• 65 results
#51 Posted by Chimeroid (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

Geek - Love the teammaking. Love the use of Azazel as it was a great idea and i loved the initial strategy with one big issue - C4 Doesn't explode when heated up. Just not how it works.

Ashrym - Impressed by how sneakily he showed fire resistance feats for his characters as Geek said he would use heat on Ash's team. He has quickly and effectively dismissed the teamwork issue without fail, and has given solid counters to the initial strategy.

Now, let's take a look at main strategies

The Azazel Drop - Sry, but i am not buying that this would work. The strategy indicates that Azazel starts with Jason Todd. I believe that Ashrym has shown that Jason is fast enough, or at least well-equipped enough to drop Azazel should Azazel try to do this to him.

The Combustion - Great strategy. BUt, fire resistance feats are just too much here. We have Jason Todd taking fire and creating his own swords, Katana's sword took Zod's heat vision (and Geek's counters were just not good), and Crok took a full-on propane gas fire. The strat would work on Arsenal.

I mean, there is literally a scan of Katana saying "i can hold a burning sword" while her sword is burning. That is far too specific of a feat to argue against.

The Brawl - The Brawl is the most debatable part here. I felt that Geek holds the advantage here, but he was demolished in the previous two posts and he made it feel like he would need AShrym's team to be weakened in order to beat him in a direct fight.

lastly, Geek spent the entire time debating mroe about Ash's team than his own. And, unfortunately, he has proven that he is not an expert on those characters.

For Debating Etiquette, i will ignore the Eye-Gouging feat and assume it wasn't there to begin with.

Overall, i still have to vote for Ashrym as i feel that Geek didn't represent Mary well enough to show that she can hold her own against any of the two combatants from Ahrym's team.

#52 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Fair enough, and thanks for voting, but...

For Debating Etiquette, i will ignore the Eye-Gouging feat and assume it wasn't there to begin with.

What do you mean by this?

#53 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by Chimeroid (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

@chimeroid: Fair enough, and thanks for voting, but...

What do you mean by this?

As you mentioned, it was poor etiquette to use the feat in the closer. So, i ignored the existence of that feat.

#55 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Ashrym (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Thank you very much for the vote and the detailed feedback. :)

#58 Posted by AValiantImge (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote for @ashrym. Overall I from what was presented his team had the tools and abilities to stop Geekryan's team in their tracks. I'll make some sections from what I thought were the biggest points in the debate.

Azazel

One big point was Azazel teleporting Red Hood into the sky to kill to but from the videos showen Azazel still has to grab to teleport someone else but seeing as Jason has the perfect counter to that in the form of his taser plate, which I don't think was used by Ashrym to counter Azazel, it would stop Azazel.

Elektra vs Katana

. In terms in speed I found Katana more impressive. Although both can deflect gunfire its important to note that Elektra only deflected/ cut bullets shot from pistols and or sub-machine guns while Katana can deflect fire from Assault rifles which fire rounds at speeds of mach 2 much faster than mach 1 or in case of pistols sub-sonic. Of course theres the sniper dodging which is impressive but not as good as this feat

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Intercepting and blocking a pistol just seems to be more impressive. As for skill I won't touch that since all both Ashrym and Geekryan did was name drop opponents. Like Ironfist and Lady Shiva so as somebody who does not give a rats ass about DC/Marvel i don;t know or care about who those characters are and therefore meaningless. Feats for these characters about how why its so impressive beating and or stalemating them would have been good. But if I had to again I give it to Katana who stopped Zod's punch using her sword and skill someone who even me can at least know that Zod is a high tier or the at very least way above street in terms of strength so to stop his punch is impressive.

Typhoid Mary

She wasn't really discussed as much but her strategy of burning the weapons of the Ash's team was counter by Katana literally holding a burning sword and Red Hood making his own swords along with decent fire resistance. She had good durability (From JJ and LC) but Ash's team was mainly using piecing damage to harm Geek's team and none of them were even bullet proof .

Misc

Nothing much else to add the eye gouging feat didn't add anything to me so it doesn't really matter. Other little things were discussed Roy's trick arrows, Red Hood's C4 and skill, but these things weren't really too important to change the whole fight but could add up to a significant advantage. The prep it was never verified whether Geek's team could change their spawn location nor did they have the method to locate Ash's team mainly Katana and Red hood who can hide from Martians and kryptonians.

Overall Ash's team had the counters and stealth (if need be) to win this fight.

#59 Posted by Ashrym (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by XLR87T3 (10066 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: my vote goes to @geekryan (that's twice I voted for you now in roughly 24 hours lol), whilst @ashrym certainly held his own, I felt that Geekryan had a better constructed team, a more thought out/better battle-plan, and generally just a better character in the form of Typhoid. Good debate though lads, whoever wins I hope to face in the next round So I can get myself an easy win :).

I agree with everything here, couldn't have said it better myself

#61 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Thanks for voting! And much appreciated :)

#62 Posted by Ashrym (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Thank you for voting. You just tied us back up, lol. :D

#63 Posted by Ashrym (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: The vote looks like 2-2 right now. How much longer is voting open?

#64 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by marvelfan1992 (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: you might have noticed I haven't been active lately, really busy atm so I won't be able to go through this until after the holidays I'm afraid, sorry

#66 Posted by geekryan (4766 posts) - - Show Bio