "reconsidering" the entire time, but i switch opinions a lot... A battle royal can go a lot of different ways. So, unfortunately, i will skip on the battle royal, but i will give my opinion on the matchups you provided:

@onewithreason: @tedirey: @tensor: Thanks for responding.

Here is some possible individual match-ups:

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator - Could go either way. However, the experience edge Gladiator has takes the win for him.

Cyborg vs. Ronan - Too versatile since New 52.

Starfire vs. Quasar - Simply better.

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight - I didn't see enough of Ikon so i have no idea, from what little i have seen Donna should take it, but i can be easily persuaded with a scan or two.

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill - Too versatile with Magic. He could potentially job, but if we assume he is not jobbing he soul rips BRB.

Wally West Flash vs. Nova - 'Nuff said.

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer - This could be an unpopular opinion, but if Raven was bloodlusted she could summon demons and demigods to fight for her all the while attacking Norrin's soul.

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine - Could go either way.

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost - Stomp

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops - THey can oneshot each other, but LL can also fly and has better control of his shots. -

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm - No idea :D

Mon-el vs. Ice Man - Eventually

Superman vs. WWHulk -

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

To be fairer, the team that wins first/easiest and gets a "bye", has to have a match of their own while the other two remaining, winning teams battle. That "tune up" match will be against The Outsiders (Geo-Force, Black Lightning, Halo, Metamorpho, Captain Marvel Jr., Grace Choi, Looker). If you think the Outsiders would win the "tune up" match---then THEY go on to the final two team, winner take all round!

From what i can see, the JL vs the Defenders is the easiest one. Having the combined feats of pre and post flashpoint verses they mostly stomp everyone except Dr Strange.

However, DR strange could still pull wins against the entire JLA... Or get dropped by them depending on the Speedblitz effect. JLA would possibly take the cake in the end simply because they would take more wins than the others.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By helloman

The JLA takes the first round the easiest and the Annihilators win the whole thing.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably go too a bit against some more popular opinions but I say the Titans beat the Annihilators and have the first chance to win the tournament.

An evil Raven had casually oneshotted her brothers, who on top of their own great dark powers and abilities had previously absorbed from Trigon enough power to destroy the universe.

After easily put them down Raven didn't even bothered or considered she need to take those powers for her, but she started to transfer them into the Titans, to transform them in her evil companions and servants, to rule the Earth realm at her side.

In the past a regular Raven (so one who's holding back a lot) had also easily take out an entire Justice League team at once (Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman etc) while simultaneously she had mind controlled her own Teen Titans team, who were seeing an ilusion all that time, implanted by Raven in their minds.

The other Titans are also very versatile combining everything from skills to heavy hitters, very fast moving hitters and powerful ranged attacks

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Definitely too crowded and cluttered, information overload is a big problem on this thread.

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan

Starfire vs. Quasar

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Ice Man

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'd love to say the Defenders could win against the JLA, but I think they're outmatched with Martian Manhunter's TP against Moondragon's, and with the Flash's speed. Their overall level of power, though, with Strange, is probably higher. Perhaps if the Surfer was also on this Defenders team.

The Annihilators, however, would probably win.

Not sure about the DC teams since I'm less knowledgable on them.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League wins

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @helloman: @totu: @tedirey@owie@chimeroid@educated@lvenger@evil-incarnate thanks for responding. @tensor@onewithreason hope you will circle back to this thread to participate in it. @educated have to say a little word about your "Superman is weak to magic" claim-sure, that's right.

After all, here's Superman being "easily" affected by the magic of Skyhook's transmutation http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/81805/1686017-supestransmutation.jpg ---

Oh, wait. Superman resisted it. Pretty impressive, since Skyhook was empowered by Blaze, a MAGICAL Death Goddess powerful enough to challenge Neron for control of the Nether Realms and win (for that matter, despite Blaze having complete MAGICAL control of her realm, Superman, in her VERY LAIR resisted her encasing him in a MAGICAL rock prison which he busted out of http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111271301/5239439-7340797672-jeDnC.jpg placing him in MAGICAL lava lakes which he rose out of http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/1990-08-Action-Comics-Page-B.jpg and withstanding several MAGICAL blasts from her, Superman rescued Jimmy Olson-who's soul she wanted to take- from her, and escaped).

In fact, Kal did more than "escape"---eventually, Supes used his heat vision to create an earthquake that led to a chain reaction which incinerated Blazes' MAGICAL dimension. The trauma was so epic that the likes of Dr. Fate, Raven (who stated she thought only her father Trigon could create such a mystical disturbance) and The Black Racer sensed it---with Racer noting it is the first time ever that Blaze has been defeated

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/supermanrespect2/media/hetvieart_zps2100d05a.jpg.html

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/supermanrespect2/media/hetvieart2_zps819fdef1.jpg.html

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/supermanrespect2/media/hetvieart3_zps9dd09ae1.jpg.html

Okay, bad examples---but speaking of Neron who I mentioned a few moments ago, Supes didn't withstand any of HIS mystical attacks-well except for the time Kal resisted Neron's TP, and here, when Kal resists Neron's MAGICAL attempts to take him over http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/72524/3164178-7238346042-30567.jpg Oh, okay so Neron actually ISN'T a good example...

Surely, THIS example of Superman being magically molecularly manipulated by Disciple counts http://imgur.com/a/JvgnY- oh, but actually, even though Disciple is empowered by several Elder Gods, and his powers alters the bodies of the JLA (including Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter) as the scan show Superman tanks this MAGICAL attack and snatches Disciple's Power Staff.

Well, okay, but the Angel Asmodel's MAGICAL Light Of Heaven attack-which, when effective drives the recipient of it instantly insane-worked http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wonder-woman-vs-magneto-1714954/?page=5 (post 209; click the "spoilers" icon, it's the third scan)---well, no, to Asmodel's intense shock, Superman withstood it and battled on...

Well, this kill shot by Gog on Superman CERTAINLY shows he's vulnerable to magic

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/PhilosophiaKMC/media/GogStaff1.jpg.html

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/PhilosophiaKMC/media/GogStaff2.jpg.html

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/PhilosophiaKMC/media/GogStaff3.jpg.html

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/PhilosophiaKMC/media/GogStaff4.jpg.html

Kingdom Gog’s staff is very powerful, because, as it has the combined power of the Emerald Energy of the Guardians of the Universe, the cosmic energy of the Source, and the MAGICAL might of Shazam and Zeus http://i.imgur.com/qDBgsb3.jpg-- oops, to Gog's startled bafflement, Superman withstands the blast without a mark on him then rescues his various JLA and JSA colleagues.

Hmmmm.

The Kryptonian is no more PARTICULARLY vulnerable to magic than any other mortal; he just can't UTTERLY shrug its effects off ALL the time like most SCIENCE based trauma. In fact, Superman has survived magical attacks that would KILL just about anyone else. So, the Man Of Steel is no more PARTICULARLY vulnerable to magic than Batman, Iron Man, Aunt May, or Perry White (you just can't jump in front of him, yell "Hocus Pocus" and expect him to fall to the ground screaming).

Notice, I am not arguing about anyone's choices on this thread. I just intervene if I think something has been said that is egregiously incorrect, and the magic thing in my view fit that category.

Thanks again for participating, everyone.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan

Starfire vs. Quasar

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Ice Man

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

Round 2: The Justice League of America sits it out, while the X-Men and the Annihlators duke it out. After the Annihilators win, they then proceed to beat the Justice League.

Winner: Annihilators

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Supergirl vs. Gladiator- I think their speed just about equal but Supergirl outclasses him in other areas.

Cyborg vs. Ronan - Cyborg is midtier, don't see Ronan losing here.

Starfire vs. Quasar - She generally has much more impressive feats and high showings.

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight - I don't know Ikon that well, but it seems like a lot of her feats are more implied than actually shown, my money's on Donna.

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill - Tempest has good feats but Beta has been able to go toe to toe with Thor. He should be able to win here.

Wally West Flash vs. Nova - Flash might be faster but Nova has way more planetary level feats.

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer - Surfer has fought way worse and won, don't think he Raven has much of a shot here.

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine - I might be mistaken but doesn't Karate Kid have ridiculously high end feats? Either way, my money's on him.

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost - Generally outclasses her opponent.

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus - Ultra Boy's one power at a time weakness is too severe to win against someone like Colossus.

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops - Way more advanced projectile powers.

Black Witch vs. Magic - I don't Black Witch well, but Illyana has better feats from what my research has shown.

Sun Boy vs. Storm - Outclasses Sun Boy marginally.

Mon-el vs. Ice Man - Mon-El's speed and strength shouldn't be relevant, Bobby will eventually deep freeze him and keep regenerating until his opponent tires.

Superman vs. WWHulk- World War Hulk can put up a better fight than Savage or Gray Hulk could, but he's still not enough to take down a serious Post-Crisis Superman.

Wonder Woman vs. Doc Samson - Outclasses him.

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner - Namor likely has superior strength but in terms of abilities Aquaman should beat him.

Barry Allen Flash vs. Northstar - Too fast and too much speed force hax.

Martian Manhunter vs. Moondragon - Slightly higher end telepathy feats but generally better stats.

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange - Superior magic bending.

Hal Jordan Green Lantern vs. Wonder Man - Way better high end feats and a much more open ended and difficult ability.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator = Depends on who wants it more.

Cyborg vs. Ronan = Ronan wins.

Starfire vs. Quasar = Quasar wins.

Donna Troy vs. Ikon the Space Knight = Donna Troy wins.

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill = BRB wins.

Wally West Flash vs. Nova Prime = Nova Prime wins.

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer = Quickest and most ruthless wins here.

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine = Wolverine guts him.

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost = Saturn Girl wins.

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus = Colossus wins.

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops = Cyclops wins.

Black Witch vs. Magik = Magik wins.

Sun Boy vs. Storm = Storm wins.

Mon-el vs. Ice Man = Bobby wins.

Superman vs. WWHulk = Superman wins.

Wonder Woman vs. Doc Samson = Diana wins.

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner = Namor wins.

Barry Allen Flash vs. Northstar = Barry wins.

Martian Manhunter vs. Moondragon = Manhunter wins.

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange = Dr. Strange wins.

Hal Jordan Green Lantern vs. Wonder Man = Most torn here. Probably Hal wins, but Simon could as well.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine = Karate kid beats him without much trouble

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan

Starfire vs. Quasar

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight -- Who?

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer -- Undecided

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost -- Not enough info from me

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus -- Not enough info from me

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops -- Not enough info from me

Black Witch vs. Magic -- Not enough info from me

Sun Boy vs. Storm -- Not enough info from me

Mon-el vs. Ice Man -- Not enough info from me

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We dove off waaaaayyyy out of my depth here folks. :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PyroFN

Round One:

Titans vs Annihilators

•Supergirl vs Gladiator- Gladiator based on the way his powers work overall. Not by much though. I can be persuaded otherwise with how close this fight is.

•Cyborg vs Ronan- Ronan based on durability and Black Vortex abilities. (He still has those right?)

•Starfire vs Quarsar- Quasar based on his versatility.

•Donna Troy vs Ikon the Space Knight- Donna Troy wins in my book.

•Tempest vs Beta Ray Bill- Beta Ray Bill based on his magical weather manipulation in conjunction with the fact that Tempests powers are water based, meaning lightning vs water.

•Wally West Flash vs Nova: Wally West easily. (So long as Nova is grounded that is. Wally has less advantage if Nova is airborne. It becomes much harder if that isn't the case)

•Bloodlusted Raven vs Silver Surfer- Raven based on magical prowess and less hesitation to kill.

•Concluding fight- Raven andWally ironically enough are all that are needed to deal with everyone else. Winners are the Titans.

X-Men vs Legion of Superheroes

•Wolverine vs Karate Kid- Wolverine. Healing Factor, better physicals, indestructible adamantium claws, and martial arts experience equals a win in my book.

•Saturn Girl vs Emma Frost- Emma Frost. Scanning the universe is great and all, but if Xavier vs Nate Grey has taught us anything, it's that telepathic battles are skilled based first and foremost and then power afterwards. If any one has disagreements with me on that, I would like some skilled based feats for Saturn Girl.

•Ultra Boy vs Colossus- Colossus if he plays smart. That one power at a time weakness is quite a doozy. Ultra boy will need to interchange between powers quite frequently to keep up with Piotr, which lowers his chances of winning.

•Lightning Lad vs Cyclops- Lightning Lad if he can make use of his speed and use his lightning the way Storm did that one time to block Scotts optic blast.

•Black Witch vs Magik- Magik with little effort if she can take them to Limbo.

•Sun boy vs Storm- Storm based on power activation timing.

•Mon-El vs Iceman- Iceman wins rather easily if he doesn't hold back. Mon-El had no way of putting him down and Iceman can simply freeeze him at sun-zero temperatures.

•Concluding outcome- The X-Men have seemed to have swept.

Justice League of America vs Defenders

•Superman vs World War Hulk- Superman based on BFR capabilities.

•Wonder Woman vs Doc Samson- Wonder Woman based on Amazonian training.

•Aquaman vs Namor- Aquaman after some research on both, due to having less weaknesses overall and a cooler head vs Namor.

•Barry Allen vs Northstar- Barry rather easily.

•Martian Manhunter vs Moondragon- Martian Manhunter based on versatile mindset to go along with his powerful psionics.

•Zatanna vs Dr.Strange- Zatanna based on magic being weakened in the Marvel Universe. How much? I am not entirely sure.

•Hal Jordan vs Wonder Man- Hal Jordan, though not easily in my opinion. Wonder Mans energy powers could make this a little tricky for Hal, but more as a speed bump rather than a stop sign if my analogy makes any sense.

•Concluding Match-ups- JSA already have swept this team. No need for an analysis. XD

Round two: JSA get to sit out the first match (due to their overall better physicals in comparison to both teams), making this Titans vs X-Men.

• Titans vs X-Men- Raven and Wally are the mvps of this match-up. Emma would be the one to take out most of the members telepathically with exception of Raven. If Wally by whatever small chance decides to hit Emma first, the Titans can keep more members. Storm, Magik, and Iceman would be the only members left that are actual threats. Storm is a threat for her reaction timing being superior to everyone else's but Wallys, making Wally instrumental in her downfall. Iceman can't be taken down physically, ergo magic from Raven will be instrumental in defeating Iceman. Magik is tricky because if she takes the Titans to Limbo, they are goners. Raven will have to be on her toes constantly against Magik, keeping her from taking the Titans to Limbo permanently and countering Magiks, well, magic. Wally can just take her out quickly, but if he ends up in Limbo, he will have his hands full with Magiks hordes coming in constantly. The other members of the Titans could help in changing the odds, but they can be easily taken down by the powerhouses I mentioned. Ultimately, this won't be an easy match up, but I have confidence that Wally and Raven could take this match up. If either of them are taken down at any point, the Titans have no chance for a win.

•Final match-up: Titans most likely vs the JSA. Unfortunately, this is a match-up against their more experienced counterparts. Supergirl had a leg up in speed over Superman, but not in the other categories, maybe the Amazonian skill can help a bit. Wally and Barry are near impossible for me to setermine since I don't know who can do what to the other, but since the vine refers to Wally as the superior version, I may take their word for it. Donna isn't taking down Wonder Woman, the best of the Amazonian warriors. Cyborgs box thing could help, assuming he isn't one of the first taken out. Raven could come out on top against most of them if she doesn't hold back whatsoever and if Wally can handle Barry long enough. The one who halts her though is Zatanna who could possibly use her magic to counter Raven, but I'm not entirely sure of Ravens past against magic users, ergo in going solely based on power. Tempest won't be much of a factor with Raven already on the team, maybe as back-up to make sure Raven isn't overrun by numbers. The JSA after all have great teamwork and would have most likely by now figured a plan out against Raven, so Tempest could be necessary if Wallys busy. It's a close match-up, but again, it comes down to whether Raven is given the chance to do her thing or if the younger counterparts are overrun by their superiors and gang on Raven accordingly.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@supremegeneration: @rockette: @mutant1230: Thanks so much for responding...

But-

You didn't do an analysis of which team wins round two.

Don't understand how to do that?

Read OP again; look at how @mrmonster in post 22 did it, look at how @pyrofn in post 28 has done theirs so far, and if you have the time and inclination, please complete the analysis of this Super Team Tournament, now that you have the proper information on how to finish it.

As many of you know from being in my threads before, I generally don't comment in my threads, unless I feel there is some pertinent information important enough to impart.

Some characters in this thread, judging from some of the remarks that have been made, are not well known. So here is some information I thought I'd display on-

Tempest Feats:

courtesy of the user EcstaticGrace:

Freezes a island sized tidal wave and turns it to steam

Freezes the Niagara falls as well as entrap a demon in it

Disarms/Stops a bomb by freezing itFreezes a version of Dark Angel

Freezes and restrains Shockwave

Halts Triton's tsunami (Who is using the powers he stole from Poseidon)

and his mystical feats include

Created a dimensional tap

Teleported Atlantis to the past.

Briefly pauses and suprsises The Spectre with Hagen's help

Can sense the dead

Held a dimensional portal open from day to night.

Channeling his magic through the trident

Blast a demon

Stops a magical portal

Cuts off a wale of Magical power Note: Spirit connection amp

And Tempest has various TP and TK abilities that have let him do things like Sends Donna Troy flying with his Optic Blast and Using Telekinesis filters out chemicals from Water; and Using TK filters out chemicals from Aquaman's body-what sort of internal items could Garth "filter out" of his opponents in this tournament if he had a mind to do so?

Saturn Girl:

She is a level 10 psionic, the highest level one can be, among a PLANET of psionics. She has exhibited TK ability. Among the blonde's feats, she has resisted Universo, a TP powerful enough to enthrall the entire Earth and defeated him one on one (on her way to achieving this, she dropped Mon-el and Ultraboy, two Superman level opponents who the villain telepathically sicked on her, with her mental assaults); resisted the mind control of The Emerald Empress' Eye Of Ekron-an AT LEAST Green Lantern Ring power level artifact; and upended Dr. Psycho's TP hold on Cosmic Boy, reviving him when it appeared impossible.

Saturn Girls telepathy is comparable in power level to that of the 20th century's Martian Manhunter, whom in turn is renowned as one of the most powerful telepaths on Earth.

Telepathic Cloak:

She can mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by other telepaths and psychic entities. She can extend these defenses to others around him as well. Cloaking via telepathy is not perfect and powerful psis may notice and "see" through this ability. Her other mental abilities include Telepathic Illusions Mind Control and Psionic Blasts. Therefore:

Saturn Girl has the feats to show that she is AT LEAST a match for any renowned TP in comics.

Black Witch:

Has the combined Mystic Might of three universes of a PLANETFUL of the top Magic wielders, PLUS all of MORDRU'S power. Mordru is a being who's sorcerous powers are amongst the most formidable in the known Universe. As a lord of Chaos he has attunement to the universe. He has a Nigh-Omnipotent Mastery of Magic of the highest order, including Universal Spells, Dimensional Spells, Personal Spells, Flight, Possession, Matter Transmutation: Control over matter at a molecular levelMagic Energy Manipulation: Generation of magical energy in the form of bolts or shields and the formation of solid objects, Regeneration- He can magically heal fatal wounds sustained by himself or those of others-When Alan Scott slashed Mordru's abdomen open with an energy sword, the sorcerer was able to heal the injury in seconds, Healing, Superhuman Durability: During his attack on the Justice-Society in New York, he was able to take multiple blows from Power Girl without serious damage, and was able to withstand a joint attack by the JSA and the Freedom Fighters Superhuman Strength: He has also demonstrated superhuman strength sufficient to lift objects weighing several tons with relative ease.Tap Magical Repository: Already vast on their own, Mordru's power becomes almost invincible by tapping the power of vast repositories of magical energy such as the Rock of Eternity, Fate's artifacts, the Starheart and Arion's body...

...Black Witch has all that kind of power, and more.

That's enough for now (hope it has been informative) @tedirey you said you were going to complete your involvement in this at a later date Well, it's later now---if you have the time, please join in.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theonewhoknows: Sorry for missing that! I was a little confused but seeing Monster's post I think I get it now.

And about the feats... sorry if I ended up lowballing some of the contenders. I don't really follow the Legion of Superheroes and had to just skim over some pages to learn about their power sets. With all you said in mind Saturn Girl should be able to beat Emma Frost but I'm still leaning towards Magik against Black Witch due to her place as the Sorcerer Supreme of the Limbo Dimension and her other feats against powerful demons.

Anyway, he's my answer to Round 2:

I think I'd pretty much do the same thing he does. Justice League sits out while Annihilators fight the X-Men. Annihilators win and proceed to fight the Justice League who I believe they should beat with high difficulty thanks to Silver Surfer and Nova being MVPs.

Feel free to explain if you think I'm still lowballing or not fully grasping the power sets of certain characters.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Very good thread, but I'm on my cellular device. Hard to put all these people down but I will try:

ANNIHILATORS Wins takes most of the wins.

Gladiator

Ronan

Quasar

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight (No idea)

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill (Either way)

Wally West Flash

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer ( No idea)

X-MEN wins Majority.

Wolverine (Eventually Logan)

Emma Frost

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus ( Don't know)

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops (Probably either way)

Magik

Storm ( Outclasses Sun Boy)

Ice Man (Hard to take Bobby down if he keeps reforming)

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA Wins

Superman

Wonder Woman (Pretty fast fight)

Aquaman

Barry Allen Flash vs. Northstar (NOT sure)

Martian Manhunter

Dr. Strange

Hal Jordan Green Lantern

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way Wolverine beats Karate Kid.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: @mutant1230: thanks for responding.

Mutant1230, as I stated before, I try not to input my own remarks on my threads as much as possible, as I enjoy viewing user's takes on things, and therefore I try to make matches as even as possible---so that reasonable arguments can be made for either side. It fascinates me how different people can view the same evidence and come up with, often times, completely different conclusions.

The only time I intervene, like I did above, is if I think an egregious error has been made by people due to lack of knowledge. Now that I have given some details on how powerful Black Witch is (and the other characters I featured in my post , for that matter), if you still think Magik can beat her, that's cool. If you want more info on her to make a final decision, I can do that upon request.

Stormphoenix, once again I appreciate so much that you responded. But also, once again:

Read OP again; look at how @mrmonster in post 22 did it, look at how @pyrofn in post 28 has done theirs, and if you have the time and inclination, please complete the analysis of this Super Team Tournament, now that you have the proper information on how to finish it.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Thanks so much for completing your analysis.

Just wanted to tell you-I gave a little more background into what Saturn Girl is capable of, which lines up with what you requested in your post. So if you'd like to read it, and perhaps reconsider your take on the Saturn Girl/Emma Frost match, feel free to.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Well like I said on my Cell Phone. Also, I probably didn't see that part.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Okay, no problem.

Now that it has been pointed out to you, would you care to complete your analysis of which team wins the second round?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator= Could go both ways but I'm inclined to say Supergirl.

Cyborg vs. Ronan= If Cyborg has access to Boom Tubes, I'll honestly say him.

Starfire vs. Quasar

Tempest vs. Beta Ray Bill= Going to say Beta for now.

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer= Could go both ways but I believe Raven can take the majority.

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Black Witch vs. Magik

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Iceman

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange= Unless it is current Strange.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batvibe12: Thanks so much for responding...

But-

Read OP again; look at how @mrmonster in post 22 did it, look at how @pyrofn in post 28 has done theirs so far, and if you have the time and inclination, please complete the analysis of this Super Team Tournament, now that you have the proper information on how to complete it.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round Two:

Justice League sits down, while it's Legion vs Titans. While the Legion is powerful in their own right, Raven and Wally alone can take 75% if they wanted to. Honestly, the Titans win.

Now, it's Justice League vs. Titans. In conclusion, Justice League wins. Why? Zatanna and MMH.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan -- Can't tell

Starfire vs. Quasar

Donna Troy vs. Ikon The Spaceknight -- No Idea

Bloodlusted Raven vs. Silver Surfer -- Can't tell

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES VS. X-MEN -- As you'll see, I don't read a lot on either of these

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost -- No Idea

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus -- No Idea

Lightning Lad vs. Cyclops -- No Idea

Black Witch vs. Magic -- No Idea

Sun Boy vs. Storm -- No Idea

Mon-el vs. Ice Man -- No Idea

Superman vs. WWHulk

Wonder Woman vs. Doc Samson -- Possible mismatch

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner -- Can't really tell

Barry Allen Flash vs. Northstar -- No Idea

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1ST ROUND BRACKET

TITANS VS. ANNIHILATORS:

Supergirl vs. Gladiator

Cyborg vs. Ronan

Starfire vs. Quasar

Said it before, this round goes to Titans, especially due to bloodlusted Raven. She is not just way more powerful than Silver Surfer in that state, and more versatile, but can take down all the others combined since she reach levels close to Trigon and have no problems killing anyone she see fit, posses them, take their souls, blow them up.

Even indivdually some Titans seem capable to win their fights. Wally, Donna, Cyborg or at least hold their own and possible win (Starfire, Supergirl).

For short, this seem to me the easiest win in Round 1

Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Ultra Boy vs. Colossus

Black Witch vs. Magic

Sun Boy vs. Storm

Mon-el vs. Ice Man

This one is more complicated for me as I am not familiar with many characters there

Superman vs. WWHulk

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner

Zatanna vs. Dr. Strange

This one is also complicated because is the most balanced overall I think.

I say Superman win (not an easy fight however, he need to really work for it), WW, Aquaman, Flash, MMH and Hal Jordan also wins with more or less difficulty.

The problem is dr Strange which I get he is at his classic peak level. As such I say he is more experienced and more powerful than Zatanna. If he can beat her fast enough and his team mates resist long enough before getting down, then he can also turn the tide against JL and potentially win by himself the fight.

The main danger for him will be MMH having a fast win vs Moondragon if he gets serious, might speedblitz her right away for example (physically), while still keeping her at bay with telepathy, and I think he can beat her with TP too, even if not right away. But he can end the fight with other means, as Moondragon won't be able to outright stop him with tp.

And once MMH joins Zatanna, using his set of powers, things can get much more complicated for Strange.

2nd ROUND BRACKET

Whichever team you thinks wins their round 1 bout first/easiest, rests while the other two winning teams of round 1 square off; winner of that contest rests for a week, then final two teams face each other in a winner takes all showdown. Fights are to KO or incapacitate the opponent so badly they will be out of action for a week. Because of the result of the "Rebirth" story arcs, N52 and Post Crisis feats are allowed for DC characters.

I say Titans will get to the final, and they will fight there with either JL or the Defenders, whoever will win in that fight, as either of them will then beat Legion or X-men.

Then the Titans will win the final, again mostly due to bloodlusted Raven who will be too overpowered for them.

Also some Titans can easily hold their own. Starfire was around WW level everytime they fought for example, Supergirl might keep up with Superman at least for a while, both Flashes will fight in their way without a clear, fast winner etc.

The main problem will be again if they face dr Strange, but I say Raven will be faster on the draw and able to unleash from the start her peak powers and beat him before he can do much. She is also more versatile with her powers, from straight up magic to using her soul self (which is not a magic thing afaik) or her psionic powers (empathy/telepathy) that can reach enormous levels (she controled an entire universe of souls and from an omniversal nexus she summoned the emotions of all living people from every dimension, searched through them and find the single person she was looking for).

She can also easily beat Strange, physically (or much worse, seeing what she did to her brother Belial, who she speedblitzed and ripped his heart out of his chest, with her claws)

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc Samson snaps supermans and Wonderwomans neck

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers