Dhalsim vs Yoshimitsu  

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Achilles.

We are gonna know the results of this fight in Street Fighter x Tekken/Tekken x Street Fighter (Two different games)

Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Tutorman
Evil Ryu vs Devil Jin - Nearly impossible to gauge here, considering this, we've seen Devil Jin do work before, however we have never, ever seen Evil Ryu legitimately do anything (Remember that Evil Ryu or better known as Satsui-No-Hadou Ryu only appeared once canonically and that was when Ryu struck Sagat with the Metsu-Shoryuken which was only briefly).  You cannot definitively answer this one because of this very reason, the Evil Ryu we see in SSF4:AE is simply for fanfactor purposes.

Gouki vs Devil Kazuya - Devil Kazuya is absolutely no joke, however unless he's doing thins that come to equal that of Gouki, it's not going to happen, considering 99% of the feats Gouki has done besides the one in SSF4:AE were with him holding back 50% of his true power.  I would give this to Gouki alone on his almost near Dragon Ball Z like abilities.

Ryu vs Regular Jin - Ryu over Regular Jin.  The reasoning for this is that Ryu is a much superior opponent then someone like Hwoarang who actually defeated Jin in the Tekken 5 Tournament.  If Hwoarang was able to achieve victory over regular Jin, I don't see how Ryu isn't capable of doing the samething.

Bison vs Heihachi - It's really going to depend on "which" Bison we are using.  If its SF2 Bison, then Heihachi has a chance because this Bison has a severely depleted body which can't teleport, can't shoot projectiles nor do anything his more powerful counterparts have.  Basically put, SF2 Bison is only 60% of his full potential because of his weakened body.  SF4 Bison, then Heihachi will not win, because Bison here is now roughly around 75% of his potential and he now has access to his teleportation, projectiles, etc, etc while his Psycho Power are significantly more potent.  If its his prime which was during the Alpha series, especially Alpha 3, then Dictator crushes Heihachi with an iron fist.  Considering Alpha Bison was even more powerful then Akuma (Yes, more powerful then Alpha Akuma who took out an island with his fist) at this time period as well.  This is where his Psycho Power was at 100% utilizing all of the negative psycho power of the world harnessed by him, in this version, Alpha Bison would absolutely crush Heihachi.

Sagat vs Bryan - Sagat>>>Bryan...there's no way Bryan wins this.  It has been indicated that Sagat is as powerful as Ryu and that the two's training and will to become stronger are nearly hand and hand, so I don't see how Bryan who's not even on Jin's level will somehow be able to beat Sagat.

Sakura vs Asuka - I believe it would most likely be equal, considering they are both in a sense, characters of similar qualities, however I lean slightly towards Sakura for a few things.  Asuka being a high-school girl who was trained by her father in the art of Kazama-Style martial arts.  However, her experience would lack less in contrast to Sakura and here's my reason why in which I'll explain.  Sakura in a sense is a prodigy, considering she was never taught the Art of Ansatsuken, however she simply learned how to do a Hadouken, Shoryuken and the Hurricane Kick by simply watching Ryu fight.  Yes, you heard me...she learned it basically like how Goku first learned the Kamehameha...utterly ridiculous, but thats official.  Not to mention her ability to channel Ki for the Hadouken during Alpha was said to be able to rival Ken's abilities to channel Ki for the Hadouken.  That's again official...and stupid, but its true.

The other factor is her experiences, she has traveled to fight, and has similar qualities of her idol Ryu.  She has the same drive of wanting to become stronger,  and as for her fighting experience, she was fighting within the Rival Schools due to the fact that she was able to witness the Ryu vs Sagat Fight in Street Fighter 1 which made her join the Rival Schools tournament.

She was also present in confronting and fighting Alpha 3 Bison, the most powerful Bison of all time, sure she had Ken's help, and Bison was without a doubt not utilizing his potential because if he did, Sakura would be dead in a heart beat, but that still doesn't take away she fought A3 Bison.  She has also sparred against Ryu on one occasion I believe.  Lastly, the Sakura we see right now, is not the most current Sakura, because let me break down the time-line here.  Considering during SFA3 she was only 16 years old, and within SF4 which takes place 4 years after Alpha3, but only one year after SF2 which would make Sakura 19 years of age by time of SF4 (yes..somehow still wearing that school outfit..lol).  Now, with SFIII being the most up to date and taking place 4 years after SF4, Sakura would be around her mid-20's, roughly 24 years of age.

This along with her drive to improve her fighting skills, her prodigy like abilities (remember, somehow magically learned the Ansatsuken specials by simply watching), I would believe that current Sakura would be more then capable of beating Asuka, considering the most current Asuka is still in HS.  However if we are simply talking about SF4 Sakura vs Asuka, I would say pretty close but slight lean to Sakura.

Not going to post the rest, because it is almost impossible to judge due to so many lack of abilities shown for them which is why I only stated a few.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Achilles. said:
" We are gonna know the results of this fight in Street Fighter x Tekken/Tekken x Street Fighter (Two different games) "
Truth is we might not. We may have them fight each other but I doubt they'll have one win over another as proper continuity. Each has his/her own story by which he/she beats everyone. And it's not like they're gonna establish their own canon just for a crossover. And even if they did they'd have inclinations as the first game would be more of SF-sided while the latter Tekken-sided. I could be wrong though.
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Death Certificate
@Tutorman said:

Sagat vs Bryan - Sagat>>>Bryan...there's no way Bryan wins this.  It has been indicated that Sagat is as powerful as Ryu and that the two's training and will to become stronger are nearly hand and hand, so I don't see how Bryan who's not even on Jin's level will somehow be able to beat Sagat. 

Bryan does feats in some of his endings 

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Death Certificate: I was just about to post those vids when I saw that comment about Sagat being far superior to Bryan. No way in hell is Sagat winning.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Death Certificate:@Prince CortSether: 

Bryan is an android. He can be more durable and perhaps slightly stronger, but Sagat has his cheap Tiger Fireballs more powerful than those Tanks and this will force Brian to jump and duck alot just to get close enough, and we all know what that means. Basic Sagat offensive strategy: Tiger (high), Tiger (Low), Tiger (High) -- *opponent jumps closer* -- Tiger Uppercut.  --*opponent falls*  Tiger knee, crouching jab x2 ---> Tiger Uppercut!  Tiger (low), Tiger (high) ------

lol
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tutorman
@Prince CortSether said:

" @Death Certificate: I was just about to post those vids when I saw that comment about Sagat being far superior to Bryan. No way in hell is Sagat winning. "

Those feats although impressive are not going to surpass Sagat.  Your talking about Sagat, one of the single most powerful characters within the SF World.  He is ranked in the Tier Class just below characters like Gouki, Gill, Oro, A3 Bison.  You are talking about a character who canonically within SF never lost a single fight until he was defeated by Satsui-No-Hadou Ryu.  Again, maybe you didn't read it correctly, but Sagat is toe to toe with Ryu in terms of abilities making him just as powerful as Ryu is.  Consider this that back in SF1 the tournament, Sagat was wrecking Ryu, and only when Ryu went Satsui-No-Hadou Ryu did he come out with a victory.

Ryu can lift multi-ton boulders over his head while training, and we know for a fact that Sagat in terms of strength is much, much more powerful then Ryu is within any regard.  I would like to note as well is that characters like Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi can smash right through robots like they were toys, hence why even with Bryan's brute strength and durability he wouldn't stand a chance against the Mishima's.  Which brings me to the point that Sagat's abilities would easily rival any of the Mishima's out there, and in some cases, his specials are more powerful then Ryu's even.  For example...Tiger Uppercut>>>>>Shoryuken canonically, because Sagat utilizes pure power and rage to unleash, making it significantly more devastating then either Ryu or Ken's own version of the Shoryuken.   His Tiger Cannon is also more potent then Ryu's Shinkuu-Hadouken, and Ryu's Shinkuu-Hadouken when he first discovered it turned two 20 foot statues to match sticks.  This has also been incorporated into the concept of the game as well in that you'll noticed how Ryu's most powerful version of the Shinkuu-Hadouken will also lose to Sagat's most powerful version of the Tiger Cannon.

Sagat's Tiger Destruction is also more powerful then anything within Ryu's arsenal possibly besides the Shin-Shoryuken (considering officially Shin-Shoryuken is stated to be one of the strongest single specials in the SF Universe).

Back in SFA3 Sagat also fought and defeated Psycho Ryu (Psycho Ryu is Ryu possessed by M. Bison but with Negative Psycho Power instead of his Purified Ansatsuken).  Not to mention that Sagat was Alpha Bison's (The most powerful Bison of all time) sparring partner, <---- remember that this would have to be an unbelievable feat considering Bison can teleport, levitate, Psycho Power at its zenith (not trying to say Sagat was Alpha Bison's equal either, that would be far from the truth, however to be his sparring partner measures for something incredible), and bodyguard during the tenure that he was present within Thailand.  

As I've stated before, the feats of Ryu, Sagat would equal, not to mention all of the official statements gear towards to the fact that Sagat is matching Ryu in all cases however strength and durability wise he is actually above Ryu.  Your telling me someone who's equal to Ryu's caliber which would make Sagat able to rival any Mishima is somehow going to lose to a character that is canonically weaker overall then a Mishima?    That simply doesn't fly.
Sammkolai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sammkolai

Tekken.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock

I believe Street fighter is all in all more powerful

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Devil Jin beats all

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IZZR

To be honest all the matches are closer than people think and i spotted someone underestimating bryan which is rediculous hes an absolute beast but i think the reason why people opt in favor of streetfighter characters is because tekken is yet to make animated movies which showcase the real strength of their characters i dont think a 50 second ending movie is enough to prove anything but it remains to be seen.

Avatar image for king_of_the_iron_fist
King of the Iron Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tutorman said:

I don't think being as powerful as Ryu will help Sagat against Bryan.He's a one man army in durability and strength.He has incredible speed as well.
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tutorman
@IZZR said:
" To be honest all the matches are closer than people think and i spotted someone underestimating bryan which is rediculous hes an absolute beast but i think the reason why people opt in favor of streetfighter characters is because tekken is yet to make animated movies which showcase the real strength of their characters i dont think a 50 second ending movie is enough to prove anything but it remains to be seen. "
I'm sure your speaking to me, however let me emphasize this again.

Nobody is underestimating Bryan...Nobody.  Simply being strong and durable will not make him win over Sagat.  Zangief for example within Street Fighter is actually significantly more powerful then Sagat, and Ryu in terms of strength, and he's also significantly more durable then either fighter as well but that doesn't mean he's going to all of a sudden beat Ryu or Sagat.  Just because you pack more strength and durability doesn't = going to win, please, Bryan is actually more powerful then Jin Kazama or Kazuya Mishima in terms of strength and durability, however who here would like to truly believe that he's going to somehow beat either Mishima?  Exactly my point, which is why it's inconceivable to believe Sagat who is Ryu's equal is somehow going to lose to Bryan. 

Also IZZR, its not just Tekken, but Street Fighter also lacks alot of feats from characters, the majority of the cast in SF, and including even well established characters like Ryu, Ken, Chunli, Guile for example, have little to almost no feats or shown abilities besides a few components which is why gauging some of them are near impossible.

The reason behind this is because Japanese Philosophy of how they determine strength, abilities is different from Western Philosophy.  Here in the US, notice how when you see or read something they'll force things like "Well, I did this, thats why I can travel at 20348203984390 speed, or because of the sun, and the light, and this wall, I was able to lift this, etc, etc" or w/e statements.  Basically put, Western Philosophy we like to show proof with the clear estimation in hand.  While in Japanese Philosophy they like to give the reader/player or whatever you want to call it the chance to actually sit there and theorize or come to the conclusion of what they think is the most accurate or feasible reason for how things occurred.

This is a clear reason why many times, and more often then not, its incredibly difficult to gauge japanese created characters to western characters, because one is more for thought while the other is basically written doctrine.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By termiteone4ever

Street fighter got this .
Only a few of them would lose

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Tutorman said:
" @IZZR said:
" To be honest all the matches are closer than people think and i spotted someone underestimating bryan which is rediculous hes an absolute beast but i think the reason why people opt in favor of streetfighter characters is because tekken is yet to make animated movies which showcase the real strength of their characters i dont think a 50 second ending movie is enough to prove anything but it remains to be seen. "
I'm sure your speaking to me, however let me emphasize this again.Nobody is underestimating Bryan...Nobody.  Simply being strong and durable will not make him win over Sagat.  Zangief for example within Street Fighter is actually significantly more powerful then Sagat, and Ryu in terms of strength, and he's also significantly more durable then either fighter as well but that doesn't mean he's going to all of a sudden beat Ryu or Sagat.  Just because you pack more strength and durability doesn't = going to win, please, Bryan is actually more powerful then Jin Kazama or Kazuya Mishima in terms of strength and durability, however who here would like to truly believe that he's going to somehow beat either Mishima?  Exactly my point, which is why it's inconceivable to believe Sagat who is Ryu's equal is somehow going to lose to Bryan.  Also IZZR, its not just Tekken, but Street Fighter also lacks alot of feats from characters, the majority of the cast in SF, and including even well established characters like Ryu, Ken, Chunli, Guile for example, have little to almost no feats or shown abilities besides a few components which is why gauging some of them are near impossible.The reason behind this is because Japanese Philosophy of how they determine strength, abilities is different from Western Philosophy.  Here in the US, notice how when you see or read something they'll force things like "Well, I did this, thats why I can travel at 20348203984390 speed, or because of the sun, and the light, and this wall, I was able to lift this, etc, etc" or w/e statements.  Basically put, Western Philosophy we like to show proof with the clear estimation in hand.  While in Japanese Philosophy they like to give the reader/player or whatever you want to call it the chance to actually sit there and theorize or come to the conclusion of what they think is the most accurate or feasible reason for how things occurred.This is a clear reason why many times, and more often then not, its incredibly difficult to gauge japanese created characters to western characters, because one is more for thought while the other is basically written doctrine. "
Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan Fury in strength and durability.
dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By dewboy01

Street Fighter wins.
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tutorman
@Vance Astro said:

Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan Fury in strength and durability. "

We don't know that because we have no recordable evidence to show for it do we.

So how can you claim Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan in those two facets when we have no credible proof to indicate otherwise?  It makes no sense you even make that statement when nothing has shown to go either for or against it, the only agreement that I could state with you would be on the durability level in which I can agree that Bryan is most likely with little debate much more durable, however as for strength, its completely impossible to do so, considering we have no real noted feat or statement for Zangief other then that in terms of strength he's one of the strongest.  However my logic of comparison still rings true in that being simply stronger and more durable doesn't = You'll Win, otherwise if we go by this assumption then Zangief, Hugo>>>>Ryu, and Sagat, and Bryan Fury>>>>>Jin, and Kazuya. 

Sagat still beats Bryan Fury.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Tutorman said:

" @Vance Astro said:

We don't know that because we have no recordable evidence to show for it do we?So how can you claim Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan when we have no credible proof to indicate otherwise?  It makes no sense you even make that statement when nothing has shown to go either for or against it.  However my logic of comparison still rings true in that being simply stronger and more durable doesn't = You'll Win, otherwise if we go by this assumption then Zangief, Hugo>>>>Ryu, and Sagat, and Bryan Fury>>>>>Jin, and Kazuya.  Sagat still beats Bryan Fury. "
You can't assume that Zangief is comparable if there is no proof.You don't even know if Sagat can hurt Bryan or not.Better weaponry than the bare fists of a human and an energy based attack have come across him and not taken him down.I'm not suggesting that Bryan is a better fighter than Sagat but being a better fighter than someone doesn't mean you can beat them in every case.Hugo is stronger than Ryu but Ryu can beat him because Hugo is nowhere near as good a fighter nor is he as durable as Bryan, he's also not very smart and lacks speed..Ryu can actually hurt him.You can't say the same for Sagat vs. Bryan.
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tutorman
@Vance Astro said:

You can't assume that Zangief is comparable if there is no proof.You don't even know if Sagat can hurt Bryan or not.Better weaponry than the bare fists of a human and an energy based attack have come across him and not taken him down.I'm not suggesting that Bryan is a better fighter than Sagat but being a better fighter than someone doesn't mean you can beat them in every case.Hugo is stronger than Ryu but Ryu can beat him because Hugo is nowhere near as good a fighter nor is he as durable as Bryan, he's also not very smart and lacks speed..Ryu can actually hurt him.You can't say the same for Sagat vs. Bryan. "

I for one am not comparing Zangief to Bryan.  Please read my statement more thoroughly before you assume that.  What I was doing was clearly stating that simply being "stronger" and more "durable" does not give you the win and I compared it with SFer characters to SFer characters then Tekken characters to Tekken characters.  I said that just because Zangief is more powerful strength and durability wise to Ryu or Sagat does not mean Zangief is going to beat them, and the same is with Bryan Fury to Jin Kazama or Kazuya Mishima.  In what way did I state that Zangief is more powerful or durable then Bryan?  Only you stated that Bryan was superior to Zangief in both departments in which I stated...there is absolutely No Proof to indicate Zangief being inferior or superior regarding those two categories, but that Zangief's comparison was simply to that of Ryu and Sagat, not Bryan.

Why do I state Bryan can't beat Sagat?  Because Bryan's not even on the same level of abilities or capabilities as that of Jin Kazama (Not Devil Jin...regular Jin mind you) who is clearly one of the most powerful characters within the Tekken Universe.  Jin Kazama is on par with Ryu from Street Fighter, of whom Sagat is equal too, so to me, its makes perfect sense to why Sagat can beat Bryan.  As for the case of durability, how would you actually know?  You do know that Zangief was picked up by a Cyclone, thrown all over the place, then shot out into the sky and landing the ground, not even hurt from that ordeal and then coming up with his infamous Pile Driver right? 

So how does it not make sense that Sagat would beat Bryan?   Considering Sagats abilities would put him exactly on par with the Mishima's of Tekken of whom are superior to Bryan.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Tutorman said:
" @Vance Astro said:
You can't assume that Zangief is comparable if there is no proof.You don't even know if Sagat can hurt Bryan or not.Better weaponry than the bare fists of a human and an energy based attack have come across him and not taken him down.I'm not suggesting that Bryan is a better fighter than Sagat but being a better fighter than someone doesn't mean you can beat them in every case.Hugo is stronger than Ryu but Ryu can beat him because Hugo is nowhere near as good a fighter nor is he as durable as Bryan, he's also not very smart and lacks speed..Ryu can actually hurt him.You can't say the same for Sagat vs. Bryan. "
I for one am not comparing Zangief to Bryan.  Please read my statement more thoroughly before you assume that.  What I was doing was clearly stating that simply being "stronger" and more "durable" does not give you the win and I compared it with SFer characters to SFer characters then Tekken characters to Tekken characters.  I said that just because Zangief is more powerful strength and durability wise to Ryu or Sagat does not mean Zangief is going to beat them, and the same is with Bryan Fury to Jin Kazama or Kazuya Mishima.Why do I state Bryan can't beat Sagat?  Because Bryan's not even on the same level of abilities or capabilities as that of Jin Kazama (Not Devil Jin...regular Jin mind you) who is clearly one of the most powerful characters within the Tekken Universe.  Jin Kazama is on par with Ryu from Street Fighter, of whom Sagat is equal too, so to me, its makes perfect sense to why Sagat can beat Bryan.  As for the case of durability, how would you actually know?  You do know that Zangief was picked up by a Cyclone, thrown all over the place, then shot out into the sky and landing the ground, not even hurt from that ordeal and then coming up with his infamous Pile Driver right?  So how does it not make sense that Sagat would beat Bryan?   Considering Sagats abilities would put him exactly on par with the Mishima's of Tekken of whom are superior to Bryan. "
You were comparing Zangief to Bryan you used him as an example to to make a point about whether Sagat can beat him or not.Zangief may be stronger than Sagat but he's not Bryan.He hasn't been shown to do anything on Bryan's level nothing even close to it.Bryan isn't just stronger and more durable than Sagat..he is so by a significant margin..one that leads me to believe that Sagat won't even be able to hurt Bryan much less beat him.I don't actually know how durable Bryan is compared to Sagat's Tiger shot or his fists..but you don't either which was my point.There isn't enough proof on the SF side that there are characters strong enough to hurt Bryan.
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tutorman
@Vance Astro said:

You were comparing Zangief to Bryan you used him as an example to to make a point about whether Sagat can beat him or not.Zangief may be stronger than Sagat but he's not Bryan.He hasn't been shown to do anything on Bryan's level nothing even close to it.Bryan isn't just stronger and more durable than Sagat..he is so by a significant margin..one that leads me to believe that Sagat won't even be able to hurt Bryan much less beat him.I don't actually know how durable Bryan is compared to Sagat's Tiger shot or his fists..but you don't either which was my point.There isn't enough proof on the SF side that there are characters strong enough to hurt Bryan. "

Your not reading it right.  How am I comparing Zangief to Bryan?  How?  What I'm comparing here is that Strenght+Durability does not auto Equate to you being able to Beat an Opponent here.  I used the example from Street Fighter is because Zangief from a strenght+durability standpoint is better then either Ryu or Sagat, however its clearly noted that Ryu and Sagat are still superior to Zangief.  I then stated that Bryan from a strength+durability standpoint is better then Jin or Kazuya but that either Mishima is still superior to Bryan.

That is my comparison, its not to say Zangief ='s Bryan, or that Zangief>>>Bryan, its stating that strength+durability does not make you superior in a match up in regards to this, which is what the majority of the other people were trying to indicate.  Sagat has never been shown to for having significant feats but the key factor is this...and that is that Sagat is equal to Ryu in all abilities, as noted by Capcom.  What more needs to be said?  Ryu can move at bullet speed (something Bryan can't even do), he has bullet speed projectiles (In terms of regular projectile specials, Dee Jay has the slowest projectile in SFer world which travels at 781mph while Guile's Sonic Boom the fastest traveling at over 1,500+ mph,  Ryu Hadouken is in the realm closer to that of Guile's but not as fast), Ryu can lift in the multi-tons, Ryu can punch with sonic boom forces, he's a super elite in fighting knowledge.  So if Capcom has noted that Sagat is Ryu's equal, then its obvious that whatever Ryu can do, Sagat can do, however its also stated that durability and strength wise, Sagat is actually above Ryu here.

Again, how does that not make sense to you?  You put into consideration that Ryu is powerful enough to fight Jin Kazama whom is obviously a more powerful fighter then Bryan Fury is, and that Sagat is able to go toe to toe with Ryu, so where does it lack the feasibility that Sagat wouldn't beat Bryan?  Would you think Bryan has more years of experience over Sagat in fighting terms?  Considering Sagat has decades worth of fighting under him, in fact Sagat has more fighting experience then Ryu, and Ryu has fought over 10,000+ 1vs1 fights mind you. 

Also...not enough evidence for characters from the SFer side to hurt Bryan Fury?  Are you kidding me?  Gouki sank a mountain by slamming his fist to the ground, and he split a mountain for crying out loud?  Ryu punches with so much force that he sends out sonic boom waves (look to Ryu vs Gouki trailer, and Ties that Bind), however nobody within the SFer world can "hurt" Bryan?  Please, Bryan would get absolutely man handled by the Mishima's, and Ryu and Sagat both would be on par to fight  the Mishimas, and even more so against Bryan.  Sagat>>>Bryan.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Tutorman said:
Your not reading it right.  How am I comparing Zangief to Bryan?  How?  What I'm comparing here is that Strenght+Durability does not auto Equate to you being able to Beat an Opponent here.  I used the example from Street Fighter is because Zangief from a strenght+durability standpoint is better then either Ryu or Sagat, however its clearly noted that Ryu and Sagat are still superior to Zangief.  I then stated that Bryan from a strength+durability standpoint is better then Jin or Kazuya but that either Mishima is still superior to Bryan.

That is my comparison, its not to say Zangief ='s Bryan, or that Zangief>>>Bryan, its stating that strength+durability does not make you superior in a match up in regards to this, which is what the majority of the other people were trying to indicate.  Sagat has never been shown to for having significant feats but the key factor is this...and that is that Sagat is equal to Ryu in all abilities, as noted by Capcom.  What more needs to be said?  Ryu can move at bullet speed (something Bryan can't even do), he has bullet speed projectiles (In terms of regular projectile specials, Dee Jay has the slowest projectile in SFer world which travels at 781mph while Guile's Sonic Boom the fastest traveling at over 1,500+ mph,  Ryu Hadouken is in the realm closer to that of Guile's but not as fast), Ryu can lift in the multi-tons, Ryu can punch with sonic boom forces, he's a super elite in fighting knowledge.  So if Capcom has noted that Sagat is Ryu's equal, then its obvious that whatever Ryu can do, Sagat can do, however its also stated that durability and strength wise, Sagat is actually above Ryu here.Again, how does that not make sense to you?  You put into consideration that Ryu is powerful enough to fight Jin Kazama whom is obviously a more powerful fighter then Bryan Fury is, and that Sagat is able to go toe to toe with Ryu, so how does that not make sense that Sagat would beat Bryan?  You really think Bryan has more years of experience over Sagat?  Considering Sagat has decades worth of fighting under him, in fact Sagat has more fighting experience then Ryu, and Ryu has fought over 10,000+ 1vs1 fights mind you.  Also...not enough evidence for characters from the SFer side to hurt Bryan Fury?  Are you kidding me?  Gouki sank a mountain by slamming his fist to the ground, and he split a mountain for crying out loud?  Ryu punches with so much force that he sends out sonic boom waves (look to Ryu vs Gouki trailer, and Ties that Bind), however nobody within the SFer world can "hurt" Bryan?  Please, Bryan would get absolutely man handled by the Mishima's, and Ryu and Sagat both would be on par to fight  the Mishimas, and even more so against Bryan.  Sagat>>>Bryan. "
You are using Zangief to make your point.Your point being that strength and durability don't automatically equal a win.The point I was making is that Zangief and Bryan are on two different levels.Everyone knows that strength and durability doesn't automatically equal a win but that's not what's being said here.Zangief being stronger than Ryu or Sagat doesn't have relevance here because you're using that to prove something I already know and never said otherwise in regards to that point.

Sagat being equal to Ryu in anyway has no relevance here either because Ryu doesn't have comparable showings to Bryan either.That is if we are simply speaking of the games which are canon and nothing else seeing as how any showings from any other medium would not be canon to the SF storyline and technically didn't happen.Ryu can move at bullet speed? Where is the proof of that? His projectiles move at bullet speeds? So? Ryu can move multi tons? I've only seen him lift a huge boulder one which weight wasn't specified when else has he proved his strength to be in the range of tons? Jin being more powerful than Bryan has nothing to do with Ryu because Ryu isn't as powerful as Jin or I should say as powerful as Jin can be. I'm not arguing whether Sagat is a better fighter than Bryan or not.I think I've made it quite clear that Sagat is better. Gouki sink a mountain has nothing to do with Ryu or Sagat.
Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aero_gt

Streetfighter... Most of the members fire energy balls from their hands/feet.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By saiyan_earthling

SF takes the win.
The only real challenge would be Jin and his Devil Form, Devil Kazuya, Paul, Bryan, Lars, Bob, Marduk, King and Raven

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Tutorman said:
" @Vance Astro said:

So how can you claim Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan in those two facets when we have no credible proof to indicate otherwise?  It makes no sense you even make that statement when nothing has shown to go either for or against it, the only agreement that I could state with you would be on the durability level in which I can agree that Bryan is most likely with little debate much more durable, however as for strength, its completely impossible to do so, considering we have no real noted feat or statement for Zangief other then that in terms of strength he's one of the strongest.  However my logic of comparison still rings true in that being simply stronger and more durable doesn't = You'll Win, otherwise if we go by this assumption then Zangief, Hugo>>>>Ryu, and Sagat, and Bryan Fury>>>>>Jin, and Kazuya.  Sagat still beats Bryan Fury. "
I agree with your analysis except I think that Jin and Kazuya are more durable than Bryan.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ssejllenrad said:
" @Tutorman said:
" @Vance Astro said:

So how can you claim Zangief isn't comparable to Bryan in those two facets when we have no credible proof to indicate otherwise?  It makes no sense you even make that statement when nothing has shown to go either for or against it, the only agreement that I could state with you would be on the durability level in which I can agree that Bryan is most likely with little debate much more durable, however as for strength, its completely impossible to do so, considering we have no real noted feat or statement for Zangief other then that in terms of strength he's one of the strongest.  However my logic of comparison still rings true in that being simply stronger and more durable doesn't = You'll Win, otherwise if we go by this assumption then Zangief, Hugo>>>>Ryu, and Sagat, and Bryan Fury>>>>>Jin, and Kazuya.  Sagat still beats Bryan Fury. "
I agree with your analysis except I think that Jin and Kazuya are more durable than Bryan. "
So you think that Sagat is physically strong enough to cause damage to Bryan?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Vance Astro: Honestly, yes. That's just my opinion though.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Vance Astro: Yes and no. Sagat should be able to, and should not be able to. He would somehow cause external damaging, such as cuts, bruises, etc., mostly yes, using energy oriented attacks. And internal damaging, such as causing an organ or mechanical malfunction, probably not using physical attacks (punches and kicks). I do, however, believe that Ryu is stronger than Sagat, and the whole mentioning of Zangief being considerably stronger than both Ryu and Sagat is downright arrogance -- as nothing I've seen has proven this.

Small edit.

But, I trust that Street Fighter gets the job done, though there is trouble to be had with Bryan Fury (strength and durability wise) and Jin Kazama (power wise).
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tutorman
@Vance Astro said:

So you think that Sagat is physically strong enough to cause damage to Bryan? "

Sagat's in the same class of the SFer characters who are throwing out sonic boom strikes when they hit on impact.  If Sagat hit Bryan with this, the opponent would be sent reeling into the air.  Sagat is one of the most powerful characters within the entire Street Fighter Universe, only Gouki, Gill, Oro, Ingrid and Alpha Bison are more powerful.

@Vance Astro
said:

" You are using Zangief to make your point.Your point being that strength and durability don't automatically equal a win.The point I was making is that Zangief and Bryan are on two different levels.Everyone knows that strength and durability doesn't automatically equal a win but that's not what's being said here.Zangief being stronger than Ryu or Sagat doesn't have relevance here because you're using that to prove something I already know and never said otherwise in regards to that point.
Sagat being equal to Ryu in anyway has no relevance here either because Ryu doesn't have comparable showings to Bryan either.That is if we are simply speaking of the games which are canon and nothing else seeing as how any showings from any other medium would not be canon to the SF storyline and technically didn't happen.Ryu can move at bullet speed? Where is the proof of that? His projectiles move at bullet speeds? So? Ryu can move multi tons? I've only seen him lift a huge boulder one which weight wasn't specified when else has he proved his strength to be in the range of tons? Jin being more powerful than Bryan has nothing to do with Ryu because Ryu isn't as powerful as Jin or I should say as powerful as Jin can be. I'm not arguing whether Sagat is a better fighter than Bryan or not.I think I've made it quite clear that Sagat is better. Gouki sink a mountain has nothing to do with Ryu or Sagat.
"

You need to read the Capcom released books about the storyline of SF called AAC (All About Capcom) and AASF (All About Street Fighter).  You do know that that those are official statements to the canon storyline of Street Fighter right?  Ryu dodging bullets?  Really not canon?  So your saying that Capcom stating within an interview for the Alpha Movie when someone mentioned the comment about Ryu dodging bullets in the anime, the rep of Capcom stated that "Ryu within the SFer world would be fast enough to be easily capable of dodging bullets", hence why what is shown within the anime is realistic to Ryu's capabilities.  That's a reason why projectiles within the Street Fighter World are traveling at Mach 2...and btw, that's Guile's Sonic Boom only going at 1,500+ mph, his Sonic Hurricane would actually be greater in speed to that.  Watch the Ryu vs Gouki Trailer, an excellent showcasing of Ryu moving fast enough to cause a massive sonic boom explosion upon striking impact to Gouki.  These events take place prior to SFIV.  To simply put, Official and Canon Statements are not simply from the games themselves mind you.  More then half of what we know of officially from Street Fighter has derived away from the game itself (official books, official interviews, the new SFIV trailers).  The boulder in which Ryu is lifting within his ending is noted to be granite and a granite of similar size to the boulder Ryu lifts would be within the multi-ton weight category, hence why I mentioned Ryu having such an ability.

What evidence is there to prove that Ryu is not as powerful as Jin?  Jin lost to Hwoarang within their fight in Tekken 5 and the idea that Hwoarang who is obviously not even remotely as powerful as Ryu was more then capable of beating Jin.  Let me even push this a bit further, the only way Jin beat Hwoarang was when Jin went Devil Jin, hmmm?  Devil Jin would be the only one/way to beat Ryu, that's the truth, due to him going completely Emo, however that completely changes "if" Ryu were to go Satsui-No-Hadou Ryu which would open a completely different can of worms.  Jin needed Devil in order to defeat Kazuya, and Hei in Tekken 4.  He needed Devil again in order to defeat Jinpachi...basically put...Jin needs Devil to be able to beat his strongest opponents.  Ryu has only utilized Satsui-No-Hadou once to defeat Sagat.  Ryu's power was so great and strong that Alpha Bison stated it was the only body powerful enough to sustain his Psycho Power during Alpha, Ryu fought and brought out a draw with Gouki back in Alpha 2...and I'm sorry but Gouki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Tekken character in existence.  So the logic of you indicating that Jin is more powerful then Ryu is completely absurd. 

As for Zangief and Bryan being on two completely different levels...that's absolutely and utterly speculation, due to the clear fact we don't have enough evidence to prove how powerful or durable Zangief is.  That is clearly theory talk on your part there, we have nothing to say so otherwise that Zangief is less of a fighter in terms of strength.  Durability I can believe Bryan is better because within Tekken Tag...although not canon, certain aspects of it is, like him tanking bullet shots from Lei's 9mm Gun.

Again, Sagat would beat Bryan in a fight, because Bryan is not within the same class as Sagat.  Sagat defeated Psycho Ryu (Possessed by Alpha Bison infused w/ Psycho Power), was Alpha Bison's sparring partner during Alpha (Alpha  Bison is so powerful he ranks within the same class as Gouki mind you), and he's Ryu's equal in capabilities.  It's easily conceivable to see Sagat defeat Bryan.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IZZR
@Tutorman: lol dodging is childsplay even bob (who is exceptionally overweight) dodges bullets with ease, the reality of the situation is that Bryan has durability which is incomparable with any Street Fighter and what's rediculous is how people underestimate his fighting abilities without realising hes a master strategist having been one of the top cops in Asia before his death. His new generator allows him to have infinite amounts of energy meaning he wont tire.....ever, realistically sagat doesnt stand a chance i doubt his tiger fireballs are more powerful than jet missiles and speaking of jet missiles hes taken countless hits from them without a care i dont think sagat would survive, and like i said...Bryan can fight!!! As for Akuma hes more of a myth as he hasn't got any real feats im just hoping Street Fighter x Tekken clarifies a lot of things for fans.
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tutorman
@IZZR: @IZZR said:

@Tutorman: lol dodging is childsplay even bob (who is exceptionally overweight) dodges bullets with ease, the reality of the situation is that Bryan has durability which is incomparable with any Street Fighter and what's rediculous is how people underestimate his fighting abilities without realising hes a master strategist having been one of the top cops in Asia before his death. His new generator allows him to have infinite amounts of energy meaning he wont tire.....ever, realistically sagat doesnt stand a chance i doubt his tiger fireballs are more powerful than jet missiles and speaking of jet missiles hes taken countless hits from them without a care i dont think sagat would survive, and like i said...Bryan can fight!!! As for Akuma hes more of a myth as he hasn't got any real feats im just hoping Street Fighter x Tekken clarifies a lot of things for fans.

Don't try to state dodging bullets is childsplay...Jin...arguably the most powerful Tekken Character couldn't even dodge bullets (He was shot dead in Tekken 3, which was the official ending...ONLY Devil stopped him from dying completely mind you).  Bob's storyline shows why he's so fast for a big guy, so what are you trying to get at?

Bryan's durability incomparable with any Street Fighter character?  Really?  You're telling me Bryan has more durability then Gouki who was sitting inside a volcano?  (Gouki's feats during Street Fighter Alpha 2, SFIII should tell you something about him, as well as Street Fighter IV...it's obvious you don't know anything about the Street Fighter canon storyline.  Gouki not having feats...really?   Gouki is the one shown with the MOST FEATS in Street Fighter and they blow any Tekken Character clear out of the sky, even the Mishima's)  Or Ingrid to whom stating that getting punched by Street Fighter combatants is like getting tickled.

Let me phrase this again, nobody is declining that Bryan can't fight, nobody is declining that Bryan doesn't have durability.  Bryan surviving missile attacks doesn't make him auto-win this match up, otherwise it'd be as stupid as saying Jin will lose to Bryan because Jin's never been shown to survive a missile attack.  That's simply dumb logic.  In a contest of fights, Sagat has more experience, and more importantly has fought more POWERFUL opponents then Bryan (Psycho Ryu, and Dictator from Alpha 3>>>>>Bryan), and all of the above that I've mentioned.  As for Bryan's New Generator, I completely believe you are throwing this out of context here.  Bryan's generator was made so that he wouldn't have a limited fuel cell, meaning so he could "technically" live forever on it.  Nowhere does it say that it gives him near infinite amounts of energy to stop him from being nearly invincible.  Even with this new generator cell Bryan is only doing things his original version was doing previously.

I'm tired of debating with a guy who clearly doesn't know enough about the Street Fighter Storyline to even make a credible debate here.  In the true Tekken canon storyline, the Mishima's are the most powerful characters in the Tekken Universe and they would only fall within the Tier Listing of that of Ryu/Sagat within the Street Fighter World, the only exception would be Devil Jin, and Devil Kazuya, both of whom would be ranked above the Ryu/Sagat Tier Listing then, that is but they would still fall short of the Super Elite Class of the Street Fighter characters.
Avatar image for theultimatesurvivor
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street Fighter, no contest.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IZZR
@Tutorman said:
@IZZR: @IZZR said:

Don't try to state dodging bullets is childsplay...Jin...arguably the most powerful Tekken Character couldn't even dodge bullets (He was shot dead in Tekken 3, which was the official ending...ONLY Devil stopped him from dying completely mind you).  Bob's storyline shows why he's so fast for a big guy, so what are you trying to get at?Bryan's durability incomparable with any Street Fighter character?  Really?  You're telling me Bryan has more durability then Gouki who was sitting inside a volcano?  (Gouki's feats during Street Fighter Alpha 2, SFIII should tell you something about him, as well as Street Fighter IV...it's obvious you don't know anything about the Street Fighter canon storyline.  Gouki not having feats...really?   Gouki is the one shown with the MOST FEATS in Street Fighter and they blow any Tekken Character clear out of the sky, even the Mishima's)  Or Ingrid to whom stating that getting punched by Street Fighter combatants is like getting tickled.Let me phrase this again, nobody is declining that Bryan can't fight, nobody is declining that Bryan doesn't have durability.  Bryan surviving missile attacks doesn't make him auto-win this match up, otherwise it'd be as stupid as saying Jin will lose to Bryan because Jin's never been shown to survive a missile attack.  That's simply dumb logic.  In a contest of fights, Sagat has more experience, and more importantly has fought more POWERFUL opponents then Bryan (Psycho Ryu, and Dictator from Alpha 3>>>>>Bryan), and all of the above that I've mentioned.  As for Bryan's New Generator, I completely believe you are throwing this out of context here.  Bryan's generator was made so that he wouldn't have a limited fuel cell, meaning so he could "technically" live forever on it.  Nowhere does it say that it gives him near infinite amounts of energy to stop him from being nearly invincible.  Even with this new generator cell Bryan is only doing things his original version was doing previously.I'm tired of debating with a guy who clearly doesn't know enough about the Street Fighter Storyline to even make a credible debate here.  In the true Tekken canon storyline, the Mishima's are the most powerful characters in the Tekken Universe and they would only fall within the Tier Listing of that of Ryu/Sagat within the Street Fighter World, the only exception would be Devil Jin, and Devil Kazuya, both of whom would be ranked above the Ryu/Sagat Tier Listing then, that is but they would still fall short of the Super Elite Class of the Street Fighter characters.
Listen here troll stop getting so emotional you're ignorance is shining through, Kazuya survived being inside a volcano when he was roughly 11years old so if thats the best fear you can come up with then i feel bad for you. Ive seen all the Street fighter anime and have followed most of the storylines so unless im missing something here id say youre being a real jackass right about now.
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xmenfallen

chun-li and xiaoyu should have fught because i read in wikipedia that both of them are really really alike 

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ramtha07

Street Fighter doth stompith
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By PikminMania

Ryu solos he is Living Tribunal power

TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheFallenOne

I just had to respond to this thread. I prefer Tekken over Street Fighter alot. But Street Fighter is another tier of power. I mean with guys like Akuma who sinks a whole island with single punch, levels a whole forest on the island with single punch, destroys the whole asteroid with single punch (which was about to end the civilization on Earth) . Anyway I dislike the fact that both Tekken and Street Fighter went from regular martial arts games to one peice + level of power, and than we have a peak human characters who fight with those island busters and have their own perspective endings. 

The games might have better stories with each new instalments, but such drastic power level rising is unnecessary
FuryNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FuryNation

@tutorman

I don't know much about Sagat, but let me put Bryan's power in perspective for you.

Intelligence: Used to be an investigative cop for Interpol (which is pretty freaking smart). Tricks with veteran cop, Lei Wulong and veteran fighter, Yoshimitsu. He's not just a mindless monster...he's an incredibly smart monster.

Skill: Power kickboxer, and a very unorthodox fighter, due to him being a zombie and not feeling pain. Also has muay thai skills because he was Bruce Irvin's replacement.

Strength: As you know, the tank bullet and throwing feat which, btw is his weakest feat. He gets a big upgrade (perpetual generator) in Tekken 6 and is stronger without it, because he never used it in the game because Dr. Bosconovich said it would take time for the Generator to link up to his old and new parts. His Tekken 6 ending was NOT a display of his newfound power because it was showing when Yoshimitsu frustrated him to the point that he went over to the war and starting leveling battlefields for shits and giggles. Also, he stalemated Paul (who was Kazuya's equal) without even breaking a sweat and the resulted in a punch that sent sonic booms and shockwaves to wreck the environment; and Bryan hardly put anything into that punch, whereas Paul likely put his full force. Lastly, the Jack robots are nothing compared to Bryan's enhancements. Bryan was not even made from the same doctor that made Jacks (Dr. Bosconovich). And Dr. B couldn't even understand Dr. Abel's (the doctor who made Bryan) enhancements (Bryan). So Bryan is a mixture of the two most intelligent scientists in the Tekken world. Jacks are not even comparable to him.

Speed: His arch-enemy is Yoshimitsu, who is probably the oldest fighter in Tekken and is probably the fastest; he's a ninja who uses ninjutsu, is easily a bullet-dodger, and teleports. And Bryan keeps up with him. Also, Bryan soloed the entire Manji clan (which is basically a bunch of Yoshimitsus and Kunimitsus) and took them all out right when he woke up, and that means he wasn't even close to his fullest potential. And he easily keeps up with Yoshimitsu and gives Yoshimitsu a hard time. This also means that Bryan is a bullet-dodger. Also, Heihachi is stronger than Feng Wei, who if anyone remembers, took out a mountain with one hit and destroyed a meteor with one punch.

Durability: I think you already know his feats with the tank and helicopter, but let's compare him to other characters. He tanked Paul's punches (who is one of the biggest hard-hitters in Tekken) with a smile on his face. He's also more durable than Heihachi and Heihachi survived an explosion that could take out an Island. And if I remember correctly, Akuma's biggest feat is that he took out an island. Also, Bryan is not made up of the same thing as the Jack robots are. He has cybernetic enhancements; the Jacks are nothing compared to him. Not even comparable, actually.

Motive: Doesn't have one and is completely insane. Cannot be emotionally-upperhanded because he is a lone-wolf. Whereas he can use other characters' love-interests, etc, as hostage.

P.S: There's no proof that the Mishimas can beat Bryan, let alone stomp him. Yeah, he's a minor character but he's definitely not weak.

erico2002006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu and Jin or Kazuya would be a close fight...I am not sure who would win...and for those of you that think Zangief is weak you guys are crazy in here, Zangief survived a tornado, He was literally engulfed inside a tornado and still survived...So I would say that Zangief is very strong, that is a damn hell of a feat if you ask me...

erico2002006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevs vs Lars...I am not sure, but I think Ken has a slight edge on him there...

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken is.the best fighting game

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno but Kazuya slumped Akuma.

Tekken is.the best fighting game

Indeed.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Krishnyak  Online

@ragegod: but that was not Akuma from SF universe)