• 86 results
#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Mortal Kombat feats include feats from Games and Comics. Street Fighter feats include games and Comics.

Akuma (No Shin or Oni) vs Raiden (Mortal)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Cammy vs Sonya

Ryu (Can go Dark) vs Scorpion (No BFR)

Chun Li vs Liu Kang

Sagat vs Johnny Cage

All matches are Death or KO.

All battles take place here.

No Caption Provided

Does Earth Realm win again? or does the belt go to the SF team?

#2 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized its sunday so the mortal kombat comic probably came out. Let me see if anything happened in that first. All though first glance the only match ups I can see the MK winning are liu Kang vs Chun-li, Johnny Cage (assuming current) vs Sagat, and maybe Raiden vs Akuma (this might be the closest).

I am going off memory mostly.

#4 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: cool hit me back after ya go through your stuff

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenshi's Sento owns everyone.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

Well scorpion kind of beat sub zero....All though scorpion stated he was already injured (which I think is kind of BS because sub zero seemed fine and scorpion was the one who got impaled in the previous issue.....). Sub zero might have been holding back a bit. And it seems scorpion can summon the undead? All though aside from that nothing new.

#7 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Here is a entire list of feats for comic feats Sagat in post 2.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sagat-vs-bane-1524197/

some good collection of feats from comics of Chun Li and Ryu here.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/chun-li-ryu-vs-captain-america-deadpool-1520813/

Other than that there is only the game cut scenes to rely on.

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Can I see that battle? I'm broke.

#9 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Sagat seems pretty impressive all though Johnn cage can apparently beat sub zero and scorpion. Sub Zero doesn't have a lot of showing without the amp in the new comic but scorpion has been a beast. He was tanking the power of an amped Raiden, he punches holes through peoples skulls, can tank being impaled, and he is also a teleporter. And in MK 9 he managed to defeat some of the high tier characters like nightwolf and kung lao.

I think Ryu would probably take scorpion. And Liu Kang would take Chun li.

#10 Posted by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma vs Raiden is a really good fight. I'm not entirely sure who wins that one. I mean Akuma does have some ridiculous feats. Raiden has gotten a lot more powerful over the years and is continuing to get even more awesome feats in the newer comics.

Cammy has a lot better feats than Sonya. I think she wins that fight.

Ryu may be more powerful than Akuma when he goes evil (or at least has the potential to surpass Akuma). However, Ryu wont let himself succumb to the Dark Hadou and Scorpion is strong enough to survive Evil Ryu until he comes back to his senses. At that point I imagine Ryu using the power of nothingness. This is where it becomes tricky. Because Scorpion has revealed that if he goes all out he has enough power to destroy an entire city. And the power of nothingness doesn't last forever (in Ryu's case because he has not used it very much and hasn't mastered it like Gouken). Scorpion has a whole lot more power and versatility here. He can create portals. Teleport. Control Netherrealm (hell) fire. He can summon demons to fight for him. I think he wins.

Liu Kang stomps Chun-Li. Chun-Li is really good. But in MK9 Liu Kang was literally toying and playing with Kitanna. Kitanna is 10,000+ year old Edenian and has defeated Scorpion Pre-MKX in one page without trying. Liu Kang can also packs a lot more force behind his attacks. Enough force to literally one-shot her.

Johnny Cage beats Sagat handily. Depending on Johnny's mood he could stomp.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Can I see that battle? I'm broke.

It was kind of under whelming.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Scorpion ends up sparing subzero, but he basically leaves him for dead. So who knows if sub zero is going to live....

#12 Posted by kgb725 (18755 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Scorpion has been teleporting for a long time

#13 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09: Two things. No way is Liu Kang one shotting Chun. She tanked a 10,000 volt punch to the gut and fought on to win against Red Viper.

Stats wise she matches.

Strength

Chun Li may not have say lifting strength like Zangief, but she still has all the training from Gen, the pressure point master, to land devastating attacks. She can also amp her weaker attacks with chi.

1) Smashes through thick construction grade glass with a kick, and the force sends the other guy through the other side.

2) Explodes a solid wooden poll with a palm strike.

Durability

Chun Li is not a super durable tank, but she can tank some impressive blows. Blows that would KO most street heroes.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

1-2) Here Chun Li tanks a million volt attack from Red Viper to the stomach. shrugs it off for the win.

3-4) Here Cammy hits Chun Li with the same attack that sends a grown man through the steel roof of a bullet train. Chun Li takes both legs in this kick instead of one, and lands on a car shattering the roof. Chun Li just gets angry.

5) Chun Li falls from a 3rd story building, kicked in mid air, and lands fine.

Speed

Besides the various feats of Chun Li's proven reaction time vs other Street Fighters, she has other feats to prove she is very fast in her attacks and reaction time.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

1) Chun Li kicks are so fast, they leave after images.

2) Casual bullet dodging.

3) Blitzes Delta Red team leader Colonel Keith Wolfman, a super human in his own right.

like wise she has attacks that can counter with one shot potential as well. Best feat here for Cammy was tanking this too.

No Caption Provided

She also has her steel door busting Kikosho range attacks.

No Caption Provided

Or her super Kikosho area attack that smashes concrete and cars alike.

So I do not see a easy case for Liu. nor for johnny stomping the same guy who matched non Dark Ryu at his height during the second tournament, and tanked his Shinku Hadouken. Sagat also causally beaten Normal Ryu not once, but twice, and nearly a third time in their last match. Only Dark Ryu ever easy beaten Sagat in the Udon comics.

#14 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Wow.. Scorpion is an a-hole, lol. He was totally reaching to find an excuse to fight Sub Zero.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@kgb725 said:

@jashro44: Scorpion has been teleporting for a long time

I know....

Im pretty sure his quarrel was mostly with the older brother, who he killed already for vengeance. Seems odd he just lash out at the innocent younger brother who had nothing to do with it.

Also wasnt Sub Zero already dead from Sindel?

#17 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yea Sindel killed him. I believe he did some work for Quan chi so he is back to normal now. As for why Scorpion is lashing out he's a bit of a loose cannon in this series.

#18 Edited by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@sirfizzwhizz: Liu Kang was able to punch through Ruby with absolutely no effort as a kid. Ruby is a 9 out of 10 on the hard scale. While Titanium is a 6. Not only did he do this when he was a kid. He didn't even amp the punch with Chi. It's arguable that he could punch through Diamond in MK9. Especially currently. He could EASILY one shot Chun-Li.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09: Not sure if Fizz is allowing the Malibu comics. They aren't canon. All though than again he does say comic feats in the OP so who knows.

#20 Edited by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Liu Kang should be the exact same strength in the comics as he is in canon. In MK9 you are even allowed to punch straight through diamond as a mini game. I know awhile back a lot of people were complaining how MK9 made a lot of the characters weaker than they were before. But the guys at Netherrealm were trying to assure everyone that they were still as strong as they were then as they are now (Well as of MKX they are all much stronger than they were in the Malibu comics but you get the idea).

#21 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09: Still not one shotting Chun who tanks 1,000,000 volts in the gut or shrugs off the Spiral Kick from cammy that puts grown men through steel.

@jashro44 said:

@mee09: Not sure if Fizz is allowing the Malibu comics. They aren't canon. All though than again he does say comic feats in the OP so who knows.

I will allow it, though admittedly I forgot they existed.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@jashro44: Liu Kang should be the exact same strength in the comics as he is in canon. In MK9 you are even allowed to punch straight through diamond as a mini game. I know awhile back a lot of people were complaining how MK9 made a lot of the characters weaker than they were before. But the guys at Netherrealm were trying to assure everyone that they were still as strong as they were then as they are now (Well as of MKX they are all much stronger than they were in the Malibu comments but you get the idea).

The mini game isn't canon.

#23 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@mee09 said:

@jashro44: Liu Kang should be the exact same strength in the comics as he is in canon. In MK9 you are even allowed to punch straight through diamond as a mini game. I know awhile back a lot of people were complaining how MK9 made a lot of the characters weaker than they were before. But the guys at Netherrealm were trying to assure everyone that they were still as strong as they were then as they are now (Well as of MKX they are all much stronger than they were in the Malibu comments but you get the idea).

The mini game isn't canon.

^

#24 Edited by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: No duh the mini game isn't canon. But the point is the creators of MK obviously think their characters are pretty powerful. And I guarantee them if you asked them if the likes of Liu Kang, Raiden, Goro, and etc. were capable of shattering Diamond they'd say yes. Especially now.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@jashro44: No duh the mini game isn't canon. But the point is the creators of MK obviously think their characters are pretty powerful. And I guarantee them if you asked them if the likes of Liu Kang, Raiden, Goro, and etc. were capable of shattering Diamond they'd say yes. Especially now.

I'll believe it when they do it in canon.

#26 Posted by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well you wont have to wait as long as you think for that to happen. And in this thread he certainly can do it because Malibu feats are allowed and you just saw what a kid Liu Kang did to a watermelon sized Ruby with seemingly no effort and without even using Chi to amp his punches.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

Lulz. Irony.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@jashro44: Well you wont have to wait as long as you think for that to happen. And in this thread he certainly can do it because Malibu feats are allowed and you just saw what a kid Liu Kang did to a watermelon sized Ruby with seemingly no effort and without even using Chi to amp his punches.

Yes with malibu feats he can. As things currently stand though he cannot do that without those feats.

#29 Edited by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well no of course he can't do it without the feats. Lol the feats are what lets us know he is perfectly capable of doing it.

#30 Edited by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: No she is still getting one-shotted. Liu Kang's Chi amped punch >>>> Liu Kang's punch >>>>>> Spiral kick. If she doesn't she doesn't win regardless. Liu Kang is completely out of her league.

#31 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: no irony really. The mini game is not a cutscene but a pure game mechanic as valid as the game mechanic of busting cars with full control in SF games. Nothing ironic other than someone sees the feats of the mini game as proof instead just the well made cutscenes of Xrays and Fatalities.

#32 Posted by KitanaAuditore (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly based on videogames I see winning Akuma, Sonya, Scorpion, Chun-Li and Cage.

1.-If Raiden get his Deception dark side (with his morals off) against Akuma, I can see a interesting match. But I also see Akuma applying his Shun Goku Satsu to Raiden and winning. (To me, Akuma is in the same level of Shao Kahn in skill and power).

2.-Sonya. I would give it to Sonya. Based on videogames, Sonya in the MK9 mode story managed to beat Kitana and Jade alone and I don't remember seeing Cammy fighting two people at time and winning in the Street Fighter series (in animated series, comics or games). Plus, Sonya survived the massacre in MK9.

3.-I see Scorp win here. I feel him more experienced than normal Ryu in defeating more skilled rivals based on videogames (Onaga, Quan Chi, Bi-Han who turned to be Noob and Sub-Zero).

4.-Chun-Li. Based on their respective videogames, Liu Kang may be Earthrealm's Champion but Chun-Li is said to be the Earth's Strongest Woman. Plus, while Liu has good moves, Chun-Li style is more balanced between speed and strength. In a fair fight she wins by KO, with some difficulty but wins.

5.-Cage. If memory serves me well, Cage managed to beat Baraka, Reptile and Kano in MK9 mode story so he should not to have problems by fighting Sagat. And like Sonya, he also survived MK9 massacre.

#33 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09: except Liu Kang has no speed feat on her level nor the durability to tank attacks like she can. He died to Raiden electric attack, and Chun tanked 1,000,000 volts no issue. Liu need been hit as hard as Chun has by feats, not moved fast enough for after images. Not seeing a stomp no matter how hard you dress it up. Chun is more than capable of winning the fight.

#34 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: no irony really. The mini game is not a cutscene but a pure game mechanic as valid as the game mechanic of busting cars with full control in SF games. Nothing ironic other than someone sees the feats of the mini game as proof instead just the well made cutscenes of Xrays and Fatalities.

That's totally ironic. Lol.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

When MK characters fight in cut scenes they mostly fight using there in game move sets. I have to agree with fizz its not the same thing. The fatalities just show the powers and abilities of the characters. Test your might is just gameplay mechanics.

#36 Posted by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Lol Raiden is The God of Thunder in Mortal Kombat. His Electricity >>>>> whatever Chun-Li tanked.

#37 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@sirfizzwhizz said:

When MK characters fight in cut scenes they mostly fight using there in game move sets. I have to agree with fizz its not the same thing. The fatalities just show the powers and abilities of the characters. Test your might is just gameplay mechanics.

If Test Your Might was a button sequence followed by a scene of the combatant breaking diamond, it'd still be game mechanics. Same thing as non-canon fatalities to me.

#38 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

If Test Your Might was a button sequence followed by a scene of the combatant breaking diamond, it'd still be game mechanics. Same thing as non-canon fatalities to me.

I view it like this. Liu Kang has never canonically tossed fire balls around. Are we going to say he can't do that? Same deal with fatalities. Its just them showing off there powers. Test your might on the other hand isn't apart of the story, it doesn't show off the characters powers, or anything. And if you hit the button wrong you can fail to break simple boards, but if you hit the button right you can break diamonds. There is no way to measure test your might because it is something that is entirely dependent on the players skill. However fatalities and move sets are things that are programmed into the game for each character. If you pick Liu Kang for example you don't get to fight with SIndels move set (unless you hack the game). You can only fight with Liu Kangs move set.

Its a huge difference.

#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I view it like this. Liu Kang has never canonically tossed fire balls around. Are we going to say he can't do that? Same deal with fatalities. Its just them showing off there powers. Test your might on the other hand isn't apart of the story, it doesn't show off the characters powers, or anything. And if you hit the button wrong you can fail to break simple boards, but if you hit the button right you can break diamonds. There is no way to measure test your might because it is something that is entirely dependent on the players skill. However fatalities and move sets are things that are programmed into the game for each character. If you pick Liu Kang for example you don't get to fight with SIndels move set (unless you hack the game). You can only fight with Liu Kangs move set.

Its a huge difference.

Underline One: No. It's within his given powerset, but if he doesn't use fireballs within the way he fights, then why bring up a capability that's more or less irrelevant?

Underline Two: Fatalities rarely make an appearance within canon also. Those which do make an appearance, I accept as a fact. Test Your Might shows characters striking power by the same logic you're using with fatalities and x-rays. What's the difference between bashing buttons and pulling a trigger to activate a scene where the character breaks durable materials, and pushing buttons in a sequence to activate a fatality? Both are gameplay triggered cutscenes to me.

Underline Three: Fatalities and x-rays are also 100% dependant on whether or not the player chooses to do so. Unless of course if its been canonically backed up.

See I knew this conversation would go around in circles, lol.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

Underline One: No. It's within his given powerset, but if he doesn't use fireballs within the way he fights, then why bring up a capability that's more or less irrelevant?

How does liu Kang fight even? Most of the fight scenes in MK happen in gameplay. We only saw glimpses of his fight with sheva or whatever, but even than we never saw the whole fight. We have no idea how 90% of the fights in MK played out even.

And again by your logic he can't use fire balls because he's never shown them in canon. By the logic you are going with we can't even use some characters basic abilities. Lliu Kangs fatalities are the same thing as his fire balls. They are apart of his power set.

Underline Two: Fatalities rarely make an appearance within canon also. Those which do make an appearance, I accept as a fact. Test Your Might shows characters striking power by the same logic you're using with fatalities and x-rays. What's the difference between bashing buttons and pulling a trigger to activate a scene where the character breaks durable materials, and pushing buttons in a sequence to activate a fatality? Both are gameplay triggered cutscenes to me.

No test your might doesn't show characters striking power because again its dependent on the players skill. Fatalities are abilities that the characters are given by the game developers. The difference is if you push the button at the wrong time in test your might you wont break the diamond and can fail against wood. It contradicts itself and makes no sense, and it also contradicts the story of MK as well. If you fail to perform a fatality you just kick the guy or shoot a fire ball instead and you are still doing an in game move. The fatalities don't contradict the story or themselves in the characters capabilities.

Underline Three: Fatalities and x-rays are also 100% dependant on whether or not the player chooses to do so. Unless of course if its been canonically backed up.

See I knew this conversation would go around in circles, lol.

Your missing the point. Again by this logic Liu Kang can't even shoot fire balls....Why are you allowing Liu Kang to shoot fire balls but not his fatalities? The only difference between the two is a fatality is a special move.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
#41 Posted by SirBaronOBeefdip (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Cage!!!

#42 Posted by JuzaCloud (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

Street Fighter wins all matches. Sagat vs Johnny Cage?.....really? lol

#43 Posted by MonsterStomp (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

And again by your logic he can't use fire balls because he's never shown them in canon. By the logic you are going with we can't even use some characters basic abilities. Lliu Kangs fatalities are the same thing as his fire balls. They are apart of his power set.

Exactly, no one knows exactly how he fights. All we have from MK9 is a bunch of fights with no context in them, just the result. Stryker beat Ermac for crying out loud, and I'm pretty sure there are more fights to consider when it comes to "clear mismatches but somehow the underdog wins". There's no consistency, implication or canonical backup in the way combatants in MK9 fight.

Sure they have a unique skillset, primarily because it'd be boring if every character had the same style from an entertainment standpoint.

The fatalities don't contradict the story or themselves in the characters capabilities.

If a player is roaming story-mode and dishing out fatalities, it does contradict the story if there are no consequences followed after.

Again by this logic Liu Kang can't even shoot fire balls....Why are you allowing Liu Kang to shoot fire balls but not his fatalities?

I'm not allowing him to shoot fireballs. He's gonna have to do that within canon and outside of game mechanics before I accept it.

#44 Posted by SirBaronOBeefdip (1310 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Exactly, no one knows exactly how he fights. All we have from MK9 is a bunch of fights with no context in them, just the result. Stryker beat Ermac for crying out loud, and I'm pretty sure there are more fights to consider when it comes to "clear mismatches but somehow the underdog wins". There's no consistency, implication or canonical backup in the way combatants in MK9 fight.

Sure they have a unique skillset, primarily because it'd be boring if every character had the same style from an entertainment standpoint.

Which is why I use there ability set to gauge them for the most part. Stryker beating ermac would be PIS. I'm fine with something like him beating kintarro honestly.

If a player is roaming story-mode and dishing out fatalities, it does contradict the story if there are no consequences followed after.

Again your missing the point. The game play isn't reflective of what happened but the characters do have clearly established abilities with there move sets.

I'm not allowing him to shoot fireballs. He's gonna have to do that within canon and outside of game mechanics before I accept it.

In that case 90% of MK threads become pointless.What you are basically doing is dismissing there power set as game play mechanics with the exception of a few who had some showings in cut scenes (even than the showings in the cutscene are few) and a few characters who show up in the comic. By dismissing there power set you are basically robbing any discussion with say Liu Kang of any value. MK 10 might change this but even than it honestly makes no sense to me to dismiss there power sets. I don't view it as game play mechanics, I view it as clearly established abilities from the game developers. Obviously we need to use feats to gauge how powerful these abilities are but I don't see what is wrong wiht saying these characters have these powers.

#46 Edited by JuzaCloud (3422 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by SirBaronOBeefdip (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

@juzacloud: There's nothing to argue. Here's johnny!!

#48 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

Street fighter all rounds.

#49 Posted by SinnTek1 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Mortal Kombat feats include feats from Games and Comics. Street Fighter feats include games and Comics.

Akuma (No Shin or Oni) vs Raiden (Mortal) - Too close to call.

Cammy vs Sonya

Ryu (Can go Dark) vs Scorpion (No BFR)

Chun Li vs Liu Kang (curbstomp)

Sagat vs Johnny Cage

All matches are Death or KO.

All battles take place here.

Does Earth Realm win again? or does the belt go to the SF team?

#50 Posted by nick_hero22 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: We know that gameplay movesets aren't only used to display the characters's abilities because they also have instrumental value when setting up the combat mechanics of the game and are used for balancing as well; so it would seem like you're cherry picking to me when you take moves from the game that don't have proper grounding in the lore and try to attribute them to a specific character.