Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BJParks

Firstly, Spider-Man does NOT have an intellect "similar to Batman's level."

Secondly, team wins. 10/10

I disagree. Spidey is more the scientist than Batman, and probably has more natural potential, but spends more time helping others than honing his talent.

Black Canary solos.

Without new suit:

With it:

No Caption Provided

Lmao.

But she'd have to catch him first. Keep in mind that Spidey is probably not going all out against his employee, whom he is trying to give a second chance. Even if he is going all out against Clash, he is trying to lead him away from civilians without retreating. Also, in the first scan you posted, the canonicity is questionable, since this is Age of Ultron. Also, keep in mind that Spidey was severely weakened, having been captured by Ultron sometime before. Context for the second scan please? The third scan is reasonable, but Spidey does not have to stand still for Black Canary to hit him, and Spidey might be able to incapacitate her with his webbing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Canary is MVP.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bjparks: Sound attacks are basically area of effect attacks. You can't really dodge them unless they are localized or focused. They spread out in every direction. I don't feel like giving context and arguing the validity of the first three scans since it's already established that sonics work on Spider-Man and that Black Canary has sound attacks powerful enough to stomp characters much tougher than him. She can very well solo. Especially with morals off where she won't care about her teammates' well-being enough to localize or hold back her scream.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: You might be able to dodge them if you have travel speeds greater than the propagation speed of the wave, which is possible for Spider-Man vs. what I assume is the propagation speed of the Canary Cry, namely, the speed of sound. The OP didn't say whether they have knowledge of each other's abilities. Besides, depending on which version of Spidey the OP meant, he could just bring his stealth suit, which is an omniharmonic mesh that also limits (or neutralizes, I'm not completely sure for attacks that also have physical effects) the effectiveness of her scream. In that case, her effectiveness would drop severely, especially if she takes out her teammates in attacking. If he can't, he has enough feats that, depending on his knowledge of her abilities and his morality, he could dodge her area attack.

Anyway, if you read my post on page 1, the team is pretty well stacked against Spidey, morals off especially. But Black Canary does not necessarily solo.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: The fourth scan I posted was of his new suit getting fodderized by sonics. Also, even if he outruns the range of the sonic attack he will still need to get back within the range in order to fight her. Every time he gets closer the noise will become more and more dangerous to him.

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman wins, he blitzes every character and even if he doesnt, he could just web up canaries mouth I believe.

DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canary wouldn't even catch Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BJParks

@noone1996: Please see the scan above for a comparison for how fast he was. Also, maybe his new suit was quote "fodderized" (although that's up for debate), but his Big Time suit wouldn't be. Also, it's not true that every time he gets closer the noise will become more dangerous. See this scan?

No Caption Provided

Notice that the area between and behind the two sonic attackers (Canary and the other, I'm not sure who) is nearly untouched. In other words, the Canary Cry is an area attack, not an omnidirectional one. If Spidey can avoid her canary cry and maneuver behind her, which is nowhere near impossible even in his classic suit, a simple lovetap to the back of the head would take her out (at least temporarily).

Again, random encounter with Spidey alone? Could probably go either way, but the odds lean in Spidey's favor.

Random encounter team vs. Spidey? Probably team, due to the combined efforts of bloodlusted Batman's application of tech, bloodlusted Black Canary's Canary Cry, and Deadpool's deus ex machina. Canary does not necessarily solo.

P.S. Could you tell me how I get the text to wrap under the image?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheWatcherKing
GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GCPD

@noone1996: the spider-man wank is as always laughable.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gcpd: You can say that again..

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should win; possibly a stomp if its pre-secret wars spider-man. Even if Peter does blitz black canary right off the bat (which based on the scans seems to be the only way he can win a one on one fight with her). Even if he does remove black canary he still has a fight on his hands if he doesn't have his current armor. I haven't been keeping up with Slott's run so I am not up to date on what his armor can do but from the bit I have seen he should win with his current armor if he removes Canary right off the bat.

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
spideyandslendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By spideyandslendy

morals on peter loses

morals off peter wins

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the fanboy in me wants to say Spider-Man, but considering how Cap's been handled the last few years and how he's beaten Spidey one on one it makes it impossible to pick Spider-Man

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: interesting, did Captain defeat a bloodlusted spidey or spidey who was holding back?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@yarva said:

I think morals Captain America and Deadpool alone would give morals on Spider-man an extremely tough time.

I think here Canary cry would be difficult, not impossible, for him to avoid. It's a type of attack that is very wide. Here's some examples.

As you can see in just 2 examples she can make the cry narrow or wide. In the second one she is using it to take out 15 enemies.

Her canary cry has made Superman bleed and brought others like Flash to their knees. I'll grab a scan from google that shows her hurting Lobo.

This last scan will show a future time line that now has been erased so take this one with a grain of salt and don't pay too much attention to it. This is 35 years into the future and Canary has been killed but through technology, her head has been placed into Frankensteins chest and used to vaporize the Flash.

The general idea is that

1. Spidey is outnumbered and can't focus on just her.
  2. The team is morals off.
  3. Spidey likes to joke around too much.
  4. Her cry has been wide enough to take out an entire city block meaning it would be extremely difficult to dodge.
  5. Her cry is strong enough to hurt high tier people like Lobo.

Isn't that Lobo scan from injustice?

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GCPD

@tomtheawesome123: A holding back one and a aggressive spider-man, but still holding back.

He didnt really beat him, but he got the upper hand over him.

Team still stomps. Black Canary solos, Cap might solo and Daredevil and Deadpool can easily keep up with web-head.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gcpd said:

@tomtheawesome123: A holding back one and a aggressive spider-man, but still holding back.

Team still stomps. Black Canary solos, Cap might solo and Daredevil and Deadpool can easily keep up with web-head.

Please tell another joke... you do realize this is the 616 version of Spider-man we're talking about... the guy that lifts 40+ tons with ease, goes through every fight in true bullet time, is durable enough to tank a punch from the Hulk. None of them stand a chance even if they work together, they won't even be able to touch him while he speed blitzes them.

tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf:

He is not blitzing anybody here.

last time I checked he wasnt 40+ tons anymore.

Cap, Daredevil, Black Canary and Deadpool are all bullet timers as well.

I think Cap and Deadpool took hits from the Hulk before as well.

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GCPD

@chuckwolf: "He speed blitzes them"

Pls tell me more of this fanboy bullshit.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gcpd said:

@chuckwolf:

I don't think Peter has gotten any weaker since the 90's if anything he's probably stronger .

Do you know what "Bullet Timing" is?

It's when a person's very perception of time slows down so that moving objects around them are going in slow motion, like watching a movie frame by frame. so seconds seem like minutes. Spider-man lives his life like this the others would literally be stranding still to him, that's why he blitzes. the 4 you mentioned don't see the world in slow motion with the possible exception of Daredevil and he doesn't slow down the world as much as Peter does. He sees things slowed down so much that he can web the individual bullets from machine gun fire before they reach their target.

People wank so much on the Flash and other speedsters saying their speed gives them an advantage in fights. Well here's news for you, in combat Spider-man is a speedster, but his speed isn't focused on running, it's focused on combat actions, and reactions. he can throw 40 blows in the time it takes a human to throw 1. And he's stronger than most other people with super-speed.

You truly have no idea just how powerful this combination of speed and strength makes him. This battle would at the least last a few seconds, while Peter moves from them 1 by 1 giving each a gentle love tap to the head knocking them out because they are friends. Morals off... he turns their faces into hamburger before they can react.

About Cap and Deadpool taking hits from Hulk... Yep they have, Cap with his shield, which negates most of the impact. and Deadpool regenerated after being hit, he still probably had every bone in his body broken though, Spidey has done it without getting hurt... big difference.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Team

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: Get out of here with non-canon scans of Canary Cry. Future's End is a different timeline and Injustice surely is.

OT, I don't see Peter beating all these guys in a comic, but he should be able to. Cap alone usually gives him a fight. Batman Deadpool Daredevil and Canary are pretty tough in their rights, tho Spider-Man usually doesn't go down and is very skilled against multiple opponents. If he is bloodlusted/morals off (SpOck took Scorpion's jaw off in one hit) should be able to one-shot some people here. Morals on he loses 9/10, morals off he can win 6/10, don't mind me though he is my favorite character afterall.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BJParks

@gcpd said:

Do you have scans to prove that Daredevil and Deadpool can easily keep up with Spider-Man? Just because they travel with him doesn't prove they can keep up with him. Maybe they can, or maybe he travels relatively slowly so they can keep up. @noone1996 already argued that Black Canary solos, which is arguable (I disagree), but fine. Cap is skilled, but against Spider-Man's spider-sense and speed, I don't think he would solo 7.5/10, even bloodlusted.

No Caption Provided

@gcpd said:

@chuckwolf:

I don't know, so I'm curious. I've seen scans of Cap bullet-timing, but are Black Canary, Daredevil, and Deadpool bullet-timers, or just good at timing their dodging?

For example, in the scans below, is Hawkeye bullet-timing, or timing his dodge right (even with his enhanced perception)?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: Get out of here with non-canon scans of Canary Cry. Future's End is a different timeline and Injustice surely is.

I mentioned that. Futures end characters are just older versions of the original timeline. In fact Futures End is the original timeline. People came back in time to prevent those events from happening. What I'm trying to say is that those characters from the future are the same characters that have performed all the feats from New 52. Regardless, I said to take it with a grain of salt because my points were that:

1. Spidey is outnumbered and can't focus on just her.
    2. The team is morals off.
    3. Spidey likes to joke around too much.
    4. Her cry has been wide enough to take out an entire city block meaning it would be extremely difficult to dodge.
    5. Her cry is strong enough to hurt high tier people like Superman.
RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: And King Thor storyline was a future of 616 until Thor went back in time to change it. Does that mean Thor can kill Hulk and Thing?

Do you have scans or just issue numbers of Canary Cry hurting Superman tier characters?

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: And King Thor storyline was a future of 616 until Thor went back in time to change it. Does that mean Thor can kill Hulk and Thing?

Do you have scans or just issue numbers of Canary Cry hurting Superman tier characters?

And King Thor storyline was a future of 616 until Thor went back in time to change it. Does that mean Thor can kill Hulk and Thing?

I've never read it so I can't say. Could you try a better way to explain why you disagree with what I said about Future's End?

I'll see if I can find them.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: Future storylines aren't canon. I don't know how better to explain it. Even if the story starts from the main universe, if it's changed by time travel or even if not, you can't use those feats for characters. Only mainstream continuity.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Yarva

@yarva: Future storylines aren't canon. I don't know how better to explain it. Even if the story starts from the main universe, if it's changed by time travel or even if not, you can't use those feats for characters. Only mainstream continuity.

I would disagree. Those characters from the future have all the feats the New 52 characters had up to the point where the people from the future came to the past to change it. And I say that for the obvious logical, common sense reasons. Additionally, here are a couple feats for her Canary Cry:

Black Canary v3 #1: A less experienced Dinah uses her Canary Cry to blow back some goons against a wall. She also gains the approval of the Batman on the next page.

In the second scan, she shatters glass and sends some thugs flying.

Birds of Prey v2 #2: Dinah sends police cars and cops flying.

No Caption Provided

Birds of Prey v2 #10: The Canary Cry sends Mammoth, who has taken on Superboy and the Teen Titans at the same time.

No Caption Provided

Justice League of America v2 #15: Black Canary one-shots Giganta with her scream.

No Caption Provided

Justice League of America v2 #24: Dinah makes Amazo's head explode. I honestly don't know what to say.

No Caption Provided

JLA / JSA: Virtue and Vice #1: Canary unleashes an ultrasonic attack that knocks out the everyone in the White House. Except for Despero, but Despero is one of the most durable beings in comics, so that isn't exactly a low showing.

No Caption Provided

She can use it as an AoE the to affect entire city blocks wide:

She can also narrow it to destroy things she wants destroyed such as a small ball or handcuffs and not hurt the persons hands.:

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@sunman said:

the fanboy in me wants to say Spider-Man, but considering how Cap's been handled the last few years and how he's beaten Spidey one on one it makes it impossible to pick Spider-Man

That never happened.

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GCPD

@bjparks: Daredevil and spider-man fought several times before and Daredevil had no problem keeping up with peter, although peter won most of the time.

Cap fought against peter twice and even got the upper hand over him.

Cap vs Peter

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Flowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F05%2Fcvs2.jpg%3Fw%3D650&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Flowbrowcomics.com%2F2015%2F05%2F05%2Fthe-amazing-spider-man-vs-captain-america%2F&h=734&w=500&tbnid=kY2m5MjJan6U3M%3A&vet=1&docid=xa38tt8WSf6u8M&ei=5qx_WO_XJ8Kd6ATmuqyQCQ&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=205&page=0&start=0&ndsp=59&ved=0ahUKEwjv4ongoszRAhXCDpoKHWYdC5IQMwg6KBgwGA&bih=971&biw=1920

Daredevil vs Spider-man

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/61327/1176263-1128164_1038486_13lp1_super_1_.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lamashtar/media/SpidermanDaredevil/Daredevil016-14.jpg.html

Spider-man comes out on top, most of the time but Matt can still keep up.

I was probably wrong about Deadpool. He probably cant keep up with his speed but he is still relevant since he is hard to take down. he has to incap him, while he fights the other characters, which already proved that they can easily keep up with peter morals on.

I still say Cap might solo, since this is morals on (6/10) and Black Canary solos for sure (10/10).

I dont know how to post scans in here, thats why I posted the links.

Anyways. Im done here. Spider-man fanboys arrived (not you) ... At this point its pointless to argue. Lets just agree to disagree.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gcpd: Matt has never really been a match for him. He has either beaten a younger inexperienced Peter or a Peter who is disabled in some way,like lacking spider sense

A decently serious spidey will wipe the floor with him

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GCPD

@chuckwolf:

Cap has already stated that the reason he dodges bullets is because "he can see faster"

He can see the bullet midair and get out of the way.

Daredevil dodges Bullets without a problem and even managed to block and deflect bullets and use them against his opponents.

"he can throw 40 blows in the time it takes a human to throw 1. And he's stronger than most other people with super-speed."

BULLSHIT

spider-man is probably next to flash the most wanked character on this side. I even saw a battle with him against Raiden. It became laughable ...

Im pretty sure Cap took direct hits from Hulk, namor and iron Man before. They are all several times stronger than peter.

"Spidey has done it without getting hurt... big difference."

BULLSHIT

Dont start humiliating yourself. "without getting hurt" by a punch from Hulk ? omg Im done here ...

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GCPD

@brucerogers: This is a morals on one and he kept up with him just fine, when Peter was holding back.

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GCPD

Im done here.

Im never commenting under a Spider-man thread ever again ... He gets wanked way too much.

I would have already locked this thread.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gcpd: Fair enough. Good game man.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89  Edited By blackspidey2099

Haha, so much misinformation and Canary wanking here....

Spidey can just use the anti-sonic inverter he built to disable Canary's cry. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eepj2kOj_xw/V9lVNbWvq3I/AAAAAAADEPc/nXJNSuK6eN8ORrBdBjShG1W46aMLiQ16QCLcB/s1600/21_03.jpg

The reason it didn't work against Clash is that Clash already knew Spider-Man had that technology and began to use digital audio files to pump through his suit, rather than a single sound. Canary doesn't know that. Even if she can rapidly change the frequency of her cry like a song (which I doubt) this should disable it long enough for Peter to oneshot her.

Another thing about the sound - although it was powerful enough to destroy a giant robot made up of cars and a bunch of other electric devices, Clash even states that all it is doing is distorting Peter's vision and balance, effectively just making him really dizzy.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X1Co8qwqyHY/V7Rs62HJS3I/AAAAAAAC1O8/hyyhcmDerbMINcYulOxCMdyPPSa6OzjqgCLcB/s1600/09_15.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t1JWkD9RwvI/V9lVN30gQXI/AAAAAAADEPg/Ki_8zCQ9l6A5YTXsH4VsKljwP0zQ3iEZwCLcB/s1600/21_04.jpg

He then oneshots everyone else. Or just waits for them to touch him, upon which he fries their brains with a pulse strong enough to completely incapacitate Morgan Le Fay (who regenerated with ease from having her head blown off by Sentry) in her own magic dimension where she was amped.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DRsnT9XvPfw/WHZZZUo_VyI/AAAAAAABiPE/q9Mpdf6VpsA2UKqgxpItpnXp3W4edUj8QCLcB/s1600/36_08.jpg

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Noone1996

@bjparks: I meant that Spider-Man was fodderized by sonics. I didn't mean to say that his suit was. I just meant that his suit didn't protect him at all. It seems that Black Canary just aimed her sonics because she didn't want to hit her teammates who were standing nearby.

Here is proof that she can make her sonics pinpoint accurate and aim them if she wants to.

Your argument would definitely hold up if she was worried about the well-being of her team, but per the OP she won't be. This will happen:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By christianrapper

i don't know why people say that spidey could not beat captain america in civil war. cap ended up with his shield webbed to a wall. spiderman could have destroyed cap if he wanted to do so. anyway current spidey wins. nothing is stopping him from just webbing everyone up and ko'ing them.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Ah, okay, I see. Although, if Peter had prep, he could bring his Big Time suit, which was specifically made to minimize/eliminate the effects of sonics. Now, it has only been used once by him, after which it was taken by Kaine, but it did protect him from the sonics used by Hobgoblin. It remains to be seen if it could protect from as powerful attacks as Canary's.

But, that's not my main point. I realize she has great accuracy, but she can not hit behind her with her Canary Cry. And thus, although it might be difficult, especially in a match against the team, it is not impossible for him to run behind her and knock her out (even if she is already using the Canary Cry).

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Tzimiscelord

if spiderman have morals on, he lose badly

If spiderman is also morals off..... i could be a pretty good fight

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: with prep and knowledge of her frequencies, I'm sure he could come up with something but the OP didn't have that in mind. The last scan I posted proves that her sonics can be omnidirectional and AoE if she wants them to. Just like if she wants them to they can be pinpoint which is what she mostly uses due to teammates and morals.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Nice. Alright, assuming she does have an omnidirectional Cry, then bloodlusted Canary could solo. Great job, sir.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: thank you. Glad we can agree. Although it does depend on if Spider-Man blitzes or not.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Black Canary solos.

Without new suit:

With it:

No Caption Provided

Lmao.

It wasn't really the noise from the sonics, it was the vibrations.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO AT SPIDEY WINNING THIS

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers