This is a tournament meant to focus solely on street tier characters who are based around the theme of water. I'll allow up to 6 to participa
This will be part of a series of tournaments I'll run. These will be the street tier water-themed tournament, the low-mid tier earth-themed tournament, the mid tier fire-themed tournament and the high tier air-themed tournament.
You may choose one water-themed fighter who must be weak enough to not beat 616 Spider-Man for a majority. Your character does not necessarily need to have water manipulation, or have solely that power, but they must in some major way fit into a theme of water. Ice manipulation could also fit in this tournament so long as the character can still be argued as "water-themed" overall instead of just ice-themed. i.e. Frozone from The Incredibles wouldn't count as eligible for this tournament. Once a character is chosen they are yours to keep unless you change characters.
If your character has other abilities than water manipulation, discuss it with me and I will determine if it is okay. As a general rule of thumb, if it gives them another power(s) comparable to their water manipulation or that would overshadow their water-theme, I may allow the character to be used but without their extraneous powers. Weapons are unlikely to effect a character's eligibility. And for the purposes of this tournament, water manipulation cannot be used on the fluids inside a character, i.e. bloodbending from Avatar.
Physical stats generally shouldn't scale above building level with supersonic+ speed, around Mach 3. If your character is an inherently fast character such as a speedster that can be stretched up a bit but still below hypersonic, or Mach 5.
- Reality Warping
- Time Manipulation
- Space Manipulation
- Luck Manipulation
- Power Copying/Stealing
- Speed Stealing
- Precognition (things like Spider-Sense are fine)
- Instant-Kill attacks
- Internal Attacks
- Permanent Intangibility (as in lasting more than 30 seconds at a time)
- Telekinesis and similar abilities cannot be directly used on the bodies of the opponent opponent but can be used on their gear. TK blasts against the opponent are allowed.
- Telekinesis and similar abilities are limited to no more than 100 tons.
- Telepathy: mind reading and telepathic communication are fully allowed. This also applies to soul abilities, pheromones, gas, and magic-based telepathy as well.
- Gear and hax must remain street-level.
- Regeneration is limited to 616 Wolverine level.
- Invisibility is allowed but it can only affect the sense of sight.
These will be CaV style debates with only 3 posts each. A week for deadline posting, extensions allowed by request prior to the end of the deadline and an absolute maximum of another week of extension; if the normal or extension deadline isn't met, either a reserve will take place in the debate or you lose outright. You can change character up until both openers are uploaded. As soon as both debaters have introduced their characters, that's it.
You must have 100 posts to participate in this tourney unless I have confirmation you are an alt.
- Win by death, KO, or incap
- Random encounter
- In character
- Standard gear
- Start 35 meters apart
- Location will be voted on by the debaters and I will find a compromise if a conclusion isn't met