#51 Posted by bdelloidgrain2 (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey wins.

#52 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Magneto has easily held Storm in place by gripping the fibers in her blood that’s a hax ability.

#53 Posted by Psy-Scarlet (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean would give Magneto a tough fight on her own adding Storm is overkill

#54 Posted by Shyan (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no...The Storm wanking has returned.

Take cover guys...

#55 Edited by Paytience (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Magneto's power isn't metal control homeboy. Magento controls electromagnetic fields down to the subatomic and he manipulates every energy in the em spectrum.

His power isn't fereokensis...he is the only full blown magnokinetic in fiction that I know of.

Your entire argument is nulled...he shuts off their xgene and fries their brain.

#56 Edited by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey said:

@stormcell: Magneto has easily held Storm in place by gripping the fibers in her blood that’s a hax ability.

Yes, but when he pulled that on Ororo, she (and all the other X-Men) were just standing there doing nothing. Now, if Storm had put up a protective barrier around herself to deflect his magnetic energy, that would have been a different scenario entirely. She also has too many hax abilities of her own that he cannot defend against plus a number of ways of distracting him.

#57 Posted by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Magneto's power isn't metal control homeboy. Magento controls electromagnetic fields down to the subatomic and he manipulates every energy in the em spectrum.

His power isn't fereokensis...he is the only full blown magnokinetic in fiction that I know of.

Your entire argument is nulled...he shuts off their xgene and fries their brain.

1) Magneto isn't frying anyone's brain. He's never done that that I can recall. Storm, on the other hand, can fry his brain by manipulating the electrical impulses in her nervous system. She knocked Sinister out cold this way.

2) Where has Magneto ever shut off someone's x-gene with his powers? I pulled up the scan where he prevented people from consciously accessing their abilities, and it was a mere iron in the blood trick.

3) Storm controls the elements down to the subatomic level herself. We even saw her use this ability to supercede a Herald of Galactus's control over its own body at the subatomic level to blow it up. Not only that, but her feats of raw power dwarfs Magneto's. This is why Storm was always written as a far gentler fighter when she battled Magneto than when she fought any other foe. It was done to give him a chance at winning. On top of her fighting him with kid gloves, she was also PIS'd in the power department.

4) I never said that Magneto was ferrokinesis. What I said was he manipulates metal indirectly with magnetism. In other words, to manipulate a piece of metal, he has to grab hold of his with his magnetic powers. If an energy barrier is placed around that chunk of metal capable of blocking out his powers, guess what? He's not touching that metal until he breaks down that energy barrier. Both Storm and Jean are capable of putting up such a barrier.

That said, Classic Magneto would have the advantage against Jean in a one-on-one fight, but would totally lose to a non-PIS'd Ororo. Pitting the two women together against Magneto is a total overkill.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#58 Posted by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

what is to stop storm from just suffocating or flash freezing magneto? the only reason she never does is due to the plot. storm could solo

#59 Posted by Noone1996 (11668 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm fanboys are so mad that nobody respects their goddess.

#60 Posted by Paytience (4873 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by destinyman75 (14235 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.classic magneto DESTROYS here.. If he's seriously trying the duo dies

#62 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: You still pressed huh. you really need to do better

#63 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21: That’s his response in every Storm thread. He’s like a broken record. Hey maybe I should do that in every IronMan thread.......yeah.

#64 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: He is like the herpes of Storm related threads. You should start doing that in iron man threads though.

#65 Posted by green_skaar (12259 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#66 Posted by onsipin (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: He is like the herpes of Storm related threads. You should start doing that in iron man threads though.

i would advise against that and just take the high road. Sadly Storm already gets enough hate and is not given the proper respect on battle threads simply because people dislike her fanbase which, let's be real, you can't blame them for when you have people like Stormcell running around. I've even seen other storm fans get frustrated with him.

On topic, Storm and Jean together should be able to take classic Magneto. Storm was able to hurt NatexLegion with lightning, and Jean was able to hurt him mentally inside his own mind. They are very powerful and not to be underestimated. Storm has also been able to give magneto trouble with her winds way back when, and recently Teen Jean has been able to give current magneto (both teen jean and current magneto are weaker versions of their prime selves), as well as Jean has gotten through Magneto's mental defenses before. However, since this is morals on, it hampers the duo more than it does Magneto, so I give it to the team 5.5/10, or 6/10 if people won't consider decimals

#67 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey fans watching this shit show go on without even arguing for her like....

No Caption Provided

#68 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21: @onsipin:

Onsipin is right. God Damn It you just had to bring logic and maturity in this thread(to which many users here do not have)

Ok, I won’t do that. But you are right tho.

#69 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I see your enjoying the shot show. Here let me give you a massage.

*Massages shoulders* how’s that??

#70 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: Youre right ill do my best to remain mature in the face of immaturity

#71 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I see your enjoying the shot show. Here let me give you a massage.

*Massages shoulders* how’s that??

.....I need an adult.
.....I need an adult.

#72 Posted by Noone1996 (11668 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21: Why would I be pressed when I destroy you guys everywhere I go?

#73 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Oh my God Koays. Damn you your lucky I’m not on my PC my response to that gif would have been more awkward.

#75 Posted by del_torro (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @mooty_pass: honestly it's getting annoying.

Okay, some people want storm. Doesn't mean everyone should start low balling her.

I mean look at the storm Vs thing thread. Jean beat him by putting him in a vacuum. No one wants to acknowledge that Jean can take away all the air in his vicinity and casually kill him.

Anyway, there's no need arguing in this thread. People already have their opinions set in mind and don't want to change it.

Nate grey was hyped in the 90s,but if you read his book, everything was straining him and making him nosebleed. He was being punked by almost every one. Yet people still act like Pre-Shaman Nate was the strongest ever. The other thread had people blindly voting for him against a team that had better feats.

90s magneto had a lot of hype and feats, so people are still fixed on that. They still see Jean and Storm as their 90s-80s versions.

When current Jean is toying with apocalypse and punking multiple teams around the what the same time, while storm is beating an amped Magneto and taking on entities like the Adversary solo.

Arguing will be pointless and endless (like trying to convince a certain someone that current Jean is stronger than 90s Jean).

#76 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, some people want storm. Doesn't mean everyone should start low balling her.

I mean look at the storm Vs thing thread. Jean beat him by putting him in a vacuum. No one wants to acknowledge that Jean can take away all the air in his vicinity and casually kill him.

Anyway, there's no need arguing in this thread. People already have their opinions set in mind and don't want to change it.

Nate grey was hyped in the 90s,but if you read his book, everything was straining him and making him nosebleed. He was being punked by almost every one. Yet people still act like Pre-Shaman Nate was the strongest ever. The other thread had people blindly voting for him against a team that had better feats.

90s magneto had a lot of hype and feats, so people are still fixed on that. They still see Jean and Storm as their 90s-80s versions.

When current Jean is toying with apocalypse and punking multiple teams around the what the same time, while storm is beating an amped Magneto and taking on entities like the Adversary solo.

Arguing will be pointless and endless (like trying to convince a certain someone that current Jean is stronger than 90s Jean).

This

#77 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: Your right of course.

However this is where comicvine politics comes in.

You tell me that we're using Classic Magneto, which I assume means all his most overpowered nonsense powers are at play. And then you give me current Storm and Jean. I can argue either way based on fair ups and downs for each side.

But then you have someone saying that she can (as @Marvelfan1992 would put it) "fRy hIs SYNasPeS" or use every obscure feat from the last 50 years to beat him in under a minute.... at that point no matter what I think about the battle, im not interested in engaging in the discussion to be the moderate.

The fact is that while I'm all for trying to educate and be the moderate....theres a reason Storm threads seem to attract the amount of lowballers that they do and it's because of the amount of fans that lean so far to one corner of the debate that it forces others to balance that out by being just as extreme.

X-Man vs Storm and Polaris is a joke thread that needs to criticized because people clearly havent read the source material on PreShaman.

BUT I wouldnt even waste the time since Shaman Nate vs Storm was bumped and certain people were still being belligerent there. It's a waste of time yes, but it's because Storms legitimate power increase feats and noteworthy abilities are undercut by someone screaming about how she can attack with a type of energy that she hasnt mentioned since the 70s.

#78 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: That was a beautiful assessment. I agree 100%.

And when we have Storm fans that DO NOT wank her like myself and a few others and TRY to educate the bumbling Storm Haters(the same haters that appear in ever Storm thread you’d think they have a hard on for her) We are seen as fanatics. Lol. But you know the hypocritical part??? As soon as it comes to their hero they get massively butt hurt LOL. But I agree with you Koays.

To be honest as a fan of Storm myself it’s annoying hearing the “The Trion” argument all the time -_-. And I rarely even argue for Storm to use her synapses feat. That’s for a Bloodlusted Storm. Why would a Morals on Storm want to fry a person brain off the bat......doesn’t make sense.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#80 Posted by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: Besides the fact that he can survive in space?

he needs oxygen to live. she can take the oxygen from his lungs, freeze him, boil his blood, etc....

#81 Posted by Koays (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: It always boggles the mind that a person who can throw tornadoes like Storm can't win a battle because she's either being scaled above her pay grade or below the tier she should be stomping. And 90% of the time its a response to someone elses post.

#82 Posted by Noone1996 (11668 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21: I guess you would know a lot about delusions being a Storm fan that thinks she's a herald and can beat high tiers and bricks.

#83 Posted by Noone1996 (11668 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Laughing at and debunking ridiculous ideas = being "pressed"? Keep telling yourself that.

#84 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I agree. To be honest Storm is A LOT like Iceman. Both extremely powerful characters, but with Morals they are pushovers. Not willing to do what’s necessary. But when they are BL they turn into a complete different person. And that’s the problem here. Some Storm fans seem to confuse BL Storm with Morals Storm whom are one in the same they aren’t. But I agree in Storms tier she should most definitely be stomping, but yet Storm loses to people like Hawkeye? And The Thing? And Daken?? shit the whole Marvel Universe LOL.

If you hate Storm cool, but we don’t need negativity it’s bad enough CV is a cesspool for Trolls and cyber bullying.

#85 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I've never said she can beat a herald which actually she has in xmen gold. You are a hater and it's starting to be very apparent why.

#86 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: everyone has low showings but people overdue storms and I haven't seen her lose to Hawkeye thing or daken. Also what's the difference between morals storm bl storm, storms Morals have been a little shaky for years.

#87 Edited by Paytience (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: No she cant...because every single one of those things are comprised atoms and electrons with em fields attached...and she isn't breaching classic mags forcefield. Period.

And yeah he uses his powers to survive in space...as the White Pilgrim he traveled to the moon under his own power; he used his mutant powers to build asteroid M, and keep it in space with an atmosphere for mutants to live on. Storm controls lightning? Congrats...mags controls the stuff lightning is made from. And hes used storms lightning to amp himself before. Storm can oxygen steal? Good for her...here's a forcefield that stops phasing, teleportation and psionic attacks...and a guy who's powers propogate mftl+, and who physically caught lightspeeders by the throat, mid blitz. Storm get's stomped...Mag's has flat out beaten Storm straight up with weather manip, and fought off a combined psychic assault from Jean and Prof X while in his sleep, and has flat out bodied Jean Grey Phoenix on two separate occasions.

Mags is faster, more versatile, and more refined then either. The entire xmen roster got stomped by classic mags almost every time they fought. The entire XMen and the entire Avengers roster got stomped by mags at the same time...Mags cleans them. Easily.

#88 Edited by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: you cant even come up with a decent argument. You really are the herpes of CV

#89 Posted by weatherwitch21 (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: you are talking about both sets of not as powerful as the versions they currently on because jean on more than one occasion gotten past magnetos Helmut and got into his mind and storm has beaten a amped magneto before so your argument is a little old. Also nothing magneto has ever shown is even close to mftl he couldn't even stop spectrum.

#90 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: you literally just insulted the storm fans in these thread when there is only one doing the most. Pipe down you look pressed.

#91 Edited by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: actually Storm and Magneto literally control the same energies and powers being more versatile is debatable.

#92 Posted by Comic_Crusader (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't say this often, but I really do believe Magneto could spank here. He's literally a direct counter towards Storm. As for Jean, he's also a counter lol.

#93 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21: A morale Storm isn’t going to instantly fry a persons brain. She would be more inclined to hit them with lightning to stun or freeze her opponents in place. A Storm that is willing to kill and doesn’t care for the safety of her teammates basically a “No holding back” that Storm is going for internal attacks. And causing planetary and breaking the laws of nature etc.

Please stop talking to noone1996 your literally talking to a brick wall.

#94 Edited by Paytience (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: If your trying to argue that Storm has subatomic control over EM fields and can control every energy in the electro magnetic spectrum Im gonna laugh in your face, bro.

They don't control the same energies at all. Storm controls atmospheres. She might draw energy from the earth's em field to do so...even that is bloody shoddy...but all that means is that Magneto can shut her down at will.

Storm has never shown EM Spectrum control and certainly not EM Field manipulation...and she sure as hell isn't anywhere near being able to fight Magneto for control of them.

Storm fans are dreaming if they think she can fight classic mags for control over the EM Force.

As for who is more versatile being debatable...it isn't.

#95 Edited by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin said:
@weatherwitch21 said:

i would advise against that and just take the high road. Sadly Storm already gets enough hate and is not given the proper respect on battle threads simply because people dislike her fanbase which, let's be real, you can't blame them for when you have people like Stormcell running around. I've even seen other storm fans get frustrated with him.

On topic, Storm and Jean together should be able to take classic Magneto. Storm was able to hurt NatexLegion with lightning, and Jean was able to hurt him mentally inside his own mind. They are very powerful and not to be underestimated. Storm has also been able to give magneto trouble with her winds way back when, and recently Teen Jean has been able to give current magneto (both teen jean and current magneto are weaker versions of their prime selves), as well as Jean has gotten through Magneto's mental defenses before. However, since this is morals on, it hampers the duo more than it does Magneto, so I give it to the team 5.5/10, or 6/10 if people won't consider decimals

Say what you want about me, but I have the actual scans to back up what I say about Storm's feats and power levels. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, for many posters, it doesn't matter what you show them Storm doing. They will lowball her and attempt to deny the character the feats she's done in canon. For me to be a "reasonable" Storm fan, I would have to agree with their views of the character and ignore all of her high end showings. That's just not going to be the case. I'm an informed Storm fan, and I will stand behind the facts of canon whatever other fans may feel.

Now, as to the rest of your post, you are lowballing Ororo again. Storm evolved into a much more ruthless fighter than she was in the early days when she and Magneto crossed swords. I'm not saying she'd necessarily go for the kill right off the bat, she'd have no problems dropping the hammer to take him down in a fight if you follow her character progression in the canon. The only reason Classic Magneto was ever able to stand up to Storm is because she fought him with kid gloves AND strategic aspects of her powers were ignored in order to give him a way.

Let me guess? I'm being an "unreasonable" Storm fan because of the facts I've just stated eventhough I can pull up scans to back everything I've just said, right? LOL! Give me a break. I don't care if some of the other posters disagree with me or even criticize me as long as I stand on the foundation of truth.

Having Storm PLUS Jean fight Magneto would be a TOTAL overkill given that Storm can handle him alone.

@paytience: actually Storm and Magneto literally control the same energies and powers being more versatile is debatable.

I think a better way of saying this is Storm's powers overlap Magneto's, but the reverse isn't true. Storm can control electro-magnetic fields and forces, including the planetary EM fields, but Magneto does not control the weather.

#96 Posted by Stormcell (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

My point isn't that current Jean is stronger or equal to 90s Jean when we have our debates. The problem I have is we still haven't seen her do feats to declare she can match or exceed what Exodus did in Bloodties. I have seen Emma do some crazy feats that I honestly don't feel Jean has been able to match. Then there's the whole Xavier and Shadow King thing, both of whom have feats beyond anything I've seen Jean do without the Phoenix Force boosting her.

It should be noted that I don't consider Jean to be a slouch, either. I agree that she's powerful. I just feel that these other psis are even moreso. That's all.

#97 Edited by Paytience (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: Bullshit homeboy...show me a feat of Storm manipulating EM fields on any level close to Magneto's.

Here's the only time she ever does anything like it...she had to be amped, and she almost couldn't handle it:

https://m.imgur.com/a/chQb9

And she has never done it again...

"my new power fades...the exaustion surges through my body".

Magneto exists on that level constantly...and could have ripped those cyborgs apart with a thought.

Magneto manipulated EM fields on a subatomic level to fix Collosses...he has manipulated sound...psionic energy...light, hell he deconstructed light by the photon to create holograms...weak and strong nuclear...xrays...gamma rays...he ripped proteus apart by the electron...he manipulatrs genetics by controlling the field around genes, and can manipulate the brains synapses directly.

Like Storm said...rhe fundamental forces that control the weather...you're arguing that an unamped Storm is gonna manipulate a planetary EM field that Magneto is also tied to...

...and Im not even getting into Magneto drawing on the EM from MULTIPLE planets a tonce and the sun in real time...amped Storm could barely deal with the Earth's field on her own for a few seconds. She get's stomped and humiliated.

He has amped himself off Storms lightning before...he is faster than her by several tiers even at base (Synaptic firing 15 times faster than normalm...and has amped himself up strong enough to overpower Hercules, and is fast that he physically caught Northstar by the throat. Hr is fast enough with his powers to track and counter an already dematerialized teleporter before they rematerialized, and he ripped apart a being made of pure psionic energy.

Magneto controls Electrons and the EM force...by Storms own defintion the source of all weather. She cobtrols wind? Trump card...elctrons. Lightning...trump card. Electrons. etc et al.

Everything the weather is made of is controlled and manipulated by Magneto. Everything.

Storm and Jean get stomped.

#98 Posted by Warlockmage (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously... the storm fans are so out of control the jean fans are willing to argue she loses to shut down the out of control wanking... that's how bad its gotten

No Caption Provided

#99 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: lmao but she does though her powers are connected to the EM spectrum... she stated it herself and has shown feats of her using the energy.

Unless electromagnetic energy isn’t EM spectrum then maybe Storm has a different power source.

She has show electromagnetic beams, taking control of electromagnetic fields, manipulated gamma rays to protect the planet, produced electrical winds to contain a electromagnetic blast from Siena Blaze, help repair the electromagnetic field several times, and is in full control of it with other feats. If you think she only controls the energies in the atmosphere you’re mistaken. Even then the atmosphere contains electromagnetic energy... for example a hurricane has gamma rays.

Also the versatile part is very much debatable.. Storm has done things Magneto hasn’t done and he’s done things she hasn’t done. Don’t press your luck.

Not my argument but you mentioned strong and weak Nuclear force as an argument.... those are two different fundamental forces.

And she can also affect the synapse directly.

#100 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: I hasn’t seen Magneto control the weather on panel but if Storm can do it.. I’m sure Magneto can do it. He has more experience with toying with the same field than Storm: