Steppenwolf (Snyder Cut) vs DCEU Doomsday

• 148 results
lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@death4bunnies: I can't find the exact issue to get the context but I think this is info gathered from interviews that they had with the cast and crew cause they talk about Ciarán Hinds and how he describes Steppenwolf and all that.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday murders him horribly

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday still, I think.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really feel like Wonder Woman wasn't counting Doomsday when she made that statement. Maybe Doomsday doesn't count because it's not really a "person" but just a monster. Either way it's pretty obvious that Doomsday scales above Steppenwolf.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could it be argued that superman was still weakened from the k poisoning. So thats why DD seemed much more powerful then steppenwolf? Thats the only way her statement would make sense.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad I've heard that Superman was not amped in ZSJL, do you know the certainty behind that

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how is this even close. Doomsday casually flattens him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how is this even close. Doomsday casually flattens him.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I'm pretty sure Steppenwolf was meant to be better than the Doomsday in BvS, under Snyder. He is very explicit about power levels more often than not. Trying to get around that statement is kind of just trying to find excuses.

@coolcat4 said:

Could it be argued that superman was still weakened from the k poisoning. So thats why DD seemed much more powerful then steppenwolf? Thats the only way her statement would make sense.

I agree with this, I think he was just weakened during BvS. It is consistent with Superman's superior performance in JL too, and we know Steppenwolf had fought the old Doomsday during the Last War. Everything makes sense with that in mind.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I'm not sure tbh, I don't think he's gotten any more powerful " In universe" but there are times in fiction where characters have gotten feats that exceed the level they were at before so scaling the characters in the past to them is wrong imo

The same way people don't scale Zod/Faora/Nam ek to JL Clark

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As others have said, Doomsday > Superman > Steppenwolf

Sinful_Saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sinful_Saint

Why didn’t the mother box just call steppenwolf before Superman arrived on earth, and when humans hadn’t developed nuclear weapons. They instead call him after Superman’s death and at a point where humans have developed nuclear power. But on topic, Doomsday wins with very little difficulty

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Supermanforever

@lichvanastrea: they probably refered to when Darkseid and steppenwolf face doomsday in one of the planets Apocalypse had conquered. Steppenwolf barely even fought as Darkseid took the charge and was getting absolutely mauled by doomsday and forced into abandoning the planet and retreating from comics. Surviving doomsday means nothing. technically batman also survived encounter with doomsday.

Overall doomsday just murders.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Supermanforever

@sinful_saint said:

Why didn’t the mother box just call steppenwolf before Superman arrived on earth, and when humans hadn’t developed nuclear weapons. They instead call him after Superman’s death and at a point where humans have developed nuclear power. But on topic, Doomsday wins with very little difficulty

Because motherboxes were shut down for ages aznd isolated. It was activated by cyborgs dad, but Superman was already at that time on earth and adult into action.

Sinful_Saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

Supes burned off one of his horns in like 3 seconds. Doomsday would one shot Wolf

freeman185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By freeman185

Doomsday. Guys let's finally stop it. Doomsday IS IMMORTAL. Even Saitama will not kill him. I might see Wanda easily killing him via erasing from existence or Thanos with Reality Gem, but he CANT be killed with physical force.

Darkseid could oneshot him with Omega Beam but only cuz beam kills soul.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was pretty clear that Steppenwolf was meant to be as strong or stronger than Doomsday with more skill. Even if you ignore statements from Zack and WW in the movie itself we can look at feats to see what was intended.

They both fought a sun amped Superman but the difference being that Superman's black suit absorbed rays quicker using basic logic so of course he'd be stronger than his red and blue version. Then there's fighting Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Keep in mind that we've seen that Aquaman is strong enough to surf through the earth's crust itself and also took hits from the Karathen but remained conscious. Steppenwolf overpowered him in and out of water and with a punch then a tackle was able to briefly KO him too unlike the monster.

Wonder Woman contested doomsday's strength 3 times in their fight and there's truly no denying it no matter what, yet she got overwhelmed fighting Steppenwolf and handily defeated with Cyborg and Aquaman as back-up. Additionally the axe slam that Wolf was in the center of was at least comparable to DDs AOE blasts and he also had no bruises from Superman's continuous assault that literally shook everything around them. HV may be what puts DD over the edge but unless he has time to adapt to where he was at the end of BvS he could probably end up with an axe to the head with scaling to WWs speed for Steppenwolf. Post Nuke DD would win after a hard fight though

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the real question here is if Steppenwolf’s Axe can cut DD, because if it can, he can probably win via beheading. And Id wager that it can, due to scaling from WW’s Sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday due to regeneration and adaptation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday stomps.

BuratPuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday rapes because everytime steppenwolf hits him he will just evolve until the time none of stepp's attack would work on him

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post-nuke DD absolutely stomps Steppenwolf.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freeman185: lol saitama would stomp the dceu MCU and whatever universe

freeman185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: I really would like to see how exacly Saitama would stomp Dormammu, Flash or Darkseid.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Erkan12

@lichvanastrea said:
No Caption Provided

I just want to bring this up in case anyone wants to use in the future.

''Steppenwolf survived a battle with Doomsday'', Ok.

Batman survived a battle with Doomsday too.

No Caption Provided

We've no idea about the context of their fight, did Steppenwolf use his army and Space ships while fighting with him? How powerful Doomsday was at the moment?

We know nothing about their fight, so it's a useless info.

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Why are you comparing Steppenwolf to Batman of all people?

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Steppenwolf was meant to be better than the Doomsday in BvS, under Snyder. He is very explicit about power levels more often than not. Trying to get around that statement is kind of just trying to find excuses.

@coolcat4 said:

I agree with this, I think he was just weakened during BvS. It is consistent with Superman's superior performance in JL too, and we know Steppenwolf had fought the old Doomsday during the Last War. Everything makes sense with that in mind.

If that's true than the moon being destroyed when they clash would put Superman above that level, but can we really scale True DD to Zod DD?

Moon level superman.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@anthp2000 said:

@coolcat4 said:

If that's true than the moon being destroyed when they clash would put Superman above that level, but can we really scale True DD to Zod DD?

Moon level superman.

For what it's worth, I remember Snyder stating once that his idea for Doomsday becoming an world-ending threat was that the energy waves he generated would keep getting bigger and bigger until they would reach planetary proportions.

So it's very likely that the original Doomsday destroyed Krypton's Moon with an energy wave from his body, not through a melee attack.

I think he said it in his BvS "watch-along" that's available on Youtube, probably at the moment Doomsday first released an energy wave.

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday one shots with heat vision

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday wins for sure

Hopefully the next DCEU powerhouse will be above him in raw power plus have some hax

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reaching from people trying to suggest Steppenwolf > Doomsday is hilarious.

Superman did not suddenly become twice as strong and fast between BvS and JL, give it a rest. The fact that the motherboxes did not call to Steppenwolf before suggests that BvS Supes was too strong for Steppenwolf, nevermind whatever level you seem to think he is now (hint: it's barely different).

Chungus5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday stomps.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nwname  Moderator

Doomsday bullies him

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41ad42f50
deactivated-610a41ad42f50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday obviously.

Avatar image for bardadwondergal
BardaDWonderGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Avatar image for lastarkhamgamer
LastArkhamGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lastarkhamgamer
LastArkhamGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichvanastrea: yeah um Doomsday molests Stepphenwolf. Stepphenwolf got absolutely obliterated by Superman and Superman was violated by Doomsday.

Avatar image for deactivated-611e7b48df834
deactivated-611e7b48df834

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday ubermega insert more words stomps

ProfessorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ProfessorD

Diana fought Doomsday and still said she hadn't seen anyone as strong as Steppenwolf

Stepp > Doomsday

Avatar image for deactivated-60d9d9eeb8d82
deactivated-60d9d9eeb8d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock troll vs Goat? Going with rock troll.

Y-15-4-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Y-15-4-1

This is hard because doomsday has way better feats no question, but wonder women came out and said that stepponwolf is the most powerful thing she has seen with maybe an exception of Superman and she has seen doomsday before. So I lean towards saying stepponwolf wins because we really don’t know how much more powerful Superman gets after coming back alive because it is clear he is stronger and faster. So them fighting against wonder womam is the better comparison and stepponwolf does better in that way.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peyton-m said:

doomsday ubermega insert more words stomps

succmydicc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers