Storm vs Vulcan Rematch

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Storm vs Vulcan Rematch (108 votes)

Storm 41%
Vulcan 60%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They start 30ft apart

Bloodlusted

I heard people had mixed feelings about the latest X-Men Red issue. How do y’all think takes this?

• 
Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Vulcan shouldn't have any real issues with weather-related powers given he's already handled far bigger threats.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 KillianDuclark  Online

I don't care how many excuses Ewing tries to throw at us the readers for why Vulcan lost their skirmish I still call bullshit on that defeat.

Vulcan is the superior energy manipulator not just in power but in finesse

jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: seems like Vulcan was sent back as a shell, Brand did note that he was only using his surface abilities

But yes

Storm overpowering him physically, was absolutely stupid, and even worse matching his energy manipulation

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaakor said:

@killianduclark: seems like Vulcan was sent back as a shell, Brand did note that he was only using his surface abilities

But yes

Storm overpowering him physically, was absolutely stupid, and even worse matching his energy manipulation

Yeah I recall Vulcan even states this

No Caption Provided

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vulcan wins

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way she beat him was really dumb. I can think of a dozen other ways that would actually make sense. Like throw a table at the back of his head with wind. If that doesn't seem cool, suffocate him with artificial clouds.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaakor said:

But yes

Yeah I recall Vulcan even states this

No Caption Provided

He’s still at normal levels just not at his absolute

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....I mean

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan. Storm only fought the shell of him...

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

Remove me from the tags please

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nassergrant19
@purplehairedni1 said:

Remove me from the tags please

Thought you were interested in 616 Storm stuff but ok…I guess

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

@nassergrant19: it's not that am not interested but on comic vine there's a certain biased against Storm and everything she does so it's kinda useless even trying to argue with people when it comes to her. So let me have my peace ✌️

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mooty_Pass

LOL Seriously?

Al Ewing, Storm and Abigail Brand couldn't have explained it any better than they already did. Storm beat Vulcan fair and square. She beat him, because she's simply more skilled than he is. Since that issue came out I've spoken with many Other actual Fans of Vulcan and they are fine with the outcome. It just sounds like a small group of people are just salty.

Rematch?:

-If, Vulcan can humble himself and train more then we'd have a better fight on our hands and he'd could potentially win.

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyshinigami: While we're at it Scarlet Wiccan is dieing for that Invisible Woman Vs Magneto CAV

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: it's not that am not interested but on comic vine there's a certain biased against Storm and everything she does so it's kinda useless even trying to argue with people when it comes to her. So let me have my peace ✌️

Oh ok understandable.👍

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

@mooty_pass: It's useless on Comic Vine to even argue with people's opinions on Storm because according to them everything she does is either a outlier or plot.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: It's useless on Comic Vine to even argue with people's opinions on Storm because according to them everything she does is either a outlier or plot.

You guys do realise there was already context for this feat mentioned in the issue it happens, right? I'm shocked no one seems to mention it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@professorrespect said:
@purplehairedni1 said:

You guys do realise there was already context for this feat mentioned in the issue it happens, right? I'm shocked no one seems to mention it.

Why are you shocked? I've already mentioned the Context.

Phantom25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan shouldn't have any real issues with weather-related powers given he's already handled far bigger threats.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@purplehairedni1 said:

Yeah, you right.

Thank God Al Ewing is writing Storm. It's about to get even better. Can't wait to watch the PIS and Outlier cry babies here in Comicvine :-)

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Exactly I be waiting with my pop corn because their reactions are too good

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplehairedni1: Already explained months ago that I have no interest in debating.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@purplehairedni1 said:

Why are you shocked? I've already mentioned the Context.

I don't recall that at all by your post. I'm not sure beating the "shell" of a character is supposed to be quantifiable or not, especially given what we already know.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...

The issue gave two explanations

-Brand said that Storm is an Omega that has Honed her full power with training which is understandable (though it's a cop out, lack of training didn't stop him from draining Adam warlock or countless other energy manipulators)

-Vulcan claimed to be a shell (which is not quite quantifiable... Since he came back he's caused a mushroom cloud explosion on the moon twice, claimed he could blow up the moon and absorbed/contained a planets worth energy without being overloaded)

I've asked this somewhere before, would Vulcan be better at Psionic energy manipulation than Jean/Exodus/proteus (nate grey&cable), the omegas for psionic energy, would he be better at electromagnetic energy manipulation than storm and magneto, the omegas for that form of energy. And the response then was, technically he should, but since they have better skills and showings than him, we should probably not assume he would be better.

So I guess what happened is in line with that, Vulcan should be better than storm at lightning and energy manipulation, just based on him omega potential for energy manipulation. But storm is an energy manipulator with far more experience and skill than him which led to her out skilling and overwhelming him. Plus as was said, hes currently a broken shell, so maybe he's not performing at War of Kings levels.

Some may say, how did she overload him, when he's contained a planets worth of ionosphere energy recently. Well, storm also channels planetary levels of energy and manipulates them too. To me it seems that Vulcan didn't have any issue draining her or containing the energy, but she was also taking it back, specifically agitating it in a way that would imbalance him and sending it back. Which is just my interpretation anyway (it wasn't about his capacity, it was about skill)

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's kind of a Quentin quire situation (though not as extremely bad as quentin), where he has omega potential and some high level feats, but other skilled telepaths like Emma and the cuckoos still wash him.

Storm shouldn't be getting this much backlash, but a lot of writers have used her as a lighting spamming background character who doesn't do much and haven't fleshed put her powers for a while, so her outskilling an omega energy manipulator might seem out of nowhere to someone who hasn't dug deep into storm feats, and would just seem like Vulcan jobbing

FireLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm not a fan of the way Vulcan's been portrayed in X-Men red. He honestly should've beat storm without too much problems, then again they did note that he wasn't at his best so maybe it makes sense?

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

IShallMeetU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people realize that this era is establishing Storm as an energy manipulator and an adept one. She's always been an energy manipulator it just presents as weather manipulation but we've seen her do things that can't be explained as weather.

Avatar image for deactivated-628bf954919c4
deactivated-628bf954919c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, said @del_torro that was the BEST Explanation i've every seen. Too bad people fail to get that. The Only thing I will say is I do believe this is the one and only Vulcan from Before and After the War of Kings.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rajjarsalt

Vulcan = poopoo

Does anyone not named Hellion like that bratty boy enough to cope about him getting stomped by Storm

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has been fighting Omega level mutants everyday in the rings, and has held her position. Not even talking about past feats from long ago this is the current storyline.. Since the X of swords where she fought Death, she has been in survival mode. Vulcan was out of his league.

Vulcan is powerful, and their powers are similar, but Storm is just simply more skilled, and willing to do what she has to. In a contest of wills between Storm and most characters, they would have lost.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I see people actually giving Storm some credit on this site which is astounding, I'll just add onto it a bit.

Is Storm far superior in energy manipulation she should be dropping him every time? No. Is it rediculous that the untrained and unhinged omega energy manipulator lost the battle of will and control over energy against the woman that shapes and manipulates energy patterns across a city, country, contient to even planetary level multiple times with insane control? ...No?

Y'all know how much energy a hurricane has? 200 times the global electrical generating capacity, and in its lifetime expends the energy equivalent of 10,000 nuclear bombs. Storm has created and dissipated (the latter she explained being incredibly harder, all that energy needs to go somewhere and she can cause damage to the natural weather system which she avoids) far bigger and powerful storms than the average hurricane.

So the idea that Storm doesn't or couldn't have more finesse and control over energy is beyond me from what I've seen. With full training like Brand said yeah he'd obviously surpass her, but his inferior training, pretty equal power and surface level use of his power failed against pure willpower, finesse and mastery over energy manipulation.

He's also gone bonkers but hell I don't see much a difference from before, and pretending he's a fraction of what he was before is being ignorant to his current power level and what Brand/Ewing spells out for the readers. It's not that he's actually a shell of what he was, its that he doesn't use his powers to his full potential period. He's making super impressive energy constructs without knowing it, it couldn't be more clear it's about him not having the training to have full grasp of his power which I've seen stated multiple times is how he was before.

Idk, people can only act surprised so many times of her being written like she's on the list of Omegas with skills beyond "I'm gonna shoot you with lightning and if that doesn't work I'm worthless" before it starts getting silly.

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MiguelCervantes

The African Goddess step on this Opressor Euro-Descent Man, otherwise opinions will be regarded as a form of -ism.

Be careful you evil people.

TheQuatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheQuatum

Vulcan should've annihilated her and it reflects extremely poorly on Al Ewing that he didn't understand that or chose to ignore that fact.

PS: I don't even like Vulcan

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thequatum: the ONLY comment I'm gonna make on this that the story isn't over and there's ALOT more time to see it flesh out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6492584c7b507
deactivated-6492584c7b507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The African Goddess step on this Opressor Euro-Descent Man, otherwise opinions will be regarded as a form of -ism.

Be careful you evil people.

While I get where you're coming from, nobody is saying this mess here. Don't know why you even bring it up. And while I would admit that the way Storm is written (in some areas) and how she's on 100% 24/7 do have a slight taste of blackgirlbossvirtuesignalling, Storm as a character and a powerhouse has been terribly utilized for decades. So I am totally fine with some light Marysue-ing if it means she's permanently written at the powerlevel she was supposed to be at for a long time.

That being said, I'm still waiting for them to add a bit more substance to her other then being da stonkest

CrimsonFoxFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrimsonFoxFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-629071f90cfc4
deactivated-629071f90cfc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan wins here. A weaker version of Vulcan already showed he can deal with her temperature Manipulation , her lightning gets redirected or absorbed and she gets taken out with a single blast

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cash22 said:

What in the world are with these comments mad because they are fan favorites of Vulcan and want him to win every battle. Are you kidding me to act like he should defeat Storm with no problem. Like WTF. Have people not been paying attention to Storm's power since day one up to now. She not only control the elements that govern the weather but she is also an energy manipulator absorber and with perception. Not only can she control the elements inside your body but in the atmosphere on a planet and in space. She has absorbed energy from stars. She has became pure elemental with control unlimited and to whatever degree. She has perceived hydrogen atoms and controlled them to create powerful energy. In space she literally attack an Imperial ship mentally no where in sight and used its controls and climate to disable. Just to name a few examples. She can literally destroy all life on any planet. Are you guys really going to act like just because Vulcan has done some powerful stuff that Storm has not and no match for him like that. You guys are delusional. In X-men Red #2, the big reveal was she is also full blown energy manipulator with complete control that been hinted for years since the 80s. Also, let take one of Vulcans main offensive blast powers which is heat..do you guys really think he can match Storm with that when she can control extreme cold and wind. Do you think him trying to use electricity against her is going to work? What he thought would happen was that he could absorb her energy but what was shown was she can also manipulate energy so it was a battle of WILL. Who can control and endure until one is weaken to go for the kill and Storm prevailed because she has the STRONGEST will of just about any mutant, she is the better fighter...and can perceive your nervous system.....not to mention she is a Goddess. She is the balancer of all natural things. She is waaaay more powerful than Vulcan. Just because Storm didn't turn evil or overpowered an empire with her powers does not mean she can't. She is good and she protects. Even if they battle again and if he get the jump on Storm in future issues it don't matter. Vulcan is not immortal and going up against another omega and one who controls elements like beyond any other and can also manipulate energy, can defeat him, which what was shown here. People should be praising Storm who has major development since the 80s with power growth and experience. We have at least one mutant who power scale is beyond..who is an omega..a Goddess who is totally good and use her powers to help anyone from Earth and beyond without going psycho or being imbued by a cosmic force and people get mad that she prevails. Wow! Stop getting mad because you always want to see your favorite to win.

Nice... still doesn't change the context of their fight. Vulcan has better feats against Stronger opponents.

Cash22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cash22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyshinigami: List all his features and Storm's features and lets see if you're right in terms of power and making sense.