#1 Posted by BlitzSikes (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Place - Tournament of Power

Distance 20 meters

616 versions

Gear - Bleeding Edge

Restrictions - None

KO or Death

#2 Edited by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman wins, but storm could have a chance if he doesn’t blitz her first. I don’t know any of iron man speed feats.

#4 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: how other than a speedblitz? Care to post something to back your claim up?

#5 Edited by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman koes her.

#7 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: that’s called PIS anyways Storm is completely immune to that mess now if you catch her off guard of not. Also before the immunity she was tanking terrawatts merely stun, so this is pis.

War machine and I think juggernaut Colossus was barely able to withstand her winds.

#8 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS, PIS everywhere. The goddess cannot lose otherwise.

#9 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2735 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man blitzes her

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#10 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man murderstomps, been done.

#11 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: of course he has speed on his side, while storm’s speed been inconsistent from varies reason.

#13 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: of course he has speed on his side, while storm’s speed been inconsistent from varies reason.

He has EVERYTHING on his side.

#14 Posted by Noone1996 (13055 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps. This is a mismatch of epic proportions. She cannot hurt him while he can casually KO her with a finger flick before she even realizes what happened. She's a glass cannon and super slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#15 Edited by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lord on top of that you also gave him the Bleeding Edge armor for this fight ..

#16 Posted by comic_book_fan (12016 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: this is garbage no matter what side of the argument your on i geuess all spidey needs for electro is a tazer keychain lol.

storm is immune to  electricity so yeah debunked
storm is immune to electricity so yeah debunked

#17 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: yeah she can’t hurt with him lightning or anything else electrical base attack. I agree with the glass cannon part, but is she not super slow. Unless you’re going by Ironman speed standard then she is. @supremegeneration: like what other than speed and strength. If he doesn’t blitz her right off the back, she could have a chance. You know she isn’t only limited to lightning right?

#18 Posted by Jestersmiles (9827 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#19 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12960 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: like what other than speed and strength. If he doesn’t blitz her right off the back, she could have a chance. You know she isn’t only limited to lightning right?

Aside from out of character internal attacks, all Stark has to do is finger-flick her. One repulsor from the 20 meters in the OP and she's dead too.

She can't win.

#20 Posted by TheTruthIII (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps

#21 Posted by Noone1996 (13055 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody have any other instances of Storm being "immune" to electricity? Because apparently there is 1-1 scans that have been posted for and against that notion. Allow me to even that number out a bit:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Now it seems to be 3-1 in regards to her "immunity".

#22 Posted by Noone1996 (13055 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Considering the fact that virtually every character from street level and above can do what she has speed-wise, then I'd say it's really not all that impressive. If Tony wants to, she won't see him. However, he doesn't even need to move like that since her attacks have been ineffective against him many times in the past already.

#23 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: well this is bloodlusted but I really wasn’t going for internal attacks. I was gonna say she control other energies. What is his repulsor made of and how fast does it go. She was able to block Cyclops blast.

(I know she doesn’t win this battle. I’m saying she has the power to take him on if stats was equal)

#24 Edited by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: when we’re those scans ?was it before her solos series? Even then those are PIS. She has taken far worst than that.

Also why use a scan with red hulk in it? Remember storm lightning can’t hurt hulk? What makes you think this isn’t PIS. He took far worst too.

#25 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: also you do know a street leveler reaction speed can reach subsonic to MHS+ right? Reaction speeds have nothing to do with power.

#26 Edited by Noone1996 (13055 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: The first one is from that Black Panther and Doom storyline where Latveria is taking control of Wakanda's vibranium. Pretty sure this is a story that you Storm fans are somewhat familiar with. The second scan shows AIM scientists using Ant-Man's wasp stings (still electricity) to take out Storm. Yes, it takes out Rulk too (since they attack his inner ear and brain), but if she was immune then wouldn't those attacks be ineffective against her? Not buying it that she's immune. Never been stated anywhere. Even in the very scan that's posted about her "being immune", she grunts out in pain from it, but to be fair I'll give that one to you. Still, consistency doesn't agree with the notion that she's 'immune'. If I dug further I could probably find more. Come to think of it, I do recall Juggernaut deflecting her lightning bolt back at her which also harmed her (to say the least):

No Caption Provided

...considering it KO's her.

So I guess it's actually 4-1 now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#27 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#28 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman.

#29 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I gotcha, I had a feeling it was that storyline but I had to be sure. Anyways on topic back then Storm had a high resistant to electrical attacks. They could hurt here if she’s not prepared for them, but it would not kill her. As you tell Storm is able to strike herself with raw lightning unaffected and even produce lightning out of her body with her metabolism. She has take on the full use of the electromagnetic field, electrical field, lightning bolt to repair earths electromagnetic field and more unaffected. She also tanked terrawatts and survived her own amped lightning from space.

In her solo series she obviously pretended to be hurt to get Castillo weapon. She even stated way before she can blow that pole away with a thought. Castillo thought she hurt her, but Storm let her know it didn’t. It’s all context. Also the juggernaut one was her issue. Her powers were undeveloped and all she did was cry.

#31 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, this thread makes me nostalgic...

#32 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: that was Storm lightning Castillo hit back at her. Let me know when WM taser save the world multiple times and is above sentinels tasers that can reach terrawatts that merely stun storm.

You do PIS is a thing right? I would not complain if he defeated her strength or another weapon, but a taser come on now. She took far worst.

#33 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6328 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey:

I think we are all waiting for more proof of her supposed immunity...

#35 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey:

So basically, your only proof is that Storm... is immune to her own lightning?

#36 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is electricity and Storm's immunity to it even discussed? The point of War Machine effortlessly beating Storm isn't that she got taken down by the taser, it's that he utilized his absolute weakest attack while he tanked her most frequent in-character offensive strike. Anything more powerful than a taser (repulsors, bullets) and Storm is knocked out or dead.

They can both tag the other - one of them can withstand it, the other can't. It's truly as simple as that.

#37 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: it’s not Storm’s lightning she was borrowing electrical energy from around her. The rod kept abosorbing all of Storm blast. Storm herself stated she can blow it apart with a thought. Her plan was to let Castillo blast her and think she is down. Afterwards she would grab the staff, but it didn’t go as planned. She got smacked off guard by some people in robes. Also Storm lightning isn’t weak, if that’s what you’re inferring.

#38 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: it’s dicussed because that moment was PIS when she took far worst and even a more powerful taser.

Also he really didn’t tank storm lighting he went down too.

Also he struggled a lot with her winds.

#39 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey:

I'm saying that the ability to absorb energy of your own creation is not necessarily an indicator that you can tank it from other sources - especially when this is the only example you have posted so far.

#40 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: It's discussed because you don't like the outcome of the fight. Nothing more.

#41 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: didn’t I state several time Ironman would win? Scroll up if you want. As I stated she doesn’t have the speed to contend with him, if she did it would be closer because she’s not weak.

All you have to do is look up. Anyways I’ve been debating on that PIS feat.

#42 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: she is still able to tank natural lightning when she calls it down.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#43 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5746 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps, there is literally no way Storm can handle Bleeding Edge. Also lol at the whole Storm tanking her own lightning thing. Iron Man's arsenal is extremely vast so even if she could absorb some of his energy weapons, she is not absorbing missiles, sonics, or anything like that.

#44 Posted by RobertMiles1 (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Heavy boots of lead

Fills his victims full of dread

Running as fast as they can

Iron Man lives again! Hhhyyeeaaaahhhh

#45 Posted by Britain (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#46 Posted by BlitzSikes (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@britain: you seem to be an outlier here, care to explain? Would love to hear your view point

#48 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey:

So you are saying that she can tank lightning when she knows it's coming or it's of her own making.

Got it.

#49 Posted by XLR87T3 (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-man is super slow. Even Thor can easily tag him and catch him.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#50 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just gonna leave this link here for people who are completely misunderstood about Storm's history of tanking electrocity/lightning. There is absolutly no reason that tazers would hurt her.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm/4005-1444/forums/lets-talk-about-storms-lightning-immunity-1906899/#24