#1 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

*Current Versions For All Characters*

X Men- Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Magik, Magneto, Iceman, Rouge, Hope Summers, And Storm

Avengers- Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, And Captain Marvel

Round 1- Hand To Hand (No Powers or Weapons)

Round 2- All Powers Allowed

#2 Posted by Koays (10897 posts) - - Show Bio

R1- Who the hell is going hand to hand with Thor? He's twice the size of everyone here.

R2- Aside from BFR spam (which is going to be a problem when Magik is also the only counter for Strange) the X-Men don't have anything aside from Rogue removing her restraints and just draining everyone here and using the amp to try to solo whoevers left.

Really though while I can't speak for the Avengers, these are not the strongest X-Men.

#3 Posted by Yamiyodare (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey solos

#4 Posted by Soratoumiga (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers both rounds.

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (15756 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by chiq (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. You could have put in powerhouses like Danger and Hope to make it closer though, instead of Emma and Storm though...

#7 Posted by Helloman (28483 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers win all rounds.

#8 Posted by del_torro (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard battle

Going by current versions, Hulk is operating on trans Tier team buster levels

Thor is still super strong with lightning spam

Ironman, Captain Marvel and scarlet witch.

Hmm, on the Xteam, Magneto, Iceman, Storm, Magik, Rogue, Jean and Emma.

This is going to be hard.

Biggest problems are doctor strange and Hulk. Both of them are basically immune to Telepaths, and have capacity to take down large teams.

I'm Hoping Magik can hold off doctor strange, but I doubt if she can beat him, he probably wins that match. (I know she beat him in AvX, but that was an ambush, I think).

I think they'd square off like this

Hulk-Magneto/Jean

Thor-Iceman

Ironman - storm

Captain marvel-Rogue

Doctor Strange - Magik

Scarlet Witch - Emma frost

The Xteam will probably want to use telepathy to shut down some of the combatants, while everyone is fighting each other. I don't recall Scarlet Witch having impressive telepathy defenses, so Emma frost probably takes her out, Emma could also take out Captain Marvel (I don't recall her having TP defenses either)

So, It basically depends on what Comics you're reading basically, one comic has iceman beating juggernaut and sinister, the other has him losing to Wolverine, one of these versions can take on Thor. Though I wouldn't really bet on Thor, he almost froze to death from a drop ymirs blood (yeah magic ice, but iceman has been called the second coming of ymir). It's a hard one, Thor hasn't really been impressive lately (neither as Mr I can freeze all your molecules but instead I will always attack by making large ice fists)

Jean and Magneto have no way of putting down hulk. Even if they manage to rip him apart by subatomic level manipulation, Hulk has mad regeneration. Their only hope is to throw him into space (not the moon, he'd probably just jump back).

Storm vs Ironman, this could go either way 50/50

Rogue has wondermans powers and her draining recently go amped. I think she can beat Carol. Even if she can't, I feel any of the Telepaths can easily shut down Carol.

Scarlet Witch, if she has to defenses then she stomps Emma, if she doesn't then Emma shuts her down.

#9 Posted by comic_book_fan (11179 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men

#10 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: I’ll add hope to make it closer

#11 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I didn’t really mean the “strongest” x men. I meant the strongest and most popular. Of course I know there are more powerful x men then this team.

#12 Posted by Zane240 (394 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a reason why avengers is called EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES

#13 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: X-Men prolly, don't see how they put down Iceman with just H2H.

Round 2: Strange solos.

#14 Posted by kasya_carey (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this standard powers?

#15 Edited by Saiyan_Ross (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers both rounds

#16 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Thor isn’t that strong. Honestly I don’t even know who wins round one

Avengers round 2. OP shoulda add Nate, X-man, others

#17 Edited by chiq (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope would get all the powers of the mutants including Wanda. The only real problem for the X-Men is Strange. Magik should be able to keep him occupied while the other x-men finish off the avengers.

Magik can take this battle to limbo and hope would be supercharged with all the powers she can use.

Is Wanda still considered a mutant? People lowballing the x-side

#18 Posted by Koays (10897 posts) - - Show Bio

@chosenone1222: I'm assuming this is just everyone in base human form. In which case you have 300lbs muscular dude with 1000 year brawling history.

Against our best fighter Storm. Who is half his size. I mean overall the X-Men are better trained h2h. But I cant imagine Thor slowing up in a brawl

Eh Hope was added(oddly now the smallest member of the team) Shes actually brawled with dude his size so I'm comfortable. With the numbets edge here they can take R1.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#19 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7295 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers both rounds.

#20 Edited by ChosenOne1222 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: But scarlet has natural powers which means in round one, she can use her powers. She can reality warp the x men out of existence. And sorcerer supreme strange can as well. He is more powerful than scarlet witch as well, but that’s another topic to debate. As for strange, he can’t reverse time since in round one, weapons are taken away so he can’t have the time stone, but he’s still sorcerer supreme. And sorcerer supreme was capable of beating dormammu who stalemated against eternity twice.

Also Thor without Mjolnir is still very strong. And hulk to. He destroyed a universe just by fighting a godlike being. And Thor survived being struck by a blast that could’ve ruined a portion of a galaxy. So I think avengers should win both rounds. Rogue, hope and jean can change things up a bit though since hope and jean can tap into the Phoenix force as well as rogue gaining other beings powers while killing them. But the OP didn’t say if hope or jean can tap into Phoenix. If so, team 1 wins both rounds.

#21 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Thor isn’t that strong. Honestly I don’t even know who wins round one

Avengers round 2. OP shoulda add Nate, X-man, others

Thor isn't that strong, it's a sad sad day when this is the truth :(

#22 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: lol well that’s kinda true. As much as I know and think he’s not a universal threat (and not as strong as hulk), I still love him