Street Tier Water-Themed Tournament (8/8)

• 70 results
CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CocaColaMan
A Wise Man Fears the Sea in a Storm
A Wise Man Fears the Sea in a Storm

Hydrokinesis

This is a tournament meant to focus solely on street tier characters who are based around the theme of water. I'll allow up to 6 to participa

This will be part of a series of tournaments I'll run. These will be the street tier water-themed tournament, the low-mid tier earth-themed tournament, the mid tier fire-themed tournament and the high tier air-themed tournament.

"Water-Themed"

You may choose one water-themed fighter who must be weak enough to not beat 616 Spider-Man for a majority. Your character does not necessarily need to have water manipulation, or have solely that power, but they must in some major way fit into a theme of water. Ice manipulation could also fit in this tournament so long as the character can still be argued as "water-themed" overall instead of just ice-themed. i.e. Frozone from The Incredibles wouldn't count as eligible for this tournament. Once a character is chosen they are yours to keep unless you change characters.

If your character has other abilities than water manipulation, discuss it with me and I will determine if it is okay. As a general rule of thumb, if it gives them another power(s) comparable to their water manipulation or that would overshadow their water-theme, I may allow the character to be used but without their extraneous powers. Weapons are unlikely to effect a character's eligibility. And for the purposes of this tournament, water manipulation cannot be used on the fluids inside a character, i.e. bloodbending from Avatar.

Physical stats generally shouldn't scale above building level with supersonic+ speed, around Mach 3. If your character is an inherently fast character such as a speedster that can be stretched up a bit but still below hypersonic, or Mach 5.

Certain abilities are just too problematic of course, so here's a list I've borrowed from @geekryan's Corporate Wars

Banned Powers/Abilities

• Reality Warping
  • Time Manipulation
  • Space Manipulation
  • Luck Manipulation
  • Power Copying/Stealing
  • Speed Stealing
  • Precognition (things like Spider-Sense are fine)
  • Immortality
  • Instant-Kill attacks
  • Internal Attacks
  • Permanent Intangibility (as in lasting more than 30 seconds at a time)
  • Cloning

Limits

• Telekinesis and similar abilities cannot be directly used on the bodies of the opponent opponent but can be used on their gear. TK blasts against the opponent are allowed.
  • Telekinesis and similar abilities are limited to no more than 100 tons.
  • Telepathy: mind reading and telepathic communication are fully allowed. This also applies to soul abilities, pheromones, gas, and magic-based telepathy as well.
  • Gear and hax must remain street-level.
  • Regeneration is limited to 616 Wolverine level.
  • Invisibility is allowed but it can only affect the sense of sight.

Debating Rules

These will be CaV style debates with only 3 posts each. A week for deadline posting, extensions allowed by request prior to the end of the deadline and an absolute maximum of another week of extension; if the normal or extension deadline isn't met, either a reserve will take place in the debate or you lose outright. You can change character up until both openers are uploaded. As soon as both debaters have introduced their characters, that's it.

You must have 100 posts to participate in this tourney unless I have confirmation you are an alt.

Match Rules

• Win by death, KO, or incap
  • Random encounter
  • In character
  • Standard gear
  • Start 35 meters apart
  • Location will be voted on by the debaters and I will find a compromise if a conclusion isn't met
CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These will be the street tier water-themed tournament, the low-mid tier earth-themed tournament, the mid tier fire-themed tournament and the high tier air-themed tournament.

Very curious about how these will play out with the tiers. Looking forward to it

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven’t read anything

Percy please

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CocaColaMan

Contestants

• Geekryan: Rain
  • SupremeGeneration: Percy Jackson
  • stormshadow_x: Yale
  • Young Justice: Jackson Hyde
  • SeaGod: Lan Xuanyu
  • Delein: Aggregor
  • Shirso: Zabuza
  • ANTHP: Korra

Reserves

• Gilgamesh: Greninja
  • Zetsu: Ghost Shark
  • KingCrimson: Master Qifrey
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

reserve

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go in with Jackson Hyde if eligible. Glad you found a way to get this tourney off the ground, it was always a cool concept.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go in with Jackson Hyde if eligible. Glad you found a way to get this tourney off the ground, it was always a cool concept.

Which version?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61a94331705e8
deactivated-61a94331705e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: reserve me big chill (ultimate if allowed), else base. I know about the intangibility rule.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@cocacolaman: I'll enter with Lan Xuanyu

No Caption Provided

Do you have an RT for him? And is water his "main" theme/ability?

@delein said:

@cocacolaman: reserve me big chill (ultimate if allowed), else base. I know about the intangibility rule.

Isn't Big Chill more an ice guy than a water guy? I know ice is just solid water but thematically they have different rings to them. I can still keep you in if you have another character though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ANTHP2000

Some perks could make this more fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: gonna pick keldeo (resolute form) if its fine then.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some perks could make this more fun.

I'm not the best at handling perks and this isn't one of those kinds of tourneys, just a small thing.

You wanna be a reserve?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shirso

I'll sign up with Zabuza (alive) from Naruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice said:

Which version?

If Composite is an option, both.

I'd prefer comics version if not.

If comics version is too much for the tourney, I'll just drop and wait for the Earth round.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: he's an elementalist but his spirit is River Grass. He also mostly uses Water/ice in a fight.

https://soulland.fandom.com/wiki/Lan_Xuanyu_(Tang_Xuanyu)/Abilities

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Give me Avatar Korra, without the Avatar State. Would it be fair if she had her waterbending, airbending, and earthbending? Trading her firebending for a couple of pieces of non-standard gear, namely her glider stuff and metalbending cables?

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman said:
@youngjustice said:

Which version?

If Composite is an option, both.

I'd prefer comics version if not.

If comics version is too much for the tourney, I'll just drop and wait for the Earth round.

Do you have an RT for his comic version?

@seagod said:

@cocacolaman: he's an elementalist but his spirit is River Grass. He also mostly uses Water/ice in a fight.

https://soulland.fandom.com/wiki/Lan_Xuanyu_(Tang_Xuanyu)/Abilities

Cool

@cocacolaman: Give me Avatar Korra, without the Avatar State. Would it be fair if she had her waterbending, airbending, and earthbending? Trading her firebending for a couple of pieces of non-standard gear, namely her glider stuff and metalbending cables?

I can allow that, Shirso also wants to join so I can bump it up to 8 instead of 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: if Korra is allowed I'll switch to aggregor from ben 10 instead of keldeo, he also uses other things besides water manipulation but 3/5 of his aliens parts are based on water and/or fightining in water. I'll restrict armordrillo's powers.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:

@cocacolaman: if Korra is allowed I'll switch to aggregor from ben 10, he also uses other things besides water manipulation but 3/5 of his aliens are based on water.

I skimmed through an RT and he seems a bit too strong for this tourney. If these three feats are outliers I can allow him but if they're consistent you'll need to stick with Keldeo.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: as I said I'm restricting Armodrillo's power/strenght. the first feat and the second are feats using its power. Armodrillo allows him to use vibrations as AP as well as a mean for defending. the 3rd feat would be in the same tier as other characters used here like Percy and Korra. lemme know.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:

@cocacolaman: as I said I'm restricting Armodrillo's power/strenght. the first feat and the second are feats using its power. Armodrillo allows him to use vibrations as AP as well as a mean for defending. the 3 feat would be in the same tier as other characters used here like Percy and Korra. lemme know.

I see, cool then

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ANTHP2000

@cocacolaman: Exactly what are the limits in regards to overall speed? Because I'm seeing Naruto -- and just in general anime -- characters being used, and I'm aware of the levels they're usually argued at, and I don't want this to not be competitive just on the grounds of that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: afaik Percy and Aggregor are in the same speed tier as Korra.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:

I specifically asked about anime characters and you named everyone besides them, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:
@delein said:

I specifically asked about anime characters and you named everyone besides them, lol.

I misread your post, I thought you where referring in general to all of them. Zabuza should be fine if compared to mine and korra, dont know the others

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Exactly what are the limits in regards to overall speed? Because I'm seeing Naruto -- and just in general anime -- characters being used, and I'm aware of the levels they're usually argued at, and I don't want this to not be competitive just on the grounds of that.

Mach 3ish unless a character is also a speedster in which case it can go up to Mach 4 or at least below Mach 5. If I think that someone is over the limits during a match I'll just disqualify them and we'll move on from there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: mach 3?

Zabuza: fought and reacted to kakashi who not only uses lightining but is also a lightining timer.

Korra: fought with people who use lightining bending (based on fire bending) and can keep up or outspeed people who can redirect lightining after it has been travelling.

Aggregor: reacts to a lightining shock from ben. Also uses lightining manip.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:

@cocacolaman: mach 3?

Zabuza: fought and reacted to kakashi who not only uses lightining but is also a lightining timer.

Korra: fought with people who use lightining bending (based on fire bending) and can keep up or outspeed people who can redirect lightining after it has been travelling.

Aggregor: reacts to a lightining shock from ben. Also uses lightining manip.

I can't speak to Zabuza and Aggregor, but Korra never timed lightningbending, and I know for a fact that ANTHP doesn't hold Korra to any standard above Mach 3 anyway.

Why would street tiers have lightning timing anyway?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a neat idea for tourney. I wish I could join but ironically the water element is the only one I don't have a character I could rep for in this tier. Closest I got is a purely ice themed character lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a neat idea for tourney. I wish I could join but ironically the water element is the only one I don't have a character I could rep for in this tier. Closest I got is a purely ice themed character lol

That's a shame. My original idea would have allowed you a lot more freedom with that but sadly it never garnered enough interest.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

If there's room gimme base Greninja, if not I'll be a reserve.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's room gimme base Greninja, if not I'll be a reserve.

You'll have to be a reserve for now, if someone else wants to join I might stretch it to 10 contestants

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I'll be using Composite Rain from Mortal Kombat

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: should the tk limit really be 100 in a street tourney?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

That's a shame. My original idea would have allowed you a lot more freedom with that but sadly it never garnered enough interest.

If you ever make any more Tourney's could you tag me?

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Should it be lower or higher? I'm basing street level in a general sense off Spider-Man, and I don't believe that 100 tons in and of itself is too far above what he could lift, nor even above the water power of the characters I know well like Percy and Korra.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman said:
@wastelandman said:

Absolutely, I'm making a couple more after this and if those go well I plan on making a street tier ice vs lightning themed tourney.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:
@cocacolaman said:
@wastelandman said:

Absolutely, I'm making a couple more after this and if those go well I plan on making a street tier ice vs lightning themed tourney.

Oh that'd be awesome, I have a few in mind for those.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stormshadow_x

@cocacolaman: Any idea when you're planning to start since it seems I'm the last guy? I'll be attempting to use a Composite Yale from the Power Ranger Comics, there's unfortunately no respect thread I could link for you tho but if you need any information I'm more than willing to give what I can. Will the tourney be 1v1 battles or mission based by chance?

No Caption Provided
CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I'll probably start in a couple of days. It'll just be the standard 1v1 matches until we reach a winner.