#1 Posted by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Jean face off against Magneto. He is at his classic teambusting power-levels, while the duo are in their current forms

Morals on and the fight is in a generic city that is abandoned

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16272 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto kills Storm, then Jean kills Magneto.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#3 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.

INB4 "Storm solos"

#4 Posted by del_torro (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting Battle.

Current Storm was going toe to toe with Horseman Magneto (amped by Lifeseed Nate grey) and may have KO'd him.

MGH amped Magneto said that if he and then Jean kept fighting, they would both die. And Adult Jean has fooled Magneto with illusions.

Could go 50/50 because Classic Magneto is a beast. But Storm and Jean have grown stronger and more skilled than they were in the early 90s/80s and 70s when he was toying with the teams.

#5 Edited by marvelfan1992 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays@pyrofn oh wow cora isn't baiting the raindrops this time lol. it's time to join forces wahaha

#6 Posted by Koays (11033 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Well considering im about 2 seconds from ripping a "brain impulse" argument a new one, sure let's join forces.

Eh....50/50.

Its classic Mags. No flaws in his shield, TP resistance out the frick. And reaction feats that could probably let him team bust in his sleep.

Not only do we have to argue against his power levels we have to argue against all of his insta kills.

This would come down to them getting a solid distance away, Jean spamming TK blast and Storm dropping a couple dozen hurricanes on him all while hoping he cant effect them through TK shields in order to disrupt powers or turn there energy against them...because Classic Mags loves that kinda stuff.

50/50 Because the Ladies have experience, and higher ends then hes defended from against them.

But still because hes classic Mags theres always a chance he uses the words "fundamental forces" and leaves Storm and Jean laid out trying to google how Magnets work to explain whatever BS he pulls out his ass to curbstomp.

#7 Posted by Batvibe12 (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes both ways.

#8 Posted by Aqualion0 (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is fodder. Either Jean overcomes Magneto's defences with TP or they both die.

#9 Edited by marvelfan1992 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Lol. Well considering im about 2 seconds from ripping a "brain impulse" argument a new one, sure let's join forces.

Eh....50/50.

Its classic Mags. No flaws in his shield, TP resistance out the frick. And reaction feats that could probably let him team bust in his sleep.

Not only do we have to argue against his power levels we have to argue against all of his insta kills.

This would come down to them getting a solid distance away, Jean spamming TK blast and Storm dropping a couple dozen hurricanes on him all while hoping he cant effect them through TK shields in order to disrupt powers or turn there energy against them...because Classic Mags loves that kinda stuff.

50/50 Because the Ladies have experience, and higher ends then hes defended from against them.

But still because hes classic Mags theres always a chance he uses the words "fundamental forces" and leaves Storm and Jean laid out trying to google how Magnets work to explain whatever BS he pulls out his ass to curbstomp.

fundamental forces vs mUH SynApSe FeatZZzZ lmao but you definitely nailed it in that last part. I'm glad its morals on though otherwise this would be a clown fiesta of crushing organs, snapping necks and removing oxygen from lungs

#10 Edited by Koays (11033 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Lol I kinda miss the Magneto fans around here.

You wanna talk internal attacks? They had that and broken ass shield feats that kept the nonsense in line.

#11 Posted by Helloman (28587 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto stomps.

#12 Edited by Stormcell (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm solos. Jean is not needed. Even Classic Magneto's shields are not a match for Storm, and her feats are much better than his.

That said, Classic Magneto had a flawless force-field, and his telepathic resistance would've been much too strong for Jean to overcome. Current Magneto, on the other hand, has a flawed force-field and crappy mental defenses, if any.

#13 Posted by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays@pyrofn oh wow cora isn't baiting the raindrops this time lol. it's time to join forces wahaha

you'll find that I actually like Storm. I just don't tolerate the BS some storm fans like to spout

#15 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is useless here

#16 Posted by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

just like to point out that this is morals on so Jean is unlikely to kill

Storm solos. Jean is not needed. Even Classic Magneto's shields are not a match for Storm, and her feats are much better than his.

That said, Classic Magneto had a flawless force-field, and his telepathic resistance would've been much too strong for Jean to overcome. Current Magneto, on the other hand, has a flawed force-field and crappy mental defenses, if any.

"classic magneto's shields are not a match for Storm" and then "classic magneto had a flawless force-field" are contradictory

#18 Posted by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: i'd be careful with what you say, stormcell is here

#20 Posted by Supermanthor (16590 posts) - - Show Bio

mag

#21 Posted by Shyan (170 posts) - - Show Bio

bumped this just for the lols.

#22 Posted by Koays (11033 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

you'll find that I actually like Storm. I just don't tolerate the BS some storm fans like to spout

Lol....he said "some".

Honestly i feel you. I'm generally neutral on Storm myself since she doesnt do much for me as a character. But when it comes to the battle forum I actively dislike discussing her because of the Storm fans "she did it once in the 80s so she'll do it here!!" Otherwise i'd love to back any X-Man in battles

#23 Posted by weatherwitch21 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

oh I didn't get here before the storm haters. well Storm and Jeans combined power should be enough to defeat him. With jeans tk she can protect them both from his attacks while storm bombards him her attacks. Potentially since storm isn't as merciful as she used to be she can use the same way she almost defeated him earlier in xmen stories.

#24 Edited by Paytience (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto shuts their X-gene off. GG.

#25 Edited by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

people still actually say this on CV? This is the Magneto version of "fry his brain/synapses" thing the Storm fans say. Let's be real that's a plot device, he has been in countless situations where that would have come in handy, but it's not really something he does outside of the..what, maybe 1-2 times he's done that? Besides, that won't work here as @stormcell will simply counter with Storm is a goddess so it doesn't matter if her x-gene is shut off

#26 Posted by Psy-Scarlet (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#27 Edited by Paytience (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp: lol...saying that he hasn't done something since the past couple times he's done it isn't a response worth debating. Especially since he's done 8t to the characters in question.

Yes, he can shut off their x-gene. Yes, he can defend against their psionics...no storm is not his equal in anything. They get stomped, like their entire team has gotten stomped on multiple occasions against Magneto. It isn't a plot device for him to use these powers...it's a plot device when he doesn't.

There ain't no plot here patnah. Magneto shut's their xgene off.

#28 Edited by coraPVP (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

@corapvp: lol...saying that he hasn't done something since the past couple times he's done it isn't a response worth debating. Especially since he's done 8t to the characters in question.

Yes, he can shut off their x-gene. Yes, he can defend against their psionics...no storm is not his equal in anything. They get stomped, like their entire team has gotten stomped on multiple occasions against Magneto. It isn't a plot device for him to use these powers...it's a plot device when he doesn't.

There ain't no plot here patnah. Magneto shut's their xgene off.

"past couple times" I don't know if you have demensia but he has literally done that like what 5 times total in history? Compared to literally EVERY SINGLE OTHER FIGHT he's had with mutants and didn't do that. That's what, 5 vs 100? but yeah sure, those 100 times he didn't do it are the plot device, not those 5 times he did it sure makes sense

#29 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

people love to wank storm so much, weather manipulation is not that impressive

#30 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9841 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Sides can Win.

The Team Wins a small Majority With Some Major Difficulty.

If The Team play their cards right they can pull a win over Classic Magneto. Storm's powers has always given Magneto issues even in his classic days. Now since their is morals Storm may not be willing to go the extra mile to do what's necessary and that's very important for Jean. Jean will need Magneto focusing on Storm so that she can effectively attack his mind. Now, Magneto is screwed because not only is he fighting someone powerful externally, he's fighting someone powerful mentally. And that's too much for him.

"Magneto Stomps" is a laughing thought.

#31 Edited by Paytience (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp: lol...so your argument is: "he isn't going to do it because he chooses not to do it."

#32 Edited by PyroFN (5980 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: ‘Turn of their X-Gene’,

yes because he totally can defend against more experienced versions of the X-Men as he does something so intricately complicated. Especially since Jean can do everything that Magneto can do through her telekinesis.

In your own words, there is no plot involved. Magneto isn’t doing that bull without an opening of some sort. Magnetos shields were flawless, but not all-powerful. He can be overwhelmed.

Needless to say, I do believe that if the ladies got too close, then Magneto could do that X-Gene thing easier like he did before, but it has shown that keeping their distance negates that ability.

They would need a power as powerful as Xavier’s in order to take on Magneto, and what do you know, Jean at this point in time is comparable to Charles in that department. All Storm needs to do is distract Magneto as she pushes the limits of her powers and take him down mentally, like Charles did. The only issue is she won’t kill him, so if she hesitates, she loses. Still, she also has the power to succeed if she is sure in her actions.

So with that in mind, it’s not a clear cut answer, it’s a 50-50 split.

#33 Posted by greenroost (805 posts) - - Show Bio

right

#34 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: who’s wanking her? Actually weather manipulation is impressive in my opinion. Just summoning a planetary storm yields country level energy and Storm has operated far higher than that.

#35 Edited by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: and Jeans not? Lmao she’s not even close to her past level. You just love to hate.

Anyways if current Storm hit him with a lightning bolt and it redirects it... it will not affect since she established her immunity. Current Storm is much stronger than her past self. Depending on the current version used standard or goddess form she outclasses him.

She was able to throw off Legion infused Nate Grey when powerhouse such as Meggan, apocalypse, iceman, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Polaris, Dazzler, and Firestar were on the field...

#36 Posted by Stormcell (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

@corapvp said:
@wollfmyth209 said:

just like to point out that this is morals on so Jean is unlikely to kill

@stormcell said:

"classic magneto's shields are not a match for Storm" and then "classic magneto had a flawless force-field" are contradictory

Storm was able to smash through classic Magneto's shields because she's more powerful than Magneto. So, while his shields were flawless back then, that simply meant it didn't have a weak point to be exploited. However, it would still collapse if greater force was mustered against it.

Jean, on the other hand, was never able to break through classic Magneto's shields. She's only doing it now because Magneto has been weakened from his former self to have a flaw in his shield that never existed before in canon. On top of this, Magneto's mental defenses have been weakened greatly.

So, keeping all this in mind:

Storm>>>Classic Magneto

Storm>>>>>>Modern Magneto

Jean<<<<<<<Classic Magneto

Jean>Modern Magneto

#37 Edited by Stormcell (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

@weatherwitch21 said:

oh I didn't get here before the storm haters. well Storm and Jeans combined power should be enough to defeat him. With jeans tk she can protect them both from his attacks while storm bombards him her attacks. Potentially since storm isn't as merciful as she used to be she can use the same way she almost defeated him earlier in xmen stories.

Exactly. Classic Magneto was only able to beat Ororo because she was a more gentle person back in the day. He admitted that if she didn't hold back, she could beat him. Even under these circumstances PIS was needed to weaken Storm for Magneto to win. Now that Storm has grown more ruthless in battle since her pre-Callisto knife fight days, Magneto honestly shouldn't stand a chance against her. Pairing her up with another character to fight Magneto is an overkill.

@kasya_carey said:

@noone1996: and Jeans not? Lmao she’s not even close to her past level. You just love to hate.

Anyways if current Storm hit him with a lightning bolt and it redirects it... it will not affect since she established her immunity. Current Storm is much stronger than her past self. Depending on the current version used standard or goddess form she outclasses him.

She was able to throw off Legion infused Nate Grey when powerhouse such as Meggan, apocalypse, iceman, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Polaris, Dazzler, and Firestar were on the field...

Magneto hasn't redirected a lightning bolt from Storm in decades. It was PIS when he did it anyway back in the day (and what he actually did was create an interference field which deflected the bolt back at her after it bounced off). Nowadays, when Storm throws a bolt at Magneto, he gets fried. They are finally giving her the degree of control she has over her powers when she fights him rather than devaluing her like what had happened in the past.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#38 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15692 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Magneto taking the small majority. I'm not buying the "Storm is a real goddess!" comments I've seen floating around recently, and classic Mags is just vastly superior to his current counterpart.

#39 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9841 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: I mean If you read Black Panther #172 there's a reason why you see those comments of people stating she's an actual Goddess. You would be arguing against continuity now....

#40 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is useless here, it's basically Jean vs Erik.

#41 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9841 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Storm's not really useless here. But please explain how exactly

#42 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15692 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: I mean If you read Black Panther #172 there's a reason why you see those comments of people stating she's an actual Goddess. You would be arguing against continuity now....

You mean that issue where Wakandan faith made her Ultra Instinct, and then her and T'Challa were together again at the end? Prefer to forget that. I was actually referring to her statement when fighting X-Man though. For the record, still not convinced.

#43 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9841 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: As I have mentioned the proof is all in the scans of BP #172. For someone To say they are not “convinced” they would have to be pretty stubborn to a fact that’s now proven on actual panel(twice in the same story). However, it’s ok I’m not gonna Force you to believe something you don’t want to, but unfortunately Storms a Goddess now and Marvel seems to be ok with it.

As for what you actually referring too, honestly that’s up to your interpretation. Right after that issue was published a user asked the writers of Uncanny X-Men about Storms Godhood and they actually referenced Black Panthers Run #172. So now people who choose not to believe an aspect that’s been apart of Storms history is now fact. Will be arguing against BOTH Marvel and X-Writers.

#44 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15692 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: As I have mentioned the proof is all in the scans of BP #172. To say your not “convinced” your becoming stubborn to a fact that’s now proven on actual panel(twice in the same story). However, it’s ok I’m not gonna Force you to believe something you don’t want to, but unfortunately Storms a Goddess now and Marvel seems to be ok with it.

As for what you actually referring too, honestly that’s up to your interpretation. Right after that issue was published a user asked the writers of Uncanny X-Men about Storms Godhood and they actually referenced Black Panthers Run #172. So now people who choose not to believe an aspect that’s been apart of Storms history is now fact. Will be arguing against BOTH Marvel and X-Writers.

Again, I'm aware of 172, and my response is a resounding and firm...Nah. Not convinced. Brisson and Co. won't mind. I don't think...

#45 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9841 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: That’s totally Fine. As long as your aware of the facts then your allowed to believe whatever ya want. Brisson and Co don’t seem to mind either so your good.

#46 Posted by NiteLite (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is fodder,Jean gets beaten up.

#47 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@nitelite: but she’s not... just by slashing her winds she was suffocating someone with morals. Last time I checked classic magneto almost died under Storms vortex

#48 Posted by kasya_carey (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell: She was highly resistant to her powers not immune. Every character needs a flaw.

Yes now a day but this is classic magneto >>>>> current magneto

Magneto has hax feats to end them both and same could be said for the duo.

#49 Edited by Stormcell (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey said:

@stormcell: She was highly resistant to her powers not immune. Every character needs a flaw.

Yes now a day but this is classic magneto >>>>> current magneto

Magneto has hax feats to end them both and same could be said for the duo.

1) What I was saying is Storm should've had the control over her bolt to keep it from coming back to her. Also, Claremont was inconsistent with Storm's immunity to lightning.

2) I don't really see how Magneto could end Storm with any of his hax feats, though the reverse is not true. For Magneto to attack Ororo internally, he has to project his magnetic energy into her body and grab hold of the metal therein. Storm could easily set up an elemental barrier to block out his magnetic waves. We have seen her create such barriers to deflect telekinesis (see her fight with Candra), electromagnetic energy (see her fight against Sienna Blaze, a much more powerful mutant than Magneto), optic blasts, etc. On the reverse side, Storm can simply command the air, electrical impulses, heat, and moisture inside of Magneto's body. She doesn't have to project any energy inside of him to manipulate these things since she controls these forces directly. Magneto controls metal indirectly via magnetism. This would explain why we have seen Storm able to be inside of both Jean's and Invisible Woman's force-field while still being able to command the elements on the other side of their shields. It also appears that in the second encounter between Storm and Magneto that she created her blizzard attack inside his force-field while she was outside of it.

No Caption Provided

As far as Magneto and Jean pulling hax feats against each other, neither can do it against the other without knocking the other's shield down first. Jean is not going to be able to reach into Magneto's body telekinetically with his force-field up since his shields will block out her TK energy, and Magneto would not be able to reach into Jean's body magnetically with her shields up since her TK force-field would block out his magnetism. In other words, they would have to batter each other's shields until one of them manages to crack the other's in order to pull an internal attack. This is why Jean could not affect the outside world telekinetically when Sue Storm put Jean inside of one of her invisible force-fields. Her TK must make contact with the object she wishes to move with her power. An energy barier can stop that from happening unless she can muster sufficient TK force to punch through.

No Caption Provided

#50 Edited by Stormcell (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

Since it appears as if no one else is going to correct this, I will. Magneto does not have this power in the way you put it. What he does is latch onto the metal in people's bloodstream and manipulate it in ways to stop other mutants from being able to consciously access their powers: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/SOE5gkj0bvTEBxgeFgCvGpRubIk6bpMLJSbO6hKv5SsWbvTB-1uaV-3YYhFh-NwLIl44JTSPhBod=s1600

In other words, in order to pull this trick, first he has magnetically connect with the iron in one's bloodstream. Both Storm and Jean have ways to prevent that from happening. See my previous post above for details.