it all depends on what kind of sub it is

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aquaman and Iron Man pushed it up, Incredible held up the thing until everyone got off and then put it back. That seems like the better feat for me on paper.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just comparing the feats or their strength in general?

Avatar image for rebuildofkojima
RebuildofKojima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RebuildofKojima

@kevd4wg said:

Just comparing those specific feats only.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Iron Man pushed it up, Incredible held up the thing until everyone got off and then put it back. That seems like the better feat for me on paper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not think he was that strong dang

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Just comparing those specific feats only.

If it was curry would stomp (comic version of course)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Incredible ftw

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Iron Man and Aquaman feats are about equal. If the sub Bob held is of comparable size, then his was most impressive.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bob's is the best feat, but 616 Iron man is the strongest

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

I think Bob has the most impressive feat, I didn't realize he was that strong. He even gently lowered it down so it didn't sustain any damage after everyone got out. Even crazier he doesn't even look like he's exerting effort.

GranPkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Incredible by far, both iron man and aquaman move fast underwater, so pushing up a submerged submarine isn't all that impressive.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Out of the three, Aquaman's is actually the best. Because he is the only one that is moving it really quickly. The water resistance would be incredible. In fact, the water resistance would need more strength to overcome thanwhat it would take to lift the sub.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: this. Aquaman wins with the speed and power it would take to push a sub this gigantic he's a lot more impressive then Iron man and Bob's sub has unknown size, it couldve been WAY smaller and lighter then the other two.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Aquaman and Iron Man, tempted to say Arthur here.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Well Iron Man's isn't purely a strength feat since a lot of the power is coming from his suit's thrusters so he's out, Bob's showing is great because it's so casual and his static strength is on display as well as lifting but Aquaman's is a contender too based on what Chimeroid said. Overall though I'd give the nod to Bob's feat because he performed it with ease over a lengthy period of time, the submarine's size also isn't unknown since it's type is given in the scan and it literally says 'colossal submarine', so we can assume it's at minimum larger than the average submarine, even if it isn't though, Bob performed this feat with no visible effort which means it's no where near his max.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the three, Aquaman's is actually the best. Because he is the only one that is moving it really quickly. The water resistance would be incredible. In fact, the water resistance would need more strength to overcome thanwhat it would take to lift the sub.

I would agree but I'm pretty Aquaman gets much more powerful underwater, plus we have absolutely no idea what the context is in that scene so the feat may be less impressive when the movie comes out.

Thing is, while that was stated as Incredible's greatest strength feat, he doesn't look strained at all, which is a big difference to the other feats (Aquaman's got no context yet but I bet they will show him straining a little when doing it)

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

I would agree but I'm pretty Aquaman gets much more powerful underwater, plus we have absolutely no idea what the context is in that scene so the feat may be less impressive when the movie comes out.

Thing is, while that was stated as Incredible's greatest strength feat, he doesn't look strained at all, which is a big difference to the other feats (Aquaman's got no context yet but I bet they will show him straining a little when doing it)

Well, we are still judging this feat at face value. When the movie comes out we can revisit the subject. So far, we simply have to go based on what we can see.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kevd4wg said:

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

Well, we are still judging this feat at face value. When the movie comes out we can revisit the subject. So far, we simply have to go based on what we can see.

To me it looked like Iron Man's moved the fastest, but it can be hard to tell time with the difference in panels

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Well, to be fair, we do know that Iron Man should be stronger than DCEU Aquaman :)

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#27  Edited By KrleAvenger

Bob did it with zero effort apparently. The other two did not. However, the other two did it inside the water, which is way more impressive. Now, Tony also relied on his jet boosters while Arthur does not have such a support, but water also happens to be natural environment for someone like Arthur, while for Tony, it's not. The sub Tony lifted was also filled with water. We don't know if Arthur's was. In the end, there are multiple factors here that make the feat unique it it's own right, so it's hard to tell which one is the best.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think Incredibles is the best. Never knew he was that strong.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheKinfing

@krleavenger: It's also worth nothing that Arthur did it much faster than Tony, which would mean he was fighting against the water resistance, while Tony wouldn't, on the other hand the Submarine which Tony lifted was also filled with water which would make it heavier. I don't see what the Ocean being Arthur natural environment has to do with anything, first of all it hasn't been formally stated, and second of all we I doubt that Arthur actually grows stronger underwater, rather that he's weaker on land, if that makes any sense. Also I fail to see why Tony being on water matters, I doubt it would cause any disconformt.

As for the thread, Bob clearly edges it out.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bob

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@thekinfing:

It's also worth nothing that Arthur did it much faster than Tony,

Not sure where you are getting that from. It took Arthur at least few seconds to lift it based on that scene. On that scan, we just see Tony grabbing the sub, struggling to lift it at first, and then on the next panel it is already at the surface. We have no idea how much time it passed between this part:

No Caption Provided

and this part:

No Caption Provided

The time frame is unclear. There is nothing supporting the claim that Arthur did it faster or slower than Tony. It's not like there was a different panel showing several speech bubbles with Tony talking to someone before even reaching the surface.

which would mean he was fighting against the water resistance, while Tony wouldn't,

They were both in water. How is Tony not fighting the water resistance? If it's because he was supported by his jet boosters, again, that's fine, but again, to his credit the sub was filled with water, which you acknowledged yourself.

I don't see what the Ocean being Arthur natural environment has to do with anything, first of all it hasn't been formally stated, and second of all we I doubt that Arthur actually grows stronger underwater, rather that he's weaker on land, if that makes any sense. Also I fail to see why Tony being on water matters, I doubt it would cause any disconformt.

My point wasn't that Arthur apparently becomes stronger in water (don't think it has officially been confirmed), but about it being his natural environment is something I brought up because it is way easier for him to move in water than someone like Tony. I know it doesn't cause a lot of discomfort but the pressure should still affect him to a degree, while for Arthur, it is way easier from him to be inside water as we've seen in the Justice League movie. I think that is something we should consider.

For the record, I'm not saying that Tony's feat is more impressive because of it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why don't you actually wait for the movie to release before making these threads? Then you will specifically know what type of submarine, context and how more impressive or less impressive this feat is?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr Incredible is like a 400+ tonner in the movies

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't let this take you away from the facts that 616 ironman is order of magnitudes stronger than anyone in