Storm & Polaris vs Pre-Shaman Nate Grey (TK only)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Storm & Polaris vs Pre-Shaman Nate Grey (TK only) (36 votes)

Storm & Polaris 36%
Nate 64%

Storm and Polaris vs Nate with only his TK.

Pre-Shaman version for Nate

Morals on and in-character for everyone

Fight starts at, but is not restricted to, Central Park NY

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dam this is VERY even.

Nate could overpower one of them pretty easily but I have to give it to the ladies.

They have better range offense and either one can stall him long enough for the other to high end. For all his power Nate fights like an idiot an isn't ready for them.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stormcell

Storm solos. Pre-Shaman Nate Grey's TP would be no match for Ororo's mental defenses, and her elemental powers could easily strain him out.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the team can overwhelm him in a very close battle

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Grey demolishes.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I kind of agree. She could overwhelm him. But he has feats like using telekinesis to turn people's power off when using his brain.

Though with Polaris, they definitely win

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PyroFN  Online
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I kind of agree. She could overwhelm him. But he has feats like using telekinesis to turn people's power off when using his brain.

Though with Polaris, they definitely win

The fact iis Nate would first have to connect with his TK to pull that feat off. The problem is Storm has a lot of ways to win this fight. She could cause an easy stalemate simply by snowblinding him and hiding her mind from psychic detection. Without being able to locate her visually or telepathically, he has no way of knowing where to direct his TK assaults. Furthermore, she could even amp up the electrical charge in her brain to take him out if he tried any TP move on her or made any TP contact with her mind.

Not only that, but Storm has ways of distracting Nate. She has her internal attacks (some of which can instantly take him out, like she did against Sinister by cascading the electrical impulses in his brain and nervous system), but even removing that, she can force him to put all of his power in a TK defense by unleashing a sustained elemental barrage of tremendous power leaving him nothing to spare for a counter-attack. Given the way Storm's powers work, this sustained attack can continue without her continued attention or power use meaning while he's strained out, she can attack him other ways.

Here are examples of what I'm referring to about Storm's elemental assaults continuing without her constant power use or attention:

Uncanny X-Men #127:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/F0c-hkZ7PKIj1E9rBcq-tpsiuG_NSnQeGk4FXrVPZSwJ-iTqlCshIxk5776GETZEtVRWaS3s0T7G=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/dApI1JP_1OttYagaba0AzJjg0FXFkvwB3IjFeY5svfm5wo2NfLwxFVv8w7TP5JISK9ij0RlO7-Qo=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/3StQ4W0771ieO1g0U9qPkA7r0YN1MXn6B-wOntA9dchWBK0MXdRLL_YUE9eT3u1iGrG5D94P-5MB=s1600

So, the gale Ororo created kept raging even after Proteus knocked her out until it ran out of energy.

Here is another example from X-Treme X-Men #27:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/kRVWQs9_lQqGPENo72YFSQWLmVqmC_S5A1CK3O1zXr_4t-LG2N8t9slFRB9ml_GaTg4_Nr9hotHI=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/q-gdX8Dxl8-Xb91OBl-wUNZFpxn243i0z67wW3oVlX4dRF4Zn6Nn-6nfrgF2BbZMziZV27II8WXc=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/TcsAwPgUtddl1f5pJoOx--LPTKIM6HdtWA9guFkrXrr54VHdwqK8EzJvtKms_J1_9Lclhsgw2lTW=s1600

Note how Ororo tells Logan that even killing her would not stop the storm. Ororo has to put nature back in balance to correct it:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/iCRGKU6yV7tjiBj37J4ExnTfPgGwse7GV4nRnTI-t7jnx2oabS4X7iQfX6Fa11VtnrZUEFQgfKyf=s1600

So, what I am saying is she could unleash an elemental barrage on Nate to strain him out, ignore the barrage while it continues, and then start using her powers in other ways like internal attacks, etc, while he's strained out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Nate Omega level?

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Nate Omega level?

Irrelevant. Storm has the potential to wield unlimited power, too. Besides, that's neither here nor there. Nate gets strained out and everything dealing with foes much weaker than Ororo.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Being Omega or not doesnt mean much at all.

Storm & Polaris win. This version of Nate, restricted to TK, was not very impressive, and now he’s up against two very powerful mutants who could give him a hard time even 1v1

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt said:

Isn't Nate Omega level?

Irrelevant. Storm has the potential to wield unlimited power, too. Besides, that's neither here nor there. Nate gets strained out and everything dealing with foes much weaker than Ororo.

there are people waiting for you in the storm vs nate thread :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormcell

@marvelfan1992 said:
@stormcell said:
@jagernutt said:

Isn't Nate Omega level?

For all your supposed complaints about me, you people sure love to fight with me. I guess I liven things up around here. ;)

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Pretty sure Nate's TK crushed a moon (iirc) so i don't get how he wouldn't use that here.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By marvelfan1992

@stormcell: go go there's a whole thread's worth of people to educate!! And yes you definitely liven things up, I love to see monkeys dancing

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:
@stormcell said:
@jagernutt said:

Isn't Nate Omega level?

For all your supposed complaints about me, you people sure love to fight with me. I guess I liven things up around here. ;)

@stormcell: go go there's a whole thread's worth of people to educate!! And yes you definitely liven things up, I love to see monkeys dancing

LMFAO wtf is going on on CV

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stormcell

All this time I thought you guys were enjoying the lesson I was admistering to you in humility in how my posts have been intellectually destroying you in every thread I've entered. :P

But, seriously, I'm winning these fights handily eventhough you people don't like to admit when you're wrong.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:

All this time I thought you guys were enjoying the lesson I was admistering to you in humility in how my posts have been intellectually destroying you in every thread I've entered. :P

But, seriously, I'm winning these fights handily eventhough you people don't like to admit when you're wrong.

yes monkey dance! Now educate the people in the Storm vs X-Man thread and Storm vs Captain Marvel thread

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stormcell

@marvelfan1992 said:
@stormcell said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

yes monkey dance! Now educate the people in the Storm vs X-Man thread and Storm vs Captain Marvel thread

Nah, I've crushed you folks, so I'm gonna give your egos a break to recover from the beat down I've handed down.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:
@stormcell said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

Nah, I've crushed you folks, so I'm gonna give your egos a break to recover from the beat down I've handed down.

aw my little dancing monkey ran out of energy :(

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Nate will put up a good fight, but they have the experience, versatile power and numbers advantage, so I see them winning more often than not.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Batvibe12

Team with high difficulty.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
@marvelfan1992 said:
@stormcell said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

aw my little dancing monkey ran out of energy :(

Not gonna engage in personal insults...

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: why aren't you dancing in the Storm vs Captain Marvel thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Team X-Ladies for the Win.

Now, this is a VERY interesting fight. Nate is an exceptional adversary in TK abilities. Alone I don’t think either X-Lady(with Morals) has what it takes to take him down. But together? Should provide sufficient power to overwhelm Nate. Although, Nate is most definitely not going down without a fight so....the X-Ladies are in for a good long battle to which they should come out on Top.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the difference in the arguments and the votes is astounding

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: The majority are saying Polaris and Storm and yet Nate is God stomping the vote

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say storm and polaris because not only is he restricted to just tk storm and polaris powers can increase the others and while one make sure his concentration is down the other can attack to finish him.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah, there does seem to be a bit of a contradiction here. Oh well, that’s CV for ya.

goku9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm & Polaris should win this. The vital flaws of the tk/telepathy etc are the speed of how the user thinks. Nate needs to concentrate for even a slightest fraction of second. That's the time where a human tells the brain to do something,then the brain sends back the signals to necessary parts.

Storm will simply use elctromagnetic pulse/lightening etc for a quickwin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goku9000: So somehow, Storm is fast enough to attack before Nate can think by using a complicated offense that she barely has feats of doing, against someone who's entire thing is that hes a force of will TK user?

I'm all for Polaris and Storm taking this. But doesn't Storm need to THINK before she does something so complicated and precise....never mind the assumption that Marvel telepaths think and act much faster then regular human thought.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Nate almost effortlessly

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bu-bu-bu-bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate in a great fight

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate stomps. His shields have already tanked attacks from storm , so she ain't getting through them. He'd suppress Lorna's powers just like he did to her dad and then one-shott her. After Lorna gets stomped Nate proceeds to one-shott glass cannon storm

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyshinigami: what's this new found love for nate and where did it come from?

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: I've been reading some old X comics that have Nate in them and I've really grown to Like his character

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyshinigami: nice, I do love reading 80's to 90's comics for some reason, just love Ron lim' art not to mention marz's which is arguably top 5 marvel aritists.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump