User Lists: 0

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@ecoblitz: Thor has also hurt Thanos by during Infinity Gauntlet and during the Infinity story events, Thanos is certainly going to get hurt by a Superman that is amped to such a degree.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: The 15 minutes thing was only applied to the non-canon All Star Superman storyline. A real sundip increases his power by at least over 1000 considering how he pushed back the full power of Imperiex Prime. Even if Superman was only 10x stronger, that would be enough to pose a threat to Thanos. The titan isn't invincible. Superman's base feats like surviving multiple black holes, benching the Earth for 5 days, surviving in red giants, pulling the Earth out of the pull of a full grown sun eater, and more multiplied by something as small as 10 fold is enough to make Thanos fall to his knees. This is a Superman who has a feat of pushing back the entire Big Bang, I doubt Thanos could stand up to that when that feat is being multiplied by 24 hours.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadyxv: Are Thanos' shields stronger than the full force of Imperiex Prime? Imperiex Prime is the full out Big Bang contained in a single suite of armor. Superman, sundipped for only a few minutes, was strong enough to push back the full force of Imperiex's power aided by Brainiac 13 and the War World. There isn't necessarily a limit to how much energy Superman can absorb based on what Superman himself implies. Taking that universe class power, that came to him after not even half an hour, and multiplying it by over 24 hours does not seem like anything Thanos can even come close to dealing with. If this was the sundip that Superman did against Darkseid, it might be a good fight for Thanos, but this is simply too much for him to deal with.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By DimlyLitLantern

@death2heretics:

We don't base arguments on what you feel here, its based on feats. And based on consistent feats, Thanos ain't getting anything more than a tickle from base Superman, considering he has no-sold Planetary explosions on 3 instances, no sold energy blasts from Surfer, tanked hits from blodlusted power-gem Thor, tanked hits/blasts from Odin Pre-Aaron, survived a big black hole, Survived blasts from Kosmos etc etc etc.

Superman has survived being in stars, black holes, planetary explosions, and attacks from matter manipulators and solar system busters as well as a universe collapsing on him (outlier). I am only multiplying these respective feats by over 1000000 fold.

If you can back it up with feats, then yes, but keep in mind, to hurt Thanos you'll need Star-level punches or blasts. That is, Thanos without his shield.

Star level punches are in Superman's power set considering that he can physically outmuscle black holes and push back a universe class explosion. I am multiplying those few minutes of Superman being in the Sun by so much because Imperiex Prime defeated an army of 100,000 Daxamites (slightly weaker Kryptonians) with little problem. Superman sundipped and is powerful enough to push back the non-restrained version of Imperiex Prime's power. Even regular Superman was able to cleave through Soulfire Darkseid and Emperor Joker

Nope, Thanos' durability has given Skyfathers problem, it still an issue for Sun-dipped Superman.

I would consider Imperiex Prime a Skyfather or even above.

No, in no way can base Superman 'tank' Thanos blasts, not unless you count Superman's outliers.

Superman can tank the full force of the matter terminating Omega Sanction and multi-solar system busting attacks in his base form. I am thus concluding that Superman can survive a few attacks from Thanos.

Care to post those feats?

Just a few seconds was enough to grant Superman the power to create his own boomtube and fly from the Sun to the edge of the universe in a few seconds. Superman in his base form is also crazy fast. He can react to light speed ships and disarm them completely by destroying their engines from the inside, he can fly from the edge of the universe and back to Earth, while weakened, in 60 days while going though numerous black holes, he can react to lasersgoing near light speed, he can react and perceive within femtoseconds and attoseconds, and move between galaxies in a few seconds-minutes-hours. Multiplying that by the degree the thread is requesting is like asking for Thanos to be frozen in time.

I doubt Superman can resist Thanos' TP. Matter manip, yes i can see him resisting matter manip. It's not like it matters, Thanos doesn't need hax to beat Superman. All he needs to do is bullrush Superman through planets and blast him to death.

Superman can resist MMH's telepathy and J'onn is a better telepath than Thanos based on some of what J'onn has done. Superman also has Torquasm Vo, that makes him far less susceptible to telepathic attacks. If this was regular Superman, Thanos could likely bludgeon him, but this is Superman with a massive amp.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By 20damon

Crossovers are canon now? Niiice. So Venom > Superman. So... according to 2 debaters in this thread, Venom > Thanos

Oh, and Batman goes hth with Hulk. All seems legit

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like all the lowballing of Thanos and massive highballing of Superman here.

Anyone care to respond to my post on page 3? Really put elbow grease into that one.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like all the lowballing of Thanos and massive highballing of Superman here.

Anyone care to respond to my post on page 3? Really put elbow grease into that one.

the reason people are saying Superman would destroy Thanos (which I agree with tbh) is because all the feats we have of a sun dipped Superman was when he only sun dipped for like a minute or so, and he became massively more powerful after that. In the OP Superman is sun dipping for an entire day, so most of it is just scaling.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By TheHierarchy

@itouchedtheboat: Every calculation and bit of scaling is under the assumption that Superman would grow in power linearely or even exponentionally, while this can just as well be the exact opposite. It has never been shown that Superman can continue to absorb solar energy just by sundipping, maybe he maxes out somewhere, maybe he just wont get more powerful or maybe it'll even make him weaker. Point is, there is no way to know amd because of that we can only go by feats, and Superman does not have the feats for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@thehierarchy said:

@itouchedtheboat: Every calculation and bit of scaling is under the assumption that Superman would grow in power linearely or even exponentionally, while this can just as well be the exact opposite. It has never been shown that Superman can continue to absorb solar energy just by sundipping, maybe he maxes out somewhere, maybe he just wont get more powerful or maybe it'll even make him weaker. Point is, there is no way to know amd because of that we can only go by feats, and Superman does not have the feats for it.

have you ever heard of this dude?

No Caption Provided

apparently after continuous sun dipping not only does he get stronger, he somehow gets new powers or something

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: Not only is that guy rather featless, he feats he does have are not all that great and that was with 15000 years in a sun, so there is no way his powers continue to grow, as that guy (SMP1M) is not all that strong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like i will respond before night xD

@dimlylitlantern said:

Superman has survived being in stars, black holes, planetary explosions, and attacks from matter manipulators and solar system busters as well as a universe collapsing on him (outlier). I am only multiplying these respective feats by over 1000000 fold.

"Survived" being the Keyword, Thanos has tanked them., even no-sold some of them. Clear difference.

Thanos tanks a Black Hole that was sucking everything within 2 light years. Later we see all Thanos has is minor scratches and he's fine.

Here, he no-sells an exploding gas giant.

Here, Thanos prior to any permanent amps/upgrades, no sells a planetary explosion. This is CLASSIC Thanos meaning he isn't as powerful as current Thanos. And i want to point out, that the panel before that, showed Classic Drax ripping a star. Yet he failed to even tickle Thanos, let that sink in.

He has feats more impressive than that, but im just comparing Supes feats vs Thanos' ...

Outmuscle really small black holes, sure.

Come on, we all know him "pushing back a universe class explosion" is an outlier. There's no need to even mention that feat.

All of those are outliers, clearly. Unless you really think Superman has universal punches which would mean Sun dipped Superman is Multiversal, which is ridiculous.

I would consider Imperiex Prime a Skyfather or even above.

Guess what? It's not consistent for Superman, Thanos on the other hand is consistently durable enough to shrug off attacks from Skyfathers. "Consistent" being the keyword.

Superman can tank the full force of the matter terminating Omega Sanction and multi-solar system busting attacks in his base form. I am thus concluding that Superman can survive a few attacks from Thanos.

Yet, he gets knocked out by Planetary/Moon level explosions, weird huh?

Yes, he can survive a few attacks from Thanos. That is because Thanos will have fun using Superman as a punching bag.

Just a few seconds was enough to grant Superman the power to create his own boomtube and fly from the Sun to the edge of the universe in a few seconds. Superman in his base form is also crazy fast. He can react to light speed ships and disarm them completely by destroying their engines from the inside, he can fly from the edge of the universe and back to Earth, while weakened, in 60 days while going though numerous black holes, he can react to lasersgoing near light speed, he can react and perceive within femtoseconds and attoseconds, and move between galaxies in a few seconds-minutes-hours. Multiplying that by the degree the thread is requesting is like asking for Thanos to be frozen in time.

All of them are travel speed, and wont matter in battle unless Superman bullrushes him from across the planet, which is highly unlikely to happen, given how Thanos has reacted to something similar. You wanna know who can replicate those feats? Surfer. Yeah, the guy that is Thanos' punching bag.

Superman can resist MMH's telepathy and J'onn is a better telepath than Thanos based on some of what J'onn has done. Superman also has Torquasm Vo, that makes him far less susceptible to telepathic attacks. If this was regular Superman, Thanos could likely bludgeon him, but this is Superman with a massive amp.

Fair enough, Thanos vs MMH's TP is debatable, though im not focusing on that today, since Thanos doesn't need TP to beat the crap out of Supes, plus i have other debates to continue, so i'll just leave it at that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

Yeah i thought the same thing. Always thought Superman was like a Dyson Sphere. When he's on Earth He's absorbing solar energy but not as much as he does when he's close to the sun, which means when he's at the sun, he'll be at the peak of his power, because he's getting more energy than he does on Earth.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death2heretics:

"Survived" being the Keyword, Thanos has tanked them., even no-sold some of them. Clear difference. Thanos tanks a Black Hole that was sucking everything within 2 light years. Later we see all Thanos has is minor scratches and he's fine.

I am using the word, "survive" rather loosely. Superman rather chills in black holes and isn't all too peeved by planetary explosions. Even weakened New 52 Superman was flying through numerous black holes on his universal cross country trip back to Earth with no damage. I am also not arguing regular Superman vs Thanos, I am arguing the massive amp that the OP specified.

Outmuscle really small black holes, sure

Regular black holes. He even has been inside 2 black holes at the same time with no intense strain.

Come on, we all know him "pushing back a universe class explosion" is an outlier. There's no need to even mention that feat.

There is a huge need to mention this feat because this thread is, "Sundipped Superman vs Thanos" The OP even has the Superman from the feat I am talking about in the picture. Why would I ignore the amp that the OP specified for the purpose of convenience? Was this not the point of the thread?

All of those are outliers, clearly. Unless you really think Superman has universal punches which would mean Sun dipped Superman is Multiversal, which is ridiculous.

It isn't like I am making anything up. I am using the moment that was specified in the OP. A few seconds grants Superman the speed to cross the entire universe in seconds. A few minutes grants Superman the ability to outmuscle the Big Bang and fight beings equal to those that created the universe.

Guess what? It's not consistent for Superman, Thanos on the other hand is consistently durable enough to shrug off attacks from Skyfathers. "Consistent" being the keyword.

I am using sundipped Superman. A Superman that has few appearances as it is. Just about anytime Superman gets a sundip, his feats skyrocket. All comic characters are inconsistent. Flash gets tagged by Catwoman, Thor can barely lift a castle, Hulk gets bitten and injured by a gorilla, Martian Manhunter is punched out by regular Superboy, and Silver Surfer is tagged by Spider-Man. I am using feats that entail Superman at his best. Thanos has his fair share of inconsistencies as well.

Yet, he gets knocked out by Planetary/Moon level explosions, weird huh?

I don't see the relevance to this point. Superman fluctuates like just about all comic characters. Even then, it wasn't sundipped Superman that was KOed. Even if it was, that wasn't a 24 hour sundipped Superman.

Yes, he can survive a few attacks from Thanos. That is because Thanos will have fun using Superman as a punching bag.

Not sundipped Superman.

All of them are travel speed, and wont matter in battle unless Superman bullrushes him from across the planet, which is highly unlikely to happen, given how Thanos has reacted to something similar. You wanna know who can replicate those feats? Surfer. Yeah, the guy that is Thanos' punching bag.

Travel speed has its uses in fights for one. Superman is an incredibly nimble flier and uses his travel speed to create afterimages, blitz from different angels, and increase his striking power considerably. Also, the feats I've posted are also reactionary speed feats. Being able to chase down an FTL ship, analyze it for life, and actively look for engines is FTL perception and combat speed. Being able to perceive femtoseconds and attoseconds are FTL feats. Fighting Wonder Woman to the Sun in under 2 minutes is an FTL combat speed feat. Being able to react to near light speed lasers and shield other people from them is a near light speed reaction feat. All I am doing is multiplying these feats by what I feel is an appropriate amount for the amp the thread calls for. Silver Surfer is not even close to Superman after such an amp.

Fair enough, Thanos vs MMH's TP is debatable, though im not focusing on that today, since Thanos doesn't need TP to beat the crap out of Supes, plus i have other debates to continue, so i'll just leave it at that.

What else does Thanos have to beat Sundipped Superman? He certainly cannot match him with his physicals. Superman's feats in this form after only charging for a few minutes is enough to overpower Thanos. 24 hours just seems overkill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: This is going to be my last post, i just made a huge ass post and CV just straight up deleted it. And its extremely hard to make such a detailed post on mobile, so yeah..

I am using the word, "survive" rather loosely. Superman rather chills in black holes and isn't all too peeved by planetary explosions. Even weakened New 52 Superman was flying through numerous black holes on his universal cross country trip back to Earth with no damage. I am also not arguing regular Superman vs Thanos, I am arguing the massive amp that the OP specified.

Most of them are outliers though.

But we need to discuss Base Superman's feats in order to scale a Sun dipped Supes.

Regular black holes. He even has been inside 2 black holes at the same time with no intense strain.

Care to post scan and issue where the feat takes place?

There is a huge need to mention this feat because this thread is, "Sundipped Superman vs Thanos" The OP even has the Superman from the feat I am talking about in the picture. Why would I ignore the amp that the OP specified for the purpose of convenience? Was this not the point of the thread?

Because huge outliers from Base Superman don't apply to Sun dipped Superman? If we scale Base Superman, who is consistently a Planetary character, to A Sun dipped Superman there's no way in hell he'll replicate a universal feat that is clearly an outlier.

It isn't like I am making anything up. I am using the moment that was specified in the OP. A few seconds grants Superman the speed to cross the entire universe in seconds. A few minutes grants Superman the ability to outmuscle the Big Bang and fight beings equal to those that created the universe.

No. You're not making anything but you're surely taking feats out of context and highballing. Both of those feats are huge outliers. SD Superman scales from his standard self who isn't even close to being consistently at that level.

I don't see the relevance to this point. Superman fluctuates like just about all comic characters. Even then, it wasn't sundipped Superman that was KOed. Even if it was, that wasn't a 24 hour sundipped Superman.

It is relevant because he is consistently portrayed at Planetary power level, with some outliers here and there. WE NEED to know Base Superman's consistent level in order to scale a Sun dipped one.

Not sundipped Superman.

Consistency, feats and logic say otherwise.

Travel speed has its uses in fights for one. Superman is an incredibly nimble flier and uses his travel speed to create afterimages, blitz from different angels, and increase his striking power considerably. Also, the feats I've posted are also reactionary speed feats. Being able to chase down an FTL ship, analyze it for life, and actively look for engines is FTL perception and combat speed. Being able to perceive femtoseconds and attoseconds are FTL feats. Fighting Wonder Woman to the Sun in under 2 minutes is an FTL combat speed feat. Being able to react to near light speed lasers and shield other people from them is a near light speed reaction feat. All I am doing is multiplying these feats by what I feel is an appropriate amount for the amp the thread calls for. Silver Surfer is not even close to Superman after such an amp.

All of these feats are feats that Surfer has replicated, heck even Gladiator has replicated some of the travel speed feats. We don'teven know how much does the Sun dip amp his speed all we can do is scale, in which case he isn't exactly massively faster then Surfer, and it won't help him in this battle, since he can't put Thanos down.

What else does Thanos have to beat Sundipped Superman? He certainly cannot match him with his physicals. Superman's feats in this form after only charging for a few minutes is enough to overpower Thanos. 24 hours just seems overkill

Blasts/Punches etc. Yes he can match him with physicals, considering Thanos in his classic version was able to beat someone who had enough strength to rip appart a star with his bare hands, and the clash between these 2 destroyed the planet. That is CLASSIC Thanos, who is weaker than current Thanos due to getting permanent amps. I already posted the scans in post #163. He also has feats like Matching a Power-Gem Thor who is easily stronger than Supes. Stomping surfer with his blows, Surfer a herald who can tank Planetary explosions. He has even more than that, but i'll post scans later, i don't want CV to delete my post like last time, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should take this. Unless sundipped has some feats I'm not aware of.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Chad_Duby

Can someone show me where it stated that crossovers are cannon, please?

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death2heretics:

This is going to be my last post, i just made a huge ass post and CV just straight up deleted it. And its extremely hard to make such a detailed post on mobile, so yeah..

I hate it when CV screws with people like that.

Most of them are outliers though. But we need to discuss Base Superman's feats in order to scale a Sun dipped Supes.

I suppose you could use base Superman as a foundation. However, that is completely fruitless when you ignore the degree of the amp that the sundip grants Clark. I mean, you can't dismiss all of Superman's high end feats as outliers simply because it helps your arguments. If this was the case, a whole host of comic characters would be drastically weaker. Flash would be a little above hypersonic as opposed to MFTL, Hulk and Thor would barely be city level threats over the actual power they are, Batman would be an average detective instead of the worlds greatest, and Wonder Woman would be someone that is pretty skilled as opposed to one of the worlds best melee fighters. Sometimes characters fluctuate. It is just part of the nature of comics.

Care to post scan and issue where the feat takes place?

Here, This instance comes from Superman #191. This was also back when light speed was a big deal for Superman, so he is likely much more durable now.

Because huge outliers from Base Superman don't apply to Sun dipped Superman? If we scale Base Superman, who is consistently a Planetary character, to A Sun dipped Superman there's no way in hell he'll replicate a universal feat that is clearly an outlier.

That just goes to show you how much of an amp a sundip is. Every time Superman to sundips, he seems to get another universe level feat whether it be in speed, strength, or durability. Traversing to the end of the universe from Earth is a universe class speed feat. Pushing back a universal explosion is a universal strength feat. Fighting against Cythonna, a god nearly equal to Rao, the god that according to legend (that Cythonna followed nearly point by point) created the universe seems like a pretty vague universe class feat as well. Each of these feats were only preformed with only a few seconds-minutes in or near the Sun under his belt. The OP posted this specific version of Superman for a reason, picture an all. I can't just ignore every single instance of of Superman sundipping to an impressive degree in a debate that involves a sundipped Superman. It defeats the purpose of the debate.

No. You're not making anything but you're surely taking feats out of context and highballing. Both of those feats are huge outliers. SD Superman scales from his standard self who isn't even close to being consistently at that level.

I have read Our Worlds at War. I understand the context behind the feat. Brainiac 13 merged with Imperiex Prime's energy after Superman, Kismet, and Darkseid punctured through him. Superman later resorts to bathing in the Sun for a few minutes to stop the villains from "purifying" the universe by starting a universal reset in the form of a new Big Bang. Superman, with Apokoliptian time travel technology, pushes the War World that Brainiac 13 was using at full force with Imperiex Prime's energy back into time to the very few instances before the first Big Bang. Two Big Bangs go off at that time period and Superman returns safely. Superman even states that if he destroyed the War World he would start the Big Bang, as the planet was holding all of that energy, and that was why he pushed them back in time. That is a heavily abridged version of what happened, but Superman did it. I can't just ignore the feat when that is the exact instance that the OP specified by going off of the picture. It can't be an outlier when that is one of the only times that Superman has sundipped for that long.

It is relevant because he is consistently portrayed at Planetary power level, with some outliers here and there. WE NEED to know Base Superman's consistent level in order to scale a Sun dipped one.

Even if I only multiplied Superman's power by ten, this would be quite a bit for Thanos to handle. Regular Superman can rip the Earth out of the hold of the adult Sun-eater, Starbreaker. Regular, weakened, Superman could bench press the Earth for 5 days straight with no visible strain and only one bead of sweat. Regular Superman could stay in black holes pretty consistently with no real strain. Regular Superman can absorb enough anti-sunlight that would have vaporized half a galaxy with a smile afterwards. Regular Superman can also tank a multi-star system busting blast to the face and still live and keep fighting. Multiplying all of that by something as small as ten is quite the monster, let alone the actual amp a sundip bestows. You can't possibly just dismiss all of Superman's feats simply because they aren't as consistent as his every day ones. Again, this is a problem all comic characters seem to have.

Consistency, feats and logic say otherwise.

Can you bring me more sundipped feats that contradict the ones I have given you?

All of these feats are feats that Surfer has replicated, heck even Gladiator has replicated some of the travel speed feats. We don'teven know how much does the Sun dip amp his speed all we can do is scale, in which case he isn't exactly massively faster then Surfer, and it won't help him in this battle, since he can't put Thanos down.

You seem to be rather ignoring the specific instances when the amp that a sundip gives Superman are implied. You are turning this into "Superman vs Thanos" over the more realistic, "Superman x100000+ vs Thanos". Gladiator nor Surfer, to my knowledge, has a feat in which they can effortlessly perceive attoseconds. Superman's already impressive speed feats are now being multiplied by a crazy degree. Superman can't normally travel to the end of the universe in a few seconds, but with a few moments in the Sun, he apparently can. Superman can't normally push back beat back the Big Bang being used as max power exhaust fuel, but with a few minutes in the Sun, he apparently can. With these in mind, I am led to believe that bathing is quite the massive amp for him.

Blasts/Punches etc. Yes he can match him with physicals, considering Thanos in his classic version was able to beat someone who had enough strength to rip appart a star with his bare hands, and the clash between these 2 destroyed the planet. That is CLASSIC Thanos, who is weaker than current Thanos due to getting permanent amps. I already posted the scans in post #163. He also has feats like Matching a Power-Gem Thor who is easily stronger than Supes. Stomping surfer with his blows, Surfer a herald who can tank Planetary explosions. He has even more than that, but i'll post scans later, i don't want CV to delete my post like last time, lol.

You seem to be treating star level feats like they take precedent over tanking multi-star system level blast and pushing back the Big Bang. Yes, Thanos has gotten amped since then, but can he push back that War World like Superman did? Thanos wrecks regular Silver Surfer, that has casual planetary durability, but even base Superman has durability feats like that. Can Thanos beat back a universe class energy with his bare hands? If he can, that is great, that would put him at least equal to Superman that has sundipped for roughly 10 minutes. The thread is 24 entire hours of Superman getting implied boost from the Sun (as I'm sure the OP has intended). How is Thanos even suppose to match him after 1 hour? Or even 30 minutes?

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: It is kind of up in the air if is truly canon or not. People mention that it is canon to the DC universe because the Cosmic Egg, an item introduced in the crossover event, was later used in a canon story in the DC universe. Marvel, on the other hand, hasn't made any mention of such an item in their universe to my knowledge. Though, the crossover probably shouldn't take any serious sway over how a fight between some of the characters would actually go. A lot of the fights were indeed fan voted.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: Some crossovers are considered canon, though most of what happens in the comics are considered fan service.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: I'll see if i can continue the debate, it takes too much to make even a short response in mobile. But im sure someone in this thread is willing to continue the debate. Someone like @APEX_pretador: Who is a Thanos expert or @EmpressofDread: who knows Superman well enough. If not, then i'll continue this debate, but it'll take time.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Chad_Duby

@death2heretics: Well, yeah, some are reall cannon. But, as for marvel vs dc, I personally say it is not cannon, because it contradicts histories and more.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: Not only is that guy rather featless, he feats he does have are not all that great and that was with 15000 years in a sun, so there is no way his powers continue to grow, as that guy (SMP1M) is not all that strong.

yeah, that's why I'm not really taking part in this debate at all, because 24 hour Sundipped Supes has no feats and I only debate battles with facts, I just wanted you to know why some people (myself included) would think Superman would win. However it is hinted that SPOM is on a different level than anything ever seen before when Kyle had somehow witnessed the fights he took part in. You could be just as right as I could be, nobody is 100% right when facts cannot be used in the discussion, this thread shouldn't really exist

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

yeah, that's why I'm not really taking part in this debate at all, because 24 hour Sundipped Supes has no feats and I only debate battles with facts, I just wanted you to know why some people (myself included) would think Superman would win. However it is hinted that SPOM is on a different level than anything ever seen before when Kyle had somehow witnessed the fights he took part in. You could be just as right as I could be, nobody is 100% right when facts cannot be used in the discussion, this thread shouldn't really exist

It shouldn't be, I agree.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By DimlyLitLantern

@itouchedtheboat: You could always read the final issues of the Our Worlds at War storyline as well as the second arc for the Batman/Superman comic and Superman: Last God of Krypton storylines as well. Each of these story arcs entail a little of what a few seconds/minutes gives Superman in the power department. Though it is a bit hard to say how long a 24 hour boost would be as Superman has never dipped for that long. Sundipping also gives Superman a near instant healing factor

Azmoddan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This still going on?

I hope people know threads like these aren't even allowed, since you are arguing a character with powers we've never seen and therefore know nothing about fight another character.

I mean at this point why just not make Hulk with red lantern ring, sounds fun let's just debate a featless character where none of us can agree on how powerful he would be.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By phillip33

@dimlylitlantern: first off, regular Superman cannot give thanos trouble. He’s never shown the power to destroy anything other than a moon on his own, and he even knocked himself out doing it. While he has shown planetary durability, he is far from noselling planetary explosions and is most of the time ko’d By them. Thanos on the other hand has literally no sold planets exploding in his face multiple times. In fact, thanos was still conscious after a multigalactic durability feat. To back this up, Silver surfer has shown planet busting capabilities on multiple occasions, and on multiple occasions a pissed silver surfer has been completely nosold by thanos, one time when explicitly used his most powerful energy blast against him.... Superman is nowhere near thanos in terms of power or durability.

Going through black holes isn’t the important part of the argument, silver surfer has had conversations inside of them effortlessly. The important part is the size of the black hole, a black whole 2 light years wide would contain the mass of ten Milky Way galaxies. All of this collapsed in on its self while thanos was insides, focusing all of that power onto one point. That’s a multigalactic durability feat. While we have no way to determine the effects of two black holes, unless they were, in combination, larger than or even close to 2 light years wide, the feat wasn’t all that impressive. Given that the measurement of supermassive black hole M87, a relatively large black hole, has a diameter of roughly .004 light years, I think it’s safe to say that these two normal black holes Combined were nowhere near as close to the size of the black hole that collapsed on thanos.

Second off, can you post the whole sundipped Superman imperiled fight? I’ve never seen it and would need that context to try to form an argument.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: I don't know why people keep thinking I am talking about regular Superman. I am taking Superman's regular feats and multiplying them by what I feel a sundip gives him. I am only speaking of regular Superman to show the scope of a sundip. Superman's shadow moon feat is impressive by the way. I mean, it is explicitly stated in the comic that he matched the force and kinetic energy of the moon to completely obliterate it. The writer even conveniently gave the reader enough information to do the math and another character more or less expects us to do the calc. Properly calculated, Superman's IMP gave enough force to blow up the Earth 700x over. Superman has also tanked things that were above planetary durability like supernovas, stars cores, black holes, energy vaporizing half a galaxy, planets exploding, multi-solar system class weapons, and the actual universe collapsing on him though that last one is a bit of an outlier. Multiplying those feats accordingly gives Thanos serious trouble.

Superman holding a black hole the size of a spec of dust was enough to destroy the solar system. Superman being inside a two black holes that are large enough to hold a big alien creature is even more impressive. Superman flying through numerous black holes on his way back to Earth is even more impressive. Even if these black holes were only a few meters wide as opposed to the actual size of what they were, that would be over multi-solar system devastating.

Second off, can you post the whole sundipped Superman imperiled fight? I’ve never seen it and would need that context to try to form an argument.

Superman finishing his charge. Superman barreling though Brainiac 13 being powered by Imperiex Prime. Beginning to push the War World back. Superman still pushing back the planet despite Brainiac using the full power of Imperiex Prime. Superman noting the repercussions of destroying the planet as Imperiex Prime was still in there. This feat can be found in Action Comics #782.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By phillip33

@dimlylitlantern: I’d like to see that calculation. The only time Superman ever has a feat against a supernova I believe is when he took the initial shockwave and outran the burst of radiation, therefore not taking the full supernova. Superman’s powers are derived from the sun, making a star core not very impressive. Superman has never “tanked” a planet exploding point blank, only from a distance away and with major injuries. The void hound beams were being tanked by Wonder Woman, and while it was stated to be multi star system, it accomplished this feat over a time frame, and it’s individual beams were nowhere near planetary. Never seen the half galaxy explosion feat, but if I’m just gonna take your words for it it’s a massive outlier. The point is though, for everyone of these feats, Superman has been ko’d By far far less.

And not necessarily. A black hole would destroy a solar system over time, sure, but it’s not comparable to a singular, solar system busting hit/ energy blast. A black hole collapsing in on itself and focusing its mass on a singular point, now that’s a different story.

Will look at those scans when I get a second. Probably gonna but the comic to look for context.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377
deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman dies

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33:

I’d like to see that calculation.

I'll find it for you.

The only time Superman ever has a feat against a supernova I believe is when he took the initial shockwave and outran the burst of radiation, therefore not taking the full supernova.

Superman tanking the force of a supernova x50 while weakened is him tanking a 50x supernova. I don't know how getting hit by the force of an explosion isn't tanking the explosion. He missed the residual radiation, he tanked the initial explosion. Brainiac has also straight out blown up a star in from to Superman and he was only knocked out with no real injury.

Superman’s powers are derived from the sun, making a star core not very impressive.

Superman's powers are granted to him by sunlight. It is impressive for him to be in a star because that type of proximity use to cause him intense strain and discomfort. There are other things that a star has that adds to the durability feat like heat and intense gravity.

Superman has never “tanked” a planet exploding point blank, only from a distance away and with major injuries.

Yes he has. Here he is tanking a War World blowing up right next to him. Here is New 52 weakened Superman tanking an explosion of a planet that had the energy of a bunch of other planets. Here is Superman tanking two planets much larger than Earth colliding and merging into one. This one is a bit more up in the air but here, here, and here is Superman tanking either some of or the entire portion of a planetary explosion. Superman has feats that are even above planetary as described above.

The void hound beams were being tanked by Wonder Woman, and while it was stated to be multi star system, it accomplished this feat over a time frame, and it’s individual beams were nowhere near planetary.

You speak like Wonder Woman isn't durable. She's Wonder Woman. Also, the Void Hound was said to have destroyed 10 star systems in one test run. The comic even showcases what it did to other planetary heroes of other star systems and their respective planets.

Never seen the half galaxy explosion feat, but if I’m just gonna take your words for it it’s a massive outlier.

You can't just dismiss feats you don't like.

The point is though, for everyone of these feats, Superman has been ko’d By far far less.

So has just about every other comic character. It is the comic universe, inconsistencies are part of what happens here.

And not necessarily. A black hole would destroy a solar system over time, sure, but it’s not comparable to a singular, solar system busting hit/ energy blast. A black hole collapsing in on itself and focusing its mass on a singular point, now that’s a different story.

It was stated, on panel, that if Superman lost his grip on the black hole, the solar system would be consumed. That black hole was only the size of a spec of dust. That is nothing compared to the size of the black holes that Superman flies through consistently.

Again, this thread is asking for Superman's abilities to be multiplied by over 100000 fold, so I am seriously doubting that Thanos stands fair chance here.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By phillip33

@dimlylitlantern said:

@phillip33:

I’d like to see that calculation.

I'll find it for you.

The only time Superman ever has a feat against a supernova I believe is when he took the initial shockwave and outran the burst of radiation, therefore not taking the full supernova.

Superman tanking the force of a supernova x50 while weakened is him tanking a 50x supernova. I don't know how getting hit by the force of an explosion isn't tanking the explosion. He missed the residual radiation, he tanked the initial explosion. Brainiac has also straight out blown up a star in from to Superman and he was only knocked out with no real injury.

-But he didn't though. He explicitly says that he outran the part of the explosion that would vaporize him. Only around 30% of a nuke's potential energy consists of the actual force of the blast, the rest of that energy is made up of heat and radiation. Superman essentially only got hit with 1/3 of the blast. this is incomparable to the silver surfer LITERALLY surfing the full force of supernovas. We all know how thanos treats him.

Superman’s powers are derived from the sun, making a star core not very impressive.

Superman's powers are granted to him by sunlight. It is impressive for him to be in a star because that type of proximity use to cause him intense strain and discomfort. There are other things that a star has that adds to the durability feat like heat and intense gravity.

-It's not impressive though when you consider the fact that thor, silver surfer, and gladiator have all done the same thing without a sunlight amp and Thanos treats them like children

Superman has never “tanked” a planet exploding point blank, only from a distance away and with major injuries.

Yes he has. Here he is tanking a War World blowing up right next to him. Here is New 52 weakened Superman tanking an explosion of a planet that had the energy of a bunch of other planets. Here is Superman tanking two planets much larger than Earth colliding and merging into one. This one is a bit more up in the air but here, here, and here is Superman tanking either some of or the entire portion of a planetary explosion. Superman has feats that are even above planetary as described above.

-Once again none of these feats are very impressive. The War world would be the closest here to truly tanking a planetary explosion. The second scan superman is clearly very far away from the detonation of the planet and still was far from tanking it. Can you show me a scan of superman directly after that third impact? This is what actually tanking a point blank planetary explosion looks like https://imgur.com/a/TlDWz#0 . Notice how the Silver Surfer is literally on the planet at the time of it's explosion, within the atmosphere, and walks away better than superman ever has, and closer to the center of the explosion than superman has ever been. Once again, We all know how thanos treats him.

The void hound beams were being tanked by Wonder Woman, and while it was stated to be multi star system, it accomplished this feat over a time frame, and it’s individual beams were nowhere near planetary.

You speak like Wonder Woman isn't durable. She's Wonder Woman. Also, the Void Hound was said to have destroyed 10 star systems in one test run. The comic even showcases what it did to other planetary heroes of other star systems and their respective planets.

- Yeah wonder woman is durable, but she'd far from planetary as she's shown time and again. It doesn't matter, no single blast from the void hound that was hitting the Justice league members showed the ability to destroy planets.

Never seen the half galaxy explosion feat, but if I’m just gonna take your words for it it’s a massive outlier.

You can't just dismiss feats you don't like.

-It's not that I don't like the feat, it's just not in line with superman's consistent durability feats. This feat is also completely context heavy. Superman didn't take a half galaxy wiping explosion. He absorbed most of the anti sun energy of the bomb into himself, rendering the bomb far, far less effective.

The point is though, for everyone of these feats, Superman has been ko’d By far far less.

So has just about every other comic character. It is the comic universe, inconsistencies are part of what happens here.

- yes but superman gets Ko'd and injured by less than planetary explosions FAR more often than he tanks that level of damage. Thanos, on the other hand, when not weakened, has never even been harmed by anything less than planetary after his post death amp. I haven't even brought up his best feats yet and even those would be far more consistent to what he shows on average than superman's very best feats as compared to his average. Superman is one of the most popular characters of all time, and has thousands of solo comics for outliers and inconsistencies to pop up, but also enough to gauge where his power consistently sits at.

It was stated, on panel, that if Superman lost his grip on the black hole, the solar system would be consumed. That black hole was only the size of a spec of dust. That is nothing compared to the size of the black holes that Superman flies through consistently.

-Yes, that's because the black hole would begin expanding uncontrollably. It never stated that the moment the black hole was freed, that the solar system would just go poof.

Again, this thread is asking for Superman's abilities to be multiplied by over 100000 fold, so I am seriously doubting that Thanos stands fair chance here.

- But do we really know that superman's powers would be amped over 100000 fold?? that sounds like speculation to me.

Edit* also none of new 52 supermans feats apply here it is just post crisis

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: They're all BS'ing. Supes' amp wouldn't be anywhere close to what he keeps claiming. First it was 1000x. Now it's 10000x. Tomorrow it'll be 100000x because they have to keep adding more zeroes as if it somehow makes them more credible.

I already did the math based on an earlier showing. It took 15min for Supes sundipping to triple his strength. Under the assuming that that can be maintained through continuous dipping, after 24hrs he'd only be 288 times stronger. Not a thousand times. Certainly not 10000 times. All their figures are baseless speculative nonsense.

And the whole "tanking a super nova" is utter nonsense. Supes getting hit by something that gives him his powers and we're supposed to take it seriously? Just. No. Earth-2 Superman passing through one Red Sun completely drained him of his powers. And this is a supes unaffected by Kryptonite. Let's see Supes take a Red Sun exploding into a nova and see how their argument pans out then.

Nvm that, as we know, Thanos tanking that Black Hole still exceeds 50 Supernovae by an astronomical margin. We have science to prove it.

Loading Video...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: that's what I thought, and honestly I don't even know if that's enough of an amp.

and I agree, he's just never "tanked" a full supernova in the first place.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By KanyeCosby

@reikai: There was never an official number to how powerful Superman gets, but it would certainly be more than three times every 15 minutes. That number is actually just a fan estimate. Normal Superman should have planetary levels of strength. Just by being inside the sun for a few minutes, he was able to push back a planet that was pushing against him with thrusters powered at full capacity. Because it was pushing against him at FTL speeds, that would require massively multi planetary level strength. Just with a little sun exposure, he was able to hold his own against the entire Justice League. I would say it’s definitely more than three times every fifteen minutes.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Doesn't Rebirth Superman count as Pre-52 Superman though? Both New 52 and Pre-52 Superman have fused together and are one as of now.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: The 15 minutes = x3 multiplier is only a thing in the non-canon All-Star Superman. Again, I am coming to my conclusion based on how Superman handled Imperiex Prime at full power. Imperiex Prime, in his armor, was able to defeat 100000 Daxamites (slightly weaker Kryptonians) without any heavy effort. Superman after only 10 or so minutes was able to push back Imperiex Prime's energy form, unconfined or held back by the suit of armor. Is it illogical to believe that Superman had gotten an amp that transcends a x3 multiplier?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: op states pre 52 I believe. And yes technically he is the merger of the two supermen it seems in personality alone though and he has feats to contradict that

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: It really depends on how you take the title, "Pre-52 Superman" really. This thread was created before the merger and thus the specification did need to be added. However the same Pre-52 Superman was brought over and given all of New 52 Superman's feats. It really comes down to if you are taking Pre-52 as just the era or the person.

Voice_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos comes out with the victory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby said:

@reikai: There was never an official number to how powerful Superman gets, but it would certainly be more than three times every 15 minutes. That number is actually just a fan estimate. Normal Superman should have planetary levels of strength. Just by being inside the sun for a few minutes, he was able to push back a planet that was pushing against him with thrusters powered at full capacity. Because it was pushing against him at FTL speeds, that would require massively multi planetary level strength. Just with a little sun exposure, he was able to hold his own against the entire Justice League. I would say it’s definitely more than three times every fifteen minutes.

So the 24 hour would make him Star level then, the difference between multi-planetary and star is quite big, something he could achieve in 24 hours. Still not enough to cause serious damage to Thanos.

Could you tell me the issues of Sun dipped Superman?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby:If there's no "official" number, then nothing you say is worth paying attention to because you're just making up how much stronger he gets instead of using any form of factual basis.

@dimlylitlantern: Daxamites are completely featless and are, frankly, irrelevant. Claiming they are "slightly weaker Kryptonians" is an utterly meaningless statement. For as far as it's known, they could all be at the level of Superman TAS or lower. Bringing them up is utterly pointless because they aren't Superman.

@death2heretics: The problem with their arguing is that multiple writers have placed limits on Superman's strength. Other writers ignore these limitations and still others seem to forget what character they're even writing for. Resulting in DC's infamous inability to maintain continuity properly.

If we go by one group of writers. Superman won't get any stronger after a certain amount of time, making the 24hr sundip meaningless. If you went by other writers, Superman can do crazy crap without an amp at all. And yet with other writers he can get punked easily. Ultimately, anyone claiming Supes gets thousands of times stronger from sun-dipping is just speaking utter nonsense in the hopes people will believe their garbage. At the very least with All-Star Superman there is at least a basis for the sundip amp. People forget that the All-Star Superman series was to be Superman in his purest sense.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By DimlyLitLantern

@reikai: I am referring to Daxamites as slightly weaker Kryptonians because that is how the main universe describes them. In fact, they don’t even say that they are weaker in the first place, they say that the more or less have the same powers and strength levels as Kryptonians. I mean, Superman is much stronger than the average Kryptonian and Daxamite, but it is still worth mentioning. I mean, have you not heard of Sodam Yat? Also, Superman pushes back a Big Bang powered War World. Unless you think Base Superman is close to that, I feel that the amp I am estimating is rather logical.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death2heretics: I am unsure as to how you got that Superman is only star level after such an amp. I mean, even regular Superman’s feats transcend that. Believing that is just ignoring most of sundipped Superman’s feats that say otherwise. How do you move across the universe in seconds with only star level power?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: Mainly because of consistency, he's consistently portrayed as a Planet level character, who has occasional outliers, most of the users who know Superman well like Lvenger agree with this, there are other characters who can be used as an example like Hulk and Thor, who have ridiculous outliers. If Superman is Planetary in base then it makes sense for him to be Star level after a 24 hour sun dip.

Speed has nothing to do with being star level. Nova Prime is MFTL in travel speed yet he isn't even a Planet buster, Gladiator can cross galaxies in seconds too yet he is planetary at best.

Im not ignoring anything, i'm simply going by logic, i know Superman has feats shaking the universe, hurting universal beings, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's universal too, there are lots of writers for Superman, which means his power level will fluctuate alot, so to make it more balanced in battle forums, we go by what is consistently portrayed, which is Planetary.