#201 Posted by del_torro (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: I agree that they are equal and Magneto has shown more versatility (since most writers prefer to use storm as lighting lass). I think the nature of the person also matters.

Like Jean can snap necks, explode brains or rip eyes out. But doesn't because of the type of person she is. The same for Storm, she doesn't start her battles by splitting hydrogen atoms or frying synapses or fish freezing or removing the ozone layer to burn the area.

Unlike magneto who would start by ripping people apart or manipulating iron in their blood. I believe if she tried, she'd be able to do the things he's done.

@marvelfan1992: wasn't there a time in Bunns run where Magneto went to Xorn to heal his powers. It's all over the place.

#202 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: That's not his real power. You realize that, right? You can spin any feat in Storm's favor. Absolutely ridiculous.

#203 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: he’s still empowered by a device.

Your point?

I can lose the primary source to my powers, but if someone gives me another source to the exact same powers... what difference does it make?

#204 Posted by Shyan (170 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Because it's still not Magneto's real powers and even if they were it took Cyclops helping her just to make him sweat. That makes Storm look like shit. Period. A featless device will never come anywhere close to Magneto's real mutant power. Do you think somebody could build some device to replicate Storm's entire mutant power? No of course not. If someone built something like that and created lightning you'd agree with me then about it not being as strong as the original.

#206 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@shyan: first of all... where am I trolling?

You’re pressed and it’s funny.

Flagged *

You should have just sat there and ate your food.

#207 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: and you need to curse why? Flag again.

For someone who always insult people.. you sure don’t follow the rules.

Also I’m sure someone could build a device to replicate a mutant power. Marvel with genius people.

You thought you did something

#208 Posted by Shyan (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@shyan: first of all... where am I trolling?

You’re pressed and it’s funny.

Flagged *

You should have just sat there and ate your food.

No Caption Provided

#209 Posted by Shyan (170 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flag button didn't do any jacks***t. LMAO

#210 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@shyan: didn’t flag it yet, but someone’s in their feelings

#211 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Your posts are incoherent nonsense. Either way, Storm couldn't get through Magneto's fake shields. Even with help they still stayed functional. You can pretend that's a good feat for her, but you'd only be hurting your already fragile and damaged credibility.

#212 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: can you read or did you only assume?

Where did I state this was a feat for her? Oh you can’t show because it was never stated.

You said she did nothing to those shield... but she was making magneto strain and sweat on her own.

He was empowered by a device that uses his same power source. They were not fake so moot.

Learn to read and actually look at thing.

#213 Edited by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: obviously what @noone1996 is trying to say is that the power-level of the shield he generated using the device is not the same as one he would generate if he has access to his own power, therefore Storm and Cyclops straining the shield means nothing, how is that so hard to understand? It's like having Johnny Storm being depowered and giving him a flame thrower and saying it replicates his power therefore it is the same as him actually being able to use his own power. The funny thing is, if this were reversed and Storm were depowered and was given a weather manipulation device like the one Weather Wizard was and a had a low showing with it, you would be the first one to say it doesn't count because it's not her actual power, it's just a device and it's weaker than her own weather manipulation powers.

#214 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp:

Can you comprehend too? He posted the scans about Storm not being able to get through the shields. Just with 3 bolts at one he was strained. She could have easily gotten through if she wanted. The point of you @ me is irrelevant.

What are you talking? I wouldn’t be the first to say that. You don’t even know me sweetie. It’s still the same power but you’re empowered by sormthing else... you should still retain the same skill.

#215 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Everybody except you has comprehension skills. Everyone except you is wrong. Another win for the genius and logical Storm fanbase. Storm couldn't get through those shields. With help they were still holding up. It's not a good showing for her. Period.

#216 Edited by adamTRMM (9013 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass:

1. Right, and I agree with that. However, my point is that his powers falls under the umbrella of Atmokinesis. she can tap into that power, but may not have the same control or mastery as he does.

I say she doesn't have the capacity to have the same power in EMS that he can. And that's OK, he can't have hers in atmo.

2. It’s not that her winds are busting his shields. They are bypassing them. Not to mention their is a atmosphere inside his Force Field. Anyway, Her Winds forced Magneto into a situation that made him focus on 2 things. 1.Breathing (because the vortex was suffocating him.) 2. Forced him to anchor himself to the ground. And throw her teammate at her (Because Storms Vortex was literally trying to snatch him up). That’s fine you may not agree, but I think that’s viable tactic to which already seemed to work against him. And looking at the Blizzard she dropped on him(which again almost killed him) seems to work. So, I’m going to have to disagree with you here. Because I do think she has the power to win.

I don't think that is legit. I mean, his shields would have to have its own microclimate otherwise they wouldn't support him in space too. I think light is the only frequency that can bypass his shield (or something else that is simply beyond his power) since we can see him inside the shield hence that is legit. It's again all about him tanking nukes twice. If shockwaves and radiation of those didn't do anything to him, neither Storm should to unless her output is far greater than that. I say those instances had him shieldless.

3. LOL I remember that thread. Yeah it got real nasty. Yeah, comics now are inconsistent. Nobody seems to be paying attention so eh. And Bendis?!? Ugh don’t get me started.

lol anyway thanks for reminding battle discussions can be respectful and fun.

#217 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: and you’re still wrong... your skill doesn’t change if your using the same power so moot.

And you still can’t read can you?

Show me where I said it was a good showing. Because you still have yet too also.

Storm strained him and together they drained him. Try again

#218 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Storm didn't strain shit and even with help the shields held up. The fake featless forcefields couldn't be breached. That's pathetic. Kind of like your arguments, debating, and comprehension skills.

#219 Edited by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey said:

@corapvp:

Can you comprehend too? He posted the scans about Storm not being able to get through the shields. Just with 3 bolts at one he was strained. She could have easily gotten through if she wanted. The point of you @ me is irrelevant.

What are you talking? I wouldn’t be the first to say that. You don’t even know me sweetie. It’s still the same power but you’re empowered by sormthing else... you should still retain the same skill.

strained =/= gotten through the shields. "could have easily gotten through if she wanted" lmao nice head canon. What's the point of attacking shields if not to break them? She attacked the shields to break them, she just couldn't. FLOP. And it doesn't matter if he retains the same skill, it's a shield that requires power to strengthen it, he does not have his own immense power backing it up. Storm with her own full powers COULD NOT BREAK his shield that was being powered by some device that's not even close to his actual power levels

And I know you, we ALL know you are, stop pretending like you're not infamous on this forum for being a problematic storm fan. It's such a shame, Storm is a great character and has some great fans, but people like you drag them down into the mud

#220 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: so we’re just gonna pretend Magneto wasn’t sweating hard asf when his shield was hit by storm alone? Yeah pipe down

#221 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp: oops I got someone pressed and in their feelings.

But please show me where I stated Storm got through the shields? I just said strained. Oh boy you’re looking pretty slow.

I’m pretty if she applied more power she would have. He was straining when Storm attacked. Not even cyclops made a dent.

He still has his skill. Also where was it stated this device was not powerful? I’ll wait. Also Storm did not hit him with full power so try again. She busted through Phoenix shield and classic magneto shield before try again.

Lmao I drag her down how? By not taking shit from people like you and nonone who just hate for no reason? Yeah right nice try though.

#222 Posted by Supermanthor (16590 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah still magney

#223 Posted by jaakor (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto handled teams which included both of these, he beats them both

#224 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: So we're just going to pretend that she still couldn't get through the force-fields? Pipe down.

#225 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: omg? I never said she got through there. How hard is it for you to read?