Storm takes on Omega Level Mutants

#301 Edited by martinceld (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell said:
@martinceld said:
@stormcell said:

Admittedly, I don't know Rachel's history with the Phoenix Force as well as I know Jean's, but Koays seems to have a point in some of what he said. Anywho, the salient point remains that Storm has beaten back telepaths stronger than either Jean or Rachel, therefore, I repeat: any instance where Jean or Rachel or any other psi invades Storm's mind against her will is PIS unless she's caught off-guard.

typical, only storm's good showings count and everything below that is PIS, but for every single character that storm is pitted against, their good showings don't count and are PIS because they have some lower showings. Yup seems about right. Good thing no one on this forum believes anything you have to say

The good showings of the other characters don't match up to Storm's good showings. There is a lot of anti-Storm bias on this board, and there always has been. So, I step on toes with a song in my heart as I do so. ;)

I'm not arguing how their good showings compare to each other, i said that you dismiss non-good showing of storm as PIS but for every character she is pitted against, all their good showings are PIS according to you because they've shown to be weaker sometimes. Just look at the threads you go to. I'm certain almost all of them have you claiming PIS for a storm anti-feat or a good feat from her enemy, or even both. We all expect this from you already though, and it doesn't really matter since you have no credibility. Even people from the storm fandom have disassociated themselves from you lot.

Keep stepping on those toes boo, each post you make just fuels that anti-storm bias. Have a great day and keep up the good work!

#302 Posted by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell said:
@martinceld said:
@stormcell said:

Admittedly, I don't know Rachel's history with the Phoenix Force as well as I know Jean's, but Koays seems to have a point in some of what he said. Anywho, the salient point remains that Storm has beaten back telepaths stronger than either Jean or Rachel, therefore, I repeat: any instance where Jean or Rachel or any other psi invades Storm's mind against her will is PIS unless she's caught off-guard.

typical, only storm's good showings count and everything below that is PIS, but for every single character that storm is pitted against, their good showings don't count and are PIS because they have some lower showings. Yup seems about right. Good thing no one on this forum believes anything you have to say

The good showings of the other characters don't match up to Storm's good showings. There is a lot of anti-Storm bias on this board, and there always has been. So, I step on toes with a song in my heart as I do so. ;)

I'm not arguing how their good showings compare to each other, i said that you dismiss non-good showing of storm as PIS but for every character she is pitted against, all their good showings are PIS according to you because they've shown to be weaker sometimes. Just look at the threads you go to. I'm certain almost all of them have you claiming PIS at one point. We all expect this from you already though, and it doesn't really matter since you have no credibility. Even people from the storm fandom have disassociated themselves from you lot.

Keep stepping on those toes boo, each post you make just fuels that anti-storm bias. Have a great day and keep up the good work!

Give me an example of my doing this, or are you too afraid of being exposed as a LIAR? :)

Also, I don't simply dismiss Storm's low end showings as PIS. I show instances of her being written more powerfully to debunk the low end showings.

#303 Edited by martinceld (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: big talk coming from someone that was proven to be a liar in this very thread.

Anyway, here are some. You literally did it here calling Rachel's good showings of penetrating storm's mental defenses PIS. Rachel is powerful

"The only way I see Jean beating Ororo would be if she connected with a TK assault. Her TP would be useless against a non-PIS'd Ororo." ""PIS doesn't count. Jean is not winning this fight without some serious PIS against Ororo."

"Regarding Magneto, that was pure PIS. Magneto's mental defenses are MUCH too strong for Jean Grey to handle eventhough she had Betsy's powers added to her own."

"The Jeen punching Galactus instance was pure PIS for a ton of reasons. Galactus was lowballed tremendously there to prop up Jeen. It was really sad."

"Iceman's defeat of Stranger was pure PIS, by the way. Not only is Stranger a massively powerful telepath (which he could've used to destroy Bobby), but he also wields the power cosmic at levels higher than the Silver Surfer and can control matter down to the subatomic level. Iceman's powerset can't compete with that."

"As far as Jean penetrating minds Xavier could not, it's PIS unless she was being boosted by the PF, Cerebro, Cerebra, or some other external means. Xavier's feats are better than hers."

"Magneto hasn't redirected a lightning bolt from Storm in decades. It was PIS when he did it anyway back in the day (and what he actually did was create an interference field which deflected the bolt back at her after it bounced off)."

And these are just of you calling PIS on the good showings of other people. You call PIS like x3 or x4 more for Storm's anti-feats.

It's quite embarrassing how often you cry PIS

#304 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld:Leave him alone. Arguing with someone who is too stubborn to admit when they are wrong or not being fair to other characters is not worth continuing the debate.

#305 Posted by martinceld (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: yeah you're right. I've already proven my point anyway. Cheers

#306 Edited by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld said:

@stormcell: big talk coming from someone that was proven to be a liar in this very thread.

Anyway, here are some. You literally did it here calling Rachel's good showings of penetrating storm's mental defenses PIS. Rachel is powerful

"The only way I see Jean beating Ororo would be if she connected with a TK assault. Her TP would be useless against a non-PIS'd Ororo." ""PIS doesn't count. Jean is not winning this fight without some serious PIS against Ororo."

"Regarding Magneto, that was pure PIS. Magneto's mental defenses are MUCH too strong for Jean Grey to handle eventhough she had Betsy's powers added to her own."

"The Jeen punching Galactus instance was pure PIS for a ton of reasons. Galactus was lowballed tremendously there to prop up Jeen. It was really sad."

"Iceman's defeat of Stranger was pure PIS, by the way. Not only is Stranger a massively powerful telepath (which he could've used to destroy Bobby), but he also wields the power cosmic at levels higher than the Silver Surfer and can control matter down to the subatomic level. Iceman's powerset can't compete with that."

"As far as Jean penetrating minds Xavier could not, it's PIS unless she was being boosted by the PF, Cerebro, Cerebra, or some other external means. Xavier's feats are better than hers."

"Magneto hasn't redirected a lightning bolt from Storm in decades. It was PIS when he did it anyway back in the day (and what he actually did was create an interference field which deflected the bolt back at her after it bounced off)."

And these are just of you calling PIS on the good showings of other people. You call PIS like x3 or x4 more for Storm's anti-feats.

1) I admitted I was wrong when Koays put the information out there.

2) Rachel is powerful, but Storm has been able to resist the combined power of Bogan PLUS Rachel; the combined power of Xavier, Psylocke, and Oracle; Classic Shadow King when she was regressed to a child; Magneto's willpower was strong enough to stalemate Xavier's psychic powers when his will was stated to be second to none, and Storm eventually surpassed Magneto in willpower, etc. These are all instances of Storm beating back TP assaults from psis of far greater stature than Rachel. Therefore, this automatically nullifies any instance of Rachel invading Storm's mind without taking her by surprise.

Look, here is the issue: when one character gets the better of another, it does not automatically count as a win for the prevailing character. Both characters have to get their due. Storm's mental defenses were added as a part of her character development and have recieved years of evolution. These mental defenses are not always written into her character. They are often times ignored or devalued by writers. On the boards, however, we give the characters their due.

3) Jean Grey getting into Magneto's head was pure PIS. Here, we see Magneto defeat Phoenix Jean: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axQl7T_rpY1SdLqjuWjdXFljjOasGqRUQsb54O2YjEJnDjq89B0MYklrpWUvyEy-7V6ZSQWjSoU=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axQl7T_rpY1SdLqjuWjdXFljjOasGqRUQsb54O2YjEJnDjq89B0MYklrpWUvyEy-7V6ZSQWjSoU=s1600

and here, we see Magneto stalemate Xavier's psi powers: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/iwcxJfumk_vOCt60Ay3sX20E9gHogteH0Uda4AJpiZGiSfSlwdZbObWlrtpqe23_92gqvylM34YB=s1600

and here, we see Magneto jam Jean's psi-powers with his magnetic powers: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/8iQJlib7KhNQLjk4oS3y1WLgvhn_kEQbnRTQDgf0zHB2q7ULOFu1qJp1iAqolBsYfRbJcKF6muVG=s1600

And then he has his helmet which also offers a measure of protection against invading telepathy. His willpower alone would be more than enough to stop Jean if he wasn't being PIS'd, and then when you add all of his other TP defenses on top of that, he totally didn't get his due when Jean got into his head.

Again, when two characters fight, both characters have to get their due. Magneto was written down to prop up Jean.

4) When Teen Jean punched Galactus and affected him, that was TOTAL PIS. Galactus can casually stand in an exploding star: http://i.imgur.com/ly7YDwK.jpg

He easily withstands a moon colliding into him: https://imgur.com/a/YYE7G

Shrugs off a headbutt from Odin: https://imgur.com/a/tbeFw

Engages in a battle with Scrier where the power unleashed is strong enough to destroy the universe: https://imgur.com/sckbaZQ

In other words, both Galactus and Scrier would be tanking attacks from each other that are powerful beyond comprehension.

The energy emitted in a fight between Galactus and Tyrant destroyed galaxies: https://imgur.com/kRmE4hv

Here, Galactus unleashes a blast that destroys three star systems and is still going: https://imgur.com/a/m3ng0

A black hole would not affect Galactus. Heck, he's so powerful that merely entering a black hole would destroy it: https://imgur.com/TPfOCx2

So, you get my point, right? All Teen Jean did was gather psionic energy from everyone on a planet to focus into a kick to hit Galactus. There was nowhere near enough ambient psionic energy on the planet to even scratch an itch on Galactus given his these showings. If such energy existed on a planet, it would be incinerated into cosmic dust. In order for Teen Jean to affect Galactus without PIS, she would've had to become the host of the Phoenix Force and wield its full power.

Weakening other characters to prop up Jean has become a pattern for her now. Magneto's mental defenses agaisnt telepathy have been ignored to prop her up. Also, his force-field was established as being flawless going back as far as the early 80s. Then, all of a sudden, Bunn decides to give Magneto a flaw in his shield so that Jean can break it.

Then we see Galactus being weakened for Jean Grey.

On top of this, whenever Storm and Jean are on the same roster, Storm's mental defenses are ignored and virtually every telepath can get into her head. We saw this pattern from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. X-writers after that have seen fit to simply ignore Storm's TP defenses regardless of whether or not Jean is on the team whenever it suits them.

So, yeah, as you can see, I have shown feats with Storm, Magneto, and Galactus where these characters are being written down to prop her up.

5) Iceman defeating Stranger was PIS because Stranger did not get his due in that fight. Again, when two characters fight, BOTH characters have to get their due to avoid PIS. Stranger wields the power cosmic at a higher level than Silver Surfer and has subatomic control over matter. Iceman does not have subatomic matter manipulation. Stranger's powers uppercuts Iceman's. Not only that, but Stranger is also a powerful telepath. He could've pulverized Bobby's mind with a psibolt. So, when Bobby beat Stranger, he was scaled down to make Iceman look good. These are unbiased facts. It's too bad if it hurts your feelings.

6) Xavier's feats are better than Jean's. That a provable fact.

7) Magneto has never redirected one of Storm's bolts by taking control of it from her. Rather, he did as I said and created an interference field that bounced it back at her. This is a fact.

So, once more, you are biased in favor of Jean and Iceman. You want to ignore the high end showings of other characters that place them higher that Jean and Bobby to lowball them so these two can win. Sorry, not gonna play that game.

#307 Edited by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass said:

@martinceld:Leave him alone. Arguing with someone who is too stubborn to admit when they are wrong or not being fair to other characters is not worth continuing the debate.

Actually, you know within yourself all the PIS in his post. You also know that I can easily debunk it...which I have. I like you, but this is pathetic, even for you.

Anywho, I've posted the facts with scans for those who are curious and following the thread.

#308 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: pis or not. LET IT GO.

If your not willing to acknowledge your opponents side and willingness to ADMIT that half of what your saying is wrong. Then stop debating, because your going nowhere and your becoming Obnoxious now.

#309 Posted by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: pis or not. LET IT GO.

If your not willing to acknowledge your opponents side and willingness to ADMIT that half of what your saying is wrong. Then stop debating, because your going nowhere and your becoming Obnoxious now.

I am right in what I am saying. Regarding Rachel having the Phoenix Force during Claremont's run in the 2000s, I've already admitted that I was mistaken.

That said, you really have no room to talk, especially when you see the crap the other side is spouting. I've debunked Jeen affecting Galactus, I've proven Storm has mental defenses that have defeated psis far greater than Rachel, I've proven that Magneto was greatly devalued to prop up Jean, etc. You should be redirecting these sentiments to them and also to yourself. It's the other side that should be making concessions about being wrong.

#310 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell said:

I am right in what I am saying. Regarding Rachel having the Phoenix Force during Claremont's run in the 2000s, I've already admitted that I was mistaken.

DUDE. You were just proven wrong 2 pages ago. And they cited pages and Issue Numbers. If that's not proving you wrong I don't know what is.

It's time for you to start eating CROW and tell everyone "You know what my bad I was wrong". It's that simple. And the worst part is they are actually fans of Rachel your not.

That said, you really have no room to talk, especially when you see the crap the other side is spouting. I've debunked Jeen affecting Galactus, I've proven Storm has mental defenses that have defeated psis far greater than Rachel, I've proven that Magneto was greatly devalued to prop up Jean, etc. You should be redirecting these sentiments to them and also to yourself. It's the other side that should be making concessions about being wrong.

EVERYONE in this thread knows that I have corrected them in one way shape or form in other threads regarding Storm. Ok? This is directed to YOU specifically. This has Nothing to do with Storm Hate I see that now. And WHY? you ask Because you consistently make craZy claims of Storm beating EVERYONE in this battle to which makes no sense. How the HELL do you turn off Bobby's Synapse in his head if he's made of Ice. That makes NO SENSE. Also, WHY is Jean hurting Galactus not fair??? WHY? But Storm hurting Adversary in her Goddess Form, or Storm harming Silver Surfer and Stardust etc and that is fair to you??? That is the very definition of being a Biased debater. Nobody in this thread believes Storm has terrible Mental Defenses.... Nobody. Jean Fans, Rachel Fans, Emma Fans, Psylocke Fans, Pro. X fans, they are ALL not that dumb to believe Storm can be taken out by a TP attacks. But you on the other hand believe Storm has this untouchable mind. When we have legitimate scans of Storm being hurt by TP attacks. C'mon man stop it that's not fair. ADMIT to the fact "Yes, Storm can be taken down by TP attaks but whomever is doing it will have a fight on their hands" Because EVERYONE knows Storm will not go down without a fight when assualted by TP attacks. Don't tell me who I need to direct my arguments too. I've directed my arguments to MANY people in this thread and in other threads.Anyone in here can tell you that. If you ask anyone hell i'm THE most sensible Storm fan in this site.

BE FAIR Stormcell that's all i'm asking you to do. Your wanking Storm WAY to hard here. And yes I see their arguments do I agree? NO, but they are making counters to your crazy, unfair, biased arguments your making.

BE FAIR Stormcell.

#311 Posted by kasya_carey (6075 posts) - - Show Bio

Whew Chile this thread

#312 Edited by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: You're being a hypocrite. Stop it. It's beneath you.

1) I said I was wrong on Rachel having the PF during CC's run. I admitted this on the previous page, so, what the heck are you talking about? I had strong reasons to believe she did have the PF, but Koays showed me I was wrong. Dude, do you actually read, or do you just enjoy being a hypocrite?

2) Bobby's synapses are made of ice, yes, but ice is only frozen water, which is created by merging hydrogen and oxygen atoms, atoms which are in turn made up of subatomic particles like...ELECTRONS! Now, do you get it? Subatomic particles make up his synapses in whichever for he's in be it flesh and blood, ice, vapor, or water. In fact, his entire body would still be composed of these subatomic particles regardless if he's in any of those forms. This is why he could NEVER beat people like Storm, Stranger, Sersi, Silver Surfer, etc. since all of the above can control matter and energy at the SUBATOMIC level. I'm sorry, I thought you were able to reason that out for yourself, otherwise, I would've explained it more.

3) Jean hurting Galactus is PIS because of the scans I presented demontrating Galactus's power and durability. This is a guy who takes naps in the core of stars, for crying out loud. A planet cannot survive in the heart of a star, but Galactus easily can. There was not enough psionic energy available on that planet for Jean to grab onto that could come close to matching a star...and even that wouldn't have been enough to affect Galactus. Didn't you read the Galactus scans I posted, or are you still being a hypocrite?

Storm, on the other hand, has always wielded near-infinite power. She has a long track record of tapping into that power at times over the decades of her existence as a character. Furthermore, she was stated flat out to be a more powerful "diety" than Adversary when she took him down, and we still haven't seen the upper limits of Ororo's powers.

Storm harming Stardust definitely counts since in that same issue where Storm blew up this Herald, it was shown it could withstand the combined power of Torch AND Silver Surfer. In other words, Stardust was given her due in the exact issue where Storm dissipated her.

I am being fair, you are not.

Then, here is another example of your hypocrisy:

@mooty_pass said:

LOL! This is pathetic. I mean, after the post this guy directed at me with all the clear PIS stuff in there (and you know it's PIS), but you gave him a pass. I, of course, debunked his points in post #306 of this thread. I notice you didn't want to respond to what I said there because you can't refute it and neither can he without bias. :)

#313 Posted by geekryan (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at Stormcell calling others a liar and a hypocrite.

The irony is killing me.

#314 Posted by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

The irony is killing me.

Says the guy who wants to throw out the TONS of instances where Storm defeated telepaths far stronger than Jean or Rachel to try and givem then the advantage over Ororo. LOL!

#315 Posted by Koays (12221 posts) - - Show Bio

Um....is it too late to say everybody chill? Again?? For the 3rd time???

#316 Posted by TheHercules (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1!

#317 Posted by WaitOmegaStorm (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Calm down man, you already showed your points about this topic and admitted that it was wrong, things that some user did not do. just ignore the offenses and let it die.

#318 Posted by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Calm down man, you already showed your points about this topic and admitted that it was wrong, things that some user did not do. just ignore the offenses and let it die.

Good advice!

#319 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: You're being a hypocrite. Stop it. It's beneath you.

-First Off don't ever call me a Hypocrite ok? Second, Let's not act like a child by calling people names.

1) I said I was wrong on Rachel having the PF during CC's run. I admitted this on the previous page, so, what the heck are you talking about? I had strong reasons to believe she did have the PF, but Koays showed me I was wrong. Dude, do you actually read, or do you just enjoy being a hypocrite?

-Then why are you still arguing then? And Stop calling me a Hypocrite Stormcell. You really need to stop.

2) Bobby's synapses are made of ice, yes, but ice is only frozen water, which is created by merging hydrogen and oxygen atoms, atoms which are in turn made up of subatomic particles like...ELECTRONS!

-HE HAS NO BRAIN!!!! There are no Synapses for Storm to break while he is in his Ice Form.

Are you really going to live that Lie??? Seriously???

Now, do you get it? Subatomic particles make up his synapses in whichever for he's in be it flesh and blood, ice, vapor, or water. In fact, his entire body would still be composed of these subatomic particles regardless if he's in any of those forms. This is why he could NEVER beat people like Storm, Stranger, Sersi, Silver Surfer, etc. since all of the above can control matter and energy at the SUBATOMIC level. I'm sorry, I thought you were able to reason that out for yourself, otherwise, I would've explained it more.

- All Bobby has to do is freeze her from the inside to kill her. Done. Next?

3) Jean hurting Galactus is PIS because of the scans I presented demontrating Galactus's power and durability.

-NO, it's not. IF that is PIS then Storm being a Goddess hurting Adversary is PIS. Adversary is a Reality Warper he could have ended Goddess Storm in mere seconds.

This is a guy who takes naps in the core of stars, for crying out loud. A planet cannot survive in the heart of a star, but Galactus easily can. There was not enough psionic energy available on that planet for Jean to grab onto that could come close to matching a star...and even that wouldn't have been enough to affect Galactus. Didn't you read the Galactus scans I posted, or are you still being a hypocrite?

-She took Psionic Energy to amp hers and was able to Harm Galactus. WHY OH WHY is that so hard for your small Storm infested Brain to understand??? OH wait because it's not Storm that's why. You really need to stop with the Name calling because now i'm calling you a Child.

Storm, on the other hand, has always wielded near-infinite power. She has a long track record of tapping into that power at times over the decades of her existence as a character. Furthermore, she was stated flat out to be a more powerful "diety" than Adversary when she took him down, and we still haven't seen the upper limits of Ororo's powers.

-OH!!! I get it. So because Storm has tapped into Near Limitless Power. So many times(3 times to be exact) That makes Storm more powerful than any Omega here. LOL Biased at it's core.

Storm harming Stardust definitely counts since in that same issue where Storm blew up this Herald, it was shown it could withstand the combined power of Torch AND Silver Surfer. In other words, Stardust was given his due in the exact issue where Storm dissipated her.

-None of that makes Storm better than anyone here dude.

I am being fair, you are not.

-Your being Biased. EVERYONE is calling you out on it. LOL

Your so far up Storm's God Butt all you can see is the Trion Dimension.

Then, here is another example of your hypocrisy:

@mooty_pass said:

LOL! This is pathetic. I mean, after the post this guy directed at me with all the clear PIS stuff in there (and you know it's PIS), but you gave him a pass. I, of course, debunked his points in post #306 of this thread. I notice you didn't want to respond to what I said there because you can't refute it and neither can he without bias. :)

-So, basically your being a Cry Baby over it. Gotcha. Let me go and Slap @martinceld for posting PIS scans. Bad Martinceld for posting PIS bad boy.

#320 Edited by Stormcell (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass:

1) Okay, so you call me a cry baby for debunking faulty posts, yet you get upset if I call you a hypocrite, which is how you're acting, by the way. And you say I'm calling you names?

Moving on.

2) Bobby still has a brain, or at least electrical impulses that governs thoughts, hence he thinks. Also, given that he's made of pure ice, vapor, water, or flesh and blood depending on which form he's in, he is composed of subatomic particles in every last one of these forms which would include his thinking apparatus.

3) There was no enough energy on that planet to hurt Galactus without her doing something like taking in the entire Phoenix Force. Again, the power she wielded there was a pittance compared to the power of a star, or black hole, etc. These are things that wouldn't even phaze Galactus. Also, what part of Galactus vs. Scrier equals enough power to destroy the universe don't you understand? You need to eat crow and realize that Jean was not wielding anywhere near this kind of power. That planet (and solar system) would've been blown to cosmic dust. I even posted a scan where the energy released in Galactus vs. Tyran destroyed galaxies.

As far as her taking energy from Galactus, he wasn't putting out anywhere near enough psionic energy to hurt himself. LOL! The planet would've been destroyed if he were as well as the rest of the solar system and then some.

Also, there's that scan where Odin headbutt Galactus. It did FAR more damage than Jean's kick as it actually shattered his helmet. Galactus was unfazed by it. https://imgur.com/a/tbeFw

But, I guess we should ignore this fact too in order to PIS Galactus for the sake of propping up Jean.

4) People are calling me biased because I don't share their Jean and Rachel bias. LOL! I have proven my points with scans.

Anywho, I'm not going to deal with the rest of your post. It's just silly and desperate at this point.

#321 Edited by martinceld (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: hey, it asked me to show it crying PIS on other characters and I did. I didn't even include all the times it cried PIS for storm, it's just too many.

But you were right, it thrives off attention, just ignore it.

why be

No Caption Provided

when we can be

No Caption Provided

#322 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

The irony is killing me.

LOL right??

No Caption Provided

#323 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3272 posts) - - Show Bio
#324 Posted by Koays (12221 posts) - - Show Bio
#325 Posted by geekryan (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what it’s like to be so ignorant and to have multiple people explain to you why you are wrong, and still be stubborn enough to argue and not realize that if allll these people are calling you out, the problem might be with you...

#326 Edited by Koays (12221 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Lol, look Stormcell is arguing on principle.

He flat out said that he doesnt like Jean because shes steals the spotlight from Storm.

He flat out said that hes going to take every opportunity to do it because he feels like Storm is underrated.

He just needs to do it.

#327 Posted by del_torro (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell:

the combined power of Xavier, Psylocke, and Oracle;

1- she was resisting but his psychic attacks had her lying on the floor helpless. If he wanted a simple shot to the head would have killed her.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/JVUDrGVeYc1-VRgR_5F3kh-aKWwqpKyhpGxm8rIOzEtBdYaMk06uitie9uGRZkocgQ6F1vEZIRfg=s1600

So what good is her resistance in a battle forums, when it leaves her lying on the ground where her opponent can easily take her out.

2- yes the skrull was stealing power from Xavier, Oracle and Psylocke, but he didn't have access to their full power. Xavier was still able to reach out to another planet and make death bird teleport to meet him

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/0sTfFDnMLqwP23Efou9iLsBbUimtR70DBwrt5uw8UZsfLnrYG486fHBZjbTDNiZb5nn4cALck8s2=s1600

And later Xavier is still able to affect this skrull with telepathy. Also look, there's storm, still on the floor, needing to be saved from the skrull by Xavier.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Xyx4RReN43MX6l5p_5y1wh6Q9t1Gv5ZhdgyDznudz4jE0q-_N1G8pbSrJGc8yzY6qT0_oFnWTXca=s1600

So yes, Storm has telepathy resistance. But what good is it in a forums battle, if it leaves her on the floor groaning for a large part of the battle. Same thing I pointed out with the scans of faithful John. He trapped her in an illusion and had her on the floor for 3 pages before she broke free on the fourth page. In a bloodlust Battle she'd already be dead

>>>>>>

Classic Shadow King when she was regressed to a child;

-and then you have world's apart where she has to hide a wakandan God in her mind to not get taken over by him, or psi wars where he stomps her on the astral plane or amazing Xmen where mind controls her or when she was a child under his control. Her resisting him is starting to look like PIS.

I mean, what happened to her telepathy resistance when he ripped her out of her body into the astral plane. What if he trapped her astral Form there, the way he did Xaviers or the way Gamemaster did to Jean grey.

How would she escape that. Especially since any of his puppets would easily kill her physical body

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/n4sq7sD9ttEaJ-xvxJtEtxegbtRhuQ_TA1zDmFFdam792B_Wd_OQehgj4z2oDKcy1Drvr_ybl1xwdn0u6GWf9aP5rESPmTnjfInyYcbL-Dw3gnWMO3KzSWKQudmuFh2QClaI7QqkEw=s1600

>>>>>

Magneto's willpower was strong enough to stalemate Xavier's psychic powers when his will was stated to be second to none, and Storm eventually surpassed Magneto

-Magnetos mental defenses Is something I will get to.

>>>>>>>

in willpower, etc. These are all instances of Storm beating back TP assaults from psis of far greater stature than Rachel. Therefore, this automatically nullifies any instance of Rachel invading Storm's mind without taking her by surprise.

-hmm. No.

Shadow king mind f++ked her in 3-4 places like I mentioned

The war skrull had her collapsed on the ground, so it's not a useful resistance feat

Typhoid Mary put her in an illusion and gave her false memories, then she mind controlled her

Rachel got into her mind multiple times in Savage land, then one shot her in gold. In 70s Xmen teen Rachel had on the ground from a mind blast

Nate grey made her a horseman and then rewrote her memories

Manon and Maxim rewrote her memories, planted psi bombs in her mind then made her a hound

Faithful John had her on the ground for 3 pages trapped in an illusion

Mind blast one shot her with a Telepathic attack

Emma was Fooling her with illusions of cyclops in death of X. Emma was hurting her with Mind blasts in Bendis X-Men

How about when Jean Subconsciously made her fight an army of psychic projections of Hellfire club goons

What about when Nova made her 'protect wakanda' why didn't she break free.

What about when revenant used her deepest fears to chase her away

What about X-Men Unlimited where black death used his psychic powers to knock her out and Jean had to wake her up.

What about during revolution when Lament, one of the neo lost souls defeated her on the astral plane and absorbed her until Jean freed her

What about when Mesmero made her fight illusions of Xmen villains when she was attacking policemen

What about when Mesmero used Phoenix to mind control her and make her work in a carnival

I'm pretty sure there's a story in Wolverine and the X-Men where she gets brainwashed to work in a carnival again

Phoenix l clone Madelyne Pryor overwhelmed her with a psi attack

I'm also sure there's a scene in Wolverine and the X-Men vol 2 where Quentin drops her with a psychic shotgun blast.

I'm not going to pretend that those are all PIS because you don't like them.

Seriously can storm resist being pulled into and trapped in the astral plane, what about being drained of psionic energy. Has she resisted that before.

Because Nate, Xavier, Jean, Exodus and Emma can all do it

>>>>>>>>

Look, here is the issue: when one character gets the better of another, it does not automatically count as a win for the prevailing character. Both characters have to get their due. Storm's mental defenses were added as a part of her character development and have recieved years of evolution. These mental defenses are not always written into her character. They are often times ignored or devalued by writers. On the boards, however, we give the characters their due.

-I agree with all these. But when the resistance feats are just a handful in contrast with the multitude of showings where her mind gets taken over (especially when most of these feats are recent, compared to resistance feats from the 70s)....

>>>>>>>>>

3) Jean Grey getting into Magneto's head was pure PIS. Here, we see Magneto defeat Phoenix Jean: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axQl7T_rpY1SdLqjuWjdXFljjOasGqRUQsb54O2YjEJnDjq89B0MYklrpWUvy

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axQl7T_rpY1SdLqjuWjdXFljjOasGqRUQsb54O2YjEJnDjq89B0MYklrpWUvy

<<<

-dude, read your own scan. That's Phoenix attacking magneto and him getting overwhelmed and him saying dear God.

The scan you're looking for is the next page where Jean runs out of power because of her mental blocks.

So yeah, you post a scan of Jean overwhelming magneto that's not helping his cause.

>>>>>>

and here, we see Magneto stalemate Xavier's psi powers:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/iwcxJfumk_vOCt60Ay3sX20E9gHogteH0Uda4AJpiZGiSfSlwdZbObWlrtpqe2

and here, we see Magneto jam Jean's psi-powers with his magnetic powers:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/8iQJlib7KhNQLjk4oS3y1WLgvhn_kEQbnRTQD

And then he has his helmet which also offers a measure of protection against invading telepathy. His willpower alone would be more than enough to stop Jean if he wasn't being PIS'd, and then when you add all of his other TP defenses on top of that, he totally didn't get his due when Jean got into his head.

Again, when two characters fight, both characters have to get their due. Magneto was written down to prop up Jean.

-

-

-or characters evolve and grow stronger. I mean, Magneto blocking out 90s Jean doesn't mean he can block out revolution Jean who was smashing through all kinds of mental defenses and blocks. Which is funny enough is u the period that Jean got through his mental shields.

Just because magneto has resistance to telepathy doesn't mean he's completely immune. There are a lot of times he has been mind f++++D

Also, 60s/70s Xavier being blocked out doesn't really mean much when later versions mind f++k Magneto.

Fatal attractions Jean and Xavier Mindwipe magneto

Classic Legion before he became a reality warpers mind f+++D Magneto

Phoenix Madelyne put him to sleep

Legion put him to sleep (right before Emma stomped him)

Teen Jean made back doors into his mind

Xavier made him his puppet and used him to throw Avalon into space

Jean made him fight illusions for a whole issue

Exodus was sure he could make him his puppet once his helmet was off

Mind blast easily subdued him.

The grace magneto has is that, while writers have nerfed his innate resistance they still respect his psi proof helmet. So even when Jean and Xavier have gotten past it before, I still have a hard time believing they are able to beat magneto because he has a lot of feats of resisting Telepaths with his helmet.

Heck just recently his helmets were used to stop Nova, in new Xmen it was used to trap Xavier, it still has great feats despite 1 or 2 times when Xavier and Jean broke through it. Which is why I still say magneto wins against Jean or Xavier or any telepath.

Storm lacks consistent resistance feats, that's why it's easier to believe a Telepath will win against her.

>>>>>>>>

4) When Teen Jean punched Galactus and affected him, that was TOTAL PIS.

+

-Dude. First of all. Nobody has ever said that Jean is on galactus level. The only reason people mention this feat is to say that Jean has planetary range of psionic energy absorption. After which you start going on about how punching galactus is PIS. But anyways let me reply you on that.

>>>>>>>>>

So, you get my point, right? All Teen Jean did was gather psionic n a planet to focus into a kick to hit Galactus. There was nowhere near enough ambient psionic energy on the planet to even scratch an itch on Galactus given his these showings.

>first of all. All Jean did was knock down galactus. Nobody believes she I capable of hurting him or harming him. Now when it comes to staggering or knocking down or shaking galactus with a hit, you don't have to use Galaxy busting levels of power. As has been shown multiple times in Comics

This is Thor knocking back galactus with a hit

http://i.imgur.com/1WpCk32.jpg

This is Thor doing it 3 more times

http://i.imgur.com/b7Cwf25.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WSKJMwx.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/52246/1435009-thor_vs_galactus_01.jpg

Funny how no galaxies were busted (also I'm pretty sure that galactus collapsed to earth when Odin headbutt him)

Here's beta Ray Bill knocking galactus back with a hit

http://i.imgur.com/JOnneL7.jpg

Here's victorious knocking down galactus with a hit

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/iRL4qFd2bsckigVnlgKs_928h2U5GoSh8a5w9SbnxrVe_YlEeLfzO7H0dfsZM8qhthkRBkK_oa-ooL-_F2_NDu1r4J7Y_jFvztnkkpqLltb4p__rfVmRHRtqau1Q2PBbkQeAjI2cFg=s1600

(Victorious who gets beaten by thing

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZIPUAB-ML1c0U7OF-5pIYhd_OubBH5EX5J5qcSMlWUnNdoWpaoH4klAX4zhvXMJmFNBl7n5w03y_8Fp0r31zos2zA4wSAQ7w7CHQ1a9ePcrhIxUUG-vaDS62kamQAYv6VdXNQskMqQ=s1600)

Heck here's thing staggering galactus with a hit

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/zJBIe8ygTGX1KZIORw2lnz8Xu6zE8Dg0V9XJ-PifbZpmcI5cud7NW2dXOczI4-s5lN209n0OBijO1ChBIpiEGmur1MD9Chs9QPenUwC5Bp2-RLwK0tULMRcqGzMkXSt5QLOLguo00Q=s1600

And none of them had to be Galaxy level beings to do this.

So let's see.

Jean has telekinesis that can restrain Namor and hold back Hercules (who is equal to Thor)

Jean has telekinesis that takes his from blackbolt and Abomination. People on the same level as Thor

Jean has telekinesis that restrained Thing (who staggered galactus with a hit and beat victorious who knocked down galactus with a hit)

Jean has telekinesis that Rag dolls apocalypse (who is on thors level)

Jean has telekinesis that Knocks around Thor

Jean in her pink mode stalemated gladiator (who has fought Thor and thing)

Jean in her pink mode took out an army of Kree accusers

So why is it PIS that Jean, with her telekinesis amped from absorbing energy from galactus, the Phoenix, Terrax and a planet full of aliens can knock back galactus. Since it's already shown to be on a level with people that have done it before.

>>>>>>>

If such energy existed on a planet, it would be incinerated into cosmic dust. In order for Teen Jean to affect Galactus without PIS, she would've had to become the host of the Phoenix Force and wield its full power.

Weakening other characters to prop up Jean has become a pattern for her now.

>first of all. The energy isn't just floating around the planet. It'd from the minds of the people on the planet. Xavier used the energy of the people on a planet to beat Ego, an elder of the universe. Jean used the pain of people on earth to attack Lifeseed Nate grey, she also used the psychic energy from two cities to fight off Celestials (I wonder how storm would survive the psychic energy of a planet being pushed into her mind telepathically)

>second note. Jean absorbed energy from galactus, the Phoenix, Terrax and the planet. So yeah, I'm going to say that's enough energy to knock galactus back a tiny bit.

>>>>>>>

Magneto's mental defenses agaisnt telepathy have been ignored to prop her up. Also, his force-field was established as being flawless going back as far as the early 80s. Then, all of a sudden, Bunn decides to give Magneto a flaw in his shield so that Jean can break it.

Then we see Galactus being weakened for Jean Grey.

>so when Xavier, Legion, Emma, Madelyne all ge past magnetos mental defenses, is it also to prop Jean up.

>you do realize that post AvX magneto is depowered right. No body cares about Jean getting past a depowered magnetos shield. You're the one trying to make it an issue.

>you realize galactus was fighting the Phoenix before Jean joined the fight. So Jean amping herself with galactus/Phoenix/Terrax/a planet energy to surprise attack galactus without giving him a scratch suddenly equals to Galactus was weakened. Was he also weakened when he was beating Phoenix Jean grey in the previous page of the comic.

>>>>>

On top of this, whenever Storm and Jean are on the same roster, Storm's mental defenses are ignored and virtually every telepath can get into her head. We saw this pattern from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. X-writers after that have seen fit to simply ignore Storm's TP defenses regardless of whether or not Jean is on the team whenever it suits them.

>storm wasn't on a team with Jean in psi wars when she got mind f++D

Same with the story in Savage land

Or amazing X-Men

Or world's apart

Or Xmen gold

Or Wolverine and the X-Men

Heck the stories where Jean and Storm were together and Storm got mindf++D are from revolution, written by Claremont, the writer who made storm. So yeah..., I'll stick with that guy.

>>>>>>>>

5) Iceman defeating Stranger was PIS because Stranger did not get his due in that fight. Again, when two characters fight, BOTH characters have to get their due to avoid PIS. Stranger wields the power cosmic at a higher level than Silver Surfer and has subatomic control over matter. Iceman does not have subatomic matter manipulation. Stranger's powers uppercuts Iceman's. Not only that, but Stranger is also a powerful telepath. He could've pulverized Bobby's mind with a psibolt. So, when Bobby beat Stranger, he was scaled down to make Iceman look good. These are unbiased facts. It's too bad if it hurts your feelings.

>you keep mentioning how iceman beating stranger is PIS first of all, where did you get the idea that Bobby beat the stranger. I don't remember anyone saying it, but I keep seeing you saying it's pis.

Anyways, Bobby has never beaten the stranger before, so there's nothing for you to call pis.

>>>>>>>

6) Xavier's feats are better than Jean's. That a provable fact.

>yes Xavier has better feats than Jean. Everyone knows that. But there are things that Jean has done that Xavier said were impossible for him. So you can't say she got into minds he was unable to because of PIS.

Especially when she has a thing for breaking through mental defenses both natural and artificial.

>>>>>>

Moving on.

2) Bobby still has a brain, or at least electrical impulses that governs thoughts, hence he thinks. Also, given that he's made of pure ice, vapor, water, or flesh and blood depending on which form he's in, he is composed of subatomic particles in every last one of these forms which would include his thinking apparatus.

Iceman in ice mode doesn't have a brain. He is consciousness possessing ice. How is she affecting his consciousness.

>>>>>>

3) There was no enough energy on that planet to hurt Galactus without her doing something like taking in the entire Phoenix Force.

>the energy from the minds of the aliens of the planet is enough to hurt galactus with. Xavier knocked out Ego the living planet with energy from minds of a planet, Jean hurt Lifeseed Nate (who made his own universe) with the minds of a planet.

This feat is in line with those 2. And if you weren't paying attention, she also had energy from Phoenix, galactus and Terrax.

>>>>>

Again, the power she wielded there was a pittance compared to the power of a star, or black hole, etc. These are things that wouldn't even phaze Galactus. Also, what part of Galactus vs. Scrier equals enough power to destroy the universe don't you understand? You need to eat crow and realize that Jean was not wielding anywhere near this kind of power. That planet (and solar system) would've been blown to cosmic dust. I even posted a scan where the energy released in Galactus vs. Tyran destroyed galaxies.

>since when do you need the energy of a star or a galaxy buster to knock back galactus.

Thor on 4 different occasions knocked back galactus on earth without destroying the planet.

Beta Ray Bill did it and the Galaxy wasn't destroyed

Thing did It and didn't break the group he was standing on

Victorious did it without releasing star levels of energy.

Like I said. All Jean did was knock back galactus. She didn't even scratch him. You're the one trying to make it sound like she badly damaged him. Annoying galactus doesn't require Galaxy busting blasts and that's all Jean did to him. Annoy him.

>>>>>>>

As far as her taking energy from Galactus, he wasn't putting out anywhere near enough psionic energy to hurt himself. LOL! The planet would've been destroyed if he were as well as the rest of the solar system and then some.

>you don't have to put out energy before Jean Drains you. As shown when she drained Supreme intelligence, poisons, fought gladiator etc.

And it doesn't take planet busting energy to knock down galactus. Just ask Thor, Beta Ray Bill, thing and Victorious.

>>>>>>>

Also, there's that scan where Odin headbutt Galactus. It did FAR more damage than Jean's kick as it actually shattered his helmet. Galactus was unfazed by it. https://imgur.com/a/tbeFw

>'unfazed'

Dude are you reading your own scans. Because it shows galactus falling towards the earth with his head head out energy. That is not what unfazed means.

Galactus was unfazed when Jean punched him. This scan shows galactus being fazed.

#328 Posted by onsipin (783 posts) - - Show Bio
#329 Posted by coraPVP (380 posts) - - Show Bio

vs magneto - assuming this is current magneto then it's a tie. they have been shown multiple times to go toe-to-toe with each other in-character. morals off then magneto shuts off her powers

vs jean - in-character storm wins. jean is too much of a pacifist to really hit storm with enough force to take her out instantly and in that case storm has more than enough to easily take jean down. morals off, jean can shut down storm with a full power telepathy assault. people have already cited so many instances of storm being affected by telepathic attacks and jean is more than capable of replicating those.

vs iceman - storm wins 10/10 morals on. She is a serious fighter and won't play around knowing how powerful iceman is, while he is not always using his powers at peak. morals off i don't see storm being able to really put him down and iceman will take it. if he can't just freeze her then his ice attacks or ice army will eventually take her out

vs exodus - he doesn't differ too much morals on or off. he might not kill as casually morals on but he will still use more than enough force to take out his foe. his combination of top tier telepathy and telekinesis with teleportation, healing factor is too much for storm so exodus would take both rounds

vulcan - 50-50 just argue that they each shut off each other's brains