#151 Edited by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#152 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh I should get punished because some people have their own opinions about the character and those who disagree are equally responsible for it getting out of hand if not the ones who start it most of the time don't know how to walk away?

Seriously that's ridiculous, just don't click on the thread or respond, its that's simple. I'm so sick of this discrimination, no one ever mentions how her threads are filled with condescending bait comments or are spite threads, nah it's only the fans who try and prove their points that are the problem. I've never read more hateful comments that those who literally troll Storm threads, how about they get punished equally for being part of the problem rather than punishing those who literally just want to debate.

I don't even feel like any comment I make is welcome at this point it's so bad, how about we stop blaming those who literally do nothing but debate and look at those who think that's an excuses to troll, bait and make fun of. This is so disturbing, yeah let's punish the victims and celebrate those that trolled, that makes sense.

#153 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh I should get punished because some people have their own opinions about the character and those who disagree are equally responsible for it getting out of hand if not the ones who start it most of the time don't know how to walk away?

Seriously that's ridiculous, just don't click on the thread or respond, its that's simple. I'm so sick of this discrimination, no one ever mentions how her threads are filled with condescending bait comments or are spite threads, nah it's only the fans who try and prove their points that are the problem. I've never read more hateful comments that those who literally troll Storm threads, how about they get punished equally for being part of the problem rather than punishing those who literally just want to debate.

I don't even feel like any comment I make is welcome at this point it's so bad, how about we stop blaming those who literally do nothing but debate and look at those who think that's an excuses to troll, bait and make fun of. This is so disturbing, yeah let's punish the victims and celebrate those that trolled, that makes sense.

No Caption Provided

Ssshhh....stop. Just leave it alone. Let the thread die.....

#154 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Its already dead lol, seriously there are obvious user who could easily just be told "Hey you have been far from productive in these threads and flat out trolled, it would be better for you to avoid them". They would immediatly be far better, and I'd feel welcome to actually debate and ask questions without immediatly assumed to be a fanboy. People can get as ridiculous as they want, but I I'm standing by to watch you, me and others being punished for doing nothing.

#155 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Its already dead lol, seriously there are obvious user who could easily just be told "Hey you have been far from productive in these threads and flat out trolled, it would be better for you to avoid them". They would immediatly be far better, and I'd feel welcome to actually debate and ask questions without immediatly assumed to be a fanboy. People can get as ridiculous as they want, but I I'm standing by to watch you, me and others being punished for doing nothing.

while I agree there is obviously a hate-boner for Storm, you have to realize there is a reason. Certain Storm fans (yes only certain fans, not all as some people like to generalize) wank her to the high heavens and when debated with, they ignore all reason and interpret scans/feats in their own way that suits what they want. It is very frustrating and obviously after a while people get fed up and eventually end up hating the fandom or even worse, the character.

When you have people that claim stuff like this and say magneto cannot beat her and that he's not on her level and are not even open to changing their minds or the possibility they are wrong, it is frustrating. Claiming "Storm>>>Classic Magneto" even when he has defeated her multiple times while she had a team, and even when other Storm fans like carey say he can, is ludicrous. And then they bust out the feats or scans that claim Storm is herald tier or what not. Like, how can people be expected to just sit by and let them claim such false things. I'm not even that active anymore and I wanna smack my keyboard already, so I can imagine how people who are active have to constantly see that kind of frustrating wank end up becoming angry haters. Not entering the thread or responding is a way to avoid this yeah, but then as I mentioned, it's not ok to simply let this kind of wank go unchecked because people who are not familiar will be given wrong information, and this wrong info will spread, and more people will get even more angry at Storm for being wanked etc. As long as there are people who wank her to the high heavens, the hate-boner will continue and the Storm threads will remain toxic, that's just the way it is. So either ban storm threads, or ban the haters that go out of line with their insults etc, but also ban the source of the hate, a.k.a. super wankers.

No Caption Provided

#156 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: @shepardoakenprime:

Mmm yeah I can agree to that. However, people hating Storm due to her Fanbase is NOT a good or valid reason to hate a character. It's just not. That's just being Petty and Childish. That's like me hating Ronan the Acuser because his fans think he can do everything yet I myself don't know a Cotton picking thing about the guy. The main issue is people Generalize ALL Storm fans are the same. I know for damn well I don't wank Storm. Responses as such here I ignore them simple. When I argue/debate I do it to educate people who don't really know anything about Storm. But I don't even claim Storm to be a herald Tier, but somehow LOL Users(I won't name any names, but they are here in this thread) believe that ALL Storm fans believe Storm is herald Tier. If that's not delusional thinking I don't know what is. LOL I never even stated Storm to be at that levels so why accuse me of something I never said. But your right onsipin yes we do have SOME Storm fans that wank her to the LOL Trionth Deminions(See what I did there). Should Storm be banned? No, it's some users and some Storm fans who frequently cause issues in every Storm thread that either should be banned or is no longer allowed in Storm threads....period. I'm sure we both can names some names on both sides that do nothing, but cause issues.

#157 Posted by kasya_carey (5594 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: the thing is Storm power level is all other place and her power adapts to where she’s at.

You have people like *****cell using space feats while the battle is on earth.

#158 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: That is not an excuse in anyway, I have never before heard people want to ban a character because 2 fans argue their opinions. That is the excuse of thinking every person on one end of the political spectrum should be punished because a of a few. There is only one side that I've seen (I'll stress "that I've seen" because I've read most but not every post of Stom threads) that are straight out rude, condescending, make comments that are flat out against the rules and make bait threads. These same users think Storm should be banned, as if they didn't start a non productive debate 90% of the time, I'm sometimes flat out surprised haven't been given warnings by how often they early troll her threads with unnecessary comments.

The fact that people get upset over a few fans of hers is not my problem or anyone else's, I don't know why so many people don't know how to walk away and dont respond to someone they know will never reach an agreement with. Why should I be punished? These people say and believe nothing good comes with storm fans..yet they comment on her threads, make bait threads and continue to want these few people to make a fool of themselves. Can anyone explain why these people should get away with it while the people who again at worst just want to debate get punished?

You know what you do though when you run into people who make those claims? You block or ignore them, I've learned that when I've have a compelty different opinion with specific users instantly so it shouldn't be this hard for that many people. Would you really rather I get punished because literally 1 person made a claim you got frustrated with? We need to look at whose breaking the rules and how to treat people with respect first, banning a character is literally saying fu to me and dozens of others. Again I will not stress enough that I've rarely seen a Storm get nearly as rude as people do when debating against them.

It will never be okay to be toxic and rude just because someone wanks a character, I don't get what you mean by it's not okay to let them. If they are breaking the rules then flag, if they clearly aren't going to change their mind then ignore and walk away. It's not wrong information that I've seen get spread, just toxicity. If they do spread, then people should know how to treat others with respect and correct them, not tell them how they are such a fanboy. There's got to be a reason why I see people with a few hundreds posts act like those who have trolled her threads for over a year. I mean even the famous "She stomps with synapses frying" bait is something that I've rarely seen a storm fan actually claim, I bet they could only give less than 10 examples in the past year alone of someone claiming that.

#159 Posted by Psy-Scarlet (769 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#160 Posted by Supermanthor (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

Mag

#161 Edited by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: @marvelfan1992: I notice how you referenced my posts in your attacks, however, I also note how you guys leave out my scans that back what I claim. First off, Classic Magneto did state right on panel that Storm had the power to beat him if she didn't hold back: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/vq56cegHGrYv2Z7AWKi_W4CVbTup4jZzd5p8bHo1rMF_OYUOrj-nuL4rVYRZbbiNcrAFRbTcgyWx=s1600

Secondly, Storm did smash through Magneto's force-field and strain his power. Notice how Magneto's shields are able to easily withstand the combined power of Cyclops, Colossus, and Nightcrawler, and then Storm comes along, boosts his power by hitting him with filtered lightning bolts (he can't take bolts she doesn't filter through her body first, hence she's taken him down in fights with such bolts), and then smashes through his force-field with her winds and puts a tremendous strain on his power: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/buWCUrL0Ftl7yOLDDUeP_1fx_Q7a0MplLTw_6vAg_aU-qiXmENf2twqdDkxxd1dRVhark8_s1rmd=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/mFDcHVBgWFAraGw6Rr7RRtqHwqlV5BsL88kqc-QlF_vlBkAy-OLCx74fvoeZ_TayKN8dwBDkD60n=s1600

When she pulled that tornado on him, if she wanted to beat him, all she'd have to do is add some lightning or hailstones with that wind attack. We know she can do multiple attacks like this, and here is an example of such an instance: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Hhr4ijmteWKlLI_AoDoqLmbWv7CFeo8s1sPAEyzc_UlMN7rQWHeAoAjSOma4y3LBdme9EdZlPJy-=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ELxwNriH1_4GoBf_FBfrlhyaXK4YU1_pGYroJeIXGUDmen9g7gj29d1OQo_9p-lzI8kGQuc4xfce=s1600

The sidri creature here is the size of a skyscraperto boot. Notice how the tornado and continuous lightning assault that strikes the creature from all sides at once follows it wherever it goes.

Then, I brought up Storm creating winds strong enough to redirect the full power of Sienna Blaze AFTER establishing Blaze's power levels (which dwarfs Magneto's). I provided scans of that and everything, yet you people want to ignore that because it's yet another instance that puts Storm on a power level Magneto can't begin to touch.

Anywho, it's clear you guys don't want an honest debate because you can't win on the facts. Storm was obviously scaled back to prop up Magneto, and there's nothing you can say about that. I just wanted to point out you bias in how you ignore the facts for everyone here to see. Thanks.

@kasya_carey said:

@mooty_pass: the thing is Storm power level is all other place and her power adapts to where she’s at.

You have people like *****cell using space feats while the battle is on earth.

Not true. The only feat I used in this thread while Ororo was in space was her destroying Stardust. However, when she pulled this feat, she did not tap into the cosmos to do so. She did not tap into any of the stars around her, etc. to pull this attack. She merely pulled electrons from Stardust's body itself and sent them flying back with enough force to dissipate her. In other words, this is a feat she should be able to pull anywhere she can create lightning. She should be able to pull the electrons from Magneto's force-field and send them flying back with equal force. In Magneto's case, though, he wouldn't be able to reform himself like Stardust did, he'd just be dead. Magneto is a joke compared to Stardust's power levels. I also established in the story where Ororo pulled this feat that Stardust was given her due in terms of power. In the same issue Storm blew up this herald, Torch had Surfer's powers added to his own and could not match what Storm did.

Also, let's not forget how she was recently established in Black Panther to be more powerful than Adversary, which puts her many tiers above Magneto's power levels.

#162 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is madness. Which is expected since the very special fandom is getting involved lmao.

Even depowered Maggie fought on equal grounds with Storm lolz

#163 Posted by Supermanthor (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm

lol

#164 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I don't see how that's a fair assessment, she fought him with the 1 thing he could still barely defend against, which she even acknowledged and then punched him, no other power use was involved and it should be obvious why. I mean she even defeated his current more powerful version, and yet it's obvious that fight is also not a good representation of Magneto's power.

I'm gonna ask politely that you don't generalize, as you can see theres even fellow fans that don't agree with what's been claimed here as much as anyone else. Talk specifically.

#165 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime:

I don't see how that's a fair assessment, she fought him with the 1 thing he could still barely defend against, which she even acknowledged and then punched him, no other power use was involved and it should be obvious why. I mean she even defeated his current more powerful version, and yet it's obvious that fight is also not a good representation of Magneto's power.

Scans please.

I'm gonna ask politely that you don't generalize, as you can see theres even fellow fans that don't agree with what's been claimed here as much as anyone else. Talk specifically.

That's fair I guess. But they are the trendsetters sadly. I can see how bandwagonning can be offputting so I'll admit I was just baiting and triggering by mentioning that "depowered" instance. Regardless, I'm not that interested in battle debates anymore, but after you provide the scans I will address the points discussed.

#166 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: the thing is, I don't know if someone can be banned for spouting BS even if it is sure to cause flame wars every single time. Although didn't Jhazz get banned for something like that? I am not super certain but I think it had to do with baiting people into flaming with his BS, but I could be wrong since I tried to avoid that river of toxic waste

#167 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: I forgot I even tagged you ha. Um to answer your question, unfortunately No you can't get banned for posting BS or baiting someone. But posters who come in Storm threads posting "Storm is Trash" really should be banned. But they are not violating rules and Mods don't seem to say anything. But if it were the case that you do get banned for posting stuff like that and making bait threads lot of users in this thread and site would be gone. So, I Ignore them because predominantly the ones who make snarky remarks usually have nothing to add to the debate. So, EH......

#168 Posted by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. How can you complain about spouting falsehoods when I provide scans of Classic Magneto admitting Storm had the power to beat him and him only winning because she holds back? I notice that nobody on your side wanted to touch that scan to try and debunk it because you can't. Also, I notice you guys didn't want to touch my argument with Storm and Sienna Blaze since I provided scans showing that Blaze dwarfs Magneto in power, and Ororo was able to generate winds strong enough to redirect her full power. In other words, such winds would easily dispatch Magneto.

Then don't get me started on how Magneto needs a machine to boost his powers just to turn off the lights around the world while Storm has global feats under her own power that puts that to shame.

#169 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. How can you complain about spouting falsehoods when I provide scans of Classic Magneto admitting Storm had the power to beat him and him only winning because she holds back? I notice that nobody on your side wanted to touch that scan to try and debunk it because you can't. Also, I notice you guys didn't want to touch my argument with Storm and Sienna Blaze since I provided scans showing that Blaze dwarfs Magneto in power, and Ororo was able to generate winds strong enough to redirect her full power. In other words, such winds would easily dispatch Magneto.

Then don't get me started on how Magneto needs a machine to boost his powers just to turn off the lights around the world while Storm has global feats under her own power that puts that to shame.

I feel like I'm going to regret this.....but, please explain this statement.

#170 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: well Jhazz didn't make bait threads but would say really nonsense stuff about Storm that would trigger people and cause flame. He already got banned once before, although I dunno for what reason, then again permanently a few months ago by godspawn. So i am not sure about the banning thing. But yeah I saw the posts the people were making here, those were pretty intense, I dunno if you managed to see them before being removed by the mods. Those people definitely warranted the ban

#171 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: If that is the case that Jhazz was banned for such behavior then users who make rude remarks about Storm should receive the same treatment. Those post? Yeah....I saw them. Childish and Petty that's why I stopped posting. I knew it was going to get out of hand due to ego people don't know how to let things go. But you see for yourself how bad things can get. I bet you if I track down ALL Storm threads 9/10 the first post to start an issue would be a Storm Fan Wanking or or a user you making a rude remark. I guarantee you give me some time i'll show you lol.

But it's not that serious and I don't care how hated Storm is I don't cause the hate and we really shouldn't be that mad about fictional characters and it's fanbase. I don't lose Sleep over stuff as such so.......

#172 Posted by del_torro (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: well I think he's referring to the time magneto threatened to emp the world or mess with the electromagnetosphepere of the world or something and he needed a machine to do it.

But when storm was sad about Logan dying, she was creating disruptions in the magnetosphere all around the world, creating Aurora buorealis all over the world. Plus while in Wakanda she could sense a jet flying over San Francisco and strike it down with lightning.

#173 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: ok I so I just read through the thread where Jhazz got banned (good lord this thread is a headache in physical form) Here is the page where godspawn bans jhazz. I think you can get the context of his banning on this page without having to backtrack. But some background, on my Jean vs Storm thread, Jhazz was commenting nonsense and useless fluff and corapvp called him out on it so they started fighting, and it carried on when they moved to that other thread. With this in mind, i think the antagonizing godspawn mentioned included the BS posts on battle threads. Jhazz is a different story from the wanker in this thread who I will simply refer to as IT, since IT tried to argue with scans, but the general idea I think is that continually antogonizing people due to BS posts can lead to being banned? I dunno, it's a bit confusing. But anyway, yeah people who go out of line with the personal insults the way that happened in this thread should definitely get banned. I think we can both agree that supreme wankers like IT and people that go out of line with insults and hatred should all go, both the Storm fans and the rest of the vine would benefit greatly

#174 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: I agree. I'll have to look at that later, i'm multitasking right now at work. But most of all I do agree. The fact it had to carry over into another thread is just dumb. But, at this point I don't really trust MOD to do their jobs since they let a lot of things slide. And maybe MOD don't let a lot of things slide, but from a lot of threads i've seen and as well as some Storm threads and comments? I don't see much intervention from them. There's a thread I want to show you, but i'm going to PM because I don't think it needs to posted here. I'm going to PM you.

#175 Posted by del_torro (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Hmmm, well in Disassembled, Storm fought Magneto (amped by Lifeseed Nate grey).

. Though, standard Magneto is depowered, he's still a major threat to teams, so the amp should at least put him close to his AvX levels.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SIerTpOMx3E/XC1WwhIkLjI/AAAAAAAAAXM/nLvpzyXS-JI6dUqQmV3EruFqrqwD0xwKwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO006.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-99u11iOXeLE/XC1WxtD5H1I/AAAAAAAAAXc/iTxbPDwXSwwd2yU802WcBpndd8W6vUeJQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO007.jpg

This two scans show storm hurting magneto and threatening to put him down. She still has the upper hand in the second scan.

After that magneto is not show in the rest of the issue, and Storm is shown joining the others to take on apocalypse.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ArKKtIoqWmo/XC1W2Y9dY_I/AAAAAAAAAY0/G1w5gnZOJxw1Bs6x4qXloXkHjMjabuazgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO014.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-adgm-pZN0Jk/XC1W3hG7hXI/AAAAAAAAAZM/KTkVu5BLMU8TttlSBjXXPWeSZtKjHAU5gCHMYCw/s1600/RCO016.jpg

We could interpret it that she had defeated him. Especially since the next time we see him is in the next issue, when Lifeseed Nate (after absorbing legion) repowers and revives his horsemen.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wfgxp2o56lA/XDY6Pk5RiQI/AAAAAAAADLc/D9k7CB-Dz_gxgjTloLZ6lffY_d8IhJUSgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO008.jpg

She was also able to hurt Life seed Nate (plus Legion) a little bit

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/h9gXMnaLdy1czWcpjEfP1Qfe9jOkNz7aCbJ2TkmllVwkTz8CIDLLKu5DxWJbo5bDNT7bDahVydBJ2xU0BPd_BU7hJGLgeFxhvKbbeVxZX7yCh6k8P0tO2YNvBStZKNDZsjAi-QL7Mw=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/PAMEOaJ4A8DLJDmg91vOT-LIjdU41V1kUNL1qAE4BKh2cuxsarAodqVv0dizRyKzNzF0_uQNNM2ZYHtlpJwo2UN_PaGUxeD0IbVU5VcwpliQ01WOfQH1ESVudPNReFaqf8p5QCtw8A=s1600

Plus she has a goddess mode now, which could tip things in her favor (though it hasn't really been explored fully)

#176 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: well I think he's referring to the time magneto threatened to emp the world or mess with the electromagnetosphepere of the world or something and he needed a machine to do it.

But when storm was sad about Logan dying, she was creating disruptions in the magnetosphere all around the world, creating Aurora buorealis all over the world. Plus while in Wakanda she could sense a jet flying over San Francisco and strike it down with lightning.

Ok Del, I trust you. Tell me though.....is what Magneto threatened to do and what Storm actually did even in the same tier? And does it change anything about what they can do standing in front of eachother?

#177 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: I suppose it's a delicate situation when to ban people or not, I'm sure they struggle on whether or not they should ban people. Fighting can't be helped in such a forum like this, and everyone can be prone to loosing their cool at times, so deciding when it's too much already is a thin line. I myself have gotten into a few spats and have been rude, and have generalized the Storm fanbase in the past, but after a while I noticed that it's only because of some specific people that people get frustrated with Storm(it becomes especially obvious even when fellow Storm fans call them out) so I learned not to generalize. I wish other people would realize this. Storm is a great character and is awesome to have in battle threads. It's just that no matter how long it's been, people still keep on fighting and fighting on her threads, that's why I thought maybe it's better to just not have them at all lol. But obviously the best outcome is if people just stop fighting on her threads. I dunno how that can happen though

#178 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio
@onsipin said:

@mooty_pass: I suppose it's a delicate situation when to ban people or not, I'm sure they struggle on whether or not they should ban people. Fighting can't be helped in such a forum like this, and everyone can be prone to loosing their cool at times, so deciding when it's too much already is a thin line. I myself have gotten into a few spats and have been rude, and have generalized the Storm fanbase in the past, but after a while I noticed that it's only because of some specific people that people get frustrated with Storm(it becomes especially obvious even when fellow Storm fans call them out) so I learned not to generalize. I wish other people would realize this. Storm is a great character and is awesome to have in battle threads. It's just that no matter how long it's been, people still keep on fighting and fighting on her threads, that's why I thought maybe it's better to just not have them at all lol. But obviously the best outcome is if people just stop fighting on her threads. I dunno how that can happen though

That's nothing but a Dream Onsipin. IF ONLY. I can make a thread where Storm can actually win a fight and i'm telling you 80% of the thread WITHOUT intervention of Storm fans. Storm Loses or someone says something Dumb. And then the trend starts. There are people who just hate Storm. I hate Wolverine and Scarlet Witch, but you don't see me antagonizing their threads or their fans LOL.

#179 Posted by del_torro (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: okay, I'm not a magneto or storm expert, but let me try.

First of all, I believe magneto has had other planetary EM sphere manipulation apart from the one where he used a machine. Like this one for example.

https://pm1.narvii.com/6424/b5077327e76723a09ed740ee202da745268d8aef_hq.jpg

What Magneto does is usually more destructive, creating continent wide EMPs and such, His clone Joseph, died trying to fix the damage he caused. He's also tapped into the EM spheres of other planets to make him stronger on earth.

While storm affecting the EM sphere of the earth was not destructive, it was a planetary level EM feat that she did without trying to. It was just her emotions, if she actually tried to do it destructively, it would definitely be something to see.

Its kind of like Jean grey Subconsciously projecting constructs of her memory all over the world.

Her manipulation of EM fields means she should at least be able to disrupt or disperse the electrons in his shields. But I don't think she should be attacking him with lightning; he's been shown to absorb It and get stronger too many times, it's be PIS.

Writers should show her using other powers against him. Claremont showed that magneto could absorb her lightning and had her switch over to draining humidity from his body. She has other things that can be used.

Basically, I think Magneto and Storm are very similar in powers, but Magneto has more feats, which is why I back him up.

#180 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro:

This writing is nonsense really. Not only it doesn't make sense for an ELECTROmagnetic spectrum manipulator to be affected by lightning (which is also well established canonically too), he was also amped by the Life Seed at that!? Wow, these bunch of clowns who write comics these days is actually laughable I see. lol I knew the state is bad, but never realized how.

The depowered instance I was referring to took place during No More Humans tho.

#181 Posted by marvelfan1992 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Magneto was all over the place there. He was also stalemating Storm + Polaris, but later on stalemating just Polaris alone. Needless to say, Classic Magneto >>> Life-seed "amped" current Magneto

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#182 Posted by PyroFN (6181 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: There was also a large tempest that Storm caused that was having some sort of negative affect across the world, so that she could launch her aircraft above the atmosphere. Don’t know the context, but I suppose this statement also counts as another planetary feat by chain reaction.

#183 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: @adamtrmm:

Let me take a stab at this if I may.

Del_torro is actually correct. There are some instances where Magneto needed a boost to affect the Planets EM fields and some instances he does not. Where as Storm doing it she just does it through her own power. Technically, theoretically Storm can split his EM shield. But eh too easy right? As we ALL know their is a Gap in skill when it comes to EM manipulation. That's Magneto's domain although Storm can do practically exactly what Magneto can do. Only difference Magneto is more skilled. Storm should NEVER.....EVER use lighting against Magneto. It's never actually worked in the past. But what has worked against Magneto is her Winds and Extreme Temperatures. In the Classic days Storm was the closest one in beating Magneto alone. But of course she was holding back and didn't want to kill him. That would be boring huh?

But Magneto is just more skillful.

As for the instance you were referring to Adamtrmm? Storm only used Lighting(Dumb Idea) and then she punched him in the face. And then they kept fighting off panel.

#184 Posted by Noone1996 (11671 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey said:

First of all, she's getting help from Cyclops and her lightning bolts are still not getting through. Second of all, Magneto sweating is no indication of strain. Just look at what he's saying. He's not worried at all and is basically calling Storm and her attack useless. Third of all, that's not even his real power lmao. It's just a device meant to replicate it. I highly doubt his actual power is less powerful than some cheap knockoff version.

#185 Edited by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass:

Maybe he needed the machine for the same reasons Xavier or telepaths need Cerebro when they already established planetary level of power, just to focus his powers and make it simply easier for the task. Technically or theoretically, she shouldn't. That would require her to be a more powerful EMS manipulator than he is which simply isn't the case. It's no just skill, it's how their powers operate. He's directly controlling the fundamental force of the universe with primal mastery at magnetism over electricity. Hers power is atmokinesis with the ability to tap into the same force. I think it's pretty obvious who by design should be a better user at it. And well, yeah, if he wouldn't show any sign of struggle, that would be completely humiliating and off-putting for the X-men as well. Maybe that's the real excuse? Using meta argument is a double aged sword ;)

I already said I was baiting with that instance, we can forget it now. In the end of the day, I can only see Magneto taking the absolute majority in 1on1 battle against Storm while scenarios for Storm to win would require lots of conveniences to occur to happen.

Or we can just be modern age Marvel writers and have an "amped" Magneto get obliterated by lightning. And that's why I don't do battles anymore. Marvel is in a disgraceful state now.

#186 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm:

Sorry a bit too late I see but thanks del_torro for providing the scans.

Tbh I haven't seen any hint or statement unless I missed it that Nate was amping them, and another thing that makes me think that wasn't the case I'll state below.

Also thanks for your honesty, I'm just stating my truth in case people don't get that they are ruining my fun and reputation by holding a few users and opinions to define the whole of a fandom. I don't mean to turn into a off topic debate just wondering what the reasoning was.

The only reason I give that a pass is because his powers have been so wonky that his shields even have holes in them and the future 05 commented how he was vulnerable, then followed by the fact that under Claremont in X-Men Black a simple simulation of her affected him with lightning, enough that "Scott" thought left him open.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another user took to twitter and asked Rosenberg if Storm did indeed ko him (while he was a horseman) and he respond "Things with Magneto are a little complicated" which again makes it look like his powers are simply still affected and weakened, which brings me to my earlier side point that I don't think he was amped. Maybe his staff was an amp itself as I don't see how Polaris and Storm combined could barely keep up to...whatever was shooting out of it lol if it was his own power.

#187 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I agree on that's just how their powers operate, but one of them has a broader range of power where the other is just extremely powerful in one specturm. Your right Magneto has mastery over Magnetism which in turn governs Lighting. But Storm has Mastery over Electric Energy which also governs Magnetism. I see what you mean by she shouldn't be able to, but I see them as two sides of the same coin. Storm does have the power and ability to do what Magneto can it's just she is not as skilled as Magneto.

Yes, I saw that you were baiting to which why I didn't actually say anything. But in a One on One fight both operating at full power could go either way. I don't know why, but writers have been downplaying Storm for a good while. And in all their fights Storm uses lightning against him. At this point Storm's only super power is lightning. I have no problem agreeing that Classic Magneto beats Storm. But for all intents and purpose Storm does have the power ability to beat Magneto.

As of now Magneto is not doing so hot. In fact he's....pretty weak. I like battle threads because they are fun and I like to see other peoples opinion on powers. But it does get hairy and power sets can be a bit confusing for me personally. But, EH

#188 Posted by marvelfan1992 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: on the same boat with you about the horsemen being amped. Magneto just didn't seem powerful enough there to be considered "amped". Although I suppose people are saying the horsemen are amped because historically, Apocalypse's horsemen receive amps, although we have to consider this is Nate, not Apocalypse. Another reason could be Blob and Omega Red eing horsemen and fighting an entire roster of x-men, but to that I would say, we don't actually see them doing anything. It's weird though if his powers are still "broken" because it was stated to already be back to regular levels, then Elixir healed him even after that, so that's twice he's supposed to have gone back to normal levels, yet here we are again with him being unimpressive. I'm kinda just on the mindset that Magneto's powers are already fixed and they just simply want him to be of a more reasonable power-level and no longer the insane team buster he once was, which is fine by me, because honestly a lot of his feats seemed like ass-pulls to further the plot. His turning off powers/turning off x-genes was certainly the case.

Also agree with you, @mooty_pass and @onsipin that an entire fandom should not be generalized and hated due to the actions/words of just a few specific people, I'm guilty of this. I do love Storm, and have created a few threads of my own with her, and I don't see myself avoiding Storm threads, so I'll just try my best to totally just ignore those problematic Storm fans

#189 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: LOL you know Marvel I was gonna fight you. Making all these Storm threads.

You Know Better!!! Haha

#190 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Cool agreed about the horsemen, and lol wait his powers was fixed? I'm guessing that was in Bunn's Uncanny correct? That's weird since he wrote him needing to take the human growth syndrome late in Blue, man I wish continuity was a thing. I guess Mag is just getting getting the low end of power being tampered due plot.

I appreciate this, I'm glad I didn't get triggered and rant for nothing. I've enjoyed your threads and glad that you haven't turn to the dark side lol.

#191 Posted by kasya_carey (5594 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: the scan shows cyclops attacking first not doing a thing and then he stops. Storm comes and strikes the shield on her own. Magneto or who ever that is straining and sweating... so your point?

#192 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime:

We assume Life Seed amps the character because that's what its other family member, Death Seed, totally does. Hell, the only previous instance of Angel (who was amped by LS) was also a proof of that. Thing is, it's SUPPOSED to be an amp.

Ruining fun is what battleforums do :) you come with enthusiasm and then have to deal with trolls and fanatics. That's classic, so good luck heh.

Actually, that scan only shows him being pushed back by the lightning. Right after he proceeds to smash the X-men...

Again, recent comics aren't worth debating. To me Marvel really did end with Secret Wars.

@mooty_pass:

That one spectrum is the reason why atoms don't fall apart. It's extremely complex and immense source of power if mastered to its fullest. I don't think her mastery over electrokinesis is on the same level as his over magnetism. It's more of an extension of atmokinesis. I might be wrong though (not about the mastery, but it being an extension). I do think she has mastery, but that would be over her main power, the aforementioned armokinesis and the benefits that come with it too.

The reason I think Magneto (and I'm talking about both being fully powered and serious) wins for the majority is because the second his shields are up, there's nothing she can do about it. I've seen Storm fans claiming her local tornadoes busted his shields. I find that laughable. He simply doesn't have them all the time, because well, meta. He would be invincible then. So he has them mostly in times of defense. Like, the shields that tanked nukes on different occasions would be busted by a localized wind? That's absurd. So to me, the second they're on full time, he won. If he didn't, well she can suck off the air out of him and all that stuff she does with atmo, but that's an unlikely scenario the way I see.

Magneto is a mess since Bendis randomly depowered him. He wasn't even part of Phoenix 5 for eff's sake... And yeah, I adored battles, but then things got so messed up and inconsistent I felt cognitive acrobatics completely took over that section of the forum. I made a mistake of checking the DCEU WW vs. MCU Thor thread and damn... I made a right decision back then lol

#193 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm:

1. Right, and I agree with that. However, my point is that his powers falls under the umbrella of Atmokinesis. she can tap into that power, but may not have the same control or mastery as he does.

2. It’s not that her winds are busting his shields. They are bypassing them. Not to mention their is a atmosphere inside his Force Field. Anyway, Her Winds forced Magneto into a situation that made him focus on 2 things. 1.Breathing (because the vortex was suffocating him.) 2. Forced him to anchor himself to the ground. And throw her teammate at her (Because Storms Vortex was literally trying to snatch him up). That’s fine you may not agree, but I think that’s viable tactic to which already seemed to work against him. And looking at the Blizzard she dropped on him(which again almost killed him) seems to work. So, I’m going to have to disagree with you here. Because I do think she has the power to win.

3. LOL I remember that thread. Yeah it got real nasty. Yeah, comics now are inconsistent. Nobody seems to be paying attention so eh. And Bendis?!? Ugh don’t get me started.

#194 Posted by Noone1996 (11671 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Did you even look at the second scan? They both attack his shields at the same time and they are ineffective. That's a horrible showing because that's not even Magneto's real power. It's just a device strapped to his chest since he was depowered right there.

#195 Edited by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro said:

@koays: okay, I'm not a magneto or storm expert, but let me try.

First of all, I believe magneto has had other planetary EM sphere manipulation apart from the one where he used a machine. Like this one for example.

https://pm1.narvii.com/6424/b5077327e76723a09ed740ee202da745268d8aef_hq.jpg

What Magneto does is usually more destructive, creating continent wide EMPs and such, His clone Joseph, died trying to fix the damage he caused. He's also tapped into the EM spheres of other planets to make him stronger on earth.

While storm affecting the EM sphere of the earth was not destructive, it was a planetary level EM feat that she did without trying to. It was just her emotions, if she actually tried to do it destructively, it would definitely be something to see.

Its kind of like Jean grey Subconsciously projecting constructs of her memory all over the world.

Her manipulation of EM fields means she should at least be able to disrupt or disperse the electrons in his shields. But I don't think she should be attacking him with lightning; he's been shown to absorb It and get stronger too many times, it's be PIS.

Writers should show her using other powers against him. Claremont showed that magneto could absorb her lightning and had her switch over to draining humidity from his body. She has other things that can be used.

Basically, I think Magneto and Storm are very similar in powers, but Magneto has more feats, which is why I back him up.

Thank you for trying to be reasonable in this debate and bring the discussion back to order. Now, to address your points:

1) In the scan you referenced above where Magneto does the globam EMP, it was established in that very scan that the planet's EM field was skewered by a device Forge created to such an extreme that had Magneto entered the Earth's atmosphere and tried to use his powers, the EM fields would've fedback on him, instantly killing him. He attacked the EM field while it was warped to this extreme and the result was a global EMP wave. So, there were special circumstances here surrounding him being able to pull this off.

The next time we see Magneto in "Magneto War", he uses an magnetic amplification device to boost him powers so he can turn off the lights around the world. When Astra broke the machine, and Magneto was forced to wield the power all on his own; he permanently burned his power out and was lucky he didn't die in the process. In other words, he cannot handle that much power on his own and the only reason he was successful in the "Fatal Attractions" scan you brought up is because the EM field was warped to such an extreme already before his attack on it.

Now, let's look at how much energy Storm can control, shall we? I already mentioned her redirecting the full power of Sienna Blaze, a mutant powerful enough to split the planet like a ripe melon. That FAR outdoes Magneto. But, even leaving this feat aside, let's look at her other stuff:

First off, hurricanes generate enough power to equal 200x the electrical generating capacity on the planet: https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/energy-hurricane-volcano-earthquake1.htm

The average hurricane is about 500 miles across. Consider that Storm has been able to disperse HEMISPHERE-SIZED hurricanes with a wave of her hand. Here are the scans to prove this:

Here, Storm tells the other X-Men that the hurricane is big and strong enough to decimate half the planet: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/L_ZrjEIuwIX_9G5ajoDAUOzOykvUKeycqZU9mIE0f2h0pJ-BMrBqVtrt-YDZrpFuO5IgvhTUxbf2=s1600

That fact is stated again by Jean later on: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/kvshVgxJJfzyOWYoqz3Uft8DhUaETOsiU1hH8b_Se_q2bow6T4YXDx0bpD9hgaUdgKHYPyTlockE=s1600

And then Storm disperses the hemisphere-sized hurricane: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/fxLXTj0AyWctCdKQHAUTlRwgZTyMP-EVkSwRbWvKQVHKSLn_ieXY6D4G_Xx-2c9DhF7kBk0wL_4K=s1600

Keep in mind that is harder for Ororo to dispel a storm than to create one (this is Emma Frost in Ororo's body): https://2.bp.blogspot.com/I9b8L9124xbhQ29lERaXzFQICqLa_NyawbNBJPj6dSEXFGVgAXV_XQpg0qM1g5HvzadtNEuVys4G=s1600

This is important to know because Storm dispersed the hemisphere-sized hurricane which is harder for her than creating something like that. This is FAR more energy than merely turning off the lights around the world.

Then, we see Storm also channel/disperse a continent-sized blizzard that has enough energy to last upwards of 9 months!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/jtGkQF7HSR6FOCwDtf4efqcxH6SdhZ0-G5Y1O9SOxOxDiYRrVOo_8qSAlrHWUewCNiMAFof7JmfC=s1600

Again, a storm like this would also have much more energy than merely turning off the lights around the world (which Magneto can't do without a machine to boost his powers).

Here, Storm pulls gamma rays out of a gamma ray gun and fuses the energy with the elemental energies of the world to create a shield around the entire planet which blasts a planet-sized blast from the sun:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/4387441-0647880524-74717.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/4387442-1539477818-74717.jpg

Again, Magneto doesn't compare with Ororo's power levels. It's just fact.

@marvelfan1992 said:

@adamtrmm: Magneto was all over the place there. He was also stalemating Storm + Polaris, but later on stalemating just Polaris alone. Needless to say, Classic Magneto >>> Life-seed "amped" current Magneto

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Storm was holding back against Magneto at that point as she has always done in canon. Hence, later, after striking him in a one-on-one fight, she offers him a chance to surrender. When he refuses, she strikes him again with a more powerful bolt and knocks him out.

So, yeah, when Storm and Polaris teamed up on him, Storm was holding back a lot.

#196 Posted by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@del_torro:

This writing is nonsense really. Not only it doesn't make sense for an ELECTROmagnetic spectrum manipulator to be affected by lightning (which is also well established canonically too), he was also amped by the Life Seed at that!? Wow, these bunch of clowns who write comics these days is actually laughable I see. lol I knew the state is bad, but never realized how.

The depowered instance I was referring to took place during No More Humans tho.

Magneto is not immune to lightning, nor has it even been stated that he is. In one single issue he was able to safely absorb lightning that was filtered through Storm's body first, but other than that, raw, unfiltered lightning hurts him.

Storm obviously has control over the degree in which she filters the lightning through her body. Let's take two of her bouts with Polaris as an example of this:

In Giant-Sized X-Men #1, Storm channeled the lightning from the tempest through her body and into Lorna. She was clearly not trying to hurt Polaris here: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/jMyd5NYkc-JqivXjk04W1PakJp9K89qcbWNbPJcVFuruW4NvYqtmmL3TdZE-X-vc5dlKHqTHIR3G=s1600

Now, a few issues later, in Uncanny X-Men #97, when she and Polaris fought, she hit Polaris with a bolt from her body and took her down: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/zyJdyn2x5bbJPfx3e0e2-7KZ7uSsZSDnnzwg_ovvQAB12n9RdfEhkpwgiyeZTgfvQ42l2qkRBiA=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/sPMf_Nhks2L1N0C0MtQhexFtZfKMkvSp1p0LKZS_lwDBXCyG-QktLpmtWRWBJKsDBGXFSek6VYg=s1600

Notice how at first in these fight scans how she was holding back against Lorna, and it was a standstill until Polaris ticked her off. (She also holds back against Magneto, as we both know.)

Anywho, what these two instances with Ororo and Lorna show about Storm is she can control the degree at which she filters the lightning through her body. Magneto, who is much more powerful than Polaris, would obviously require a less filtered bolt to defeat than it would take to beat out Polaris. Hence, Storm was probably fearful of hitting Magneto with such a bolt back in the day out of fear of killing him.

Not only is Magneto not immune to lightning, he isn't even immune to the EM field's energy which he channels through his body:

New Mutants #75: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/if_XBIVq8bIUXIJHDLLn-mnOOr20tMxTVMm8z7LRzqJVBIarmcJ3uNfVYzGGq-mpyo8RnNK32tQv_w=s1600

X-Men #25: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/pSG2ieG91R_Kj2Oc6g5OnaV7F0tThF8UyS2hHsfmqeucF-hOE2r6xy8VWvsDsEcMxaBs13y_MD0H=s1600

Note in the scan above how the EM fields would have fedback on Magneto and killed him had he tried to use his powers within the planet's atmosphere. Again, not immune.

Then there is "Magneto War" where he was forced to absorb more energy from the Earth's EM field than he could handle and it permanently burned out his body and power, nearly killing him. Notice how he could not even lift his helmet at the end of the story: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Vno76eCV_IlSlavi_Fr099RpWsQDJTGQmQ4a5OuKtjwvYTaFv_-hQhJWCQfUy64pVT5MYrVtMdgsMQ=s1600

He ended up having to build a machine that restored his body and powers after Magneto War.

#197 Posted by kasya_carey (5594 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: the shield was weakening when Storm alone attacked it... together they weaken magneto or what ever it was

Avatar image for primainterpares
#198 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#199 Posted by kasya_carey (5594 posts) - - Show Bio

If y’all are debating between who’s more powerful between the two...

I think it’s a stalemate.. magneto has more skill and experience

while Storm has more potential and raw power to match Magneto‘s.

Also the planetary feats y’all are talking about... aren’t really planetary feats.. more like planetary range.

a planetary storm depending how much energy put toward could go to country to Multi Continental

dispersing planetary storms can range from country to small planet level. When Storm used gamma rays to protect the planet. She dispersed the clouds in a global scale which is moon level.

#200 Posted by marvelfan1992 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: yup it was in the end of Bunn's Uncanny run I believe when he had Elixir "fix" Magneto. And yeah at this point it does seem that they've decided to just lower his overall power to a more reasonable level.

haha thanks I do enjoy making battle threads, and thanks as well for participating in the ones that I made before. Yeah I've already blocked the person so I won't be getting notifications anymore, now I just have to try and ignore their posts when I see them haha! That user started a spat between storm and jean fans by saying Jean isn't on Storm's level at all, when we all know they're comparable. People will have different opinions on who is more powerful and how a fight would go, but to say Jean can't compete at all, even when carey and malachimunroe we're already telling him to stop with the nonsense, it triggered us lol. But yeah, I should know better than to take anything he says seriously. Out of sight, out of mind

@mooty_pass:well I like Storm so of course I make battle threads of her lol! If only there was a way to block people from entering your thread....the mods should try to find a way to make that a thing lol. all it takes is 1 rotten apple to spoil the whole basket, then the flies will come to flame the basket hahaha. Well, i tried and flopped with that analogy but whatever :))