Storm vs Spider-man

imblackjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By imblackjames

fight takes place in Boston storms on a the street and spidey is  on a building they start 50 meters apart

storm can fly and can ONLY use the lightning from her hands otherwise standard gear

No Caption Provided
morals on who wins?
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By termiteone4ever

Storm Got this . :) Spider man is one of my fav but strom would take him. too much powers agaist him :(  
  i don't see him getting a chance to hit her.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Matezoide2

I'll go with Spider-Man just for the sake of it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

if Storm can only use her lightning then Spidey avoids her and KOs her pretty easily.
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Storm's got this one in the bag 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Silver2467

Mismatch. 

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lord_oraculous016

Storm..

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Matezoide2

frankly,Storm only got lighting,what makes her different than Electro?

with the exception she is smarter and cant control metal

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

If Storm can only use lightning from her hands, then i am sorry, she can't take Spidey.  Spidey is faster, stronger, has spider sense, webs, etc., etc.   

If all she is doing is throwing lightning from her hands, then that isn't anything Spidey can't tackle and hasn't dealt with before.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kagetaicho

despite the nerf, Storm wins. Despite his reaction time, Spidey simply lacks the speed to dodge lightning at 50 meters. his max movement speed on the ground is about 35 mph.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matezoide2
@kagetaicho said:

" despite the nerf, Storm wins. Despite his reaction time, Spidey simply lacks the speed to dodge lightning at 50 meters. his max movement speed on the ground is about 35 mph. "

he can still swing around the city,wich enables him to move faster than bullets
his ground speed is irrelevant,he can react to the danger and move out of harm's way before the lighting hits him,he doesnt have to dodge lighting,only Storm's aim
and morals apply,she wont go all out against him 
his web can also take eletricity and he has been eletrocuted in the past plenty times without going down

in fact,he could probaly sneak on Storm

Spider-Man wins here
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wyldsong
@kagetaicho said:
" despite the nerf, Storm wins. Despite his reaction time, Spidey simply lacks the speed to dodge lightning at 50 meters. his max movement speed on the ground is about 35 mph. "
Spidey casually dodges bullets, and has been shown to be able to dodge energy blasts, Electro's electric blasts, and I could swear I saw a scan of him dodging Moonstone's mental abilities by moving faster than she could track him.  Spidey sense plus his speed for the win here.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Matezoide2
@Wyldsong said:

" @kagetaicho said:

Spidey casually dodges bullets, and has been shown to be able to dodge energy blasts, Electro's electric blasts, and I could swear I saw a scan of him dodging Moonstone's mental abilities by moving faster than she could track him.  Spidey sense plus his speed for the win here. "
this
whats the point of power when you cant hit your opponent?
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock
@Buckshot: LOL.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matezoide2
@Buckshot: 
epic
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467

So, people are arguing that SpiderMan can dodge lightning? Lightning moves around half the speed of light. SpiderMan could dodge bullets all day long and in his sleep, but I have never seen him demonstrate reflexive capability on that level. 

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wyldsong
@Silver2467 said:
" So, people are arguing that SpiderMan can dodge lightning? Lightning moves around half the speed of light. SpiderMan could dodge bullets all day long and in his sleep, but I have never seen him demonstrate reflexive capability on that level.  "
Alright, you are trying to bring reality into a comic book scenario, but with his spider sense, he will most likely react and be out of the way before she can even fire a shot.  Besides, again, if he can dodge Electro and other energy blasters, then he can dodge Storm.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467 said:
" So, people are arguing that SpiderMan can dodge lightning? Lightning moves around half the speed of light. SpiderMan could dodge bullets all day long and in his sleep, but I have never seen him demonstrate reflexive capability on that level.  "
Well, he has dodged lightning from Electro multiple times. However, I don't think that lightning is actually that fast.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
You mean all those times he fought Electro he wasn't dodging electricity?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Magian

After some research a lightning can travel at 22,000 mph.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By kagetaicho
@Wyldsong: true but bullets are hardly lightning. the bullet moves near to 5x the speed of sound (speed of sound = approx 770 mph) however lightning moves typically between 100-1000 miles per second. Realistically, he couldn't even react to it much less dodge it. Also what would he do if she went airborne? All he could do then is use his web (provided she doesn't fly too high)
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:

Spider-Man doenst have to out-react the lighting,just keep moving so fast Storm can not aim at him,most street-levels do that against bullets
also
  Btw,can anyone tell me who's the chick?
  Btw,can anyone tell me who's the chick?

No Caption Provided

again,Storm will be holding back,she wont unleash on Spidey like Electro does

@kagetaicho:
not at all,he can use web-swing and use the inertia to reach Storm
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
 @Wyldsong said: 
Alright, you are trying to bring reality into a comic book scenario, but with his spider sense, he will most likely react and be out of the way before she can even fire a shot.  Besides, again, if he can dodge Electro and other energy blasters, then he can dodge Storm. "
Electro=/=Storm. Electro manipulates electrical energy; he does not produce lightning. Different powers, different scenario. The only case that could be made to discredit my point is if the lightning from her hands does not travel as fast as ordinary lightning. My understanding had always been that it does, but I could be wrong. 
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark Magik
@Buckshot said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wyldsong
@kagetaicho said:
" @Wyldsong: true but bullets are hardly lightning. the bullet moves near to 5x the speed of sound (speed of sound = approx 770 mph) however lightning moves typically between 100-1000 miles per second. Realistically, he couldn't even react to it much less dodge it. Also what would he do if she went airborne? All he could do then is use his web (provided she doesn't fly too high) "
She has human level reaction and speed.  Spidey is faster period. 

So, since she is firing lightning from her hands, she has to aim and shoot.  Spidey with his precog senses (aka Spidey Sense) reacts and moves.  True, she can fly, but Spidey has fought fliers before and come out on top.  We are in a city, he has buildings, plus webs, plus speed.  I think Spidey is fast enough to tag her with a web or two.   

Now,  beyond dodging bullets, what about other energy blasters he has been able to dodge.  Have you calculated the speeds of their blasts versus lightning and bullets? And what is the difference between the speeds of what Electro can throw (from his hands I might add) and what Storm will be throwing.  Fact of the matter, Storm is for all intents and purposes neutered here.  Spidey takes it period.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matezoide2
@Dark Magik said:

" @Buckshot said:

"

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"
he could have killed her if he wanted to or even punched her again as she said ''You dare?''  before she could even react

exactly why cant Spider-Man sneak on Storm? they are fighting in a city
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark Magik said:
" @Buckshot said:
"

"

"

HA Excellent
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Matezoide2
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @Dark Magik said:
" @Buckshot said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"
HA Excellent "
he still could have KO'ed or attacked her again :P
Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30  Edited By Fresh0133
@Buckshot said:
"

"

Lol, this, Spidey's got her outmatched.
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Matezoide:
He Probabilty could have but i still loved Scan none the less
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wyldsong
@Silver2467 said:
"  @Wyldsong said: 
Alright, you are trying to bring reality into a comic book scenario, but with his spider sense, he will most likely react and be out of the way before she can even fire a shot.  Besides, again, if he can dodge Electro and other energy blasters, then he can dodge Storm. "
Electro=/=Storm. Electro manipulates electrical energy; he does not produce lightning. Different powers, different scenario. The only case that could be made to discredit my point is if the lightning from her hands does not travel as fast as ordinary lightning. My understanding had always been that it does, but I could be wrong.  "
But to discredit your point is that Storm has human level speed and reaction.  I explained above, but what is the speed of her lightning versus other energy blasters he has dodged? 

We are talking about aiming at and trying to hit a speedy partial precog. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Matezoide2
" @Matezoide: He Probabilty could have but i still loved Scan none the less "
it was prety funny,indeed :P
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Magik
@Matezoide said:
" @Dark Magik said:

" @Buckshot said:

"

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"
he could have killed her if he wanted to or even punched her again as she said ''You dare?''  before she could even react exactly why cant Spider-Man sneak on Storm? they are fighting in a city "
I'm well aware of that fact. But the context of the reason why he did that punch was to break her out of a trance. And it just irks me when people post just that part.

Then she should have more than enough time to fly out of his reach.
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"  @Wyldsong said: 
Electro=/=Storm. Electro manipulates electrical energy; he does not produce lightning. Different powers, different scenario. The only case that could be made to discredit my point is if the lightning from her hands does not travel as fast as ordinary lightning. My understanding had always been that it does, but I could be wrong.  "
But to discredit your point is that Storm has human level speed and reaction.  I explained above, but what is the speed of her lightning versus other energy blasters he has dodged?  We are talking about aiming at and trying to hit a speedy partial precog.  "

Storm can fly in this match up so that evens the out on the speed level
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silver2467
@ComicMan24 said:
" After some research a lightning can travel at 22,000 mph. "
Much faster than that. I have no idea where you got this statistic from, but it travels far faster. 

@Matezoide said: 
he still could have KO'ed or attacked her again :P "
That one punch should have KO'd her, but that was non-canon anyway. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:

@Matezoide said: 

That one punch should have KO'd her, but that was non-canon anyway.  "
he didnt want to fight her,he wanted to break her out from a trance :P

@Dark Magik said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Dark Magik said:

" @Buckshot said:

"

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"
he could have killed her if he wanted to or even punched her again as she said ''You dare?''  before she could even react exactly why cant Spider-Man sneak on Storm? they are fighting in a city "
I'm well aware of that fact. But the context of the reason why he did that punch was to break her out of a trance. And it just irks me when people post just that part.

Then she should have more than enough time to fly out of his reach. "

he can move faster than she can react.HA!

and most people are aware he wanted to help her,we just post it for 3 reasons
1) Spider-Man is awesome
2) Storm hating has gotten somewhat popular because of trolls
3) it is funny
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wyldsong
" @Wyldsong said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"  @Wyldsong said: 
But to discredit your point is that Storm has human level speed and reaction.  I explained above, but what is the speed of her lightning versus other energy blasters he has dodged?  We are talking about aiming at and trying to hit a speedy partial precog.  "
Storm can fly in this match up so that evens the out on the speed level "
Flying fast doesn't even this up.  She has to be able to react as well.  I can get in a car and drive fast, doesn't mean driving fast makes me react any faster.
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dark Magik
@Silver2467 said:

" @ComicMan24 said:

Much faster than that. I have no idea where you got this statistic from, but it travels far faster. 

I got 270,000.
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dark Magik
@Matezoide said:
" @Silver2467 said:

@Matezoide said: 

That one punch should have KO'd her, but that was non-canon anyway.  "
he didnt want to fight her,he wanted to break her out from a trance :P

@Dark Magik said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Dark Magik said:

" @Buckshot said:

"

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"

Then she should have more than enough time to fly out of his reach. "
he can move faster than she can react.HA!  and most people are aware he wanted to help her,we just post it for 3 reasons 1) Spider-Man is awesome 2) Storm hating has gotten somewhat popular because of trolls 3) it is funny "
Speed of light! lol.

1)AGREED!
2)And I was always there to squash them when it got too out of hand.
3) So is her getting hit in the face with a pie. Don't see that image getting posted that much. lol.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silver2467
@Wyldsong said: 
Already been addressed by someone else. If the lightning from her hands is not as fast or even as powerful as regular lightning is, then I was wrong. If so, I have a hard time seeing SpiderMan win this. 
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @Wyldsong said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"  @Wyldsong said: 
Storm can fly in this match up so that evens the out on the speed level "
Flying fast doesn't even this up.  She has to be able to react as well.  I can get in a car and drive fast, doesn't mean driving fast makes me react any faster. "

Not reaction Time wise but how will spidey Hit a speeding Flying Woman that is if she can get up in the Air before he strikes
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Magian
@Silver2467: Perhaps but half lightspeed seems a bit too much to me. I will research mire.
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark Magik
@Silver2467 said:
" @Wyldsong said: 
Already been addressed by someone else. If the lightning from her hands is not as fast or even as powerful as regular lightning is, then I was wrong. If so, I have a hard time seeing SpiderMan win this.  "
How much power is enough?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Matezoide2
@Dark Magik: 
1) of course
2) nice :D
3) Spider-Man >>>>>>>>>>> Pie
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silver2467
@Dark Magik said:
" @Silver2467 said:

" @ComicMan24 said:

I got 270,000. "
270000 what? MPH, MPS, FPS?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@ComicMan24 said:
You got that from Wikipedia. You know better than that. LOL.
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dark Magik
@Silver2467 said:
" @Dark Magik said:
" @Silver2467 said:

" @ComicMan24 said:

I got 270,000. "
270000 what? MPH, MPS, FPS? "
Sorry Silver MPH.
Dark Magik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dark Magik
@Matezoide 
BUT IT'S PIE!