THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Zoom said:
Hmmm...I was under the impression this fight would be taking place on earth since Storm couldn't survive outside of a breatheable atmosphere. If it's in space then it would be an easy battle for SF since Storm would likely die. But if, it's in an earth environment, I don't think SF could take her. I also don't see how she is going to land the first hit. She would be struggling to fly through winds that Storm could easily manipulate to move SF where she wanted. And Storm could dodge starbolts or block them with lightning.

To my knowledge, SF has not been able to absorbed lightning before, it's completely different energy from solar and ultraviolet radiation. I would need proof that she could absorb lightning. SF is more durable than Storm, though not totally invulnerable. She could not withstand being struck by lightning repeatedly or being slammed into the ground at hundreds of miles per hour by tornado or hurricane force wind or being crushed by air pressure. 
stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By stormlover1994

Starfire will attack first so she wins, people stop bringin old threads back to life......

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

That's very speculative. There is no proof that she would attack first. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155  Edited By Zoom
@Morpheus_ said:
"Good one; I was far more fond of it while younger, though. My favourite:

The best though, is this:

Casablanca
Casablanca

or:

The Godfather
The Godfather
"

All very good movies.  Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones with Raiders being a very very close second.

@Thunderbolt
Space?  Did I say something about space lol?

I don't think Storm can dodge a starbolt or block a starbolt.  They move at mach speeds and they start pretty freaking close.  Storm is good but she's not that good.
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Zoom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Good one; I was far more fond of it while younger, though. My favourite:

The best though, is this:

Casablanca
Casablanca

or:

The Godfather
The Godfather
"
All very good movies.  Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones with Raiders being a very very close second.@ThunderboltSpace?  Did I say something about space lol?I don't think Storm can dodge a starbolt or block a starbolt.  They move at mach speeds and they start pretty freaking close.  Storm is good but she's not that good. "
Kingdom of Crystal Skull FTW
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Zoom

Ugh.  Tell me you're joking.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#158  Edited By Caligula

not anwering this, what the hell is up with all this Storm-mania BS, when did she get so popular, last i checked she was a damn footnote of a heroe so why?
I am being serious.
I really want to know what caused this.

...Storm is okay, but the recognition she gets on these boards amazes me, according to all of you she may as well be Supes or Dr.Manhattan

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Zoom

Storm has been really popular for awhile.

If you think about it, there are really only like 5 commonly known female superheroes: Supergirl, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Elektra and Storm.  Wonder Woman was originally a bondage fetish and has never been a character that women can relate to.  Supergirl and Batgirl look a lot like Superman and Batman knock offs to people who don't read comics which doesn't make them that popular either.  Elektra is more obscure and violent.

Then you have Storm, a completely unique character who is powerful both in a fight and in terms of personality.  She leads the team half the time and has been in multiple cartoons and live action movies.  She's a long time member of the X-Men and the MA Avengers and has appeared in a dozen video games.

I'd say Storm is hands down the most popular female comic book character and has been for at least a decade.

That said, I agree that there are a lot of people on this site who overestimate her quite a bit.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Johnny_Blazed said:
Kingdom of Crystal Skull FTW "
You have still much to learn...
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

I'm going to say.... Storm ^^ lol

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#162  Edited By Theracles

Storm.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Zoom said:
"Storm has been really popular for awhile.If you think about it, there are really only like 5 commonly known female superheroes: Supergirl, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Elektra and Storm.  Wonder Woman was originally a bondage fetish and has never been a character that women can relate to.  Supergirl and Batgirl look a lot like Superman and Batman knock offs to people who don't read comics which doesn't make them that popular either.  Elektra is more obscure and violent.Then you have Storm, a completely unique character who is powerful both in a fight and in terms of personality.  She leads the team half the time and has been in multiple cartoons and live action movies.  She's a long time member of the X-Men and the MA Avengers and has appeared in a dozen video games.I'd say Storm is hands down the most popular female comic book character and has been for at least a decade.That said, I agree that there are a lot of people on this site who overestimate her quite a bit. "
...................................I agree with everything you said. 
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
Kingdom of Crystal Skull FTW "
You have still much to learn... "

@Zoom said:
" Ugh.  Tell me you're joking. "

Don't worry...I am
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165  Edited By Sparda
@Zoom said:
"All very good movies.  Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones with Raiders being a very very close second. "
While I would reverse those two positions, I'm glad to see Last Crusade getting some damn credit. That movie is underrated.....nobody ever talks about it compared to the others in the series (which is a shame, since it's superior to Temple of Doom and I'd rather watch it than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull).
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
While I would reverse those two positions, I'm glad to see Last Crusade getting some damn credit. That movie is underrated.....nobody ever talks about it compared to the others in the series (which is a shame, since it's superior to Temple of Doom and I'd rather watch it than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull). "
I wouldn't really call it underrated...It's a very nice film, and its entertainment value increases with each viewing. Connery is superb, and his chemistry with Ford is undeniable. But I believe that it is already regarded as the second best Indy film, and the only one with quality rivalling that of ROTLA.  And it is considered second, because it follows (with a few variations) the same plot as ROTLA (which works quite fine - many great sequels used same plotlines as their originals). People tend to give more credit to the real thing.It's also near the top 100 in IMDB's top 250. I think it is neither overrated, nor underrated. It is exactly where it belongs.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
While I would reverse those two positions, I'm glad to see Last Crusade getting some damn credit. That movie is underrated.....nobody ever talks about it compared to the others in the series (which is a shame, since it's superior to Temple of Doom and I'd rather watch it than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull). "
I wouldn't really call it underrated...It's a very nice film, and its entertainment value increases with each viewing. Connery is superb, and his chemistry with Ford is undeniable. But I believe that it is already regarded as the second best Indy film, and the only one with quality rivalling that of ROTLA.  And it is considered second, because it follows (with a few variations) the same plot as ROTLA (which works quite fine - many great sequels used same plotlines as their originals). People tend to give more credit to the real thing.It's also near the top 100 in IMDB's top 250. I think it is neither overrated, nor underrated. It is exactly where it belongs. "
Huh. Maybe. I don't really go to IMDB that much.

It just seems that when people talk about Indy films, it's usually Raiders-then Kingdom, and then Temple of Doom. It's like everybody skipped Crusade or something.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
I wouldn't really call it underrated...It's a very nice film, and its entertainment value increases with each viewing. Connery is superb, and his chemistry with Ford is undeniable. But I believe that it is already regarded as the second best Indy film, and the only one with quality rivalling that of ROTLA.  And it is considered second, because it follows (with a few variations) the same plot as ROTLA (which works quite fine - many great sequels used same plotlines as their originals). People tend to give more credit to the real thing.It's also near the top 100 in IMDB's top 250. I think it is neither overrated, nor underrated. It is exactly where it belongs. "
Huh. Maybe. I don't really go to IMDB that much.It just seems that when people talk about Indy films, it's usually Raiders-then Kingdom, and then Temple of Doom. It's like everybody skipped Crusade or something. "
Whoever talks about Kingdom over any other Indy film is out of his mind; I am of the impression that it's Temple of Doom which is underrated (from the original three), People praise the first and the third, and dismiss the second as a darker and not enough "Indiana Jonesesque" type of film. It surely resembles an Indy film the least of the originals. But still it puts 90% of the current adventure films to shame.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
"Whoever talks about Kingdom over any other Indy film is out of his mind; I am of the impression that it's Temple of Doom which is underrated (from the original three), People praise the first and the third, and dismiss the second as a darker and not enough "Indiana Jonesesque" type of film. It surely resembles an Indy film the least of the originals. But still it puts 90% of the current adventure films to shame. "
I personally think that all of the Indiana Jones movies put just about any other adventure movie to shame.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Whoever talks about Kingdom over any other Indy film is out of his mind; I am of the impression that it's Temple of Doom which is underrated (from the original three), People praise the first and the third, and dismiss the second as a darker and not enough "Indiana Jonesesque" type of film. It surely resembles an Indy film the least of the originals. But still it puts 90% of the current adventure films to shame. "
I personally think that all of the Indiana Jones movies put just about any other adventure movie to shame. "
I wouldn't be so dismissive, but I agree for the greatest part. Indiana is one of the greatest film characters of all time. His adventures are among the most pleasant films I have seen so far, and I regularly see ROTLA and TLC once, or twice a year. Too bad that such great a hero should have such a bitter swansong...
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
"I wouldn't be so dismissive, but I agree for the greatest part. Indiana is one of the greatest film characters of all time. His adventures are among the most pleasant films I have seen so far, and I regularly see ROTLA and TLC once, or twice a year. Too bad that such great a hero should have such a bitter swansong... "
Once or twice a year? Dude, I watch them once or twice a month! Okay, maybe not :P

I don't know, I thought that Kingdom was better than Temple (in comparison to the rest of the series, I didn't think Temple was too good. Maybe it was Willie. By god, that woman was annoying), but not as good as the other two. There's Indy 5 coming, I just hope they do that well.

(Lol, look how far we've derailed this topic xD)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"I wouldn't be so dismissive, but I agree for the greatest part. Indiana is one of the greatest film characters of all time. His adventures are among the most pleasant films I have seen so far, and I regularly see ROTLA and TLC once, or twice a year. Too bad that such great a hero should have such a bitter swansong... "
Once or twice a year? Dude, I watch them once or twice a month! Okay, maybe not :PI don't know, I thought that Kingdom was better than Temple (in comparison to the rest of the series, I didn't think Temple was too good. Maybe it was Willie. By god, that woman was annoying), but not as good as the other two. There's Indy 5 coming, I just hope they do that well.(Lol, look how far we've derailed this topic xD) "
Who cares about derailing...Zoom just gives his opinion here and all the rest are just regulars, shouting about Storm...I agree about some characters being annoying in TTOD. But upon rewatching it, you get used to it...Also, there was a thread about Indy vs Lara Croft recently. What do you make of it?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
"Who cares about derailing...Zoom just gives his opinion here and all the rest are just regulars, shouting about Storm...I agree about some characters being annoying in TTOD. But upon rewatching it, you get used to it...Also, there was a thread about Indy vs Lara Croft recently. What do you make of it? "
They're pretty much the same character.....except Indy uses his fists a lot more. For classic's sake, I'd go with Indy.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Who cares about derailing...Zoom just gives his opinion here and all the rest are just regulars, shouting about Storm...I agree about some characters being annoying in TTOD. But upon rewatching it, you get used to it...Also, there was a thread about Indy vs Lara Croft recently. What do you make of it? "
They're pretty much the same character.....except Indy uses his fists a lot more. For classic's sake, I'd go with Indy. "
For classic's sake, I went with Indy as well; but I pointed out that it would probably end in sex...Indy is notorious when it comes to leading ladies.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
They're pretty much the same character.....except Indy uses his fists a lot more. For classic's sake, I'd go with Indy. "
For classic's sake, I went with Indy as well; but I pointed out that it would probably end in sex...Indy is notorious when it comes to leading ladies. "
Oh, totally. They'd probably take a few shots at eachother, he catches her fist or something, impulse kiss, and then straight to bed.

Yeah, I can see that.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
For classic's sake, I went with Indy as well; but I pointed out that it would probably end in sex...Indy is notorious when it comes to leading ladies. "
Oh, totally. They'd probably take a few shots at eachother, he catches her fist or something, impulse kiss, and then straight to bed.Yeah, I can see that. "
Good talking to you Sparda. Even though it had nothing to do with the thread, as you said earlier.It's nice to see there are Indiana Jones fans around.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Sparda
@Morpheus_ said:
"Good talking to you Sparda. Even though it had nothing to do with the thread, as you said earlier.It's nice to see there are Indiana Jones fans around. "
Yeah, you too dude. It's always nice to converse on mutual topic.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Zoom
@Sparda said:
"@Zoom said:
"All very good movies.  Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones with Raiders being a very very close second. "
While I would reverse those two positions, I'm glad to see Last Crusade getting some damn credit. That movie is underrated.....nobody ever talks about it compared to the others in the series (which is a shame, since it's superior to Temple of Doom and I'd rather watch it than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull)."
Just about everybody I talk to says Raiders > Crusade > Temple > Skull.
I agree that the top two are superior to the others.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Zoom said:
" @Sparda said:
"@Zoom said:
While I would reverse those two positions, I'm glad to see Last Crusade getting some damn credit. That movie is underrated.....nobody ever talks about it compared to the others in the series (which is a shame, since it's superior to Temple of Doom and I'd rather watch it than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull)."
Just about everybody I talk to says Raiders > Crusade > Temple > Skull.I agree that the top two are superior to the others. "
I surely agree with that. But I believe TOD to be leagues above KOTCS.

young ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By young ghost

ummmmmmmmmmm its hard but storm 3/5

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Zoom
@Morpheus_ said:
"I surely agree with that. But I believe TOD to be leagues above KOTCS."

Well that goes without saying :-D

Starfire 5/5
sifsclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By sifsclub
@Vance Astro:
what is BFR ?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By AtPhantom
@sifsclub said:
" @Vance Astro: what is BFR ? "
Battle field removal.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#184  Edited By vuviper
@Valor said:
" Starfire wins but not easily. Nice pics by the way. "
Those are actually my favorite pics of both of them
Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

I think Kory would win.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#186  Edited By vuviper

Just so people know:
solar surface temp 5777K
lightning temp 30000K
Solar core temp 15000000K

titansfan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By titansfan01

I think Storm would win, but I like Starfire better! Storm could use the wind to jostle Starfire around and hit her with some lighting bolts!
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#188  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Starfire.
@John Valentine said:

" Starfire would club Storm to death with her amazing boobs. "
LOL.
maxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By maxima

its funny the guy claims he has a storm folder but never uploads anything 2 help storm in this battle.starfire wins . strength, and combat training from okaarans
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By RLAAMJR

@White Mage said:

" Gambler said:

"Just one last thing. Heres the scan of Storm dodging Cyclops. Now, for whatever reason he's using little scatter shots. If he had just used one large sweeping blast she would have been toast. Either its A. Bad Writing, or B. He was holding back cause she's an X-Men.

caption
caption

"

Why is she flipping?!  She can move at inhuman speeds!!  Does she not have her powers or something?  Don't get me wrong, as a Storm fan (this may be just the opposite for Cyclops fans) I'm happy she's dodging him.  But as someone who does know of Cyclops large beam ability, I am lead to believe that it's one of three options. 
1. What Gambler said

2. What Gambler said

3. She's fast

I'll have to go for a 2 and 3 mixture.  But for an ACTUAL fight, if both of them went at it, and Storm dodged his shots, I wouldn't be surprised. 

"
It's because  it would be easier to hit Storm with scattered blast though Storm still managed to dodge all of those.  Just imagine you using a flashlight, it would be more predictable where Cyclops blast is heading. 

Anyway, Starfire using three suns or three planets is nothing compared to Storm summoning the energies of the entire galactic core. Storm's feat  is greater.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Zoom
@maxima said:
"its funny the guy claims he has a storm folder but never uploads anything 2 help storm in this battle.starfire wins . strength, and combat training from okaarans "

Don't bump year old curbstomp threads.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@maxima said:
"its funny the guy claims he has a storm folder but never uploads anything 2 help storm in this battle.starfire wins . strength, and combat training from okaarans "

Sweetie, you are 5 months too late.  Let dead threads stay dead. 

@Zoom said:

"@maxima said:
Don't bump year old curbstomp threads. "

I always did love you 
@sa5m said:
" @White Mage said:

Storm and Starfire are not on the same level.  They cannot be compared because Storm is above her.

I beleive they are more even but Starfire a litte more "

Depends on how they are being compared.   

coraPVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starfire takes a majority