#1 Edited by TorikoWONTDie (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in Hells kitchen.

1) H2H Only. Both have their armor.

2) DD has his armor and club. Sunny has his armor and swords.

3) Bonus Round. Eletrka backs up DD.

#2 Edited by Rockette (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonny beats DD's arse.

Way too fast & way too skilled for DD.

Sonny wins both Rounds.

#3 Posted by the_stegman (40302 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonny beats him down.

#4 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5784 posts) - - Show Bio

DD gets ROCKED

Sunny 10/10

#5 Posted by rogueshadow (29418 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny stomps. Mismatch.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by StarDance (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen ITB but Sunny has feats better than arrow timing, fodderizing ninjas and stomping Nobu?

#7 Posted by Mrnoital (8136 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny

#8 Edited by webinyoureye11 (5784 posts) - - Show Bio

@stardance: when it comes to hand to hand:

Loading Video...One thing to note, this is only his first appearance and fight in the series.

Without spoiling too much, Sunny has better durability feats by far, and decent pain tolerance. His skill and ability is borderline superhuman

#9 Edited by StarDance (859 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by webinyoureye11 (5784 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ChomP (684 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny easily

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#12 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny,but Daredevil wouldnt go down that fast.

#13 Posted by xtreme1 (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny

#14 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny was another lvl. DD has skill to contend but he is not as strong at all

#15 Edited by DatStupidGuy (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't DD doged gunfire before?

#16 Posted by FirstOlympian (694 posts) - - Show Bio

welp I know what I'm watching tonight.

#17 Posted by mrmonster (15904 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonny rounds 1 and 2

Team round 3, but barely

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#18 Edited by war of light_2814 (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny slaughter all rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
#19 Posted by deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny. A better matchup would be 616 Daredevil vs. Sunny.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43358 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny. He can't possibly lose this

#21 Posted by DSTREET45 (5294 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny stomps.

#22 Posted by lubub55 (12979 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71d5620272
#23 Edited by deactivated-59b71d5620272 (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny stomps here. Mismatch

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
#24 Posted by SpiderFan130666 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tempted to say Daredevil. Seeing how he fought against Nobu, this fight is hardly as unfair as everyone else thinks.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#25 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny wrecks

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#26 Posted by war of light_2814 (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny stomps.

#27 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12447 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny destroys Matt

#29 Posted by CreoleCuddy (770 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny and his physic defying moves wins

#30 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunnny stomps. Better at almost everything

#31 Posted by Jack_Hart (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny or any top tier ItB fighter is overkill for DD. Even lesser fighters like Tilda and MK (no gift) could probably take him.

#32 Posted by Aeneas100 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny wins.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#33 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

-Sunny, but DD will arguably put up a good fight.

-Sunny beat him quite easily to be honest. That would not be a stomp , but a one sided fight .

-Team might have a chance. But even if they win Sunny would at the very least manage to kill Elekra and if DD hold back for not killing him Sunny surely win. That being said, even if Team are Bloodlusted I honestly think Sunny have equal/better chances.

I haven't seen the 3-4 lasts episodes of Into the Badlands , my opinion would maybe change even more in Sunny favor when I would watch those ep.

#34 Posted by TheSuperor (6938 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

#35 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12447 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunny easily

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccb2b1a745cd
#36 Posted by deactivated-5ccb2b1a745cd (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunshine

#38 Posted by azrael1973 (2970 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Rockette (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:

Sonny beats DD's arse.

Way too fast & way too skilled for DD.

Sonny wins both Rounds.

#40 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio

-Sunny, but DD will arguably put up a good fight.

-Sunny beat him quite easily to be honest. That would not be a stomp , but a one sided fight .

-Team might have a chance. But even if they win Sunny would at the very least manage to kill Elekra and if DD hold back for not killing him Sunny surely win. That being said, even if Team are Bloodlusted I honestly think Sunny have equal/better chances.

I haven't seen the 3-4 lasts episodes of Into the Badlands , my opinion would maybe change even more in Sunny favor when I would watch those ep.

Nope, DD gets stomped, Sunny slaughters them all, even team.

I think Sunny has the edge in both armed and unarmed combat.

Different show styles = different power levels

The Netflix Daredevil show is intended to be gritty and a little realistic. Because of this, Daredevil gets beat up alot. Other than his supernatural senses, he has no seemingly magical abilities. And many of the fight scenes are believable. Daredevil is normally a highly acrobatic character, but in this series the flips & shit are kept to a minimum.

In addition, Daredevil is portrayed as an underdog throughout the first season. The audience is meant to follow Matt's transformation from an inexperienced vigilante to an actual superhero, which is why we see him fuck up on numerous occasions.

Unlike Daredevil, Into the Badlands is not at all grounded in reality. It's essentially a stylized fantasy. The show's stunt / fight coordinators worked on movies like Fist of Legend, The Forbidden Kingdom, and 14 Blades, which is why all the main characters in this show fight using a "magical kung fu" style. Like all of the martial arts movies I've listed, Into the Badlands adheres to the idea that all martial artists can gain superhuman abilities through extensive training.

And unlike Matt Murdock, Sunny isn't an inexperienced underdog. When the audience is introduced to him, he's already the deadliest, most well-known clipper in all of the Badlands. While Matt constantly gets his ass kicked, Sunny slaughters pretty much all of his adversaries. The only real threats to him are other high-level clippers and barons.

These two different shows have different styles, and they portray their heroes differently. As a result, Sunny's power level is inherently higher than that of MCU Daredevil.

Example videos

Here's the hallway fight from Daredevil. Matt is fought a bunch of nameless thugs, none of whom could match him in hand-to-hand. Yet he was beaten and exhausted by the end of this fight. It should be noted that at the beginning of this same episode, Matt was lying in a dumpster because he had gotten his ass kicked by a different group of nameless thugs.

Now here's the first time we see Sunny fight in Into the Badlands. He fought a group of nameless brigands and annihilated them with minimal effort. He literally snapped one poor bastard in half. Sunny ended that fight looking as clean and pretty as he did at the start.

For a comparison of weapon skills, let's start with the Daredevil vs. Nobu fight. In the first part of that fight, Nobu - a highly-trained ninja - kicked Daredevil's ass with his bare hands, even though Daredevil was armed with the sticks given to him by Stick. When Nobu took out his blade, he sliced the fuck out of DD. It was basically through blind luck that Matt was able to win that fight.

Now here's Sunny fighting a quartet of rival clippers. These clippers are highly-trained and ninja-like enforcers, like Sunny. As you can see, Sunny was able to fight all 4 at the same time. He killed the first 3, easily. The 4th one gave him some trouble, but he killed that guy, too.

In both of the Daredevil fights I linked, Matt won by the skin of his teeth. In both of the Sunny fights, Sunny won with authority. Both of Sunny's fights, incidentally, were in the very first episode of season 1, which illustrates how he's already at the top of his game when the series begins.

Unless Matt can set Sunny on fire by accident like he did with Nobu, I think Sunny would kick his ass 10 times out of 10, unarmed or armed.