#1 Posted by violencejack (1083 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

he'd stomp deathstroke

maybe alucard?

#3 Posted by Amendment50 (15147 posts) - - Show Bio

@violencejack said:

he'd stomp deathstroke

Deathstroke with prep could beat him no question to be honest.

#4 Posted by JuiceBoxOwen (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto without chakra

Avatar image for corvasiusattano
#5 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts is in a weird place. According to Vs battle wiki, the poor guy cant even take in "street levelers" since most are too fast. You would think he'd be OP as hell like a lot of characters in berserk but he's not.... not yet anyways.

To answer the question though, I'd say he could take down Kenshin from Rourouni Kenshin, half of the FMA verse, a Yautja, and perhaps an Ork warboss of some kind as long as the ork doesnt have something like a shokk attack gun.

#6 Posted by LJayG (988 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Incredible or Live action Underdog

#7 Posted by CitizenSurfer (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd get smashed by Batman.

#8 Posted by Vulkanian (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Could probably make an argument for him beating Geralt.

#9 Edited by shirso (3846 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos, most pre skip One Piece characters if he has the Berserker. Spiderman. All part 1 Naruto characters. Even most part 2 characters till the Pain arc when the power creep starts.

#10 Posted by KingCrimson (5263 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: He’d stomp Geralt IMO, at least with the BA.

#11 Posted by Kratosx64x (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Kratos is too much for Guts.

#12 Posted by Vulkanian (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Eh, idk. Wouldn’t be the first opponent Geralt has fought that could one shot him and he can’t easily kill.

Berserker armor might work against Guts too, since Geralt could heat it with Igni, like he did against Imlerith.

#13 Edited by shirso (3846 posts) - - Show Bio

@kratosx64x: Guts is a lightning timer, more skilled and his weapon one shots Kratos

#14 Posted by Kratosx64x (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Kratos endured far more than Guts can dish out, Guts is not faster than Kratos and he is surely not more skilled. Kratos is much more diverse in his arsenal. And Guts doesn't come close to Kratos when it comes to strength. I think Kratos with a serious attack intendet to kill would break Guts apart. Don't get me wrong i love both characters but there is not one thing Guts has over Kratos. And i played all GoW games and read the manga Berserk 2 or 3 times

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#15 Edited by immoralimmortal (764 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#16 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Guts but he isn't beating Kratos. With the Berserker armor I think he could take base Alexander Anderson after a long fight, maybe

#17 Posted by Gokluma (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Killer croc from batman's cartoons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9011bc9c6e9
#18 Edited by deactivated-5c9011bc9c6e9 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos stomps Guts,

Deku from bnha maybe.

#19 Posted by KingCrimson (5263 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: True, but he's dealing with a swordsman who's just as skilled as him here.

Guts has every advantage over Geralt, save his signs, which I don't think are enough to turn the fight in his favour.

The Igni thing is a good point, but the very nature of the Berserker Armour seems like that wouldn't cause him as many problems as it did Imlerith, which to be fair was a close range extended blast anyway.

#20 Posted by Vulkanian (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: I doubt Guts is as skilled as Geralt. Geralt is around 100 years old, and has been sword fighting men and monsters since he was a boy.

Geralt has FTS feats in the books, and can react to instant teleportation in the games. He also 1v1’d a fully grown dragon on a crumbling tower, and beat Detlaff, a True Higher Vampire that ripped apart a small army of armed soldiers along with Regis. Lesser vampires can easily destroy plate armor, and True Higher Vampires make them look like weaklings.

I think Guts only has a real chance if he immediately blitzes with BA.

#21 Posted by KingCrimson (5263 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian:

I doubt Guts is as skilled as Geralt. Geralt is around 100 years old, and has been sword fighting men and monsters since he was a boy.

Eh, experience =/= skill, though I get your point. Geralt has a lot of experience, but all of his skill feats could be replicated by Guts no problem (in terms of defeating opponents, I'm not suggesting Guts could pirouette or anything)

Geralt has FTS feats in the books, and can react to instant teleportation in the games.

He does, but they're not on par with Guts feats even without the Berserker armour. In regards to teleportation, it seems like he reacts to the attack once they've teleported and not the teleportation itself.

He also 1v1’d a fully grown dragon on a crumbling tower, and beat Detlaff, a True Higher Vampire that ripped apart a small army of armed soldiers along with Regis. Lesser vampires can easily destroy plate armor, and True Higher Vampires make them look like weaklings.

Yeah, the Detlaff victory is his best feat IMO, but again Guts could beat him based on feats.

I think Guts only has a real chance if he immediately blitzes with BA.

I disagree. In my opinion, Geralt would struggle to get around the DS, let alone the BA. Signs would help, but I don't think it's enough.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#22 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2437 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm, hard to say, I put Guts in the high-street area, so people like Venom should be too much for him, if not, certainly people like Carnage would rock his world.

#23 Posted by Vulkanian (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Guts doesn't have any feats that outclass Geralt significantly. Anything Guts has done Geralt can do or has done.

Reacting to them attacking after instantly teleporting is reacting to instant teleportation, no two ways about it.

Detlaff is a superior version of Zodd, who Guts can barely even handle. Geralt pretty soundly beat Detlaff. There's also the giant Kraken thing in the Witcher 2 that Geralt beat with the help of a nothing special sorceress.

This is just raw sword combat too, Geralt could easily use Axii to mind rape Guts and slice his head off right after, or use Quen to bait him close and then stick him in the throat after taking no damage from the hit, or Yrden to slow him, Aard to knock him over, etc.

#24 Posted by Floopay (11155 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Hulk.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Posted by KingCrimson (5263 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian:

Guts doesn't have any feats that outclass Geralt significantly. Anything Guts has done Geralt can do or has done.

Simply not true.

Geralt can't create air pressure with his strikes, can't cut through both a horse and it's fully armoured mount with a casual swing, can't hold off attacks from Grunbeld, and that's just strength. Guts has far better durability feats than Geralt too.

Reacting to them attacking after instantly teleporting is reacting to instant teleportation, no two ways about it.

No, that's reacting to the attack. When Imlerith teleports, there is about a second delay before he attacks which is what Geralt reacts to.

Detlaff is a superior version of Zodd

How so?

who Guts can barely even handle

Guts has been even with Zodd since the HoS. If they fought now, I'm of the opinion Guts would win.

Geralt pretty soundly beat Detlaff. There's also the giant Kraken thing in the Witcher 2 that Geralt beat with the help of a nothing special sorceress.

I haven't played Witcher 2, so can't comment on the Kraken feat. Do you have a vid at all?

Geralt could easily use Axii to mind rape Guts and slice his head off right after,

I don't think Geralt ever uses Axii in combat canonically speaking, and even if he did it can be resisted with a high willpower -- Guts pretty much embodies high willpower. Wouldn't be very effective.

or use Quen to bait him close and then stick him in the throat after taking no damage from the hit

Can you show me Quen taking a hit as strong as Guts with the DS?

or Yrden to slow him, Aard to knock him over, etc.

They're his only 2 options IMO, and if he doesn't one shot afterward Guts isn't falling for it again.

#26 Posted by grappolo (2960 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah no, Guts oneshots geralt.

#27 Edited by Vulkanian (539 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

^ Geralt vs Kayran

Loading Video...

^ Geralt vs Dragon

@kingcrimson: Guts can only cut a man and horse with one swing because his sword weighs 400 lbs. Anyone that could wield Dragonslayer could do the same.

Geralt’s swords can cut through solid rock since he can kill earth and fire elementals, gargoyles, and rock trolls.

There are multiple enemies that instant teleport that Geralt reacts to. Saying he reacts to the attack and not the teleport doesn’t even make sense. They’re teleporting to attack. Some of them (mostly the vampires) attack immediately too.

Detlaff in his human form can take on an entire small army and rip them to pieces so fast that they can’t even do anything about it. To be fair, Regis was there too, but the result would of been the same regardless. In his actual vampire form he is much more powerful, and Higher Vampires can’t be permanently killed. Regis was turned into molten glass or something ridiculous like that and regenerated. Took him awhile though.

Loading Video...

Guts might be slightly better than Zodd now, but it sure as hell wouldn’t mean it would be a clear win for Guts. Guts having “high willpower” doesn’t really mean anything. Axii has worked on magical beings that should have been resistant to it, like sorcerers and vampires. Far as I know, the only instance of Axii being resisted was against Vilgefortz, and he was the strongest Mage in the Witcherverse, and it took Yennefer, Geralt, and Regis to kill him (Vilgefortz was also the one that “killed” Regis too).

I mean, Quen has worked against Detlaff, earth elementals, swords, arrows, pretty much anything. If it can take hits from monsters like Detlaff, it can take Dragonslayer.

Avatar image for corvasiusattano
#28 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts destroys geralt.

In golden age arc he kills 100 men

By himself.

he goes on to fight zodd somewhat eaqually who was stated to slay 300 men in his human form easily. I think he did this before the berserker armor too.

He reacts to rosine who was breaking the sound barrier before he got berserker armor.

And He reacts to lightning twice.

He also swings dragonslayer, a sword that's At least 300 pounds so fast that some cant even see him swing. Most people cant even hold up the sword nevermind swinging that fast.

Of course he also has arm canon, and tiny bombs so that's helpful too.

Geralt might react to teleporting vampires, but they probably dont have the same endurance, strength, and equipment as guts.