No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules

Standard Gear

Movie versions

They start 30 feet apart

Victory by Death

#3 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a pretty good idea of what Sub Zero and Scorpion can do but do you have any feats for the Three Storms? I don't even know what they are from.

#4 Edited by jrupert1 (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

Limited to movie versions I'd say the three Storms have a shot. Mostly because of Lightning.

@avatarofdeath said:

I have a pretty good idea of what Sub Zero and Scorpion can do but do you have any feats for the Three Storms? I don't even know what they are from.

They're from the movie Big Trouble In Little China, more important that this thread is you watching that movie. It's a classic little film by John Carpenter in another of the great pairings with Kurt Russel.

#5 Edited by WarlordEternal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: Just as jrupert1 said, they are from Big Trouble in Little China. In the off chance that you are interested in watching the movie (which I highly recommend) I wont spoil too much. Magical in origin, they are the "lieutenants" of the main antagonist. Each have heightened speed, strength and durability, as well as the ability to levitate. Masters of martial arts, they also have powers unique to themselves.

From left to right.

Rain has the ability to manipulate the weather to a degree. As his name suggest, he can summon downpours.

Thunder generates a massive boom sound through his presence, and can conjure green portals.

Lighting, arguably the most powerful of the three, can manipulate electricity and lightning for various purposes, such as using a lighting bolt to travel down or up.

#6 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: Well damn man based on that this sounds like a stomp in favor of the Three Storms. Scorpion & Sub-Zero don't have solid responses to those abilities. At least not the movie versions.

#7 Posted by WarlordEternal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: It should also be noted that they are not without limitations and weaknesses. All of them are vulnerable to magic based attacks. Thunder is also very quick to anger and can be easily distracted.

#8 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: So basically this could come down to whether or not we can prove Scorpion and/or Sub-Zero's abilities are magic based? It's been a while since I've watched Mortal Kombat but I don't think they have that fantastic of fighting ability unless we use nothing but scaling.

#9 Edited by WarlordEternal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: It's a safe bet that its magic based as Subzero is regarded as a cryomancer and Scorpion is undead.