• 80 results
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Saren

Pre-52 Swamp Thing would win......easily. The current one doesn't have the feats to contend.

@Vance Astro said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Perhaps my knowledge of Swamp Thing is too limited, but I can't see anything other that Storm dominating in this match. Does Swamp Thing even have any long distance powers? Couldn't Storm just float and fry?

Someone said earlier that he can fly, I don't know if that's a fact.

He can grow wings, yeah.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

Pre-52 Swamp Thing would win......easily. The current one doesn't have the feats to contend.

What can he do if he's frozen? What will he do to even attack Storm that she has no defense for?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Saren

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

What can he do if he's frozen? What will he do to even attack Storm that she has no defense for?

He can shift his mind out of that body and construct a new one in a matter of seconds. I haven't read those old Swamp Thing volumes in quite a while so I don't know what the context of that scan where he's frozen is, but he's traveled through space without getting frozen and the temperatures in dead space are a lot colder than those on Earth.

As for what he can do, he can manipulate trace amounts of flora in her digestive tract and grow a tree out of her throat in a matter of seconds. That'll kill her on the spot. I remember Swamp Thing's daughter being able to combine trace chemicals in the human body and force people to die of massive simulated drug overdoses. They have the same powers so he should be able to do the same thing, but I don't remember if he's done something like that before.

But that's all a moot point seeing as this is DCnU Swamp Thing. His feats are mostly restricted to punching people really hard.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

He can shift his mind out of that body and construct a new one in a matter of seconds. I haven't read those old Swamp Thing volumes in quite a while so I don't know what the context of that scan where he's frozen is, but he's traveled through space without getting frozen and the temperatures in dead space are a lot colder than those on Earth.

As for what he can do, he can manipulate trace amounts of flora in her digestive tract and grow a tree out of her throat in a matter of seconds. That'll kill her on the spot. I remember Swamp Thing's daughter being able to combine trace chemicals in the human body and force people to die of massive simulated drug overdoses. They have the same powers so he should be able to do the same thing, but I don't remember if he's done something like that before.

So he couldn't lose? I don't get it...he has to have some weakness. If he can burn or be frozen then what can be done?

@CitizenBane said:

But that's all a moot point seeing as this is DCnU Swamp Thing. His feats are mostly restricted to punching people really hard.

No it isn't. The thread creator changed that a page ago.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Saren

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

So he couldn't lose? I don't get it...he has to have some weakness. If he can burn or be frozen then what can be done?

I remember an old Hellblazer story with Johanna Constantine where an older incarnation of Swamp Thing was killed by some witch who used magic to prevent him from regenerating, resurrecting or jumping into other plants and then set him ablaze. Under normal conditions, that's the only real way of defeating him: by somehow stopping him from being able to transfer his mind into a newly created body. Storm cannot do that. Even if you destroy the planet he can simply transfer his mind into plant life on other planets, he's done that before by reforming on Thanagar. So with that being the case, I don't see how she could possibly win. She has no way of keeping him down permanently and he can kill her with a thought. Or even a slight punch for that matter, the guy has overpowered Captain Atom and a weakened Superman and duked it out with Etrigan.

@Vance Astro said:

No it isn't. The thread creator changed that a page ago.

Cool.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@BeaverSauce: swamp thing not man thing. two different characters.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By TERMINATORXX

I would wonder how storm could actually hurt swamp thing?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By YoungJustice

@CitzenBane There is no resurrection for Swamp Thing. Mind Transference falls under that.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Billy Batson

No resurrection for Swamp Thing? lol wut.
BB

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By No_Trolling

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@CitizenBane said:

QFT.

@Billy Batson said:

No resurrection for Swamp Thing? lol wut.
BB

That's what i'm saying ?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Saren

@YoungJustice said:

@CitzenBane There is no resurrection for Swamp Thing. Mind Transference falls under that.

No mind transference, no reforming, no regeneration, no resurrection.......

So......this is basically Storm vs Swamp Thing without 90% of his ability to defend himself?

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By greenteaforme

What's stopping her from flash freezing him?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By YoungJustice

bump

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#64  Edited By BatWatch

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Perhaps my knowledge of Swamp Thing is too limited, but I can't see anything other that Storm dominating in this match. Does Swamp Thing even have any long distance powers? Couldn't Storm just float and fry?

He can grow wings, yeah.

Can he fly well? Storm is pretty maneuverable. He would need considerable speed to dodge Storm's attacks. The issue is not being faster than lightning but being faster than Storm's perceptions.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Saren

@PsychoKnights said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PsychoKnights said:

He can grow wings, yeah.

Can he fly well? Storm is pretty maneuverable. He would need considerable speed to dodge Storm's attacks. The issue is not being faster than lightning but being faster than Storm's perceptions.

He doesn't really do all that much flying. I don't think Storm's speed would be a problem at all. He's connected to all plant life even if it's not in his line of sight, like plants on the other side of the planet or even on other planets. She could dodge and fly as far as she wanted, but he could grow himself out of her body in a few seconds if he wanted to, no matter where she went. Nor is he a particularly fast character, so before all the restrictions on his regeneration and so on, I'd have said that he could just stand around and tank/get past whatever Storm throws at him, and then take her down at his leisure. Now with his mind transference and such removed, Storm could probably trap him somewhere or destroy his body and leave him incapacitated.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By Lvenger

Since most of Swamp Thing's abilities have been limited in this fight, it's likely Storm will take it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#67  Edited By BatWatch

@CitizenBane said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PsychoKnights said:

He can grow wings, yeah.

He doesn't really do all that much flying. I don't think Storm's speed would be a problem at all. He's connected to all plant life even if it's not in his line of sight, like plants on the other side of the planet or even on other planets. She could dodge and fly as far as she wanted, but he could grow himself out of her body in a few seconds if he wanted to, no matter where she went. Nor is he a particularly fast character, so before all the restrictions on his regeneration and so on, I'd have said that he could just stand around and tank/get past whatever Storm throws at him, and then take her down at his leisure. Now with his mind transference and such removed, Storm could probably trap him somewhere or destroy his body and leave him incapacitated.

The microbe bit is pretty cool. I noticed that tidbit in other comments, but I guess that doesn't hold up because this is the New 52 version. Thanks for the info though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
deactivated-5c70e557be5ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm uses her weather powers to destroy all the green.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

st

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm wins here rather easily. 2 factors secures her win. Her ability to be completely intuned with nature - this means there would be no place swamp thing could hide from her. Plus with this ability Storm has been shown to be able to communitcate with plant life. Secondly Storm can flash freeze. Pulling from the outer most atmosphere. She has done this countless times no plant life can survive that and she can do it on a massive scale. As she has shown before instantly. Its doubtful that swamp thing could grow inside her body.

Storm would know like she did with the brood and hit herself with enough energy to destroy the growth. But one good lightning bolt should do it.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

St

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has absolutely no way to harm ST. ST stomps.

Avatar image for donotdenyyourfate
Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp thing stomps

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp Thing.

MatvelBo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm gets stomped

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp thing is like high skyfather💀

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_ can you lock this once again cruelrain is bumping spite threads

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp Thing should win rather easily. His stats are still too vast for Storm to be able to take out in the speed that she needs, given his regenerative abilities and durability. On the other hand, there doesn’t seem to be a reason why ST couldn’t just one tap her once he gets close enough, Storm keeps her distance but would still get taken out once she gets lunged at.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AFAIK Swamp Thing is some sort of Eldritch Abomination that is the embodiment of all plant life in the universe? And he can regenerate and control plants pretty much at will? Yeah, I'm not really seeing what Storm can do to him here.