• 1 hour of prep (1)

Tournament Rules

• FOX characters are composite
  • Feats from tie-in comics are allowed
  • Standard Gear
  • Victory by KO, death, or incap only.
  • Everyone is in character but determined to win
  • Characters keep the knowledge they already have
  • Character personalities/history are a factor (i.e. Green Arrow and Prometheus will NOT get along if they are on the same team)
  • All bow/arrow characters come with a quiver of 20 standard arrows, 2 grappling hook arrows, 1 bola arrow, and 1 flashbang arrow
  • All guns are fully loaded but with no extra ammo or clips
  • Agents of SHIELD characters have their ICERS replaced with standard handguns (if it is standard for them)
  • No time manipulation of any kind will be allowed (i.e. from Eva Sharpe and Rip Hunter)
  • With prep, each individual character still needs to lose a majority to MCU Captain America, MCU Black Sky, CW Mirakuru Deathstroke, Titans Deathstroke, and FOX Beast in a 1v1 fight.
  • Prep takes place in a combined universe
  • If you choose a gear perk for a character that has never used the gear, they will not automatically have mastery over the gear
  • No outside help is allowed into the battlefield (i.e. you can't bring in fodder or other characters from prep)
  • You must have at least 500 posts or have completed a CaV/Tournament in order to participate
  • 3 posts each with a 14 day limit per post. You will be bumped after 7 days. Extensions may be allowed if you tell me and your opponent before the 14 day limit is over.
  • Link to the tournament sign-up thread

Voting Rules

• Only the two participants are allowed to debate
  • If you want to be tagged to vote at the end, say "T4V"
  • Vote for whoever was the best debater, or who convinced you more, not for which team you think would win
  • Make sure to provide reasoning for your vote
  • Votes based on obvious character bias will not be counted
  • Be respectful, honourable, and civil

Battlefield

Starting distance is 100 feet. Out of view from the other team. Opposite sides of a dark warehouse:

No Caption Provided

Assume that the height of the warehouse is 100 feet. As pictured, there is a metal bridge spanning the length of the warehouse.

Best of luck!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is gonna be fun. Who goes first?

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn,KoL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geekryan  Online
ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: sorry man. It's holiday season, I'm outta town without my laptop. I'll fit in the OP rules of 14 days easily so no worries. I'll be posting in a couple days.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 geekryan  Online

@geekryan: sorry man. It's holiday season, I'm outta town without my laptop. I'll fit in the OP rules of 14 days easily so no worries. I'll be posting in a couple days.

no worries!

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicGirl21
No Caption Provided
Let's go another round, why not?
Let's go another round, why not?

DCEU Batman and MCU Hawkeye: Brief character introductions

Sorry in advance - because even though I'll put lots of more and fresh content here, I'll be repeating myself a lot too in this thread, in comparison to the Round 1 thread, if some of you have read it. My previous opponent conceded after I posted my first counters, so I didn't really get a response to most of what I got to say here. Knowing Kol and his decent debating record, my Round 3 post, if it'll happen at all, will be all fresh and new, haha! With that said, let's get started.

Batman and Hawkeye.

The most dynamic duo of them all. The long range perfect sniper and the champion of mid to close range combat, Batman himself. Can anything stand up to these teaming up? Can an acrobatic Bond impersonator and an athletic street thug really compete against them? Let's find out.

Let's get through a brief intro for these two legends:

Hawkeye isone of the founding members of the MCU's Avengers, and a top shield agent/assassin known for his unrivaled marksmanship skill.

No Caption Provided

Batman is the orphan billionaire genius, a founding member of the Justice league, who dedicated his entire life to fighting crime.

No Caption Provided

If you'll need any more info on bio for these two, just let me know. I consider these two popular enough to earn their place among the known characters here on CV, so I'll focus on their core feats to spare everybody's time. Needless to say, these two have plenty of great feats all around. They've been with us for years, and both have been starring in several movies at this point, with plenty of screen time.

Now let's go though their vital stats, gear and tactic these two can use to bring down my opponents duo, Eggsy and Deckard.

Physical strength and durability

When it comes to strength and durability, I've no doubt that both of my characters outclass this duo by a decent margin. Both Bruce and Hawkeye should be considered non-enhanced low tier super humans who are capable of performing amazing feats of strength, even against proper meta humans, and take a heavy beating without slowing down.

Here's a brief showing of Bruce's striking strength and other combat related feats of strength.

Bruce is shown to be close, if not superior in strength to individual parademons. He can send them flying with his punches and kicks, and is shown to be able to compete with them numerous times.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is very impressive considering how strong parademons are. We've seen them tearing apart reinforced metal coating of the batmobile and it's weapons to shreds with their bear hands. They've been also able to overpower a powerhouse such as Steppenwolf by dogpiling on him.

He can bust through walls made of wood and cement.

No Caption Provided

And even punch through a thick brick wall too.

No Caption Provided

Here's some more feats, presenting what Bruce can do:

With minor help from an random citizen he lift a thick construction I beam.

Can throw an adult man across the roof with a casual grapple pull.

His monday routine includes working out on eight 45 pound plates

He doesn't just send people flying with his kicks - he can actually kick people so hard he uses them as projectiles to hit other people. Lol.

Hawkeye, similarly, is shown to be able to compete in strength against superhuman alien opponents, such as chitauri and ultron bots. He can match and overpower them in CQC by using his strength. His strikes can even send them flying.

No Caption Provided
Hawkeye's strength scales to superhumans he regularly fights. He can even pierce the head of Ultron bot all the way with a single-handed stab.
Hawkeye's strength scales to superhumans he regularly fights. He can even pierce the head of Ultron bot all the way with a single-handed stab.

Again, worth noting that these guys have plenty of superhuman feats of strength of their own. Ultron bots can literally swim through concrete, and chitauri were smashing cars just by jumping on them. He's matched even superior powerhouses before though. We've seen Hawkeye going toe to toe against actual super humans, like Black Panther despite his massive super strength.

Hawkeye is shown briefly fighing equally with Tchalla and even keeping him in a headlock
Hawkeye is shown briefly fighing equally with Tchalla and even keeping him in a headlock

Same applies to their durability.

Mostly because my characters are forced to fight alongside powerful super humans such as Hulk and Superman, they scale to characters superior to anything we've seen in Kingsmen or F&F. Bruce has even survived strikes from Superman.

Like here, when he sends him flying with a backhand hard to enough to launch him a solid distance in the air and make a giant dent in a side of the car.

No Caption Provided

He also scales to other mentioned super humans, like the parademons. Here's a parademon throwing Bruce a dozen meters in the air, crushing into a wall and breaking a steel barrier along the way - with no effects. Bruce gets up like nothing happened.

No Caption Provided

Hawkeye has been also attacked by other superhumans he regularly fights - like the chitauri - with no effects. He even tanked a blow from Quicksilver, which is probably a similar feat to Bruce's against Superman. After all, just see for yourself what Quicksilver can do while running:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Quicksilver can tear metal robots to shreds by running past them, which makes Hawkeye tanking the same kind of an attack very impressive.
Quicksilver can tear metal robots to shreds by running past them, which makes Hawkeye tanking the same kind of an attack very impressive.

Most impressively though, Hawkeye was able to engage Vision in CQC,and actually no sell some of his casual attacks. Which is insanely impressive, considering Vision can casually punch a bus in half.

No Caption Provided

Summary:

By feats and scaling, my characters are simply all around superior in this section. Though Deckard, and especially Eggsy are impressive characters inside their own universes - it's still only inside their own universes. In F&F and Kingsmen, fighting against human threats on constant basis, my opponents duo can never hope to aquire these kind of feats - tanking attacks from legitimate high tier powerhouses like Clark and Vision, and ragdolling meta human characters like parademons and the chitauri - all of that is many times more impressive than any number of feats achieved against regular humans. These feats easily put them above what is normally considered peak human category, and on the very high end of the street level spectrum, a decent margin above Eggsy and Deckard.

Speed, reflexes and agility

When it comes to reflexes and speed, the gap grows even wider. Again, mostly because of the vast difference between the universes our fighters inhabit. While Eggsy and Deckard can at best hope to scale their reflexes to dodging/aim dodging bullets, my characters have the same kind of feats, but also much more. They've reacted to far superior weapons to guns, we've seen them competing with speedsters in the combat speed category, and most of all - they have massive advantage in gear, training and agiliy which greatly increases their mobility in the terrain such us our warehouse. Let's roll with the feats:

First, Hawkeye. His reflexes are easily above bullet level. We see him dodging gunfire from handguns on several occasions, like here, when he reacts to a bullet that is already in the air, coming from Nicky Fury:

No Caption Provided

But we also see him dodging fire from weapons far superior to guns and bullets. Like here, when he reacts to completely unexpected laser guns of the chitauri, which not only puts his reflexes above bullet level, but also completely compromises any aim dodging speculations. He's also done the same with infinity stone blasts, and Iron man repulsors:

Hawkeye reacting to Chitauri laser guns
Hawkeye reacting to Chitauri laser guns
Hawkeye reacting to Loki Scepter rays
Hawkeye reacting to Loki Scepter rays
Hawkeye reacting to Iron man's repulsors
Hawkeye reacting to Iron man's repulsors

On top of Barton's amazing reaction speed record, he is an extraordinarily acrobatic field agent, fully trained to move around the battlefield parkour style at will, even performing acrobatics mid combat.

Here's Barton doing a flawless side flip into headshot on an ultron bot:

No Caption Provided

He is too fast to be tagged with AI locked-on repulsors of Iron man suits.

No Caption Provided

Dodging an attack from War Machine and balancing his landing perfectly after finishing his side flip.

No Caption Provided

I've also shown Hawkeye keeping up with Tchalla, who's reactions are even more impressive than anyone here. Based on these alone I think we can safely assume Hawkeye is suprior not just in reflexes but in overall combat speed, training and agility here.

Same AND more applies to Bruce. Here are some of his best reflexes and agility showings:

Batman can also dodge gunfire from a handgun, no problems.

No Caption Provided

And, like Hawkeye, he can even dodge superior weapons too. Like a shotgun here:

No Caption Provided

Or even an alien laser gun, here:

No Caption Provided

He can even react to Doomsday's bullrush and HV, although barely:

No Caption Provided

And when it comes to combat speed and agility, he is even more impressive than Hawkeye. Here he is grappling Flash immediately when he comes out of the speed force, mid-jump:

No Caption Provided

And here's some more of his stunning agility:

No Caption Provided

On top of these feats, there's also their skill, training and equippment, which buffs their mobility, speed and manouverability on the battlefield even higher, and I'll be addressing this in sections below.

Summary:

Once again, my duo should be considered vastly superior in this section. Their speed and reaction feats, thanks to scalings not just to huns, but to speedsters, high-tech alien lasers, and on top of that their stunning acrobatics, agility and other traits, all prove my duo has an edge in this category as well.

Skill & Marksmanship

And we're not stopping just yet. When it comes to skill, the gap between our team will grow SO WIDE, all mama's from RC yo mama jokes could fit right in there comfortably. Let's go through a brief reminder here, and see just how good are my boys.

Here's some of Hawkeye's skill in marksmanship. He can fire an arrow in a 0.63 seconds with perfect aim.

No Caption Provided

He can make a perfect double headshot with two arrow shot, with barely any time for aiming at all.

No Caption Provided

He can tag a target moving at high speeds without even looking.

No Caption Provided

His marksmanship is not limited to his archery at all too. Barton is a trained agent and an assassin. We're shown that his arsenal includes a variety of weapons such as hand guns, machine guns and sniper rifles. Bow is simply his favorite.

No Caption Provided

He also proved it by using firearms flawlessly, just like his bow on many occasions. Here he is, sniping down Fury across the big hall without taking even a second to aim.

No Caption Provided

And here's Hawkeye using a handgun effectively against Quicksilver, collapsing ground beneath him. And he has high end bullet level reaction speed himself, and combat speed far superior to any Avenger.

No Caption Provided

Barton is also an expert H2H combatant, with training background from shield, and massive experience spending years in Avengers ranks. He carries around a handful of CQC weapons including a police baton, his Ronin katana, and can turn his bow into a combat staff. He is proficient enough with these to keep up with Tchalla, who has super soldier stats, massive CQC combat skill and experience, and vibranium claws for weapons.

So Barton is just as deadly up close as he is from long range. He can fire all kinds of weaponry with perfect accuracy and at stunning speeds, but he can also keep up against super humans with deadly weapons and far superior skill and physicals than my opponents duo. Hawkeye's feats in skill prove he is absolutely DEADLY to Eggsy and Deckard at any range.

No Caption Provided

Batman is no less impressive. He is a minor step back from Hawkeye in marksmanship, but a big step forward when it comes to his CQC skill.

He is an expert martial artist and CQC combatant. He is able to fight many armed opponents simultaneously and take them all down with his bare hands, which he proved extensively in the warehouse scene, going through trained mercenaries like a hot knife through butter, fighting many of them at the same time without breaking a sweat.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He beats Deadshot in CQC, dodging his shot in the process, making him the only target Deadshot ever missed.

No Caption Provided

Can fight superhumans such as parademons in CQC as well, trading punches, landing attacks, disarming them with ease:

No Caption Provided

When it comes to marksmanship, by default Batman uses batarangs and explosives at mid to close range. He's been shown throwing these with perfect accuracy many times. He can throw them with enough force and precision to tag a thug's gun before it fires, cut through it and hit the mercenary behind it with enough power to send him to the ground.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We've also seen Bruce firing guns several times and always making perfect shots - he uses parademon laser gun, his batmobile miniguns or kryptonite grenade launcher - to name a few - and never misses a shot at any distance.

Besides their skill in direct combat and marksmanship, both Bruce and Clint are trained above far above the level of any top world agencies. They've proved this going up against other worldly threats that are far beyond their level so many times. They are master martial artists, experts in using stealth, misdirection, silent assassinations, and trapping their opponents. They also have highly trained senses, being able to track and trace opponents from great distances (Hawkeye's specialty) and in complete darkness (Batman's specialty) They are basically two stealthy ninjas. Perfect for our battle conditions, which allow them to start out of enemy's sight in a dark warehouse, and with some prep to set up traps and discuss strategy. Here's some of their feats using stealth and traps:

Batman gets out of Superman's vision and gets behind him instantly going around his enhanced vision, hearing and other senses, even though he is wearing a heavy armor.

No Caption Provided

Batman traps trained mercenaries in a warehouse, with little to no prep - tricking them into believing he is coming through the door, and preparing a trap to pull them down and than burst up from below.

No Caption Provided

Hawkeye is an assassin, trained to take down his targets using stealth as well. Here he is outdoing Wanda, who tries to sneak up on him, which she was able to do with Tony, Thor, Captain America, and even Black Widow.

No Caption Provided

And here's Clint prepping a quick trap that is briefly able to contain Vision in just a handful of seconds, proving his skill to trap the opponents using prep.

No Caption Provided

Summary:

In this section it's no longer a discussion, but pretty much a stomp in my teams favor. Both of my characters are CQC fighting experts that proved their skill in the heat of combat against powerful aliens and other god like characters, far above anything we've seen from F&F and Kingsmen universes. Their marksmanship skill, especially Hawkeye's gives them a massive advantage at range too, proving this fight will likely to end before anyone has a chance to engage in mid to close range combat. Additionally, my characters can use prep and stealth to their advantage in this scenario, and since Eggsy and Deckard have neither stealth of their own, nor prep time of their own, they can abuse it in this match up particularly well.

Weapons and gadgets

Another solid edge my characters are gonna bring to the table of our discussion is the overall edge in gear. While Eggsy and Deckard will be coming armed with a couple of gadgets and guns, my characters bring so much more here, and the versatility and sheer power of their gadgets and weapons are sure to be my opponents undoing.

Here's what Hawkeye has up his sleeve:

No Caption Provided

1. Recurve bow-staff. Hawkeye's bow can be used with great accuracy in all conditions and even at great distances, and can pierce through thick metal armor. It can also detonate his trick arrows, and be used as a combat staff.

2. Conventional and trick arrows (limited by the OP) including:

- 20 standard arrows (again, strong enough to pierce an ultron bot, so lethal even through kevlar)

- 2 grappling hook arrows (Hawkeye is very proficient in using to get out of sticky situations)

- 1 bola arrow (can come in handy to stun/tangle anyone who tries to engage)

- 1 flashbang arrow (good for a distraction, and especially useful in a teamwork situation - for example, used just before Batman engages in CQC to mess up with enemy's orientation)

3. Hawkeye's custom made katana, that we've seen cutting an outsider in half.

4. H&C P30 Gun, a backup for his perk-earned rifle.

5. Combat knife, he wields with great efficiency, a backup weapon for the sword and staff.

6. Hawkeye's kevlar suit-armor.

7. A sniper rifle with scope. A weapon I chose for Hawkeye for a perk. Like I mentioned, Hawkeye can perfectly apply his marksmanship skill to this rifle, and he has experience in using it. Knowing there's gonna be a handful of bullet timers in here, I picked this gun for him to stay effective against characters with bullet level reflexes. This applies in this match up perfectly.

If either Deckard or Eggsy prove to be hard to tag with arrows, Hawkeye can easily resort to a sniper rifle, which has bullets far faster and more powerful than anything these two has ever dodged, I believe.

Though I'll argue Hawkeye is skilled enough to tag bullet timers with his arrows anyway, so it's not like his bow is useless here.

Now let's move to Batman's gear

No Caption Provided

1. Bulletproof high-tech armor, cape and gauntlets. Here's some of the feats of the armor tanking explosions and direct gunfire, which sets up it's durability very high.

Gauntlets and the blades sticking out appear completely immune to cutting and piercing.

Armor and gauntlets are bullet proof.

Headpiece is bulletproof even at close range.

With gauntlets Bruce can even shield himself from Apocalyptian laser guns.

Cape can shield himself and others from major explosions.

With these feats I believe Batman's armor will hold up in this matchup. I honestly can't see an easy way for Bruce to get hurt here. Most of Batman's armor, like his gauntlets that can resist crazy amounts of cutting/piercing and even laser shots can probably go toe to toe against any gadgets and firepower Kol's duo will be bringing here.

2. Utility belt armed with a handful of gadgets, including:

- Grappling guns, that can be also used as a weapon.

- Sticking explosive charges, powerful enough to one shot a parademon.

- Anti-gun magnets, remotely controlled to disarm opponents

- Batarangs

- Smokescreen grenades

Much of their gear can be used in combination with warehouse surroundings during prep. They can use grappling lines and explosives to make traps, Batman can amp some of Hawkeye's standard arrows with his explosives to make them more powerful and AoE (attaching the sticking explosive to the tip of some of his arrows) and much more.

Summary:

The sheer quantity of powerful weapons and useful gadgets makes this section yet another stomp in my team's favor. Batman and Hawkeye are deadly both at range and in CQC. They have great mobility with their grappling devices, so they can enter combat and get out of though spots immediately. Their prep time will allow them to use stealth, traps and rehearse their tactics beforehand, giving them a massive battlefield advantage. Overall, none of this Eggsy and Deckard can actaully counter. They don't have nearly enough versatility, resourcefulness and power in their gear to compete here.

Strategy

I think y'all know where this is going. The warehouse is a perfect scenario for my team. It's basically a default fighting ground both for Batman and for Hawkeye. My team of stealth ninja assassins is used to fighting in and from the dark, they can freely move around the terrain with their grappling devices and great agility. I also already addressed the fact that they can use their gear during prep to set up traps, amp their weapons and discuss strategy.

Let's also get into their mindset. Hawkeye and Batman are both heroes with very similar moral codes. Both don't mind killing their opponents as well. They will get together very well, and with my mind-link perk, their teamwork will be perfect.

Their gear is also very complementary. Batman being more deadly at mid to close range, and Hawkeye being most effective at distance, they form a natural front and back line, and are able to take on almost any opponent in an efficient, organised manner.

This is how I believe this fight will go down:

1. Hawkeye and Batman spawn first in the warehouse. With mind-link they need no small talks with each other. They begin prepping for battle immediately.

2. Both will set up traps using wires from grapples, explosives and any convenient warehouse junk they can find laying around. I believe Hawkeye can use this time most effectively. He can use the prep time to combine some of Batman's explosives or smokescreen gadgets with his standard arrows, to retrieve some of his lost versatility when it comes to trick arrows. Then, he can fortify his position on a high ground area of the warehouse, like here:

No Caption Provided

He can in any of these posts with a grapple, Batman can help him load a couple crates in there, and any of these spots will allow him to camp there and snipe down with his gun/arrows/sniper rifle almost indefinitely. At the same time, Batman will be working on the ground level, making sure that enemy duo triggers the traps and luring him out if he'd decide to just stay out of Hawkeye's vision permanently.

3. If their assassination skill and traps fail, if Deckard and Eggsy will somehow avoid being sniped by Hawkeye from large distance or taken down by Batman from mid range with batarangs and explosives... If Eggsy and Deckard is able to force my duo into a direct CQC fight, Barton can quickly get down to help Batman using a grapple, and turn the game of hide and kill into a devastating CQC stomp thanks to my teams superior gear, skill and stats. Can either Eggsy or Deckard even fight Batman in CQC at all? I honestly think Bruce would be able to take them both down at the same time giving his feats. So how about when Hawkeye also has his back, shooting at the duo from a backline while Batman engages them? With these two being perfectly in syn with the mind link throughout the fight and all? Yeah, it's really hard for me to think of any scenario here that my duo can lose.

Why my team wins?

1. Batman and Hawkeye have superior feats and scalings when it comes to their strength and durability.
  2. Batman and Hawkeye have superior feats and scalings when it comes to their reactions, and they have a massive edge when it comes to their combat speed feats and agility and overall battlefield maneuverability.
  3. Batman and Hawkeye proved to have superior combat training, marksmanship skill and fighting record & experience. My duo is simply more deadly both at close and far range with their feats.
  4. Batman and Hawkeye have necessary skill in using stealth, trapping, tracking etc. to quickly and skillfully take down enemy duo even before they engage them in direct combat, especially with the use of prep.
  5. Batman and Hawkeye have massive range advantage thanks to Hawkeye's long range specialty and gear, and also in sheer firepower, because of the high caliber bullets and Batman's AOE explosives, both of which can hit regular bullet timers no problem.
  6. Batman and Hawkeye have massive overall armor, and utility gear advantage, allowing them to take more damage, use clever tactics, move freely around the battlefield and use more versatile strategies in combat.
  7. Batman and Hawkeye have great potential teamwork, mind link and prep time to allow them for a variety of well planned strategies, such as prepping traps, making sure Hawkeye can camp beyond the duo's reach and snipe them, they can coordinate their already amazing CQC combat, and much more. They make a CQC front line / range back line combo for a powerful, direct engage strategy too.
...OOOO WAY my team loses here! But let's see what you've got, big guy!
...OOOO WAY my team loses here! But let's see what you've got, big guy!

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 geekryan  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geekryan  Online

@kolkent: sounds good, thanks for the update

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 geekryan  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 geekryan  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The English Agents:

"British special forces assassin. The kind of unique asset that no government would ever admit to employing." - Luke Hobbs

Pedigree

Deckard possess the highest level of military training as well as the skills needed to be a lethal assassin due to his time in the British Special Forces. He is described as being a "unique asset that no government would admit to employing" and a "monster" by Hobbs and a "legitimate English badass" by Mr. Nobody. This is Hobbs explaining how dangerous Shaw is.

"Sorry love. Got to save the world"

Pedigree

Eggsy is a secret service trained agent possessing high levels of training in combat, shooting, espionage and other forms of the like. The organization that trained him is far superior to head and shoulders above most other spy agencies. Eggsy is described as being one of Kingsman's best students and achieved top combat grades in shooting under his schooling.

Strat. M8 - Counters

Your strategy includes your team making traps using grappling lines and explosives, getting to the high ground and combining Hawkeye's arrows with Batman's explosives to make trick arrows? And if that fails. your team comes down to the low ground to engage in CQC. This is what I understood from your post at least, feel free to contest this.

Hr Long Prep

Both will set up traps using wires from grapples, explosives and any convenient warehouse junk they can find laying around.

Ya wot m8?

This is extremely vague. How are they gonna make these traps? What will the wires do? Does Batman have powerful timed explosives? What is "convenient junk" gonna do against my team and how the heck are they gonna use it to their advantage? You need a lot more detail to actually argue this as a strategy.

I believe Hawkeye can use this time most effectively. He can use the prep time to combine some of Batman's explosives or smokescreen gadgets with his standard arrows, to retrieve some of his lost versatility when it comes to trick arrows.

Wut?

Ok...that's now how arrows work. You can't just tie a grenade to an arrow tip and expect it to work perfectly normal. Attaching anything to an arrow tip on only one side is totally gonna mess with its weight, make it unbalanced and hard to shoot with. Just mess up his aim entirely. How is a timed explosive supposed to occur at the same time as the arrow anyways...the explosive and arrow just aren't compatible with each other. I don't think explosive supposed could even fit on the arrow tip, its too small. Reading this passage just raises so many eyebrows I need specifics on how this strategy is supposed to occur. Again, dismissed because of lack of detail and too much of the vague.

At the same time, Batman will be working on the ground level, making sure that enemy duo triggers the traps

what traps m8? Also...what? He's finna b8 my team into activating those traps?

Detail mate, ya need it.

This Ain't COD M8

Then, he can fortify his position on a high ground area of the warehouse, like here:

these spots will allow him to camp there and snipe down with his gun/arrows/sniper rifle almost indefinitely.

- 20 standard arrows (again, strong enough to pierce an ultron bot, so lethal even through kevlar)

Sorry mate but you don't get Clint's "regular arrows" you get standard "regular arrows". I confirmed with Geek in DMs.

No Caption Provided

GG no re on that. No way those shite arrows are gonna penetrate my team's armor.

Sniper rifle isn't gonna either, especially from the range you're arguing. Also a detriment with the sniper rifle is that its super noisy, you didn't purchase a suppressor. To beat my team with a sniper rifle you're finna have to argue he can get headshots on trained spies who know they're being hunted and with that much cover to hide behind which my team will likely abuse.

These Camping Spots Though...

So you argued Clint would set himself up in these locations:

No Caption Provided

I'm gonna assume you're referring to the support beams in the instances I've circled in blue...again, not at all logical. He's gonna be balancing himself on thin some pretty thin girders

No Caption Provided

It'd be hard to balance one's self on those beams much less use them for sniping from afar. He's probably gonna be camping on those things for at least an hour. Clint's not an idiot...he won't pick this spot to camp...what happens when one of my team figures out of his position and shoots back (I'll post shooting feats after)...he won't be able to avoid the bullets and would probably fall into one of those large glaring holes leading to being crippled afterwards. You also mentioned Batman would bring crates up to that position? How? The ceiling is over 150 feet high.

That leaves only the red colored crates for a suitable camping position:

No Caption Provided

the position is high which is good for sniping however as you can see you've got rows upon rows of shelves filled with boxes and crates which will make it almost impossible for Clint to actually hit his targets.

How I see This Strategy Playing Out...According to the plan you've laid out

1. Batman and Hawkeye spend their hour trying to perform a creative trap...to their displeasure it doesn't work out
  2. They give up in the last 10 minutes and Clint finds a nice hide and seek area to camp, he looks up at the girders and imagines himself trying to balance himself on one of those things and passes hard. He noticed a crate on which to camp and sets up his camp spot there
  3. My team spawn in, realizing the bow is useless Clint switches to the sniper. He fires a wrong shot and my team is immediately alerted to his position. Batman comes to his rescue and a CQC fight occurs...

Close Quarters Combat

Strength - One Advantage

No offence but there's a lot of wank for your characters....a lot

throughout your post you have tried arguing Batman and Clint are physically comparable or even superior to the likes of the Chitauri & Parademons. Looking at this clip its pretty obvious that both Natasha and Barton are outmatched physically by the Chitauri - they're elbows and punches have almost no effect on them, the only way they can put them down is with alien weaponry & arrows and not only that but the Chitauri send them flying insane distances, compare this to Nat and Clint only being able to trip them and knock them off balance. Its pretty obvious the only reason they're competing with the Chitauri is because of gear and superior skill.

-->Wall Of Text Beyond This Point<--

For the most part, same thing with Batman and the parademons - In the opening scene of Justice League Bruce is about to get his head bitten off by a single parademon until he's recused by Police Sirens and he becomes heavily reliant with gear in order to defeat it. If Batman was actually physically comparable or "superior" he wouldn't need additional gear to beat a physically inferior literally mindless opponent. It's a pretty simple concept.

With minor help from an random citizen he lift a thick construction I beam.

Can throw an adult man across the roof with a casual grapple pull.

His monday routine includes working out on eight 45 pound plates

He doesn't just send people flying with his kicks - he can actually kick people so hard he uses them as projectiles to hit other people. Lol.

I don't want to make this a really big post so I'll just do my best feat comparisons with the feats presented and the one's my characters have. I'm not sure if one of your links is supposed to be a joke or a mistake...but the one where you reference him work out leads me here: https://gfycat.com/pl/immediatecleverdalmatian. So I'm just gonna ignore that. The rest of that stuff doesn't put Batman above Shaw at all, while Batman is visually straining to bench press a metal object Shaw outright breaks metal. For example we have this feat from "Hobbs and Shaw" where he breaks an interrogation chair despite the loops of solid chain holding him down

No Caption Provided

In the feat Shaw is being held down by:

When he yeets himself out of the chair he not only snaps the chain holding him down, the copper wire but the two arms of the metal chair which as well which he than begins to use as batons against his opponents. I'm not much of a fan of fan calculations but this much metal that he breaks would by all logic be capable of restraining at least a couple tons of force, its certainly superior to Batman straining to lift an I Beam with assistance. The ragdoll feats are fairly impressive though still not as good as Shaw's

You also displayed Batman breaking through a less than an inch thick drywall and mistook a cinder block for what you called a "thick brick wall". With the additional bold, you're wrong, its not brick, its a cinder block - those things actually aren't very durable at all. They're insanely brittle and very easily broken by weak sauce martial artists. Shaw has superior wall busting feats as well

concrete and tile are far more damage resistant than drywall and those walls he breaks are thicker as well. Eggsy may be weaker than Batman but he's still stronger than Clint and he's not that much weaker than Batman to the point where he'll just be manhandled.

He's strong enough to destroy an Asian's arm and than flips with that guy in his hand & scales to people who can throw around grown men like they weigh nothing (1)-(2).

You've only shown Clint being able to kick a Chitauri barely 4 feet after hitting it multiple times with his bow to get it off balance...that's crap bruh.

Speed - Another Advantage

The next part I need to counter is your "bullet timing" feats you presented which...bleugh

Ok first of all you're arguing that stuff like Chitauri weapons and Iron Man's repulsors are faster than bullets because they're more advanced? Sure, they're more powerful than bullets when it comes to damage output but that doesn't make them faster. Visually they aren't that fast nor do they have any officially stated speed. Being more technologically advanced doesn't make them faster or even as fast

Second, what you showed me are not bullet timing feats, its moving faster than the shooters aim, otherwise known as aim dodging. The only arguable bullet timing feat is the instance is here:

First, Hawkeye. His reflexes are easily above bullet level. We see him dodging gunfire from handguns on several occasions, like here, when he reacts to a bullet that is already in the air, coming from Nicky Fury:

Again the feat is not clear cut. This could easily be argued as demonstrating the same moment from 2 different perspectives. In live action sometimes distances like that are too large to show a one shot scene like that so they break it up into cuts to demonstrate different perspectives which can be argued what was happening here.

Now whilst Shaw is not a bullet timer he is an excellent aim dodger capable of outpacing DEA Agent Luke Hobb's aim and while he's no Hawkeye he does have some decent shooting feats (1)-(2). He's also capable of reacting to military drone missiles with his peripheral vision.

Eggsy on the other hand is a clear cut bullet timer:

No Caption Provided

Gazelle jumps out the window, fires at Eggsy once, the scene cuts to Eggsy himself who starts moving after the bullet was fired, then Gazelle fires three more shots and the scene cuts to Eggsy again who moves the gun to block them. Clear Cut, no debate.

And when it comes to combat speed and agility, he is even more impressive than Hawkeye. Here he is grappling Flash immediately when he comes out of the speed force, mid-jump:

Flash didn't jump, he tripped. It makes a pretty big difference because when he trips a good bit of his momentum would be lost. We don't know how fast Flash is traveling here at all, I'd argue not that fast at all given the fact that Batman's grappling gun manages to catch him from falling before he falls even 15 feet.

I'm not gonna counter agility feats because they mean arf, if you really do want to debate it, sure we could. It'll lead to nothing though.

Taking Hands

Based on what you've presented I have no doubt that my characters could take a beat-down from either and come back like nothing happened.

Shaw had a 9 and half minute fight with Dominic Torretto including the off panel portion where they traded multiple blows on each other sending each other flying across the parking garage and Shaw in particular was body slammed and had his body thrashed into nearby vehicles a lot and all he really had to show with it was some bruises after their fight was interrupted.

Once their fight ended Shaw was buried underneath a parking garage and survived that with no injury aside from the knock out. Bruce cannot put him down an extended beatdown which honestly he's probably not gonna get the opportunity for. Dom's strength and striking power is a ton better than Bruce's

Eggsy likewise has top notch durability as well I'll be referencing his fight with Charlie. As you can see that during the fight the robotic arm has the striking power to punch through concrete pillars without slowing down in the slightest and the strength to pull Eggsy through another pillar destroying it completely.

Eggsy takes punches, body slams and is thrown around by the arm and is still able to fight in peak condition despite that. You haven't shown either Batman or Hawkeye coming close to this level of striking power.

Throwing Hands - CQC and Striking

So one thing I should mention...my team has firearms...and they know gun fu. Hawkeye isn't sporting any bulletproof armor from what I can tell -- Batman is...but can his suit hold up to Shotgun rounds from Eggsy's pistol?

These you are familiar with, and this is our standard issue pistol. It's quite unique, as you'll see. It also fires a shotgun cartridge for use in messy close-range situations.

Harry Hart - Kingsman: The Secret Service

even if they don't penetrate the armor....stuff is gonna bruise. Neither character on your team has shown to be effective aim dodgers against shooters of this caliber. Let's take a quick dive at their feats...

Shaw:

In his first scene in Furious 7 Shaw is shown as having cleared out an entire military hospital armed with fully armed enemies & in Fate of The Furious he takes down "highly paid" mercenaries with a sidearm and babysitting a defenseless baby inside a crib. Notice how he's constantly implementing his side arm into his fighting...even if Batman's suit can resist gunfire...can Batman's crotch resist it? Shaw is an insanely dirty fighter not afraid to punch or shoot people in the no no touch square

Eggsy:

This guy also has ridiculous shooting prowess and again--implements it in his fighting style.

Shaw also has good striking. He can put down either opponent down with just his bare hands, the gun is just extra. Since I'm lazy I'm just gonna shameless copy paste my striking section from my CaV post.

Additional power hits from Shaw can also significantly stagger a cybernetically enhanced being with superior durability to Shaw and Hobbs. The guy can even can come out unphased by attacks like this. The two working together were able to beat him to the point where he could no longer continue fighting.

Of Course Eggsy has the shotgun firearm which can indefinitely put the hurt on your team and as I've demonstrated already...Shaw is stronger than Batman, Eggsy should be comparable...Clint, lol. So in CQC I'll argue they get rekt.

Conclusion

Now this isn't really my big finale, I held back a lot of feats for counters and such. Honestly this is probably the longest opener I've ever done and I don't usually like making big openers. I'll let you counter this post and I'll make a more detailed post after you do that.

My thoughts at the moment though...you've severely overrated your team and underrated mine. They certainly have better feats in the areas that are relevant. Also you're strategy has too many plot holes for one to actually properly put it up as a viable strategy - pls expand on it if you wish to continue arguing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 geekryan  Online
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 geekryan  Online
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 geekryan  Online

@ubercoffeetime: Since your opponent hasn't responded in 14 days, I'll move you on to the finals.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm voting for ComicGirl21 for not saying "m8" a billion times.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

b8 (OfFury)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I get anthp I concede in advance. Not torturing myself with his essays.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I get anthp I concede in advance. Not torturing myself with his essays.

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Literally every post of mine in this tourney has been small so far.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 geekryan  Online

Literally every post of mine in this tourney has been small so far.

This is true.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided